Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Darwin's Day Celebration - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Darwin's Day Celebration (954 Views)

Charles Darwin To Receive Apology From D Church Of England 4 Rejecting Evolution / Darwin's Day / Does Anyone Not Know About The Giant Hawk Moth: Darwin's Prediction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Darwin's Day Celebration by KAG: 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2008
I don't know where else to put this, but considering the fact there's been some debate here about the theory he helped formulate, this is as good as any.

So today is his day. Good show, man. Have an organism on the house.
Re: Darwin's Day Celebration by therationa(m): 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2008
KAG,

You beat me to this one. GREAT. I can't remember who it was who said this;

Darwin was the greatest liberator of humankind, bar none.

The italics are mine. Remind me if you know. This great man ought to be celebrated the world over.

To quote Richard Dawkins on Darwin - "Darwin make it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist".

I agree with both sentiments.
Re: Darwin's Day Celebration by bawomolo(m): 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2008
darwin put a wrench into religion. even the catholic church has been forced to accept evolution.

(1) (Reply)

Cremation / What Are Athiest Ideology? / “what Is Going To Be Is Going To Be” How True Is This Statement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.