Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Why Do You Love America? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do You Love America? (13806 Views)

Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel / What Do You Love About Some Places And States In Nigeria? / Where Would You Love to Have Your Honeymoon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
In order to fine-tune my research, I have begun asking people - friends and families abroad - what they love about America.
As one might suspect liberty, freedom of speech and freedom of worship etc. But some of the other things they have pointed to may surprise you.
Among the answers I got were the Times Square, Sandra Bullock, South Beach, The Cosby Show and the Western Films.
Terrific answers you may want to say!
However, I would love to hear what you love about America.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
Leripa: In order to fine-tune my research, I have begun asking people - friends and families abroad - what they love about America.
As one might suspect liberty, freedom of speech and freedom of worship etc. But some of the other things they have pointed to may surprise you.
Among the answers I got were the Times Square, Sandra Bullock, South Beach, The Cosby Show and the Western Films.
Terrific answers you may want to say!
However, I would love to hear what you love about America.

Wherever you are living presently, your inputs are welcomed here. Thank you.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by keystone123(m): 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
they are trustworthy and reliable but other side of them is that,they are really proud.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 6:12am On Dec 04, 2012
Maybe I should set the ball rolling by mentioning 2 major reasons why I personally love America.

1. Opportunity - You'll all agree with me that America is a land of opportunities (for the hardworking). So, if you work hard enough, endure through setbacks and failures, you can achieve success and greatness in the US.

2. Diversity - I want to believe that every nation, race and colour is represented in the US. Thereby making it integrated with diversity.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by sabbath7th: 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
The qualiy of life is great.
Cost of living is cheap relative to many European Countries and low inflation.
You can do anything within the law and no one would question you.
Roads are great and mobility is awesome.
Security.
Any latest gizmo is avilable to you first before you can get in anywhere in the world.
Everything is so standardized here.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 5:07am On Dec 05, 2012
sabbath7th: The qualiy of life is great.
Cost of living is cheap relative to many European Countries and low inflation.
You can do anything within the law and no one would question you.
Roads are great and mobility is awesome.
Security.
Any latest gizmo is avilable to you first before you can get in anywhere in the world.
Everything is so standardized here.

Thank you my brother.
Our leaders in Africa should buy into this and make life worth living for their people. Well, maybe by the time we all 'commot' from the continent, they'll wake up. "Eyin oyinbo, E wa fun mi ni Visa mi o". grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 6:19am On Dec 06, 2012
@all: more inputs o, abeg.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:20am On Dec 07, 2012
Leripa: @all: more inputs o, abeg.

American are: wise, generous, skillful, intelligent, trustworthy,lovely,sexy,helpful...name it.God bless America.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
FORTUNE -- Tim Cook drops a bombshell in his interview with Brian Williams scheduled to air Thursday evening: Apple (AAPL) next year will begin manufacturing one of its existing Mac lines exclusively in the U.S.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by temmytanny(m): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
cos No NEPA grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
temmytanny: cos No NEPA grin grin

grin grin grin. Na so o my brother.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 3:35am On Dec 09, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

American are: wise, generous, skillful, intelligent, trustworthy,lovely,sexy,helpful...name it.God bless America.

Yes! God bless America.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Tiwanna(f): 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2012
its a land full of opportunities for the people who are willing to work, it is a place where u can leave in peace and freedom cuz nobody has ur time. it is a place where even the poorest of person can go and make a change to their lives, people accept u for who ever u are there, and the people are so nice, its a place like no other. mostly i wan wear pant waka after i drop some weight grin grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2012
Tiwanna: its a land full of opportunities for the people who are willing to work, it is a place where u can leave in peace and freedom cuz nobody has ur time. it is a place where even the poorest of person can go and make a change to their lives, people accept u for who ever u are there, and the people are so nice, its a place like no other. mostly i wan wear pant waka after i drop some weight grin grin grin.

Miss America!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Tiwanna(f): 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2012
Leripa: Miss America!! grin grin grin

lol
Re: Why Do You Love America? by mikkyangel(m): 4:55am On Dec 10, 2012
My
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 6:31am On Dec 10, 2012
mikkyangel: My friend(security guard),working illegally did 10straight hours everyday for 3months excluding weeknds and bought a Car last week...d oportunity onm this grouind is so enormous in that if u work hard u wunt suffer(though u can't get rich but u will never lack).one what thing dt makes me to trip for God's own country is d food,and latest gadgets. dey say racism still exist here but me neversee any ohh, the whites are so so nice,..

