Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,966 members, 7,803,204 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5718999 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) ... (3469) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:00am On May 01, 2021
LordReed:

Just the way I like it too!

Thank you.
Cousin9999:

Or coffee or peanut butter ice cream

Me, I had it with hot pure cocoa powder drink without a single guilt. cheesy

That sheet is bitter as fork! grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:04am On May 01, 2021
armyofone:
Sis, the thing just confuse me - sigh.
In a whole country as big as Nigeria, people can't do the right thing to make sure there are abundant foods? With all the lands, no large scale farming so that there are food all year round ? Rain doesn't fall that much in CA yet they farm and produce food that are sold to other countries...oh goodness!!
I read after the war and great depression, the govt here brought scientists, farmers etc together for ideas to never experience such again.
Today there are varieties of everything - 1 horn goat, 2 horns goat, 3months cows, 2days old chicken. 3months, 6months, etc
1month corns, red rice, brown, black, bazmati, rexmati, mosmati, texnati, million types of beans, etc all ready for your pots grin

Lord, please give Nigeria govt wisdom and sound mind.

People have refused to farm/farm the right way. We are running into deep, very deep food insecurity in Nigeria.

Farmers in the North have deliberately refused to upgrade their farming techniques, they still extract and replant seeds they have been growing for over 10 years. Southerners have been deceived that some particular crops dont grow in the South. These farmers dont want to invest in hybrid seeds.

The normal youths don't have a small garden at home to grow these fast growing crops. On the other hand, the government pack all agricultural grants and supports to the North leaving the south with crumbs! Lemme stop here jare. Nigerians, we are our problem.

Happy new month. I think i'm ready to start posting here again. Lots of impact to be made

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:08am On May 01, 2021
Akposy:

People have refused to farm/farm the right way. We are running into deep, very deep food insecurity in Nigeria.

Farmers in the North have deliberately refused to upgrade their farming techniques, they still extract and replant seeds they have been growing for over 10 years. Southerners have been deceived that some particular crops dont grow in the South. These farmers dont want to invest in hybrid seeds.

The normal youths don't have a small garden at home to grow these fast growing crops. On the other hand, the government pack all agricultural grants and supports to the North leaving the south with crumbs! Lemme stop here jare. Nigerians, we are our problem.

Happy new month. I think i'm ready to start posting here again. Lots of impact to be made

That made me glad. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SeaTrade(m): 9:20am On May 01, 2021
Akposy:

Why should Nigerians invest in farming when you can just rent a warehouse for say 20m a year,buy some lightimgs and generators and some oil and gas equipments and do rental and then call yourself oil servicing company whereas all you do there us to rent light bulbs to multinationals and get paid ridiculous sums for it because your government introduced local content act which forced some of these multinationals to patronise your mediocre ass?
If you had money in Nigeria now,would you chose farming or renting light bulbs and generators(most times mikanos)?
That is why Nigeria isnt progressing in farming,cos everyone wants to make a quick buck from oil and gas because the local content act forced IOCs to patronise people who are so mediocre,so every jack with N100m can profiteer from this industry.
So all of them would pick this over farming.
Nigeria needs me ,a heartless, thoughtless and remorseless capitalist to bring them back to their senses and grow this fucking economy.
What I will do is scrap the local content act,so that IOCs can even import competent hands in basic needs such as lighting and power,so that all these cows who know nothing fronting companies up and down will be left with no choice than to invest their monies in the local economy like farming,ranching,etc..

I can be very brutal and heartless when I wanna achieve something, and things must always go my way cos I'm smarter.
Shit!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:29am On May 01, 2021
SeaTrade:
Why should Nigerians invest in farming when you can just rent a warehouse for say 20m a year,buy some lightimgs and generators and some oil and gas equipments and do rental and then call yourself oil servicing company whereas all you do there us to rent light bulbs to multinationals and get paid ridiculous sums for it because your government introduced local content act which forced some of these multinationals to patronise your mediocre ass?
If you had money in Nigeria now,would you chose farming or renting light bulbs and generators(most times mikanos)?
That is why Nigeria isnt progressing in farming,cos everyone wants to make a quick buck from oil and gas because the local content act forced IOCs to patronise people who are so mediocre,so every jack with N100m can profiteer from this industry.
Nigeria needs me ,a heartless, thoughtless and remorseless capitalist to bring them back to their senses and grow this fucking economy.
What I will do is scrap the local content act,so that IOCs can even import competent hands in basic needs such as lighting and power,so that all these cows who know nothing fronting companies up and down will be left with no choice than to invest their monies in the local economy like farming,ranching,etc..

I can be very brutal and heartless when I wanna achieve something, and things must always go my way cos I'm smarter.
Shit!
Okay...
I will choose farming, vegetable farming anyday.
If i get that 20m naira you quoted above, na to buy land, build 4 greenhouses, a mini agricultural center and farmers market where i will produce safe and nutrituous food. The agricultural center will be a practical school.

Farming the right way will boost our economy. We have all it takes mehn

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:31am On May 01, 2021
SeaTrade:

Shit!

Iwe oku! grin

Nigeria matter dey always induce anger.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zeezaa(f): 9:52am On May 01, 2021
Your Saturday Akara is ready oooo

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 9:55am On May 01, 2021
zeezaa:

How do you get the akara to puff up?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2021
Homemade strawberry ice cream.

