Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This (17026 Views)

Forex Shortage Hits Airlines As $575m Stuck In Nigeria / Truck Stuck Under Ikeja Bridge This Morning (pics) / Overstayed Visiting Visa In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by kainemma: 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2012
Lots of Nigerians are stuck in dubai and cannot come back home because they have overstayed and are not able to pay the fine for the overstay, meanwhile they are not doing anything tangible becos they do not have a valid residence permit, so i feel they should take advantage of this situation come back home and get their lives back together, instead of wasting away there.

Thousands expected at centres as UAE visa amnesty begins
SOURCE: http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/visa/thousands-expected-at-centres-as-uae-visa-amnesty-begins-1.1113784

Dubai: Thousands of illegal immigrants are expected to flock to centres across the country as the 60-day visa amnesty begins on Tuesday.

Violators of the country’s residency law can visit a centre in each Emirate to start the departure process — which will see them leave the country with no ban or overstaying fines to pay.

General Directorate of Residency and Foreigner Affairs (GDRFA) officials confirmed illegal residents will be granted exit permits to leave the country — with all fines waived — upon visiting one of the 10 centres across the country.

Those applying for amnesty will have fingerprints and iris scans taken to ensure there are no pending criminal cases against them.

“The amnesty will start today and will last for 60 days, giving time for all illegal residents and visitors to leave the country without penalties,” officials said.

Last month Gulf News reported how Major General Nasser Awadi Al Menhali, assistant undersecretary for Naturalisation, Residency and Ports Affairs, announced the amnesty, detailing how illegal residents will be allowed to leave the UAE without penalty.

Related Links
40,000 Indians in UAE to accept amnesty
Filipino Consul urges illegals to use amnesty
As many as 342,000 illegal immigrants took advantage of the last amnesty declared in 2007.

Around 300,000 illegal immigrants left the country under the second amnesty which ran between January and April, 2002.

In 1996, about 200,000 illegal residents left the country under a six-month amnesty.

Residency law violators should take their passport and an air ticket to their home country to any of the 10 amnesty centres across the emirates.

Officials have emphasised there is no need to approach the residency department where the original residency or visit visa was issued.

Those without passports — if they have been lost or stolen — will receive assistance from the residency department to obtain out-passes from their consulates or embassies.

Anyone with outstanding absconding cases against them, where their passport is held at a residency department, will be given back their passport in order to leave the country.

In cases where violators cannot afford an air ticket, they will receive support either in the form of liquidating their bank guarantee deposited at the Ministry of Labour, or where no guarantee exists, they will be helped by the authority on humanitarian grounds.

An official added: “For those violators who wish to stay in the UAE but who have allowed their residency to expire, overstaying fines must be paid in order to legalise residency status.”

In Dubai, those wishing to take advantage of the amnesty grace period can approach the Directorate to follow up on violations and foreigner affairs in Al Aweer from 8am until 8pm, except during holidays.

Colonel Mohammad Alwan, director of the GDRFA in Ajman, told Gulf News illegal residents in Ajman can approach the centre in Al Jurf area — close to the Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs where a special tent has been set up.

Brigadier Dr Abdullah Sahoo, director of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Sharjah, said: “In order for illegal immigrants to have their exit permits issued, they can approach the Sharjah residency department headquarters in Al Jawazat Area.

“They need to bring an air ticket, passport or out-passes from their consulates.”

People wishing to take advantage of the amnesty can call the toll free number, 800 5111, for enquiries and information on the required documents and how to apply.
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by pappy2000: 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
ModJ; This should be on thr Front page.This will assist a lot of Nigerians and Nairalanders
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by 3direct: 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nice development from Dubai prince!! grin grin shocked shocked

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Afam4eva(m): 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
Why must our people always continue to debase and disgrace themselves all over the world. My cousing told me of some Nigerians that beg you for money when you land in Dubai. Has it gotten that bad?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Redmosquito(m): 7:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
Chai! At last I can quit this Minion and Hades stuff and come back home

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2012
A country where the government is using its brains. Simple solution to big problem.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Sunymoore(m): 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2012
Abeg meka hide for aeroplane silencer, so that i can see a city and come back freeeeeee
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by gbokukueba(m): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
afam4eva: Why must our people always continue to debase and disgrace themselves all over the world. My cousing told me of some Nigerians that beg you for money when you land in Dubai. Has it gotten that bad?

