Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:48 PM

The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry (8387 Views)

Being An Opposition Party, Not Licence To Abuse Buhari, APC Tells PDP / Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? / What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 1:24am On Dec 05, 2012
I get the feeling that Nigerian sentiment is the way it is because the opposition controls the media, and being more progressive minded than the PDP, controls new forms of media pretaining to the internet (I personally know PDP's party line up in my state and non of these men are tech savvy enough to operate a smart phone talkless of understand the internet).

If you look at the internet, the nigerian personalities that are most savvy at using it
El Rufai
Utomi
Ribadu
etc.

PDP's 'old school' line up has been completely taken by storm.

The reason I want to point this out is because I'm coming to see the Nigeria's media is now dominated by the opposition and this is why it's so incredibly negative. The media is one sided and is on a mission to defame the presidency, as is their role in democratic partisan politics. This is why the governors you see and hear about in the media

Oshiomole
Fashola
Mimiko
Amosun
Ajimobi
Rochas
Peter Obi

are all opposition men. they are called the progressives and their every move is highlighted to make the other PDP governors not look like their working. The impression is that these are the mend that are constantly and actively building their states up. Therefore people such as

Chime Sullivan
Imoke
Amaechi
Sule Lamido
Godswill Akpabio

and various performing PDP administrators are completely left out of the news. It's even more interested that out of the ones i've listed, the ACN governors, by far, get the most positive media attention. No opposition governor has done for their state what Akpabio and Amaechi have done for their own.
I'm not a PDP guy but it's a pattern i've noticed and i want people to steer clear of partisan deception when reading nigerian media and think with an independant mind. I too believe the PDP has failed this country,but i'm not going to pretend that there's nobody in PDP doing their job because that's not the truth as the media is trying to portray.

9 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by truthseeker9ja: 1:47am On Dec 05, 2012
keep deluding yourself.try experiment with your family,day one,come home on new year day with 1.2 billion naira jet and tell your wife and children to contribute money for fuel in the spirit of sacrifice.next day,use the funds meant for your children's school fees to build a hall for hosting your parties and tell your children that henceforth they will be paying you house rent for staying in their father's house and on the 3rd day,use the whole family savings to feed yourself then ask your wife and children to pray and fast that you will succeed in life .Repeat it for 24 months like jonathan and publish the result in a journal.At the end of your experiment see if you will remain popular in your family. undecided undecided A bad product(jonathan and pdp,no matter the advert,will not sell.

48 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 1:53am On Dec 05, 2012
what are you talking about?
I think you assumed that I'm saying the opposition dominating the media is a bad thing, or that PDP is good and deserves praise?
I'm simply saying that praise is sent in a lobsided fashion where opposition is overtly praised and PDP governors that perform aren't mentioned. What was the last article you saw about something being built in Awka Ibom? because the level of building happening there is unrivaled in nigeria but it still falls to silent ears because of our agenda driven media.
they want to create a situation where 'good news' only comes out of opposition states.

2 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:55am On Dec 05, 2012
I believe everyone be it Governor,President or Ordinary shoe maker on the street have the right to use internet to their benefit,so far they are smart enough to use it.

From your message above How do you expect PDP Governors to list their achievements when we already know what they have acheieved.

PDP GOVERNORS= BUYING JETS WITH STATE FUNDS......

Is there any role model in PDP?

I strongly doubt it.

3 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:58am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo: I get the feeling that Nigerian sentiment is the way it is because the opposition controls the media, and being more progressive minded than the PDP, controls new forms of media pretaining to the internet (I personally know PDP's party line up in my state and non of these men are tech savvy enough to operate a smart phone talkless of understand the internet).

If you look at the internet, the nigerian personalities that are most savvy at using it
El Rufai
Utomi
Ribadu
etc.

PDP's 'old school' line up has been completely taken by storm.

