Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates (54288 Views)

Nimc 2012/2013 Interview / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / NAF Dssc 2012/2013 (Course 21/22) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 7:06am On Dec 04, 2012
Pls,any info on 2012/2013 customs recruiment?I learnt the new recruits will be passing out third week of december,meaning that the recruitment /replacement exercise of new intakes will start anytime from now.
Useful information will be highly appreciated
Thank you
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by calabaman(m): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2012
Am also interested guys. Plz any info wud be greatly appreciated,, although enquires made by me from customs HQ in abuja from the security said it wud start January but who knows how genuine that info is?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by Are84(m): 9:13am On Dec 04, 2012
I heard dt d replacement exercise would start dis week.

calabaman: Am also interested guys. Plz any info wud be greatly appreciated,, although enquires made by me from customs HQ in abuja from the security said it wud start January but who knows how genuine that info is?
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 10:12am On Dec 04, 2012
calabaman: Am also interested guys. Plz any info wud be greatly appreciated,, although enquires made by me from customs HQ in abuja from the security said it wud start January but who knows how genuine that info is?
Also heard january from HQ abuja
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
Are84: I heard dt d replacement exercise would start dis week.

How reliable is your source

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by Pedy(m): 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
more info pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by lipstick1(f): 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
dem say na N500k for settlement,i no get o,i say make i split am or pay when i get the job.dem no gree,dem say na minister abi na one senator slot be dat.Blessed country,bad leaders

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2012
lipstick 1: dem say na N500k for settlement,i no get o,i say make i split am or pay when i get the job.dem no gree,dem say na minister abi na one senator slot be dat.Blessed country,bad leaders
Who say? Pls holla at me via eiyerejames@yahoo.com
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by mkoabiola: 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2012
Custom intake is currently going on but u av to knw a senator or minister,if u don't knw any,stay away or keep ur mind off frm being a custom officer,if u ar dreaming to bcome1.
Meanwhile,shine ur eyes if dey ask for money cos scammers ar getting fat ds time around.
Frm a reliable source.
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 9:35am On Dec 05, 2012
Okay
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2012
Y S Y:

Same here, help needed!
The site is fake dnt bother,they also have a fake facebook page
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by calabaman(m): 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2012
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by Sirturin78: 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
Any news on the replacement exercise? Pls lets update ourselves..
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
No news until january, from a very reliable source

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by calabaman(m): 6:26am On Dec 12, 2012
haykay2005: No news until january, from a very reliable source
Thanks bro. U get mouth
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by bigdaddy4: 7:18am On Dec 12, 2012
cry hello guys pls can one still apply
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by calabaman(m): 10:08am On Dec 12, 2012
my bro plz add me on facebook. My username is calabaman and am the first person on the list, i need us to rub minds
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 8:30am On Dec 30, 2012
I learnt the new recruits completed training last week Dec 22, you guys can start your follow up.
Replacement tinz wink
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
CUSTOMS RECRUITMENT - SCAMMERS ON RAMPAGE
Recently the Nigeria Customs Service announced that it has uncovered the activities of an illegal syndicate involved in the last recruitment exercise carried out by the service earlier this year. The discovery was made during a routine documentation exercise for newly recruited Officers conducted at the Customs Training College Ikeja. 44 officers were found to have found their way into the college through the back door. Further investigations into the saga however pointed to the direction of some insiders who provided soft ground for the illegal recruitment. 5 serving officers were rounded up for their active participation in the scam which involved extortion of various sums of money from prospective applicants and forgery of documents. The officers all serving at the Customs headquarters were subsequently handed over to the Economic and Financial Commission for further actions.

Rather than dampening the spirit of the scammers, the exposure of their collaborators within seems to have made them go all out in their illegalities. Recently, one of such groups went back to the drawing board to perfect yet another strategy to dupe desperate work seekers, using numerous opportunities provided by the internet. Despite the fact the Service had concluded its recruitment exercise and even concluded training for the first batch of junior officers, the scammers are still busy soliciting applications from job seekers.

To give good effect to their project, the scammers went hi-tech to host their own version of the Nigeria Customs Service on the internet. Using the URL address, www.nigeriacustomservice.net, a clever attempt was made to clone the official website of the service.

