Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

The Culture Lounge - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Culture Lounge (210353 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage / Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Culture Lounge by VickyRotex(f): 2:04am On Jun 02, 2020
Omoluabi16:
oya close mouth angry na joke I dey.

I'd see if I can share more stuffs here tomorrow. Byebye. wink

Ahh better ooo! I was close to completing the online auction of our friendship, then I saw your mention. grin

No wahala. Eseun oluko! Good night! cool
Re: The Culture Lounge by superjack1986: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2020
Is this true? It's horrible
https://twitter.com/samzizzzle/status/1255647119811080193
odumchi:
This thread is for that time that you have a question but don't know who to ask; that time you have something you'd like to discuss but not sure with who; that time you just want to discuss anything and everything cultural with everyone.

cool
Re: The Culture Lounge by lesacote: 4:38am On Jun 13, 2020
Thank you for the interesting post. It is really great to discover such valuable information. Check us now!
https://www.dreamassignment.com/assignment-help-houston
Re: The Culture Lounge by godwinjessica: 12:46am On Jun 23, 2020
Hey Come and watch naija and ghana challange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyvWJ8TKKWg
dont foget subscribe like and share
Re: The Culture Lounge by powersquadkd: 4:12am On Jul 07, 2020
Re: The Culture Lounge by Cousin9999: 2:36am On Aug 01, 2020
I've heard Belize people say they're Caribbean, but it's only recently that I see they actually are: language, food, music, politics, etc.

It's actually strange not just because of their location, but also because they're not a predominantly black country. They're very culturally black though.

But anyway, big up Belize and the "murder mamis."
Re: The Culture Lounge by anucha20natasha: 7:13am On Aug 06, 2020
Hello good day. I am Natasha. There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: https://www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20ANU500
It's all free. It's for everyone
Re: The Culture Lounge by nnasman(m): 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
Is it bad to dance all kind of music?
Re: The Culture Lounge by lixingxing: 4:46am On Aug 13, 2020
The DOHMH collected deidentified remnant nasopharyngeal swab specimens from patients with ILS and no known virologic diagnosis evaluated at six sentinel EDs during March 1–20, 2020. Because of concern that SARS-CoV-2 could be introduced by travelers returning from China, where the outbreak originated, five EDs were selected because of their high use by patients residing in ZIP codes with ≥20% self-identified Chinese speakers.** Two EDs were in Manhattan, two in Queens, one in Brooklyn, and one in the Bronx. Refrigerated specimens were released to DOHMH 48 hours after collection, and frozen specimens were released 1 week after collection. Specimens collected during March 1–9 were from patients of all ages. Because little was known about pediatric SARS-CoV-2 infection, during March 10–20, DOHMH only collected specimens from patients aged <18 years.
Re: The Culture Lounge by Cypha6(m): 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
read this story, it will tell you why you must give
My neighbour who runs a restaurant down town, brought this young girl of about fifteen years, to stay with her. The first day I saw this girl, I was standing at my kitchen window. She looked nurtured and descent. From her dressing, and the way she looked, I could tell she had come from the village.
Every morning when she came outside to fetch water from the well, she will sing christian hymns in melodious tunes. Most of her songs where sang in her dialect or pidgin English.
She did this everyday before heading for the restaurant. I will stand at my kitchen window just to listen to her sing. Sometimes I joined her in singing.
She had never seen me before. This is because, she leaves for the restaurant in the mornings, and return back at night when I was already on my bed sleeping.
One morning, I had gone to buy kerosene from the fueling station, and was returning with some change in my hands, when I sighted her coming down. It was obvious she was heading for the restaurant as usual.
She greeted me and I responded. I was tempted to ask her of her name as she walked pass me. I turned back to look at her and coincidentally met her gaze. I quickly returned my gaze.
Just then, she called me.
"Uncle."
I stopped, and turned towards her. She approached me gesticulating with her hands.
"Please uncle, you fit borrow me hundred naira to buy bread. I dey very hungry."
Without asking questions, I pulled out two hundred naira from my change and handed to her. She thanked me and continued her walk.
An elderly mechanic man, who had been watching us from his workshop beckoned on me to come.
"You give her money?"
"Yes I did." I replied.
He told me that I wouldn't have given her. He said she has been secretly begging money from people.
"No body the give her money again. Shey na food she say she wan buy?"
I nodded.
"Ehen. No give her. Na like that she dey. I am yet to tell her aunty about it. The aunty needs to put an eye on her." He said.
I went home that day thinking. My thoughts wandered.
A Month later, I had attended a night vigil and was returning from church late at night, when I sighted her standing with a woman at the junction. I saw the woman reach for her purse and pull out some money, and handed over to her.
She thanked the woman too.
Well I didn't take it funny anymore. I doubled my steps, and approached her. When I held her by her shoulders, she shuddered. I asked why she was begging for money on the streets and she didn't reply me. I insisted and told her how people have noticed her actions, and were preparing to tell her Aunty about it.
She immediately knelt down and started begging me.
"No tell my Aunty sir. Please. No tell her."
https://x9jamedia..com/2020/08/giving-and-receiving-this-story-will.html
Re: The Culture Lounge by ebenezer880(m): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
Shawarma '& pizza @ur door step