The reason I want to point this out is because I'm coming to see the Nigeria's media is now dominated by the opposition and this is why it's so incredibly negative. The media is one sided and is on a mission to defame the presidency, as is their role in democratic partisan politics. This is why the governors you see and hear about in the media

Oshiomole
Fashola
Mimiko
Amosun
Ajimobi
Rochas
Peter Obi

are all opposition men. they are called the progressives and their every move is highlighted to make the other PDP governors not look like their working. The impression is that these are the mend that are constantly and actively building their states up. Therefore people such as

Chime Sullivan
Imoke
Amaechi
Sule Lamido
Godswill Akpabio

and various performing PDP administrators are completely left out of the news. It's even more interested that out of the ones i've listed, the ACN governors, by far, get the most positive media attention. No opposition governor has done for their state what Akpabio and Amaechi have done for their own.
I'm not a PDP guy but it's a pattern i've noticed and i want people to steer clear of partisan deception when reading nigerian media and think with an independant mind. I too believe the PDP has failed this country,but i'm not going to pretend that there's nobody in PDP doing their job because that's not the truth as the media is trying to portray.

How much were you paid to write this?

10 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by lafuria1(m): 1:59am On Dec 05, 2012
no one stops the ruling party to dominate the media industry, and beside we all saw how they use that to their advantage during the elections. non stop campaingn. no one stops the ruling party from using twitter but we all knowing that defending this govt policies is for heartless people. how do u defend 2bn naira banquet hall, subsidy theieves are smiling, the benefit of removing subsidy etc. ask ur self why is abati not active on twitter, he cant withstand the heat. if this govt was doing the right thing, it is the masses that will defend them. i dont need el rufai or whoever to tell me this govt isnt working.

and by the way is NTA off the air? has thisday stoped publishing?

what has PDP acheived in nigeria to make them worth mentioning? for 12years the economy of the north is non exitant governed by pdp governors and expect pple to praise them? i dont get. look the ACN guys arent saint and also have their problemss but far beta than pdp......i don talk to much..

7 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 2:06am On Dec 05, 2012
Am I asking anyone to defend government policies?
I'm simply asking why infrustructural development from Akwa Ibom

which has the best infrustructure in Nigeria argueably next to Abuja, goes unmentioned.
I want people to realize that it's all politics as well. I'm not saying PDP is good or thing government is the best but the opposition is a part of the government as well.

6 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by truthseeker9ja: 2:09am On Dec 05, 2012
since you dont get it,the wicked,uninspiring failure called Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is the standard bearer of PDP.His failure is the liability of these 'garrison' pdp governors.If only GEJ wasnt a failure,maybe people would always look out for what they are cooking.remember when Atiku said,when the head(GEJ) of the fish is rotten,the whole(Amaechi,Akpabio,Lamido et al who as a matter of fact came from very poor background and suddenly became private Jet-lovers ) fish is bad.No serious newspaper that peddles falsehood and propaganda will survive,especially in the southwest which is the base of nigerian media.the media learnt their lesson during the june 12 struggle.

pls,dont forget the experiment,it will certainly cure you of any doubt.

9 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by SisiKill1: 2:12am On Dec 05, 2012
What is stopping the "tech unsavvy" governors and politicians from learning?

Abi have they chopped up their fingers? Exchanged their brains for cotton candy?

This is exactly the kinda mentality destroying that country. . .People's unwillingness to learn and move with the times.

If my 85yrs old grandma who didn't get past primary 5 can learn how to send texts, those idiots have no excuse.

So if by opposition, you mean Opposition to illiteracy, backwardness and obstinacy. . .then yeah, you are absolutely right the media has been dominated.

1 Like

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by vislabraye(m): 2:16am On Dec 05, 2012
I can never support PDP for any thing but that's not to say that the oppostion party is better.
El Ruffai who's always on twitter looks for the slightest opportunity to lash at PDP. But don't 4get he use to be one of them.
Like the poster has said, AC N uses the media better than PDP but I won't be fooled by them.
I remember the fuel protest on January. Fashola was so happy that he even provided free ambulance. He also criticized the government. But he was the same person who used tear gas and police to beat protesters of the toll gate. That toll gate is a big fraud. Not to talk about the ban of Okada.

