Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,399 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1929) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5717134 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) (1930) (1931) (1932) ... (3469) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 11:36am On Apr 10, 2020
Onnasucs1:
oooh...cool. seems they have improved on the quality. The last memory I have of it is that it is sticky.

Always preferred DANGOTE for local pasta. Golden Penny is soggy and comes with this factory fitted taste that I do not like.

Yuneehk:

Dangote, ke? Why do you prefer Dangote, let's start from there because I do not like it? Your meal looks like it was made with the Spaghettini type, correct me if I'm mistaken.
That turkey is everything by the way.

Yes, it is spaghettini, which was very intentional. The problem is the brand grin. I am a brand loyalist. Dangote, Indomie, Knorr, Gino, Samsung, LG, iPhone, Kenwood...etc. I find it hard to try out others, once the market leader satisfies me.

Turkey is bae. grin

Octopusssy:

Why is it a mistake?

I use DANGOTE. angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:39am On Apr 10, 2020
Petyprincess:

Wow!! It's really detailed bt damn I'm scared as a first timer i might not get it right cry
Thanks for the recommendation i really appreciate smiley

It’s not unusual for the first time to be a bit of a flop.
But it will still be edible you can count on that.
Then just practice on making it prettier.

But your belly and your taste buds won’t even care cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MariaAngeles: 11:39am On Apr 10, 2020
Onnasucs1:
oooh...cool. seems they have improved on the quality. The last memory I have of it is that it is sticky.

Super sticky and gets soggy too that I don't dare give it a second lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 11:45am On Apr 10, 2020
pocohantas:

Always preferred DANGOTE for local pasta. Golden Penny is soggy and comes with this factory fitted taste that I do not like.

Yes, it is spaghettini, which was very intentional. The problem is the brand grin. I am a brand loyalist. Dangote, Indomie, Knorr, Gino, Samsung, LG, iPhone, Kenwood...etc. I find it hard to try out others, once the market leader satisfies me.

Turkey is bae. grin

I use DANGOTE. angry
Dangote produces spaghetti? Didn’t know

I agree with Yuneehk, the turkey looks yummy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by temi4fash(m): 11:51am On Apr 10, 2020
Dyt:
Before my wig goes off
I sharply made this sumptuous pancake
Wanted make banana smoothie but time no dey

How do you make the pancakes please.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by temi4fash(m): 11:52am On Apr 10, 2020
pocohantas:
Cooked spag, made the mistake of using GoldenPenny. Didn’t even notice.

This looks great.

Is this the main course or just appetizer?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Yuneehk(f): 11:54am On Apr 10, 2020
pocohantas:

Turkey is bae. grin

I use DANGOTE. angry
I thought as much because GP spaghettini requires just little amount of water. I can't buy it, though. It's always been GP Spaghetti for me. As Dangote, it is too sticky, their noodles, very tasteless. I only like their cement grin
Very loyal Poco.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tonyfx: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2020
loveymom:

Finish keh!!

E plenty, come take yours smiley

Hmmm, that's what I wanna hear grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by StrafordSTONES(m): 11:58am On Apr 10, 2020
Breakfast:

Noodles boiled together with egg

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 11:59am On Apr 10, 2020
Ishilove:

5'10? Poco confirm that height again. cheesy My mum is 5'10 and she is the tallest female in church. She never liked wearing heels because when she does, she towers to 6ft. She's a lot taller than my P-man who is 5'7. cheesy

The poco I dey see for picture no pass 5'4. Kpukpuyeke. grin tongue grin grin grin

Lmao @ 5’4. I am just laughing here. I can’t even give a perfect response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by karli4nia(m): 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2020
ibkayee:

And how u wan know?.. I am sure u don't know he produces lingerie as well. winkNext Africa's Victoria secret..

I was looking for your gfs brand of Guys. As she says she's a brandloyalist..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao @ 5’4. I am just laughing here. I can’t even give a perfect response.

That booty alone adds a solid 1 foot to your height jare. Ishi has always had challenges with measurement and calculation tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hardlife: 12:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
Brunch: Spaghetti + ẹja kika + egg Garnished with Cucumber....

I blended ginger with the little pepper added and the taste was kiss. I think Going forward I will always add ginger to my spag.

21 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
ibkayee:

I just put it in boiling water, maybe add seasoning and salt smiley

Thanks, will give it a try again.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 12:47pm On Apr 10, 2020
temi4fash:

How do you make the pancakes please.

I used 1 cup of flour
Half spoon of sugar
Pinch of salt (I am not a fan of salt)
Baking powder
Liquid milk to stir to my desired thickness
Heat my butter in the pan
Put the fire on low heat
Add the mixture
Turn after like a min
When the other side is brown too
Put in your plate grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy (I said this cos I usually eat mine from the pan on fire) grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
Fried beans porridge and freshly baked bread

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by candance: 1:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
Thanks a lot. smiley

Akposy:
Meat Pie

DOUGH
1½ cup flour
100g margarine (I didn't have scale..so I used 3 pressed)
Pinch of salt
¼ + ⅛ cup water
⅛ cup egg (about ½ egg)

Mix the flour, salt and margarine with your finger tips till it becomes grainy
Make a well in the middle of the flour mix. Add in the egg and water (1 tbsp at a time) till the mix comes together.
Wrap in a cling film and set aside in a cool place or a refrigerator

