Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5730031 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (3475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funstufz: 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2018
Sorry o, I no sabi this cookery stuffzzzzzzzz, but

ARE THOSE TOMATO LEAVES?

chasers:
Sunday vibe.

First two photo =Lunch

Last Photo =Dinner
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pemiakd: 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

Are you sure this is the only meal you had for breakfast? shocked

No...."Behind the scene" wink
grin

That's all I ate. I no be FFO cheesy grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pemiakd: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2018
Getting ready

21 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2018
pemiakd:
Getting ready

You and jummiefoodie no go kee person for this thread. Dope cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ffo(m): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
pemiakd:

That's all I ate. I no be FFO cheesy grin grin

you are not, i am
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2018
I bake home made bread a lot. Decided to post pics of vegan bread i made yesterday. It was sooo good. Tad bit sweet for my tooth tho.

Vegan butterscotch banana nut bars or bread depending on consistency.

Vegan cause no butter, egg or milk.

1 cup Wheat flour, brown sugar, 1tsp baking powder, soda, 1/2tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/2 cup walnut(pecan, almonds),apple sauce, raisins.

Mix and combine properly. Sprinkle butterscotch. Bake for 35 mins.

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2018
.......after 35/45 mins:

Enjoy a plate of quinoa salad + pollock fish and dessert of vegan banana bar. Yum!!

Quinoa salad has: quinoa, wheat, corn, peas, black bean, green and red ball peppers. Sprinkled with walnuts and rasperry vignerette salad dressing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pemiakd: 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2018
GoTV:

You and jummiefoodie no go kee person for this thread. Dope cool

We wouldn't by his grace
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by symbianDON(m): 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2018
lunch: white rice, coconut curry chicken soup with veggies, liver and onion sauce with fried plantain....yummy!

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by soberdrunk(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2018
pemiakd:
Getting ready

Heeeyyyyyyy Gaaaaaaaawwwwwwwdddddd!!!!!! See that kkkkkkkkpppppppooooommmmoooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Keeee me!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
funstufz:
Sorry o, I no sabi this cookery stuffzzzzzzzz, but

ARE THOSE TOMATO LEAVES?

Not tomatoes leaves, that leave is called Rocket Salad, also known as [ARUGULA].
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Daisy17: 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
soberdrunk:

Heeeyyyyyyy Gaaaaaaaawwwwwwwdddddd!!!!!! See that kkkkkkkkpppppppooooommmmoooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Keeee me!!!!

Lol. You are more drunk than sober

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by nneejima(f): 12:49am On Jun 28, 2018
Liftedhands:
Eba and veggie soup.
excuse me Ma'am, am coming to ur house right now

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 12:51am On Jun 28, 2018
soberdrunk:

Heeeeeyyyyyy gaaaaawwwwwwddddd!!!! Kuku keee me!!!! Just Kee me!!! See the love of my life!! Sometimes people see me with a serious face and jump to the conclusion that i am pondering on National issues but i am simply thinking why Egusi is so delicious........ angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin
God forbid that I kee you... grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2018
pemiakd:
Outdoor things. Jollof rice
Na party rice?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dcolumbus001: 7:46am On Jun 28, 2018
pemiakd:
Breakfast
haba.. just tell me you hate me instead of giving me this for breakfast

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Shakushaku1(m): 8:15am On Jun 28, 2018
LordsBattleAxe:
Abacha loading grin

Pray teach
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pemiakd: 8:31am On Jun 28, 2018
dcolumbus001:
haba.. just tell me you hate me instead of giving me this for breakfast

U didn't tell me now cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by flyca: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2018
Lunch at work

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pemiakd: 8:58am On Jun 28, 2018
Breakfast

13 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sod09(m): 9:37am On Jun 28, 2018
symbianDON:
lunch: white rice, coconut curry chicken soup with veggies, liver and onion sauce with fried plantain....yummy!
abeg how do you make the curry soup,they taught me for school i refused to learn embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dcolumbus001: 9:59am On Jun 28, 2018
pemiakd:

U didn't tell me now cheesy cheesy
tongue let the breakfast be plenty like that outdoor jollof rice
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by symbianDON(m): 10:39am On Jun 28, 2018
sod09:
abeg how do you make the curry soup,they taught me for school i refused to learn embarassed
it's quite simple....plus you can vary it to suit your fancy.....lol
here goes my own method:

whole chicken, cleaned and cut up
2 medium sized onions
1 clove garlic (more if you love garlic like me)
1 cooking spoonful of vegetable oil
3 cubes of your preferred seasoning cubes (I prefer knorr chicken)
1 medium sized coconut
2 large green peppers
2 large bell pepper
1 satchet tomato puree
curry powder
dried thyme
4 carrots
green peas
3 medium sized irish potatoes (this will serve as thickening agent in the soup)
1 small cabbage
tumeric powder
salt

making your coconut milk:
unshell the cocnut and dice into small pieces. wash and then place in your blender with enough water to cover the coconut or even more. blend until very smooth. use a strainer to extract the milk from the paste. tip: the more water you add, the more milk you get. set the extract aside.