As for El Ruffai, he keeps whining on twitter seeking the sentiments of the youths.

I'm not supporting the PDP but the oppositions have not proved to be better.

7 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 2:20am On Dec 05, 2012
lol your 'experiment' is funny and your point is a great one. PDP is making people guilty by association.
If we maintain this mentality you'll come to see a very negative depressed populace come out as a result and it has already happened.
For example, how do you know GEJ has done nothing? Because of the what the media tells you, and no matter what the media will tell you GEJ is destroying the nation.

Even look at the subsidy protests, the media was 100% one-sided, now Ribadu comes out with a report saying exactly with Okonjo Iweala was saying about the subsidy being a corrupt gate for wealth used by middle men that take advantage of it. Suddenly Ribadu is a hero who's plight is unheard by GEJ because GEJ isn't attacking the people he accused of corruption and the media is on Ribadu's side. But when GEJ and Iweala were saying that the entire corrupt system needs to be eliminated they were the enemy and the nigerian media mobilized diligently.

So how do you know GEJ is doing nothing? If i asked your worst enemy what have you achieved this year your worst enemy will spin it to make you look like a problem or a failure even if you saved the world it's self. Do you even wonder why there is no good news that comes out of the north or even Abuja? because it's a PDP stronghold and no matter that they do they will never get credit. Same with SE governors that are in the PDP like Sullivan and Amaechi.

forget that Amaechi has a private jet, he also demolished every substandard school in his state and rebuilt them all to a british standard. but what did you hear about? the private jet. why? hidden agenda.

5 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 2:28am On Dec 05, 2012
vislabraye: I can never support PDP for any thing but that's not to say that the oppostion party is better.
El Ruffai who's always on twitter looks for the slightest opportunity to lash at PDP. But don't 4get he use to be one of them.
Like the poster has said, AC N uses the media better than PDP but I won't be fooled by them.
I remember the fuel protest on January. Fashola was so happy that he even provided free ambulance. He also criticized the government. But he was the same person who used tear gas and police to beat protesters of the toll gate. That toll gate is a big fraud. Not to talk about the ban of Okada.

As for El Ruffai, he keeps whining on twitter seeking the sentiments of the youths.

I'm not supporting the PDP but the oppositions have not proved to be better.
exactly.
the subsidy protest was the fakest most tribalistic bias the media and opposition had ever spun up and is proof that they're hypocrites.
that same subsidy they were fighting to keep they are now on ribadu's side when ribadu comes out and says it's corrupt.
Look at El Rufai who was stealing hand in hand with Obasanjo now trying to act like the voice of the opposition simply because Yar adua forced him out of PDP.

Imoke is an excellent governor and has really rebranded his state and made in the tourism giant of nigeria. Nobody hears about it.
Uyo as fine a city as Abuja, minus size and scope but the quality is there, nobody hears about this
No ACN state is as organized, clean, and developed as a whole as Enugu, no noise
Jigawa has gone from a pile of sand to a formidable force in progress, most people can't name the governor.

but the governor of Ogun wants to use human pheces as cooking oil and it's been headline news for the past 2 days.

3 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:29am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo: Am I asking anyone to defend government policies?
I'm simply asking why infrustructural development from Akwa Ibom

which has the best infrustructure in Nigeria argueably next to Abuja, goes unmentioned.
I want people to realize that it's all politics as well. I'm not saying PDP is good or thing government is the best but the opposition is a part of the government as well.

What fraction of state citizen are enjoying those pics you posted there?

Isnt that same road leads to Governor Office ............. and you call that developement.

FYI Developing states are state where people are enjoying basic need of life.

3 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Olalekan0(m): 2:30am On Dec 05, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: I believe everyone be it Governor,President or Ordinary shoe maker on the street have the right to use internet to their benefit,so far they are smart enough to use it.

From your message above How do you expect PDP Governors to list their achievements when we already know what they have acheieved.

PDP GOVERNORS= BUYING JETS WITH STATE FUNDS......

Is there any role model in PDP?

