Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,033 members, 7,799,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home (12146 Views)

Namadi Sambo Hospitalized In US For Knee Surgery - Photo / Sule Lamido Leaves Nigeria, Hands Over To SSG Leaving N2billion Debt / Nigerians Blast Vice President Namadi Sambo On Twitter & Facebook [SCREENSHOTS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by razznaija(f): 5:56am On Dec 05, 2012
[img]http://1.bp..com/-f8sjOoNwOXI/UL67pUrux7I/AAAAAAABCxI/8-pCEvRR3mM/s400/....................000000.JPG[/img]

Our Vice President is getting a home worth N2 billion from the government of Nigeria. There's a N50bn budget for the Federal Capital Territory and N2bn, according to the FCT Minister Bala Mohammed, is going into the construction of the official residence of Vice President Namadi Sambo, while N300 million is for the construction of the official residences of Senate president David Mark and his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu; the Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal; and his deputy, Emeka Ihedioha.

From Lindaikeji..com

I am so da!mn frustrated with the Nigerian government, really? 2bn naira for a house are they f11cking serious?
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by malele(m): 6:18am On Dec 05, 2012
We are finished,come 2014 when almagamation expires anybody that is against 9ja division should be castrated.

4 Likes

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Royalty1(m): 6:42am On Dec 05, 2012
These guys must be joking. grin
But if this is real, then let's make a public appeal to whoever has scoped out their brains to kindly return same. embarassed

Imagine this coming when people are still shouting against the 2.2Bn to be used in constructing a hall at Asovilla.

I weep for Nigeria. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by naptu2: 6:46am On Dec 05, 2012
They've been planning to build this house since last year.

By the way, when David Mark and Tambuwal leave office, they will "buy" the houses that are currently being built and the government will need to build new houses for the next speaker and senate president.

1 Like

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by naptu2: 6:50am On Dec 05, 2012
naptu2: FEC approves N7.1bn contract for design & construction of a new official residence for Nigeria's VP

December 24, 2009

The Federal Executive Council has approved a N7.1 bn contract for the design and construction, by Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, of a new official residence for the vice-president of Nigeria. The new official residence is to be built in 20 months in the Presidential Villa in the Three Arms Zone, Abuja.

Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, addressed journalists and said “Council gave approval for the award of contract for the design and construction of the residence of the vice-president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the Three Arms Zone, Abuja, in favour of Messrs Julius Berger Plc. in the sum of N7,065,742.40, with 20 months as completion period.

“The vice-president currently resides at the Akinola Aguda House, within the precincts of the Presidential Villa, which is designed as a guest house for the President.”

The MinisterFederal Capital Territory, Adamu Aliero, explained that due to security considerations the contract was not awarded to Julius Berger through an open bidding process.

He said, “We did not advertise it for security reasons because you cannot subject the house of the number two man to public scrutiny. We did what we call selective bidding,” Julius Berger Nigeria Plc. was selected because of their experience in constructing the Presidential Villa and National Assembly complexes.”

Explaining why the building of a residence for the VP is considered a priority in Nigeria today despite the magnitude of problems facing the citizens of the country, the minister said “The vice-President is staying in a guest house meant for visiting heads of state.

“It is not right, it is not befitting for the vice-president. The former administration decided to give the house of the vice-president to the Chief Justice of Nigeria, which was in line with what was contained in the Abuja masterplan.

“It became imperative for us to provide accommodation for the vice-president. The vice-president has no accommodation; certainly you will agree with me that it is unbecoming for any government not to provide accommodation for its vice-president.

“It is unbecoming for the vice-president to stay in a guest house. We will now embark on the construction of a befitting residence for the vice-president.”

http://www.ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=8718

See more here https://www.nairaland.com/951565/aso-rock-belongs-nigerians...in-democracy

1 Like

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by kokoA(m): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2012
Waste of billions! This guy doesn't do anything at all. Instead of them to be thinking giving a constitutional role, no matter how small to the vice president, at leat let him work for his monthly pay, they are thinking of wasting our money on him and his family in the name of official residence! Smh.

1 Like

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Chanchit: 8:13am On Dec 05, 2012
How far..? I hope GEJ ha s built a n4b mansion for himself, since Sambo is getting a 2b mansion, and the calculation is wrong, Mark should get a 1b mansion instead of the 300m, while Ike get a 500m mansion, since na grade by grade.. Awon ele'ribu..!

1 Like

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2012
LOL <<< ONLY SENTIMENT I CAN MUSTER
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by salam001(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2012
What a country
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by etudaddy(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2012
shedding tears. lipsrsealed
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by playmode(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2012
I think i am going to come back home and set up a kidnapping syndicate to start kidnapping relatives of these assholes in Government. We Nigerians just sit back and look like mugus while these people just screw us like this.We deserve the type of leadership we get since we elected these people into office willingly.We are a country of epic morons who can not seem to do anything right.