This ain't your junky ice cream though. I know most of us here are ice cream lovers. Why not try this healthy alternative? Below are the ingredients used

Whipping cream powder
Strawberry fruits
Condensed milk or honey or cane sugar or powdered sugar

Mix your whipping cream powder with cold water, whisk till it forms a stiff peak.
Puree (blend) your strawberries
Add in the condensed milk, honey or whatever sweetner you're using to the whipped cream
Add in your strawberry puree to the mix
Put in a freezer plate and freeze for 1hour or more.
Serve with fresh strawberry slices.

Who's trying this? For Jos people, you can get whipping cream powder at Onigbinde Stores...the small transparent container cost 450.
You can substitute the Strawberry with Mango to make mango ice cream.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:17am On May 01, 2021
zeezaa:

Your akara is very beautiful. ❤

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Darkseid(m): 12:00pm On May 01, 2021
Breakfast at work - chocolate cake

14 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zeezaa(f): 12:09pm On May 01, 2021
LordReed:

How do you get the akara to puff up?

After blending the beans, I used a hand mixer to whisk it until it becomes lighter and fluffy . This step replaces the turning with mortar that street vendors do.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zeezaa(f): 12:10pm On May 01, 2021
Mariangeles:

Your akara is very beautiful. ❤

Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liposure: 12:50pm On May 01, 2021
zeezaa:
impressive
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 3:01pm On May 01, 2021
zeezaa:

After blending the beans, I used a hand mixer to whisk it until it becomes lighter and fluffy . This step replaces the turning with mortar that street vendors do.

I thinking of adding baking power, maybe I will give your method a try.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 3:06pm On May 01, 2021
LordReed:

I thinking of adding baking power, maybe I will give your method a try.

Please don't. embarassed

Pardon me...I just couldn't help it cheesy

Put lots of onions instead for a delicious akara.
You like onions don't you?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 3:24pm On May 01, 2021
Mariangeles:

Please don't. embarassed

Pardon me...I just couldn't help it cheesy

Put lots of onions instead for a delicious akara.
You like onions don't you?

It's ok lol.

Yeah I like onions.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 3:46pm On May 01, 2021
LordReed:

It's ok lol.

Yeah I like onions.

Good.
Use a good amount of it.

You can divide the onions; add some before blending the beans, and add the rest (chopped) to the blended paste.
Make sure to add as little water as possible. (You want your paste thick)

If you don't have an electric mixer, use a wooden spatula/mixing stick to mix/cream in one circular direction till the mixture becomes light, airy and increased in volume. (Takes about 10-20mins of continuous mixing)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SweetVibe: 3:59pm On May 01, 2021
Darkseid:
Breakfast at work - chocolate cake
Breakfast by 12'noon?
I see ulcer knocking
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mzMerci(f): 5:46pm On May 01, 2021
Late lunch

26 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by goldwaters(f): 6:08pm On May 01, 2021
karli4nia:
Please for those of y'all who grew up in the village..

What is this fruit? called, in English..

I think it's called Uchechi in Igbo..

Cc
Cococandy
Mariangeles

It’s velvet tamarind in English

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Darkseid(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2021
SweetVibe:

Breakfast by 12'noon?
I see ulcer knocking
grin grin
Five out of seven days in a week, I only eat dinner [heavy one], breakfast is on rare occasions and lunch is only on Sundays.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SweetVibe: 6:17pm On May 01, 2021
Darkseid:

grin grin
Five out of seven days in a week, I only eat dinner [heavy one], breakfast is on rare occasions and lunch is only on Sundays.
Ahhh!! That is not a healthy lifestyle
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Darkseid(m): 6:34pm On May 01, 2021
SweetVibe:

Ahhh!! That is not a healthy lifestyle
I'm already used to it, eating breakfast makes me hungrier and I don't eat outside my house, so lunch is out of it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SweetVibe: 6:38pm On May 01, 2021
Darkseid:
I'm already used to it, eating breakfast makes me hungrier and I don't eat outside my house, so lunch is out of it.
would have been nice you had a fiancee or relative that cooks and bring lunch.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SeaTrade(m): 6:51pm On May 01, 2021
mzMerci:
Late lunch
Can you invite me over?
I love this!
I'm serious.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by NiklauseFred(m): 9:40pm On May 01, 2021
SeaTrade:
Can you invite me over?
I love this!
I'm serious.

I wouldn't mind holding ur bag for you when you will be going. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SeaTrade(m): 9:45pm On May 01, 2021
NiklauseFred:

I wouldn't mind holding ur bag for you when you will be going. cheesy
grin grin
I know wetin you want do sha but e no go work.
You don see woman now you want follow me grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LotaTee: 9:49pm On May 01, 2021
Mariangeles:
Super moist chocolate cake❤
This looks delicious.
How do you bake without getting the underside burnt?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by NiklauseFred(m): 9:52pm On May 01, 2021
SeaTrade:
grin grin

Lol grin there's God oo
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by NiklauseFred(m): 9:53pm On May 01, 2021
SeaTrade:
grin grin

Lol grin so na only wan chop am na?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SeaTrade(m): 10:09pm On May 01, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Lol grin so na only wan chop am na?
grin grin
She no go gree our 2 na,when no be say na okpo grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) ... (3469) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.