I strongly doubt it.
Fashola has a jet too

2 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 05, 2012
A good government needs no advertisement but it's extremely difficult to promote bad product. Even if all poor performing PDP governors take to social media, what would they be promoting?
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:32am On Dec 05, 2012
Olalekan 0: Fashola has a jet too

You bought it for him.....
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by vislabraye(m): 2:32am On Dec 05, 2012
^^^^^^
Then let them learn how to use the media. Propaganda is also allowed. Can't they see how Fashola is using it? Lagos is always on the news. Its all strategy.
I know the opposition is bad. Its just a pity that GEJ hasn't lived up to expectation. In fact he's facing so many battles. Oppostion parties, Nothern elites, and in house which also includes OBJ. I 4got to mention BH and Corruption.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:33am On Dec 05, 2012
Prof Corruption: A good government needs no advertisement but it's extremely difficult to promote bad product. Even if all poor performing PDP governors take to social media, [b]what would they be promoting? [/b]

Private Jet and Abuja mansion

Plus fat account in swiss bank
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by truthseeker9ja: 2:34am On Dec 05, 2012
@ ikengawo,the self-confessed Gov Chime apostle,you've got mail in https://www.nairaland.com/1122926/governor-sullivan-chime-could-dead

you dont know what people like you are doing to this country.Egyptians,just today,marched into their presidential palace to challenge an unpopular decision taken by Morsi.
You are a psycophant,I know how you cheered GEJ on during the period power supply was up even though we regularly reminded you and your fellow pdp goons that it was because the water level is high at that time and nothing significantly had been done in power,right now power supply is down to terrible level,gej has since sold the power plants to mostly questionable characters and just 2 days ago,2 turbines in egbin broke down completely,yet GEJ had spent billions on power.

1 Like

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Nobody: 2:36am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo:
exactly.
the subsidy protest was the fakest most tribalistic bias the media and opposition had ever spun up and is proof that they're hypocrites.
that same subsidy they were fighting to keep they are now on ribadu's side when ribadu comes out and says it's corrupt.
Look at El Rufai who was stealing hand in hand with Obasanjo now trying to act like the voice of the opposition simply because Yar adua forced him out of PDP.

Imoke is an excellent governor and has really rebranded his state and made in the tourism giant of nigeria. Nobody hears about it.
Uyo as fine a city as Abuja, minus size and scope but the quality is there, nobody hears about this
No ACN state is as organized, clean, and developed as a whole as Enugu, no noise
Jigawa has gone from a pile of sand to a formidable force in progress, most people can't name the governor.

but the governor of Ogun wants to use human pheces as cooking oil and it's been headline news for the past 2 days.
Do you know Akwa Ibom State is building the only city-wide underground drainage system in the country apart from Abuja, in Uyo? The state govt actually has a policy to eliminate ALL forms of open drainage.

1 Like

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 2:36am On Dec 05, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

What fraction of state are enjoying those pics you posted there?

i said it,you must be working for some looters that need cheap fame through nl.

Akwa Ibom's villages have tarred modern roads built on the american model.

Stop allowing yourself to be fooled.

Even Platue state is charging ahead, but you'll only hear about what the opposition wants you to hear about.

platue state

Jigawa

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:37am On Dec 05, 2012
truthseeker9ja: @ ikengawo,the self-confessed Gov Chime apostle,you've got mail in https://www.nairaland.com/1122926/governor-sullivan-chime-could-dead

I said it....he must be working for some looters looking for cheap fame.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 2:38am On Dec 05, 2012
ROSSIKE:
Do you know Akwa Ibom State is building the only city-wide underground drainage system in the country apart from Abuja, in Uyo? The state govt actually has a policy to eliminate ALL forms of open drainage.

I would have known if the media wasn't so bias!! LOL!

Uyo is easily the second best city in Nigeria and it happened in the span of one administration. Unfortunately for curious minds it was a PDP admin so no need to report it.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Nobody: 2:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo: lol your 'experiment' is funny and your point is a great one. PDP is making people guilty by association.
If we maintain this mentality you'll come to see a very negative depressed populace come out as a result and it has already happened.
For example, how do you know GEJ has done nothing? Because of the what the media tells you, and no matter what the media will tell you GEJ is destroying the nation.