FILLING
1 medium sized carrot (diced/cubed)
2 green beans (diced)
1 medium/big Irish potato (diced/cubed)
Vegetable oil
Onions (cross chopped)
Minced beef (I used 100 naira beef. The Aboki helped in chopping it into bits..you could also use already prepped minced beef or corned beef depending on the quantity you need and the availability)
Knorr seasoning (1 cube)
Garlic and ginger powder
Curry
Salt to taste
Black pepper or chilli pepper (it depends on how hot you want it)
Corn flour + H20

Boil your potato and carrot in water (a bit salted) for about 5 mins..(it shouldn't be too soft...Al dente at least). Drain and set aside
Saute your onions in your hot vegetable oil till translucent. Add in your beef and fry till it changes from pink to brown (if using corned beef or minced beef). If using raw beef, season and steam first before using.
Add in your potato, carrot and green beans dice. Add in little water and allow to cook.
Add in your spices and seasoning to taste.
Mix your corn flour (or all purpose flour) with water to form a runny paste (about 1½ or 2 tbsp with little water)
Add to the tasty veggies on heat. Stir immediately so the mix will be thick evenly.
Remove from heat and set aside to cool

Roll out, shape and cut your dough with anything you have at your disposal. Put in your filling, seal and coat with egg wash. Also, poke the surface with a fork so heat can escape and cook the dough top properly.
Bake in a preheated oven..not too high or low temp for about......I didn't really time mine. I kept checking with my eyes.

Thanks!!!

cc. Candance

Modified
Please if anyone have refrigerator to sell at clearance price, kindly quote me

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
Petyprincess:

Thank you very much,when i plan on making it i will definitely ask questions smiley
You're welcome

Prestonn:

They are not really my students, just sharing some segment with them because of the lockdown cheesy

Ermmmm.. Okay Chef

Prestonn:

Thanks Brother...Since is your first time, i advice you also check it on YouTube before cooking.. Because the Isokohs, Urhobos, Itsekiris and Bini have different method of cooking this soup...

OWOH SOUP.. Africa kitchen

INGREDIENTS
~ Any meat of your choice
~Smoked Fish
~Seasoning
~Palm Oil
~Tomatoes
~Native salts (Potash or Kanwa)
~Pepper
~Crayfish
~Yellow garri (sieved)/ optional
~salt

PREPARATION

●Boil your meat with just salt and season cube. Once they have cooked, add your blended tomatoes and pepper....Add your smoked fish and crayfish.

●Dissolve your potash in water and add to the pot and bring to boil. Add your garri and stir (I don't use garri )

●Allow it to cook.. In a few minutes you will notice that the addition of the potash has caused the watery stock to thicken a little....Take it off the heat and let it cool down a little, like 10 to15 minutes.

This last stage is like magic.. I prefer you also check it on YouTube to see how it form while stirring in your palm oil to get it right.

●Stir in Palm oil into the pot. The soup will thicken and the colour will change to yellow.

Serve with Starch, boiled ripe plantain, boiled yam or Garri.

NOTE:

* please don't add curry, thyme or onions etc while cooking your meat.. just salt and seasoning cube.

*Taste for salt before adding extra, because the Potash is salty.

* Dont add too much crayfish, because it darkens the soup.

* Don't cover your pot after adding the Potash(native salt)

* It looks creamy

* Use the thick part at the bottom of your palm oil gallon

Miguo Chef! Wekobiruo....I will try it out and give you the feedback.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 1:13pm On Apr 10, 2020
GboyegaD:

It is more expensive because of the process of making it. It is usually about 6 to 12 times higher than regular oats per gram depending on the mix you buy. Some have it mixed with sunflower and flax seeds, some with pumpkin seeds, some with hemp seeds so it makes the price vary. The easiest if them can be made yourself at a much cheaper cost.
Okay boss. Thanks!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 1:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
Akposy:
Fried beans porridge and freshly baked bread

Does abracadabra work for things like this?
Hey gawd

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Allshadesfemale: 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Iceyjays(m): 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2020
StrafordSTONES:
Breakfast:

Noodles boiled together with egg
Nice one!

i used to enjoy noodles and egg cooked together but now i prefer it fried, i will rather eat it fried with noodles.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Iceyjays(m): 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2020
ibkayee:

There's nothing dangote dosen't produce, from Noodles to spaghetti e.t.c.

this is why he still remains the richest in Africa.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by XhosaNostra(f): 2:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
Cheap meal. Flaked fish & rice.

23 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2020
Biingoo:
Something light for breakfast tongue
magria
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
Moi moi
Oats
Coleslaw
I am def having bread with this

Dear God pls I still want to wear XL after quarantine cry cry

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by temi4fash(m): 2:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Dyt:

I used 1 cup of flour
Half spoon of sugar
Pinch of salt (I am not a fan of salt)
Baking powder
Liquid milk to stir to my desired thickness
Heat my butter in the pan
Put the fire on low heat
Add the mixture
Turn after like a min
When the other side is brown too
Put in your plate grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy (I said this cos I usually eat mine from the pan on fire) grin grin grin

Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jaqenhghar: 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by XhosaNostra(f): 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

[img]https://media1./images/763b127eee15c6db9c88f97e3609654d/tenor.gif?itemid=11570479[/img]

Hahaha grin

Butchy, you should prepare something one of these days. I wanna see your handy work tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by konkonbilo(m): 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
smiley

20 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Iceyjays(m): 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
XhosaNostra:
Cheap meal. Flaked fish & rice.
Hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) (1930) (1931) (1932) ... (3469) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.