Come next election we will be clamoring for the same people to return to power.I wish i was never born in this cursed nation of educated and uneducated idiots.We like bragging about how good we are at academics but what have we actually done with that knowledge Absolutely nothing! We Nigerians are a disgrace to the human race.10 years from now the situation will remain the same because as Nigerians we will never apply common sense and honesty when choosing our leaders.Our pockets always comes first to the detriment of our communities and our nation.

To make matters worse when someone who wants to make a real change comes out and start clamoring for real change we shout him down,laugh at him or just plain ignore him.It is as if we have being genetically engineered to be selfish,astonishingly stup*d ,corrupt ,dishonest ,criminal minded ,oppressive, arrogant,tribalistic,incompetent,deceptive,heartless,careless and regressive.Our people are just like mindless drones who just follow the tide even if it will drown them.If that fact alone does not depict how unintelligent we are as a people then i don't know what will.Welcome to Nigeria the country that enjoys suffering and smiling,the country were self injury is inflicted time and time again without any remorse or change of heart.

16 Likes

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Nurry: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2012
To think this is the same country that the populace cannot boast of 24hours light in a day. No good roads. No good health care. No good schools. A country where most pople cannot boast of 3 squared meal in a day. Hmm. In the 2billion naira house, How many spaces can Namadi occupy at a time?
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by ebamma3: 8:37am On Dec 05, 2012
WHAT A JOKE
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by niyivasaz(m): 8:37am On Dec 05, 2012
Chanchit: How far..? I hope GEJ ha s built a n4b mansion for himself, since Sambo is getting a 2b mansion, and the calculation is wrong, Mark should get a 1b mansion instead of the 300m, while Ike get a 500m mansion, since na grade by grade.. Awon ele'ribu..!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Robertomatteo: 8:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by drnoel: 8:39am On Dec 05, 2012
Well why vent frustration. Once his tenure is over is he going to carry the house to his village or would he vacate it for anoda person.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 05, 2012
This is absolutely ridiculous. I am flabbergasted that the FG had the effrontery and audacity to embark on such a megalomaniacal project. I join fellow NLanders in saying cabodo rejectamenta to d N2bn mansion.

GEJ's administration looks like it's on a mission to continually bewilder the people.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2012
playmode: I think i am going to come back home and set up a kidnapping syndicate to start kidnapping relatives of these assholes in Government. [s]We Nigerians just sit back and look like mugus while these people just screw us like this[/s].We deserve the type of leadership we get since we elected these people into office willingly.We are a country of epic morons who can not seem to do anything right.

Come next election we will be clamoring for the same people to return to power.I wish i was never born in this cursed nation of educated and uneducated idiots.We like bragging about how good we are at academics but what have we actually done with that knowledge Absolutely nothing! We Nigerians are a disgrace to the human race.10 years from now the situation will remain the same because as Nigerians we will never apply common sense and honesty when choosing our leaders.Our pockets always comes first to the detriment of our communities and our nation.

To make matters worse when someone who wants to make a real change comes out and start clamoring for real change we shout him down,laugh at him or just plain ignore him.It is as if we have being genetically engineered to be selfish,astonishingly stup*d ,corrupt ,dishonest ,criminal minded ,oppressive, arrogant,tribalistic,incompetent,deceptive,heartless,careless and regressive.Our people are just like mindless drones who just follow the tide even if it will drown them.If that fact alone does not depict how unintelligent we are as a people then i don't know what will.Welcome to Nigeria the country that enjoys suffering and smiling,the country were self injury is inflicted time and time again without any remorse or change of heart.
DIDNT YOU RUN TO SOUTH AFRICA ? YOU HAVE NO MOUTH TO TALK ABEG grin
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by boron10(m): 8:45am On Dec 05, 2012
I don't blame, i blame nigerians who voted that dumb asshole in the name of "i'm voting for the person not the party" do they think anything good could have come out of PDP I just hope we've learnt lesson from this. Let's endure the looting and hope the nation don't crash before the time we have the power to decide who would rule us next. Until then, let's fold our arms and watch them loot for we have no power whatsoever to do anything against it.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Teejayphillip(m): 8:49am On Dec 05, 2012
Dis wasteful n clueless government is at it again...

N2b house 4 dat retardeen dat call himsef Namadi saabo abi nah sambo...

E no dey collect salary n oda allowance? I don talk am,make dem kukuma spend d whole money finish,tis dia time...