place your chicken parts in a clean pot, crush in 2 seasoning cubes, varying quantities of salt, curry, thyme and tumeric. mix thoroughly with your hand, cover and allow to marinate for 30minutes. you can use that time to cut up the carrots, green peppers, bell peppers, cabbage, green peas, irish potatoes, onions and garlic into tiny bits. afterwards, cook your chicken with some water, onions, garlic (DON'T USE ALL THE ONIONS AND GARLIC) until quite tender. de-bone the chicken breast and back and then shred the cooked flesh into bits. set aside.
place the vegetable oil in a clean frying pan and heat. add some onions and garlic (DON'T USE ALL). stir fry for a minute and then add the shredded chicken. stir fry until the contents brown over. tip: fry on low heat to avoid charring.
set another pot on fire (medium heat) and pour in your coconut milk (use your discretion for the quantity). Pour in the remaining onions and garlic, cabbage, green peas, carrots, potatoes, green and bell peppers and stir in your tomato paste. add in the remaing seasoning cube, 2 tablespoons of curry powder, and adjust the saltiness according to your taste by adding salt. cover and let it cook for 5minutes. add in the stir fried shredded chicken, onions and garlic and the remaining cooked chicken parts. turn heat to low and allow to simmer for averagely 10 minutes or thereabouts.
your soup is done! bon appetit.

3 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sod09(m): 10:42am On Jun 28, 2018
symbianDON:

it's quite simple....plus you can vary it to suit your fancy.....lol
here goes my own method:

whole chicken, cleaned and cut up
2 medium sized onions
1 clove garlic (more if you love garlic like me)
1 cooking spoonful of vegetable oil
3 cubes of your preferred seasoning cubes (I prefer knorr chicken)
1 medium sized coconut
2 large green peppers
2 large bell pepper
1 satchet tomato puree
curry powder
dried thyme
4 carrots
3 medium sized irish potatoes (this will serve as thickening agent in the soup)
1 small cabbage
tumeric powder
salt

making your coconut milk:
unshell the cocnut and dice into small pieces. wash and then place in your blender with enough water to cover the coconut or even more. blend until very smooth. use a strainer to extract the milk from the paste. tip: the more water you add, the more milk you get. set the extract aside.

place your chicken parts in a clean pot, crush in 2 seasoning cubes, varying quantities of salt, curry, thyme and tumeric. mix thoroughly with your hand, cover and allow to marinate for 30minutes. you can use that time to cut up the carrots, green peppers, bell peppers, cabbage, irish potatoes, onions and garlic into tiny bits. afterwards, cook your chicken with some water, onions, garlic (DON'T USE ALL THE ONIONS AND GARLIC) until quite tender. de-bone the chicken breast and back and then shred the cooked flesh into bits. set aside.
place the vegetable oil in a clean frying pan and heat. add some onions and garlic (DON'T USE ALL). stir fry for a minute and then add the shredded chicken. stir fry until the contents brown over. tip: fry on low heat to avoid charring.
set another pot on fire (medium heat) and pour in your coconut milk (use your discretion for the quantity). Pour in the remaining onions and garlic, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, green and bell peppers and stir in your tomato paste. add in the remaing seasoning cube, 2 tablespoons of curry powder, and adjust the saltiness according to your taste by adding salt. cover and let it cook for 5minutes. add in the stir fried shredded chicken, onions and garlic and the remaining cooked chicken parts. turn heat to low and allow to simmer for averagely 10 minutes or thereabouts.
your soup is done! bon appetit.
thanks bro
we added apple during my stay in school
is it applicable to your method
also can i use flour instead of potato
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by symbianDON(m): 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2018
sod09:
thanks bro
we added apple during my stay in school
is it applicable to your method
also can i use flour instead of potato
yes of course!! you can use flour. it will interesting to add apples. I will be trying that our pretty soon. thanks for the idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Divay22(f): 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
dopeJemi:
I should have remembered not to use white garri, it is the worst angry
I'll do this on Sunday..
But he fine for face na grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pemiakd: 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
dcolumbus001:
tongue let the breakfast be plenty like that outdoor jollof rice

OK noted
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pemiakd: 7:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
Results frm a school pratical today in Ibadan, Oyo State.

I love the students

18 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chaarly(m): 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
pemiakd:
Results frm a school pratical in Ibadan, Oyo State.

I love the students

niceeee!!
i jst remembered my Home Management cooking practical da year. Me and my partner cawwied first smiley

ps. there was no andriod phone at the time. . no pics sad
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MikkaellaMimi(f): 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Xiadnat:
I bake home made bread a lot. Decided to post pics of vegan bread i made yesterday. It was sooo good. Tad bit sweet for my tooth tho.

Vegan butterscotch banana nut bars or bread depending on consistency.

Vegan cause no butter, egg or milk.

1 cup Wheat flour, brown sugar, 1tsp baking powder, soda, 1/2tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/2 cup walnut(pecan, almonds),apple sauce, raisins.

Mix and combine properly. Sprinkle butterscotch. Bake for 35 mins.

It looks great. Could you post a photo of a ready to eat bread after it´s been baked? I would appreciate that. I can recommend a cold brew with almond milk https://cancancleanse.com/index.php/nut-milks/cold-brew-coffee/, it is vegan, too. It is refreshing on hot summer days and you can sweeten it with a maple or any other syrop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 7:34am On Jun 29, 2018
Street food

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 7:35am On Jun 29, 2018
A bit of everything

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (3475) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Gharnew112(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.