Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,011 members, 7,799,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5711222 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (3466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
Great job chilli smiley

Yea quantity of water matters. Too small or too much will either make it too hard or not nicely shaped respectively.
Chillisauce:
my akara ready

No krokro, very smooth and soft.

I got it right this time .

After blending, it has to do with the quantity of water used and I also used the cake mixer.
Got air in it for the softness and it held the akara together.
The mixer replaces the job of morter and pestle.
VoilĂ . Akara

Cc . Cococandy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Got air in it for the softness and it held the akara together.

How were you able to get air into the akara? Did you open up the akara, blow some air in it and covered it back or how? undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
cococandy:
Great job chilli smiley

Yea quantity of water matters. Too small or too much will either make it too hard or not nicely shaped respectively.

Thanks dear.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by thelish(f): 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2015
MarvellousGod:
So I tried washing my beans for moi moi using a blender and it was wonderful. . Wonder why I never found out earlier. ..

Please, is there a way I can extract oil from my banga without using mortar or hand?.. Thanks..
please explain dis method to me. blender for washing d beans?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
FriedPlantain:

How were you able to get air into the akara? Did you open up the akara, blow some air in it and covered it back or how? undecided

from the cake mixer.
Same way it gets air onto egg white when you use a mixer.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
cococandy:

Good question. grin

Not at all. There's so many of them.

I'm kind of a picky eater.

Fettuccine is large form of spaghetti.
All na pasta.
Oooo. No problem. Tanx

tchidi
dont mind me oooo....i asked cos most pple in d states always post about salmon.

Armyofone.
The fish get level oooo....... Its too expensive joor..... Which lab? Science lab or kitchen lab
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
Yes, wild salmon get real level.
The farmed is more commonly eaten cuz wild is way expensive. Real lab grin alchemy labs same kind of place they invented energy drinks like Red Bull and Monster grin
I will be going with my army friends for mackerel fishing grin. My stews for the coming week is Cod fish and wild salmon wink. Next week Snappers and Wild salmon.

Akposy:

Oooo. No problem. Tanx
tchidi
dont mind me oooo....i asked cos most pple in d states always post about salmon.
Armyofone.
The fish get level oooo....... Its too expensive joor..... Which lab? Science lab or kitchen lab
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:30pm On Oct 03, 2015
armyofone:
Yes, wild salmon get real level.
The farmed is more commonly eaten cuz wild is way expensive. Real lab grin alchemy labs same kind of place they invented energy drinks like Red Bull and Monster grin
I will be going with my army friends for mackerel fishing grin. My stews for the coming week is Cod fish and wild salmon wink. Next week Snappers and Wild salmon.

am lost...enjoy ur wild salmon and package some down 4 me
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hothead(m): 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
cococandy:
Coconut milk curry on fettuccini, salmon and fried plantain.

The Salmon looks so nice! Yum yum

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hothead(m): 11:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
I get you. It's really not that difficult and they are loads of models to work with just as it is with every venture.

If I was to engage in trading food inter state, I would form a team and delegate duties. I live in Abuja so I can source for the products from the north and get the products transported, another team member or two would be incharge of sales and deal sourcing down south.

It would be more profitable when move more products but then looking for storage might become necessary.

Oh well!

Roland17:

The first rule to being a successful entrepreneur is to avoid making challenges seems more complicated than they really are especially if you have never attempted it and like I said earlier a very simple market survey would answer your questions and more.

If you are resident in the north where these food crops are produced I would advise you take a trip to Lagos or any populated urban center in the west where demand is quite high but supply is low, visit their popular produce markets, watch and speak with the traders who buy in bulk, ask how much they are buying their produce and inspect the quality of their produce compared to what is available in the north if you can ( again that is if you are resident in the north) this would give you an idea of pricing which is usually the magic if complimented with quality produce, ask if they would be willing to do business with you if you supplied quality food produce.

