Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

The Culture Lounge - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Culture Lounge (210333 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage / Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Culture Lounge by tosinhtml: 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2021
Re: The Culture Lounge by UGBE634: 7:29am On Jun 28, 2021
odumchi:

Here are a few:
Ali Chukwuma (Delta) Osita Osadebe (Anambra) Eddie Okwedy (Delta) Morroco Maduka (Anambra) Paulson Kalu (Anambra) Oliver De Coque (Anambra) Victor Uwaifo (Delta) Celestine Ukwu (Delta)
Nwanna, tam mu echefuo, nwezie kwa krismasi nke oma.
Victor Uwaifo is a pristine Benin man haba

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Culture Lounge by yihaiwuya: 3:40am On Jul 02, 2021
contact
Re: The Culture Lounge by Marcy45marcy: 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hi
Re: The Culture Lounge by dagreatman50: 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
Re: The Culture Lounge by chatrooms: 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
Find out best chat rooms here: https://chatrooms.talkwithstranger.com/
Re: The Culture Lounge by vhisy126: 3:11am On Oct 07, 2021
文贵编大力神拯救阿难民鬼话,自我招谤

Re: The Culture Lounge by MRSAWEDOFF: 11:55am On Oct 16, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGeWAOklF-E

Outsiders have written many books and essays about Igbo and African religions.

A number of inaccurate and disparaging statements have been made in these publications. which has influenced many Igbo and Africans to adopt the same incorrect terminology and have the same beliefs.

Let us correct some of these inaccuracies.

African or Igbo religion is incorrectly referred to be ancestor worship.

This is incorrect because Africans do not revere their ancestors who have passed away.

It is true that long-dead relatives are said to live on and exhibit interest in their living relatives.

These families may demonstrate their faith by erecting shrines to the departed and leaving food or drink there or on their graves, as well as mentioning them in their prayers.

Also, once in a while, Igbo culture permits the celebration of Masquerade or mmanwu festivals, just like the one that happened in this video which took place in Agbgudu, Udi, Enugu state.

These expressions of reverence for the deceased, however, do not imply that they are being worshipped; rather, they demonstrate people's view that the departed of up to four or five generations should not be forgotten.

Acts of worship (such as sacrifices and prayers) are only a part of the African/Igbo religion.

A little element of a larger religious system cannot be considered whole.

Thus, it is incorrect to refer to the African/Igbo religion as "ancestor worship."
Re: The Culture Lounge by susanbuy(f): 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2021
I am just shocked that there are more than 500 languages in Nigeria, it is so amazing, because it turns out that Nigerians are real polyglots because everyone understands each other just fine. I am looking forward to my trip to your country))
Re: The Culture Lounge by Nlanalyst: 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
Oga Collegenews.

How you dey boss?
Please I need investment tips and I will be glad if you can add me to this your WhatsApp group. I have Almost 500k in my account and I have no idea what to do with it.
Please help a brother.
Just for your privacy sake you can just advise a brother on what business to do with this said amount.
Please don't ignore like you did in diary section . ..

Respect to you boss
Re: The Culture Lounge by Nlanalyst: 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nlanalyst:
Oga Collegenews.

How you dey boss?
Please I need investment tips and I will be glad if you can add me to this your WhatsApp group. I have Almost 500k in my account and I have no idea what to do with it.
Please help a brother.
Just for your privacy sake you can just advise a brother on what business to do with this said amount.
Please don't ignore like you did in diary section . ..

Respect to you boss
Cc
Collegenews.

Please boss
Re: The Culture Lounge by Collegenews: 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nlanalyst:

Cc
Collegenews.

Please boss
Bros, it's on your profile that your friend almost scammed you and here you are seeking opinion of someone you barely know on your finances.
Wake up bross, I don't have any tips for you and I don't have WhatsApp group too.
By the way, I didn't really ignore your mention, I only decided to not give you any go ahead to ask me whatever question. It's a thing of choice.
Gaurd your purse bros.
Peace.
Re: The Culture Lounge by Nlanalyst: 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2021
Collegenews:

Bros, it's on your profile that your friend almost scammed you and here you are seeking opinion of someone you barely know on your finances.
Wake up bross, I don't have any tips for you and I don't have WhatsApp group too.
By the way, I didn't really ignore your mention, I only decided to not give you any go ahead to ask me whatever question. It's a thing of choice.
Gaurd your purse bros.
Peace.

