Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5714264 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2565) (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) ... (3466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by stevebond007(m): 6:27am On Jan 27, 2021
When I was still new here, and scrolled the page from down up, without seeing the monicker,I found it difficult to differentiate between cococandy, pocohontas and petyprincess. Now I know shaa.
coco cooks a feast.
pocohontas cooks often, with more new recipes
and petyprincess, more about travels these days..

Abi? Una well done

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akeem79(m): 6:48am On Jan 27, 2021
牛排

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Neoteny(m): 7:17am On Jan 27, 2021

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 27, 2021
Neoteny:
Everything looks amazing.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 7:43am On Jan 27, 2021
pocohantas:

Very true nne. I don’t eat garden eggs, but I eat garden egg sauce. cheesy

You know every other time you put up your ingredients, I noticed two recurring items- parsley and Basil. As you no wan rest for their matter, I bought them. Today I used the basil in my garden egg sauce and it is YUM! wink

cheesy cheesy I can perceive the aroma of that garden egg sauce with basil from here and I know the taste was great... Much respect.

I grow them at home...Mint, Basil, Parsley, Rosemary and oregano.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Annajapheth: 7:54am On Jan 27, 2021
aroundtheearth:

Delish
Thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sheycrown(f): 8:16am On Jan 27, 2021
Ayamase sauce

24 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 8:41am On Jan 27, 2021
pocohantas:

Very true nne. I don’t eat garden eggs, but I eat garden egg sauce. cheesy

This used to be me until I started eating the white type with groundnuts, it is quite nice. I have now progressed to eating them without the nuts I still like it.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:58am On Jan 27, 2021
Peppered Snail from the Kitchen of [/b].
A spicy Nigerian snail dish that is quite easy to prepare with a savory taste that belies its simplicity.
This was enjoyed as a snack.
Petyprincess, do you like Peppered snails?

Enjoy Foodies. . ....

giftfromGod:
please teach me how to make this.
Okay, we got you.
Here we goooo......

[b] Ingredients.
:
12  Shelled Big Snails.
2 Large Onions.
5 Scotch Bonnet peppers (you may use less depending on your spice tolerance).
2 Limes or 2 lemons.
2 bouillon powder.
1/2 bottle of Veg Oil.

Prep Time = 20 Mins.
Cook Time = 40 Mins.

Instructions :
To start with,
Let's talk about washing the snails,
Pour hot water in a bowl and squeeze the juice of lime/lemon over the snails to remove the slime covering them.
Some people use salt also.

Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, used the lime/lemon to rub against the snails to remove the slime.
It should come off pretty easily.
Rinse the snails thoroughly in cool water.

Slice one onion, and one scotch bonnet peppers, and set aside.

Boil the snails in a pot with the sliced onions and scotch bonnet peppers, 2 bouillon, Salt to taste and 2 cups of water on low heat for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes of boiling, turn off the heat, and set the snails aside.

Slice the one onion, scotch bonnet, and bell pepper.

In a fry pan, heat up the oil on medium heat, and saute the sliced onions and peppers until it is translucent.
Add in the snails, and continue to fry for another 15 minutes.
Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Then your Naija peppered snails is ready!!

Serve the peppered snails hot!
It is always a WOW feeling....
Always oh la la.....

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:58am On Jan 27, 2021
Peppered snails continua.....

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cousin9999: 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2021
post=98488783:
Peppered snails continua.....

Are these good battered and fried?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by giftfromGod(f): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
post=98488776:
Peppered Snail from the Kitchen of [b][/b].
A spicy Nigerian snail dish that is quite easy to prepare with a savory taste that belies its simplicity.

Enjoy Foodies. . ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by reaky(m): 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2021
pocohantas:
Garden egg sauce and yam.

This one is for Twoclans the birthday woman. grin grin

I have a colleague that gives the most hilarious birthday speeches. He will say, “As you approach menopause..., may God continue to bless you” Hahahahaha!

I love this
Please tell me how to prepare it
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2021
post=98488776:
Peppered Snail from the Kitchen of [b][/b].

Enjoy Foodies. . ....

Nice. Very nice. ✨✨✨

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2021
Food

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2021
giftfromGod:

Okay ma.
We will type out the recipe before the end of today.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
mariahAngel:

Nice. Very nice. ✨✨✨
Thank you so much Angel Mariah! kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HelenBee(f): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
Fried rice.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
Seaweed dumpling soup
Fresh fruit
And a midnight cocktail

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
cococandy:
Seaweed dumpling soup
Fresh fruit
And a midnight cocktail

Strawberry is the most deceptive fruit in the world. I’ll learn cocktail Coco. angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
pocohantas:

Strawberry is the most deceptive fruit in the world. I’ll learn cocktail Coco. angry

I like it. Not too sweet just the right amount of tart. wink

Start from mocktails. I have a Bartesian cocktail mixer from Amazon . I just relax and it makes different flavors for me. From zero alcohol to strong cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2021
Native egusi, uziza and plantain flour Amala.

Globalization at the forefront of hungry nwa Africa

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2021
armyofone:

I thought amala only comes from yam?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2021
No it comes from plantain too...as in dried green plantain. I rarely eat amala but when I do, it must be only the ones from plantain.

cococandy:

I thought amala only comes from yam?

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:36pm On Jan 27, 2021
armyofone:

How I hate that phrase! cheesy

Africa need to arise and stop being a liability to the rest of the world. cheesy
If we're ever going to be taken seriously, we should at least be able to provide our own food. Even animals toil for theirs.
The world was not created to cater for Africa.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Food

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:49pm On Jan 27, 2021
Me done eat African food and fit do king kong and trek go work grin

If you want fight for the arisement of Africa, i will follow you as far as I'm not hungry grin

mariahAngel:

Africa need to arise and stop being a liability to the rest of the world. cheesy
If we're ever going to be taken seriously, we should at least be able to provide our own food. Even animals toil for theirs.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2021
armyofone:
Me done eat African food and fit do king kong and trek go work grin

If you want fight for the arisement of Africa, i will follow you as far as I'm not hungry grin

Whatever that means.... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liposure: 10:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
Neoteny:
everything sploofick

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2021
Cousin9999:

Are these good battered and fried?
Yes, they are.
Not fried too dry or hard tho....
We need to maintain some moisture and relieve the crunchy feelings.......oh la la tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liposure: 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
cococandy:
Seaweed dumpling soup Fresh fruit And a midnight cocktail
if am right, you are a vegetarian
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liposure: 10:50pm On Jan 27, 2021
mariahAngel:

africa will get there. But we provide our own food; cultivate our own food. Even some of the world's major cash crops are exported from this continent.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2565) (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) ... (3466) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Faithfulfaythe, DyingFetus, 300wayne and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.