Traveling is an integral aspect of this business, to limit risks it's advisable to start small, even if it means gathering 5 big baskets of tomatoes and pepper or onions or whichever you chose, if you own a truck and can drive, I believe that would help you save but if you can't, work with someone or a company that transports goods from the source to where ever you want, information and communication is very key to the sustainance and advancement of any entrepreneurial pursuit.

Storage is another relevant aspect that can not be overemphasized, again it's all about information and communication, find out how others are doing theirs, don't be afraid to try out your own ideas depending on the food crop you decide to trade.

Research and research..this writeup is a personal opinion based purely on academic knowledge and practice in a different sphere of professional management (not agricultural) and extensive experience helping with my moms poultry prior to immigrating to the US.

Never allow the fear of failure prevent you from trying..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kraspsberr: 12:38am On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Pronmix(m): 12:49am On Oct 04, 2015
ayyoshert:
Seafood sauce- crab, octopus, big prawn and fish all dry, taste so good.
The "shark" from Badagry have arrived?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 7:36am On Oct 04, 2015
Chillis:

grin cheesy now this is funny.

Meanwhile all of una Don turn silent followers by force.
Where herzumpther e friends . Dem don hide?
Kimoni
Edwife
Idowuogbo
Akposy
EfemenaXY
Tchidi
Ikov

Even the ones she teach okpukpo agidi.
And how to wrap agidi leaves.

Just small 2014 picture she upload.una Don denial her.

Abeg make una leave herzumpther for me.
kiss

See accusations. You sef too like wahala.

I unfollowed this thread ages ago, so dunno what's been happening on here & couldn't care less either.

Backbiting / backstabbing / "exposing" ain't my thing. So y'all should leave me 'n my mentions out of it.

Tenks!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2015
Akposy:

Longest tyme ma!!!! Good evening....i wld nid ur help soon.

Whr is EfemenaXY and Kimoni et all

On the other thread.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:40am On Oct 04, 2015
kraspsberr:

1. During lunch, how much do you spend on your meal on the average per day?
less than 300

2. When buying meals, do you choose cheaper price over high quality?

I am indifferent about this

3. Do you like your meals delivered to you?

No, I'd rather cook my meals

4. How often do you eat out?
Rarely(Snacks)

5. How often do you order meals online?

Rarely

6. Where do you often buy ready to eat meals from?
Buka
Fastfood

7. What is the name of your favorite eatery?
KFC....but i have never been dere
8. I am
A single guy

9. I am
18 - 25 years old

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:55am On Oct 04, 2015
Rice and beans with stew, friedplantain with small chunk of chicken........ Yesterday lunch

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ksslib(m): 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
kraspsberr:
What do you guys think on these questions? Please your responses are important for my project. Thanks.

less than 300 naira

more than 300 naira but less than 500 naira

more than 500 naira but less than 1,000 naira

more than 1000 naira

Which one be all dis 300naira,500naira, 1000naira I just dey see there so? Shey bread, groundnut &pure water no be food? The three sef no reach 100naira. Plus no be lunch we dey call am--- na afternoon food.

kraspsberr post: 2. When buying meals, do you choose cheaper price over high quality?
Well, it depends on man state of mind at that time & if man pocket carry belle. If pepper rest well, na quality over price but if pocket dry, and the hunger Ph level don dey cross danger zone, omoh as much as 5naira can buy will do. Afterall, just one meal doesn't make the difference... plus , belle no be show glass wink

kraspsberr:
No nau.. As you dey pay, Iya kpalasa dey serve you nau.

kraspsberr:
For now, maybe twice in 2 months and thats because I have enough free time to prepare whatever poison I feel like eating in the kitchen. But when things get back to normal, lets say three to four times a week.

kraspsberr:
Even jumia and konga sef, I never finish trust them with delivering gadgets without several complains, na food I go come order online. Abeg, I never ready to chop refurbished rice and fairly cooked beans.