Re: The Culture Lounge by ChideraStephen(f): 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
Re: The Culture Lounge by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 09, 2020
Re: The Culture Lounge by SisterFire(f): 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
Clericuzzio sorry u misunderstood me
Am a goddess right-hand who knew Yahweh as Satan , I was been sarcastic dear

1 Like

Re: The Culture Lounge by clericuzzio(m): 10:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
SisterFire:
Clericuzzio sorry u misunderstood me
Am a goddess right-hand who knew Yahweh as Satan , I was been sarcastic dear
Pls accept my apology for this

1 Like

Re: The Culture Lounge by SisterFire(f): 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
clericuzzio:

before I accept your apology tell me what you felt when I sent that message to you , be sincere !

And support the goddess there in deprogramming the already PROGRAMMED humans of yahweh the Satan

Reward: nature will be by ur side ( 2 ) air you breathe shall go against those who offend you but make sure you are truthful and full of justice grin now start talking
Re: The Culture Lounge by SisterFire(f): 10:56pm On Nov 23, 2020
clericuzzio:

now go n clean it
Re: The Culture Lounge by alawiiyeyoruba: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2020
We Yorubas love greeting each other, in fact it is a way of life for us, to learn more on the greeting system of Yorubas, read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/greeting-as-an-important-part-of-yoruba-culture/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Culture Lounge by Jamrock391: 6:23am On Dec 10, 2020
So apparently, I look like an Igbo man to some of my co workers. What do yall think?

Re: The Culture Lounge by Jamrock391: 6:31am On Dec 10, 2020
[img][/img] Ok, so I am African American but apparently most Nigerians i meet think im Lying lol. They say i look like an Igbo man. What do you all think? Heres my picture

1 Like

Re: The Culture Lounge by Ekealterego: 1:05am On Jan 15, 2021
Jamrock391:
[img][/img] Ok, so I am African American but apparently most Nigerians i meet think im Lying lol. They say i look like an Igbo man. What do you all think? Heres my picture
Well, one can tell where they are coming from ith that claim.
Re: The Culture Lounge by Diana78: 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
In need of African Cultural Dancers? Diana is available for the service of promoting African Culture through dance.

Diana was part of the dancers for Africa's Largest Cultural Event.

(To have Diana partake in your next international event, contact Diana on 08061388655)

Re: The Culture Lounge by kshash: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2021
Hi there,

I need some help pls. I’m looking for the meaning of the name: "Tariye" it is a Rivers name but I’m not sure of what tribe in River State.

Thank you in advance!
Re: The Culture Lounge by Dowellsafety: 6:42am On Mar 16, 2021
Dowell Safety, a reliable industrial PVC rain boots, and safety shoes manufacturer and exporter, concerning your safety since 2000
Re: The Culture Lounge by Opemopem15: 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
Re: The Culture Lounge by Jydenna: 4:16am On Apr 03, 2021
I like how this breaks down counting in Igbo......very intuitive for beginners
After watching thus you will know your numbers without shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2xWdmriF4g
Re: The Culture Lounge by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 11:35am On Apr 25, 2021
alawiiyeyoruba:
We Yorubas love greeting each other, in fact it is a way of life for us, to learn more on the greeting system of Yorubas, read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/greeting-as-an-important-part-of-yoruba-culture/

So true. My mum can greet people till kingdom come. She fit even go to peoples house just to greet them lol. I get tired of that sh*t.
Re: The Culture Lounge by CHIOMAEZEH: 11:43am On May 07, 2021
Re: The Culture Lounge by MYZOLE: 9:36pm On May 12, 2021
Re: The Culture Lounge by kimduhan2: 11:00am On Jun 03, 2021
I prefer to take a part in some online art events Soon I want to listen info about feminist art. Feminist Art’s initial aim was to create opportunities and spaces that previously did not exist for women and minority artists. Very interesting topic for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Black African Nobility Of Ancient Europe / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / Please, Teach Me Efik/ibibio (calabar/akwa-ibom) Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.