Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5731048 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) ... (3475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rextizzle(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2018
queenfav:
About last Night..
Boli and Barbecued Catfish made with Halogen Air wave Oven at home.. Am never buying barbecued fish outside again!
You made it right
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queenfav(f): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2018
Rextizzle:
You made it right
Joint venture... Me and Oga did.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tobbydy(f): 9:22am On Nov 13, 2018
queenfav:
About last Night..
Boli and Barbecued Catfish made with Halogen Air wave Oven at home.. Am never buying barbecued fish outside again!
waoh, recipe please.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 13, 2018
My friend Mizmycoli told me Nigerian call it Indomie. I decided to try out with Tomato sauce and fried plantain (is it dodo?)

I ate it with a nice lady lipsrsealed

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
Rhemy2013:

Lailai,my nairalander crush lol..
Hw you dey jare..
I dey untop that black chair wey you keep me o sad

How your side?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queenfav(f): 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
tobbydy:

waoh, recipe please.
Okies...
Firstly, you would need this Halogen Air fryer/Oven(Picture below).Jumia sells for 21k.It is perfect for dodo, chicken, fish.. It even bakes cake.
Ingredients -
Catfish
Ripe plantain
3-4 fresh tomatoes
Fresh pepper
2 tablespoon of Vegetable oil
Ginger
Garlic
Lime
Knorr cubes
Curry, thyme, Salt

DIRECTIONS -
1.Wash the Catfish and make an incision on one side, below the head to remove the dirt and grit inside.
2.Make the grilling incisions (as much as u require) on both sides of the fish. That's to ensure that the spice can circulate properly.
3.After that, cut open one lime.. Use it to clean the body of the fish. It will help reduce the sliminess.
4.Keep the fish aside to mix the spice for the fish.

SPICE MAKING
1.Grind half of the fresh pepper with onions.. Ensure u add enough water to d level of the pepper so that it won't be too smooth.
2.After grinding, sieve out water from d pepper /onion mixture already blended.That's to ensure that the spice mixed doesn't end up being too watery, so it doesn't pour out of the incisions made on the fish.
3.Grate ginger and garlic into small particles, then keep aside
3.Put the sieved pepper/onion mix in a bowl.. Add two spoons of groundnut oil. Add the ginger and garlic grated. Also add one tablespoon of thyme, half tablespoon of curry, then two Knorr cubes. Mix all together and into a paste
4.Get a spoon and start filling d incisions made on d fish. Fill both sides of the fish with d mixed spice. You can use any remnant spice to fill d head and belly area.
5.The fish is ready to be Grilled
6.Peel the plantain and place on one of d baking trays
7.Place the fish in a curved position inside another baking tray.
8.Arrange it into the oven and time it to 25 mins.
9.While that is in d oven, you can then fry a pepper sauce to eat the boli and also coat the fish when ready

PEPPER SAUCE DIRECTIONS
1.Slice 2 onions, grind tomatoes and pepper and also grate some ginger and garlic. Then keep aside
2.Heat one big cooking spoon of vegetable oil
3.Add the onions, and stirfry for a minute
4.pour in the grinded pepper and tomatoes
5.Add the grated ginger and garlic
6.Stir and cover to cook for 5 mins or till its dry
7.Add knorr cubes and little salt
8.Lower the cooker so it can simmer, before turning it off.
By now the plantain and fish should be ready
To serve it, you have to coat the fish with the pepper sauce (back and front). You can also squeeze some lime on it too, if you are into that.
The fish and boli can be served with coleslaw also. Another fun way to eat the boli is cut one side of d boli, and fill it with the pepper sauce. It would look like a hot dog. Or you can just dip the boli into d sauce, while eating d fish..

PS-Ensure you don't eat heavily the day u make this. Its best eaten on an almost empty stomach because it very filling.

7 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HardMirror(m): 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
LoJ:
My friend Mizmycoli told me Nigerian call it Indomie. I decided to try out with Tomato sauce and fried plantain (is it dodo?)

where is the indomie. Na stew and chicken i dey see there nau. U sure no be spaghetti Be that?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rextizzle(m): 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
queenfav:
Joint venture... Me and Oga did.
Make una dey enjoy go. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queenfav(f): 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
Rextizzle:
Make una dey enjoy go. grin
grin ;DWish i can stop eating sef.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
HardMirror:
where is the indomie. Na stew and chicken i dey see there nau. U sure no be spaghetti Be that?
My bad oo. I thought Indomie = spaghetti. I have a long way to go undecided

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by geekybabe(f): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
queenfav:
About last Night..

Looks so good! But that halogen oven is expensive embarassed
It’s a must have kitchen gadget for me next year
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AmJane(f): 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2018
Dinner last night
Moi moi

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queenfav(f): 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
geekybabe:

Looks so good! But that halogen oven is expensive embarassed
It’s a must have kitchen gadget for me next year
This isn't so expensive sis. Hubby got it 18k in Lagos,jumia sells 21k.It's a steal because we were planning to go for morphy richards air fryer that's 3.9 litres and sold for 29k.This is way better cos it can cook two items at once,uses little electric units and has 17 litres capacity.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kushercain: 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
Fell on this hours ago. I didn't cook it, was served

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by geekybabe(f): 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
queenfav:
This isn't so expensive sis. Hubby got it 18k in Lagos,jumia sells 22k.It's a steal because we were planning to go for morphy richards air fryer that's 3.9 litres and sold for 29k.This is way better cos it can cook two items at once,uses little electric units and has 17 litres capacity.
What’s the name of the brand of the halogen oven? With gadgets like this I prefer going to known brands like russel Hobbs, Phillips and all.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MizMyColi(f): 3:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
LoJ:

grin grin grin
We call this one Supaghetti tongue

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2018
kushercain:
Fell on this hours ago. I didn't cook it, was served
Noice in British accent grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HardMirror(m): 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
LoJ:

My bad oo. I thought Indomie = spaghetti. I have a long way to go undecided
indomie is noodles. Indomie is the first and biggest noodle brand in Nigeria hence many call all noodles 'indomie'
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HardMirror(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
LoJ:

i forgot to commend your cooking. The dodo was well fried. Well done bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2018
Shine1177:
Pepper Fish and juice.
I read pepper fish juice at first and my chest tightened lol

Looks lovely

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Leesah(f): 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
hahn:

I just did the same thing with noodles and suya but I was too hungry to take a picture cheesy
Noodles yaf suffer
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2018
Something light

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hahn(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
Lunch. Noodles and fried eggs tongue

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
Niketrouble:
Someting light
Delish

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Leesah(f): 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
hahn:
Lunch. Noodles and fried eggs tongue
Again
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hahn(m): 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2018
Leesah:

Again

We ran out of ideas and are feeling lazy. I just woke up sef after eating lunch grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ubizle(f): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ofe Onugbu

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Seahawk: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
Breakfast in bed

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rextizzle(m): 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
Seahawk:
Breakfast in bed
Try eating more Nigerian food, una go just dey eat strange foods they form grin

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Seahawk: 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
It would be nice if you sent me some Nigerian food.
I’d love you for it .

Rextizzle:
Try eating more Nigerian food, una go just dey eat strange foods they form grin

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mysticgal(f): 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
dinner was served tongue

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Leesah(f): 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
Twist pasta and fish stew for breakfast
Egusi for dinner.

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) ... (3475) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sojioguns(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.