Even look at the subsidy protests, the media was 100% one-sided, now Ribadu comes out with a report saying exactly with Okonjo Iweala was saying about the subsidy being a corrupt gate for wealth used by middle men that take advantage of it. Suddenly Ribadu is a hero who's plight is unheard by GEJ because GEJ isn't attacking the people he accused of corruption and the media is on Ribadu's side. But when GEJ and Iweala were saying that the entire corrupt system needs to be eliminated they were the enemy and the nigerian media mobilized diligently.

So how do you know GEJ is doing nothing? If i asked your worst enemy what have you achieved this year your worst enemy will spin it to make you look like a problem or a failure even if you saved the world it's self. Do you even wonder why there is no good news that comes out of the north or even Abuja? because it's a PDP stronghold and no matter that they do they will never get credit. Same with SE governors that are in the PDP like Sullivan and Amaechi.

forget that Amaechi has a private jet, he also demolished every substandard school in his state and rebuilt them all to a british standard. but what did you hear about? the private jet. why? hidden agenda.
Truth be told,as a Nigerian do you need any media or social network to tell you that GEJ(pdp) administration has failed this nation?

1 Like

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:39am On Dec 05, 2012
How does that road put food on the table of poor man?
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:41am On Dec 05, 2012
ROSSIKE:

How does that eliminate poverty in the region?

Basic needs of life should be the focus and not underground drainnage that will be blocked by poo and waste materials.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 2:42am On Dec 05, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: How does that road put food on the table of poor man?

Is it the governments responsibility to buy you food?
my friend go and use your hands like a decent man. The government is expected to give you roads. The government gives the the most functional and beautiful road imaginable and you start asking for food. lol.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:44am On Dec 05, 2012
Poor State citizen using camel while the State executives drive home in convoy.

Picture speak louder

Good road is not for the poor

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 2:47am On Dec 05, 2012
Loveangel: Truth be told,as a Nigerian do you need any media or social network to tell you that GEJ(pdp) administration has failed this nation?

the problem it causes is that even if nigeria was working, nigerians wouldn't know because you have a media dedicated to telling you nigeria is not working.
In fact how can you tell me that the country is not working? based on reports your getting from the government's enemy? The same opposition that are passing the same policies that GEJ is passing.
the media is lambasting GEJ because they're going to introduce federal toll roads again. Didn't Fashola bring back tolls as well?
the media is lambasting GEJ because of Boko Haram. Has ANC stopped open broad day murder and robbery on the Lagos Ibadan express way? has Oshiomole curbed prostitution and human trafficking?
the media is attacking GEJ because of police brutality, while LASTMA has been beating and abusing people in broad daylight and not a word is said in the media.

use your mind, those accusing me of being an agent to one party need to realize im free from the propoganda of niether while they think their holistic following of opposition propoganda is freedom of thought. you're just as bad as a pdp agent.

8 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 2:48am On Dec 05, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Poor State citizen using camel while the State executives drive home in convoy.

Picture speak louder

Good road is not for the poor

A state convey with cracked windows? can you ensure me that the person driving this car is a part of a state convey and not a citizen?
Do you know the cost of a camel? forget that the man is traditional, if he sold all of those camels he's walking with he could easily afford the crack windowed car you're calling a state convey.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ezyp(m): 2:52am On Dec 05, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:53am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo:

A state convey with cracked windows? can you ensure me that the person driving this car is a part of a state convey and not a citizen?
Do you know the cost of a camel? forget that the man is traditional, if he sold all of those camels he's walking with he could easily afford the crack windowed car you're calling a state convey.

You just crack my ribs now
grin grin grin grin grin

Next time make sure you refine yourself before coming here to start any issue.

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Beef: Kenyans Vs Nigerians (Photos) / Abacha Loot: Reps To Probe Recovery From 1998 To Date.. / Dogara’s Loyalists Negotiate For Leadership, Committee Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.