Hmnnn...! Nice one. But what is your take about working illegally as your friend is currently doing? What about the law? Isn't there anything he can do to work legally? Just being curious though.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by mikkyangel(m): 7:51am On Dec 10, 2012
Waitin
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 8:51am On Dec 10, 2012
mikkyangel: Waitin concer agbero and overload? His not into car snatching or Kidnapping bizness,na work him dey work. Man must start from somewhere. U ask me about my take on this? Well d key word is survival, it is better to make living via this means than to dey carry ur Bsc,masters n PHD qualications dey roam abt d streets of n9ja looking for Job. Dangote's advert for graduate truck drivers had about 3PHD holders,6masters degree holders n over 500 bsc holder.

Truly, truth is bitter!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
I love AMERICA cos it is d only place u can achieve ur dream,yankee is also a land of opportunities......
ATLANTA on my mind.God bless AMERICA,God bless 9ja.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Godhelpmeooo(m): 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
america is the best country in the world and is a land of opportunities,no how no how if you are hardworking,you must make it in america.GOD bless AMERICA and GOD bless NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
@jidedon2000@yah and @Godhelpmeooo:
YES! God bless America and 9ja.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by Leripa(m): 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2012
@all: thanks for your contributions so far.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Lucasbalo(m): 8:07am On Dec 12, 2012
Freedom to succeed or fail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
I love AMERICA cos it is d only place u can achieve ur dream yankee is also a land of opportunities......
ATLANTA on my mind.God bless AMERICA,God bless 9ja.
The bolded part sounds *smh* .So it's only US people are making good and better living?
Re: Why Do You Love America? by temmytanny(m): 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
America is the place to be. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

intelligent? is that a joke the average American doesn't know more than 3 countries outside North America!!! Even in a private christian college where I studied more than half of the student mix Switzerland and Sweden. So, definitely not the most intelligent people on earth!

Personally I don't really like American: too arrogant and they have very bad politicians (to sum up, i think the world would be a better place if America didn't have any political/war power)

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by temmytanny(m): 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
miss-sweety86:

intelligent? is that a joke the average American doesn't know more than 3 countries outside North America!!! Even in a private christian college where I studied more than half of the student mix Switzerland and Sweden. So, definitely not the most intelligent people on earth!

Personally I don't really like American: too arrogant and they have very bad politicians (to sum up, i think the world would be a better place if America didn't have any political/war power)
hehehehehehehehehe,have u been to US before,you said they are bad politicians,what would you call [b]naija politician[/b]s?
Americans may not be intelligent but they are using other people's intelligence to control the world and build their country,so who is more intelligent? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Love America? by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:17am On Dec 13, 2012
miss-sweety86:

miss-sweety,it is true that 75% of american never travel out of United State,but that doesn't change the fact that they are great,in times of troubles they run towards each other, they are the best..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 13, 2012
temmytanny: hehehehehehehehehe,have u been to US before,you said they are bad politicians,what would you call [b]naija politician[/b]s?
Americans may not be intelligent but they are using other people's intelligence to control the world and build their country,so who is more intelligent? grin

Yes, I've been to the US (if you had read carefully what I posted you would have seen that I studied there). I have never been to Nigeria, but I know there is a lot of corruption there. But I don't think American politicians are better than NIgerian politicians.

Using their power to control the world: yes, American think they have to get involved in every other countries' business! They claim to do that for a better change, but actually they just serve their own economic interest. Look at what they have done in Irak, Palestine, Afghanistan. They have just destroyed these countries, and the lives of billions of innocents to serve their interest. I don't call that being intelligent!

Plus America's economy is pretty much owned by China, so.... if you wanna call that smart that's your choice, but I don't!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Love America? by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 13, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

miss-sweety,it is true that 75% of american never travel out of United State,but that doesn't change the fact that they are great,in times of troubles they run towards each other, they are the best..

So you like American because of their sense of solidarity? Maybe the invididuals you have met, but there is no solidarity in that country. Look for example at the social insurances: it's only those who can afford it that can be insured, there is no mutuality in the insurance system like there is in other countries.
Re: Why Do You Love America? by justwise(m): 11:45am On Dec 13, 2012
miss-sweety86:

Yes, I've been to the US (if you had read carefully what I posted you would have seen that I studied there). I have never been to Nigeria, but I know there is a lot of corruption there. But I don't think American politicians are better than NIgerian politicians.

Using their power to control the world: yes, American think they have to get involved in every other countries' business! They claim to do that for a better change, but actually they just serve their own economic interest. Look at what they have done in Irak, Palestine, Afghanistan. They have just destroyed these countries, and the lives of billions of innocents to serve their interest. I don't call that being intelligent!

Plus America's economy is pretty much owned by China, so.... if you wanna call that smart that's your choice, but I don't!

I take that as a bad joke, i will forgive because you have never been to Nigeria and probably know little or nothing about Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Faults British Travel Ban, Alleges Most Infected Travellers From UK / Two Fuel Tankers Collide In Benue State. 4 Dead (Photos) / Going To Usa To Hustle Vs Going To Uk To Hustle, Please Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.