Mr man... that your cousin is a bloody lair!!! There are hard working Nigerians in Dubai in corporate organizations and there are people hustling in the market but Nigerians begging that is a fat lie.

So as you land at the airport you see Nigerians begging... common Afam you get brain pass this nah lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Redmosquito(m): 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
gbokukueba:

Mr man... that your cousin is a bloody lair!!! There are hard working Nigerians in Dubai in corporate organizations and there are people hustling in the market but Nigerians begging that is a fat lie.

So as you land at the airport you see Nigerians begging... common Afam you get brain pass this nah lipsrsealed
Guy! Nigerians beg in Dubai! My parents have gone there once, individually. THey both said the same thing. Nigerians plenty for there wey dey beg

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by ignis: 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2012
When will Nigeria give amnesty to over stayed and illegal immigrants?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Clemzy16(m): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nigerians are so scattered everywhere around the world!
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Redmosquito(m): 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
ignis: When will Nigeria give amnesty to over stayed and illegal immigrants?
hahahahahaha! U wan travel back go UK abi grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by SELFWORTH: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2012
ignis: When will Nigeria give amnesty to over stayed and illegal immigrants?

Nigeria does not have a credible record of its own citizens so how can it decide who is illegal or not ?

Besides, everyone wants to escape from here not come here so don't see many "illegal" here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by salolo(m): 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2012
good policy
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Afam4eva(m): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
gbokukueba:

The bolded is one of the reasons why the failure in JAMB exams have reached a ridiculous level. I can't remember ever mentioning the airport and i never said there are no hardworking Nigerians in Dubai. Stop remixing my words. If you want, i can translate my post to pidgin English.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Raxxye(m): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
Redmosquito:
Guy! Nigerians beg in Dubai! My parents have gone there once, individually. THey both said the same thing. Nigerians plenty for there wey dey beg

No big deal about Nigerians begging; if only they can recoup a part of what the thousands of Arabs (with their kids) on Nigerian streets have begged from us over the years!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by naijaspeak(m): 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
Apart from granting amnesty to foreigner who have violated their stay permit in Dubai and the entire UAE. The government of the UAE ( dubai ) should also cancel the sponsorship system as it relate to employment of foreign worker.

The government of the United Arab Emirate and other gulf countries such as Bahrain,Kuwait,Qatar,Oman,Yemen,Saudi Arabia etc need to review their immigration law to accommodate foreigners.

It is sad to see the UAE welcome visitors with an easy 3o days tourist visa only to chase the visitors as soon as their permit runs out. Those who remain is fined when they try to sneak out of the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by gbokukueba(m): 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
afam4eva:
The bolded is one of the reasons why the failure in JAMB exams have reached a ridiculous level. I can't remember ever mentioning the airport and i never said there are no hardworking Nigerians in Dubai. Stop remixing my words. If you want, i can translate my post to pidgin English.

Mr Lecturer, can you explain what you mean since i have misinterpreted your statement. Did you not say when you land in Dubai Nigerians beg you for money where will you land is it not the airport?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by gbokukueba(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
Redmosquito:

Well i do not doubt your parent but i have been living in Dubai for 9 months and have NEVER seen any Nigeria beg for money. I see Nigerians in the market 'beg' to show you around then you sort them but never begged me or anyone i know for money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nigerians are stubborn,i doubt if any of them will take the chance.