kraspsberr:
Na buka win am oh. Its cheap and you get right to break bone lick plate join sef and pple go dey hail you. Unlike those fancy joint wey dem fit call police arrest you . Plus You go see Iya kpalasa girls as dem dey prepare the food sef. No be like those effizy fast food joints wey idowu fit behind closed doors, scratch nyash still use the hand mould semo then use one thick long armpit hair tie am inside leather.. Abeg, I no fit.

kraspsberr:
Na Buka we dey call am. Or joint.

kraspsberr:
8. I am
Single, but currently in a serious relationship with God!

kraspsberr:
9. I am

18 - 25 years old

Good luck with your project.

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iykebest1(m): 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2015
MarvellousGod:
So I tried washing my beans for moi moi using a blender and it was wonderful. . Wonder why I never found out earlier. ..

Please, is there a way I can extract oil from my banga without using mortar or hand?.. Thanks..
lol. Things made easy.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kraspsberr: 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kraspsberr: 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ayyoshert: 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
Pronmix:
The "shark" from Badagry have arrived?
yes and some have landed inside egusi and the skin looks like ponmo , some fish flesh can actually have meat texture.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Pronmix(m): 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
ayyoshert:
yes and some have landed inside egusi and the skin looks like ponmo , some fish flesh can actually have meat texture.
Nice, am not a fan of sea foods, unless the fish would be fried or smoked I won't eat it.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by uniklinkum(m): 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
Long time peeps so busy with work of late. Somebody just dash me the stuffs please I need the best ways to send them to the pots and finally my bowels. Will appreciate a good and tested recipe.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by meyri: 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
uniklinkum:
Long time peeps so busy with work of late. Somebody just dash me the stuffs please I need the best ways to send them to the pots and finally my bowels. Will appreciate a good and tested recipe.

What's in the picture?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by meyri: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
Finishing leftovers. Okro, egusi, and stew.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iykebest1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
kraspsberr:
What do you guys think on these questions? Please your responses are important for my project. Thanks.

less than 300 naira

more than 300 naira but less than 500 naira

more than 500 naira but less than 1,000 naira

more than 1000 naira

2. When buying meals, do you choose cheaper price over high quality?

I am more concerned about the price of the food than the quality

I am more concerned about quality and would pay more for that

I am indifferent about this

Other (please specify)

Yes, I am usually busy and would prefer to have my meals delivered

No, I like to go out to buy my food

No, I'd rather cook my meals

Other (please specify)

Everyday

More than once a week

Weekly

More than once a month

Monthly

Rarely

Daily

More than once a week

Weekly

More than once a month

Monthly

Rarely

Buka

Fastfood

Restaurant

Other (please specify)

8. I am

A single lady

A married woman

A single guy

A married man

9. I am

18 - 25 years old

26 - 30 years old

31 - 35 years old

36 - 40 years old

over 40 years old

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
See mixing grin

meyri:
Finishing leftovers. Okro, egusi, and stew.

I like egusi and stew or ogbono and okra.

But you tried wink was it eba or iyan you ate w/ your soup?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by baby4u2(f): 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
On Daniel fast in October. Tofu and mix peppers with broccOlli, brown rice jollof and mix veggies, Boli, boiled plantain and efo with canola oil.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queen47: 11:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
Sweet potatoes, fish and egg sauce.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by meyri: 6:16am On Oct 05, 2015
armyofone:
See mixing grin

I like egusi and stew or ogbono and okra.

But you tried wink was it eba or iyan you ate w/ your soup?

Eba and semo.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 05, 2015
zaynie:
Thanks @ MarvellousGod
You're welcome. ..

thelish:

thelish:

Scroll up a bit, you would see it.. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 05, 2015
iykebest1:
lol. Things made easy.
Yeah, domestic chores get easier. . I really wish I can find a way to wash my banga without pounding et al.. have searched Google with no result..

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (3466) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: radautoworks, amyty(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.