Thanks for your response boss.
Regarding my friend, it happened because I trusted him and saw him a a good friend not knowing he is an enemy. Now I have learnt my lessons. About trusting a stranger. I may not know you but I believe in you as I know people that know, have met you and have visited you. These people have shared enough to trust you and what you are doing with Eg is enough to judge. I know it doesn't change the fact that you are still a stranger but I am just telling you I can't just discuss this with just anybody.
Please my Boss, advise a brother.
Re: The Culture Lounge by muheeb01(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2021
I grew up listening to fuji musics and apala what about you
Re: The Culture Lounge by afobalola61: 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2022
amazing
Re: The Culture Lounge by MuhdGombi(m): 9:29am On Feb 03, 2022
Lagos Arewa Youth Organisation (LAYO) came into existence on the 19th of September, 2020 by it’s founding fathers where they met together to form a particular youth platform that has never been in existence as far as Arewa Youths are concerned in Lagos. LAYO plans to be the leading NGO representing the interest of Arewa people in south west, Nigeria and the world at large. Since Lagos Arewa Youth Organisation was founded, it has not been easy creating, formulating ideas and gathering great minds that will move LAYO forward. They say great minds think alike and the heart of an optimist can move a mountain and make all dreams come true no matter how impossible it is. This is the reason after naming the organization “Lagos Arewa Youth Organisation”, LAYO believed that it’s a place where nothing is impossible because of the great youths involved.
Read more about LAYO in the link below
https://gombiland.com/lagos-arewa-youth-organisation-layo/

odumchi:
This thread is for that time that you have a question but don't know who to ask; that time you have something you'd like to discuss but not sure with who; that time you just want to discuss anything and everything cultural with everyone.

cool
Re: The Culture Lounge by TA4TA4: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWrTJWTDT7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFf8lGZ3xvs

Please, I want to know if the hausa tribe have any Indigenous masquerade and what name its called... If possible, please post a picture or video link here.. Thank you
Re: The Culture Lounge by DavidRoll: 5:41am On Apr 02, 2022
Hi everyone! I really like to travel. I love getting to know the culture of different peoples. It is very important to preserve and increase the cultural potential of small peoples. In big cities the situation is much better than in small villages. Do you know any community that develops the cultural potential of small nations?
Re: The Culture Lounge by BestLife22(m): 11:41am On Apr 24, 2022
Saudi Arabia is not just an Islamic country like everyone thinks. There are a lot of majestic sights to explore in this beautiful city of Riyadh
Let's give you a tour of Riyadh in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK97jmN9t8o

Just take a look at the drift before and after iftar
Re: The Culture Lounge by kaaya149: 10:23am On May 26, 2022
Hey
This is very useful information. Thanks for sharing this.
Re: The Culture Lounge by Bozayo: 9:50am On Jun 03, 2022
odumchi:
This thread is for that time that you have a question but don't know who to ask; that time you have something you'd like to discuss but not sure with who; that time you just want to discuss anything and everything cultural with everyone.

cool
Is it normal for a single yoruba mother, to initiate and insist on a discussion with her adult son on the size of his penis?
Re: The Culture Lounge by AlvaroRios: 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
would like someone to indicate me readings about the history of Oduduwa, if anyone can help me, thank you!
Re: The Culture Lounge by Tayodotcom: 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
Is it all the eastern part that require high payment for ladies marital price
Re: The Culture Lounge by Procarpenter: 11:28am On Jul 28, 2022
Pls call or WhatsApp me for your roofing carpenter reliable and 100% warranty I work worldwide contact me through my signature below and install all kinds of roofing sheet call me I’m available for you all with 20% discount

Re: The Culture Lounge by hitblaz03: 2:18am On Aug 01, 2022
Asari Dokubo and his entourage heavily armed with military graded weapons walking freely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uvK9BwOT8k
Re: The Culture Lounge by f1dark(f): 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2022
I have a question regarding Igbo music.

What I've noticed is that in the Highlife era (60s to 80s) Anambra and Delta were the "hotbeds" of music in Igboland. However, nowadays, it seems to have shifted to Imo (Bongo).

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Black African Nobility Of Ancient Europe / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / Please, Teach Me Efik/ibibio (calabar/akwa-ibom) Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.