U.A.E should have included some money as well atleast $2000,maybe that will deter potential stubborn man.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Afam4eva(m): 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
gbokukueba:

Mr Lecturer, can you explain what you mean since i have misinterpreted your statement. Did you not say when you land in Dubai Nigerians beg you for money where will you land is it not the airport?
If i meant that Nigerians beg at the airport i would have said so. Don't always read statements literally.
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Redmosquito(m): 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2012
gbokukueba:

Well i do not doubt your parent but i have been living in Dubai for 9 months and have NEVER seen any Nigeria beg for money. I see Nigerians in the market 'beg' to show you around then you sort them but never begged me or anyone i know for money.
Well! Yes! Thats what I meant! I might be wrong?! It may not actually be called begging
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by chiboy1928(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2012
Yes I live in dubai and I see a lot of nigerian selling dvd and also begging around the airport for money,I am reffering to those stubborn anambra boys wasting they tine over they in dubai,they beta grace dis opportunity and come bck home.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by shaneroberts26: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
gbokukueba:

. No mind Afam.Mek im folo ask im cousin weda me don beg am before.We hav many stranded Nigerians wey dey for Diera Park Hotel dey waka up and down though.Dubai is a veritable haven for makin cool money.For those wey dey use dia head sha.
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by chiboy1928(m): 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2012
shaneroberts26: . No mind Afam.Mek im folo ask im cousin weda me don beg am before.We hav many stranded Nigerians wey dey for Diera Park Hotel dey waka up and down though.Dubai is a veritable haven for makin cool money.For those wey dey use dia head sha.
through talk my guy
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by Seemyfather(m): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2012
Kai! When me I be dey wait for my wife to give birth to our first child over there! Oga oooooo, why at this time when he be just remain just 3 weeks to my wife delivery? Abeg me I no dey go anywhere ooooooo!

Anyway, Scotland and Spain dey there sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by denzel2009: 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2012
afam4eva: Why must our people always continue to debase and disgrace themselves all over the world. My cousing told me of some Nigerians that beg you for money when you land in Dubai. Has it gotten that bad?

Oyinbos sef dey beg for money here...no biggie...anybody fit dey tight corner.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by mallorca(m): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
gbokukueba:

no talk wetin u know no...our guys full street dey beg on daily basis...some go beg to show u around which after u go settle dem with $100,some dey load good also..life no easy 4 Dubai
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by mallorca(m): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2012
Seemyfather: Kai! When me I be dey wait for my wife to give birth to our first child over there! Oga oooooo, why at this time when he be just remain just 3 weeks to my wife delivery? Abeg me I no dey go anywhere ooooooo!

Spain na wrong choice for now
Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by naxxoxo(m): 10:53pm On Dec 04, 2012
Your cousin is a liar! I stay here and Nigerians here work for their money. I don't understand why people keep spreading false info.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by naxxoxo(m): 10:58pm On Dec 04, 2012
That one no be begging! If person show your around market make him no collect payment? Why dem no carry personal shopper come from yonder? Abi person wey load your goods for container or load to cargo am nah bridge him come count for dubai make him no collect money? All Nigerians here both man and woman dey work for their money. Nothing like begging . No country easy so make una no come here dey talk wetin una no know.
mallorca:

no talk wetin u know no...our guys full street dey beg on daily basis...some go beg to show u around which after u go settle dem with $100,some dey load good also..life no easy 4 Dubai

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This by naxxoxo(m): 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
Your wife wan deliver for dubai..my guy you are dancing azonto on a long thing. First its expensive den you no go get even free pass for the pickin. Even immunization you go pay tire and after delivery she get 3 months to carry the baby commot otherwise baby go turn illegal. Normal delivery na from 200k naira and CS na double that price. All this expenses and you get nothing. So if you get option for another country you better look the other way.
Seemyfather: Kai! When me I be dey wait for my wife to give birth to our first child over there! Oga oooooo, why at this time when he be just remain just 3 weeks to my wife delivery? Abeg me I no dey go anywhere ooooooo!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Article About Dubai / Environmental Truck Rams Into A Supermarket In Abia State, Kills Young Man. PICS / Why Has LASG Not Taken Advantage Of This Mode Of Transport 2 Decongest The Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.