2015 is around d corner,n I strongly believe dat sumday dey'll Vomit all Wat dey ave stolen...
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by omenziate(m): 8:54am On Dec 05, 2012
I no send again, make I enter there by hook or crook, na dat time money go hear am.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by crazygod(m): 8:55am On Dec 05, 2012
WTF!!! (Combing the house, looking for my 'pump action') I'm starting a revolution. Someone must die o
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 05, 2012
$20,000,000 HOUSE. HMMM EVEN BILL GATES DOES NOT LIVE IN SUCH A HOUSE. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT, THE BLACK MANS DOWNFALL, WHICH IS A DOMINO EFFECT SINCE WE ARE ALL LINKED, IS HIS EXTREME COVETOUSNESS. AND THIS APPLIES TO YOU WHO ARE READING THIS TOO. YES YOU. YOU ARE A COVETOUS DEMON.

1 Like

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Olaone1: 8:58am On Dec 05, 2012
playmode: I think i am going to come back home and set up a kidnapping syndicate to start kidnapping relatives of these assholes in Government. We Nigerians just sit back and look like mugus while these people just screw us like this.We deserve the type of leadership we get since we elected these people into office willingly.We are a country of epic morons who can not seem to do anything right.

grin grin
Easy sir
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by playmode(m): 8:58am On Dec 05, 2012
obadiah777: DIDNT YOU RUN TO SOUTH AFRICA ? YOU HAVE NO MOUTH TO TALK ABEG grin

You see what you did right there? That is what i was talking about in my comment that when someone speak the truth ,our own people will shout him down or laugh at him.Until we stop this non progressive behavior of always countering each other in defense of these corrupt leader we will never move forward.How does your countering me help the average Nigerian or educate the voters

Come here to South Africa and see how South Africans hold their leaders accountable.Here the Government is scared of the people unlike like Nigeria where the people are scared of the Government.Contribute constructive comments and stop countering comments like mine in this manner.You have no idea of my plans or what i done or plan to do in Nigeria so i find it sad that you chose to mock me instead of criticizing the Government.

From your comment it seems you find this topic funny ,maybe you are one of the beneficiaries of such corruption hence the "abeg waka" response to my comment.Do you think the Arab spring would have happened if the Arabs reasoned like us Nigerians?? The people who initiated the Egyptian uprising were based home and Abroad.Egyptians all over the work worked in unison to remove Mubarak. With Attitudes like yours,how can that happen in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Temi231(f): 8:59am On Dec 05, 2012
What are these guys doing on the sit, I just don't know. Busy spending govt money lavishly and taken improper decision. OMG!!! We are in soup.
Seriously we need revolution in this country unless the rich will be getting richer and the poor will bs getting poorer. Come to think of it what are these people doing about 50% of Nigeria youth that are unemployed. Instead they will tell us they want to build zoe cost housing estate for citizen of which they can't afford.

This country is drowling....... God save us
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Curlyjay(m): 9:00am On Dec 05, 2012
mehn!!!
I love this country...
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by PalmTree(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2012
CFCfan: This is absolutely ridiculous. I am flabbergasted that the FG had the effrontery and audacity to embark on such a megalomaniacal project. I join fellow NLanders in saying cabodo rejectamenta to d N2bn mansion.

GEJ's administration looks like it's on a mission to continually bewilder the people.

Are you on some kind of drugs, mental depressant perhaps? I'm sure you should be able to form non- ambiguous sentences.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by ypeace: 9:07am On Dec 05, 2012
Bounce in.....
The rhgit tihng at teh rhigit tmie.....
Bounce out.....
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 05, 2012
playmode:

[s]Come here to South Africa and see how South Africans hold their leaders accountable[/s].
ONLY BECAUSE THE WHITE MAN RUNS THE ECONOMY. THE MOMENT YOU SUCCEED IN KICKING OUT ALL THE WHITE MEN, THAT DAY IS WHEN THABO MBEKI AND THE LIKES BECOME BILLIONAIRES OVERNIGHT. THE BLACK MAN IS A COVETOUS DEMON. ITS A CHARACTER FLAW THAT HAS TO BE ADDRESSED.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by hasibunallahu: 9:15am On Dec 05, 2012
What happened to the houses built for the past senate president, speaker etc?
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Bighrt: 9:22am On Dec 05, 2012
Hrt breakin. I weep for dis country. The only thin dis administration does is waste our resources. are dose moni nt enuf to set up a refinery or industries. Oh God pls come to our help cos our leaders r leading us to doom. They talk abt puting tolls in federal road, all manner of things to frustrate d common man r dose money nt enuf to maintain our roads.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Loses Again In Ekiti, Tribunal Upholds Fayose's Election As Governor / Come Clean On Travel Ban, APC Tells Atiku / Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.