The websites of Government agencies are hosted on a dedicated dot gov dot ng domain. The correct website is therefore hosted on the URL www.customs.gov.ng. However, the scammers did a good job of imitation, practically cloning the home page with similar features of layout and colour mix. The official portrait of the Comptroller-general of customs, complete with the welcome message on the official site were copied and reproduced on the fake site.

The fundamental differences were in the sub- menu displayed on the home page. While the official site has 10 sub- menus, each with additional drop down menus, the fake site has only 6 sub menus without the drop down option.

The menus give a clear direction to their illegal objectives. They include Home, Recruitment List that contains no name, and Auction of Cars and containers, where photographs of exotic cars and laden containers purportedly up for Customs sales were display. Other sub menus are for names shortlisted, containing names suspected to be fake, application form and NCS contact.

The first batch of newly recruited officers, the junior officers already finished their basic training at the Customs Training College, Kano last month. They have been deployed to various commands and units of the service. The graduate cadets are about now winding up their basic training at the College in Lagos.

Since the recruitment exercise was concluded, The Service has been inundated with requests by numerous applicants seeking to clarify the authenticity of some information sourced online purporting to offer job placement in Customs. They complained that they were often lured into paying various sums of money to get application forms downloaded before the job offers.

In one of such instances, a man now on the run used the website address www. topix.net advertised job placement opportunities for desperate applicants. The scammer who also posed as recruitment officer for other agencies of Government advertised the phone number 07085691370. When Customsduty called the number, posing as an applicant, the male respondent calmly gave the assurance of placement if a certain amount of money was paid for the forms.

The service has intensified its campaign to alert members of the public on the activities of these fraudsters, warning that their tools have now been expanded to include the use of newspaper publications, facebook and other social media driven by the Internet. Members of the public are advised to beware of their antics and report anybody who solicits money to get recruited into customs or get allocation of auction.

Customs Headquarters

Abuja
https://www.customs.gov.ng/Publications/news_results.php?NewsID=165
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by beckilicious(f): 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
Thanks bt I really dnt tink any of us wanna apply as recruit..It graduate cadet majority of us are chilling 4.
haykay2005: I learnt the new recruits completed training last week Dec 22, you guys can start your follow up.
Replacement tinz wink
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
beckilicious: Thanks bt I really dnt tink any of us wanna apply as recruit..It graduate cadet majority of us are chilling 4.

It's the same word used for both junior officers and graduate level. Thank you
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by Sirturin78: 12:45am On Dec 31, 2012
So does that means that the whole recruitment or replacement process is over?
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by project8(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2013
haykay2005: Pls,any info on 2012/2013 customs recruiment?I learnt the new recruits will be passing out third week of december,meaning that the recruitment /replacement exercise of new intakes will start anytime from now.
Useful information will be highly appreciated
Thank you
.bros abeg keep us updated incase the replacement ave started january.and pls cn u xplain more on how the replacement is done? Is it that u wil replace someone who has undergone d trainin? Or u wil start work witout trainin.sorry oo jus a lay man question.tnx alot
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by project8(m): 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
haykay2005: No news until january, from a very reliable source
bros abeg keep us informed if u hear any news abt the replacement exercise.tnx man
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
You will still go for training before the replacement exercise is carried out, you can start working on your contacts for 2013 replacement exercise. Gbamm!
project8: .bros abeg keep us updated incase the replacement ave started january.and pls cn u xplain more on how the replacement is done? Is it that u wil replace someone who has undergone d trainin? Or u wil start work witout trainin.sorry oo jus a lay man question.tnx alot

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by beckilicious(f): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls anything New plsssss!!! We in Jan 2013
haykay2005: You will still go for training before the replacement exercise is carried out, you can start working on your contacts for 2013 replacement exercise. Gbamm!
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by beckilicious(f): 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
Pls it JANUARY? Any News abt 2013 recruitment? Wats d latest? D set on training have done deir passing out ceremony.
beckilicious: Pls anything New plsssss!!! We in Jan 2013
Re: Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates by haykay2005: 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
beckilicious: Pls anything New plsssss!!! We in Jan 2013
This is the time my people, Disturb your link now!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enterprise Bank Is Calling For Cvs Of Fresh Graduates / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself / NYSC 2013 Recruitment Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.