Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo (10757 Views)

Dame Patience Jonathan Cautions Envoys' Wives Over Utterances / Jonathan Cautions Against Threat To Peace In Guinea Bissau / 2015 Presidency: Jonathan Cautions Sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by Idokojimmy: 6:03am On Dec 05, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan has directed his aides to stop the media war against former President Olusegun Obasanjo with a warning that any aide that errs will lose his job.
The PUNCH learnt in Abuja that the presidential directive came on the heels of intervention by some unnamed chieftains of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.  The party lords were said to have asked the President to caution his aides.

A Presidency source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said some members of the party felt that the exchange of words between the President, his aides and the former President was not good for the image of the party.

The source said, “The party informed the President that the members of the opposition could capitalise on the disagreement to cause a major friction between the two leaders of the party.

“The President has directed his aides not to speak either directly or indirectly on anything that is injurious to the former President on any issue. This is because some leaders of the PDP have advised him not to take on the former President in a fight.
“Apart from the political implication of such, we also believe that it could heat up the polity and cause tension in both the party and the polity.

“Moreover, the party has seen that the opposition is already trying to make gains from the fight and that will not be a good thing either for the two leaders or our party.

“The President respects Obasanjo. He will not do anything that will widen the gap between them. I am sure that the disagreement will be settled.

“Besides, there are no plans by the President to witch-hunt Obasanjo with any probe.”

A member of the National Working Committee of the party, who spoke with selected journalists in Abuja on Sunday, said the party was worried about the increasing animosity between the two senior members of the party.

Obasanjo was the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the PDP until April this year when he resigned his appointment.

Obasanjo stirred a hornet’s nest recently when he gave an indication that Jonathan might be a weak leader because of the way he had been handling the security challenges facing the country.

The former President said he directed the security agencies to fish out the militants who killed some security men in Odi, Rivers State, during his tenure as President.

Jonathan however used the occasion of his Media Chat to respond to Obasanjo’s comment, saying the invasion of Odi during Obasanjo’s presidency did not solve the problem.

Rather, he said, innocent lives were lost as the security operatives did not succeed in killing the militants that were suspected to have killed the security men.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-cautions-aides-against-attacking-obasanjo/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by acidtalk: 6:46am On Dec 05, 2012
So Jonathan needed other people to cation him to desist attacking Obasanjo. That clearly shows Jonathan lacks an iota of wisdom.

Nobody and I repeat Nobody has ever fought Obasanjo and have gove scot free. They always end up regretting it. The man Obasanjo isn't definitely not a Saint or corruption free (he is damn corRrupt) but the fact remains he is the ONLY Nigerian living politician that certainly wants the Unity of this Country even when others including Jonathan wants Nigeria to divide.

As painful as it might be, Obasanjo clearly told Jonathan the utmost truth.

If Jonatha believes he doesn't still need obasanjo's help, he is making a very big mistake because the International world will rather associate with Obasanjo than want to have anything to do with Jonathan.

Atiku Abubakar, Ayo Fayose, Rashid Ladoja, Joshua Dariye, Ghalli Na'abbah, Pius Ayim, Tafa Balogun, Late President Umar Yaradua and others have all eneded up regretting their scuffles with Obasanjo.

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by kokoA(m): 7:07am On Dec 05, 2012
Mtcheeeewww.. As if he has control over his aides sef undecided

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by Chanchit: 8:03am On Dec 05, 2012
If Baba attack, it would jst look like a co-incidence, which will make that mumu cry in 7 diff' languages cos baba's name won't be mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by 50calibre(m): 8:26am On Dec 05, 2012
This is the problem with Nigeria, some people are considered untouchable.
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by boron10(m): 8:32am On Dec 05, 2012
acidtalk: So Jonathan needed other people to cation him to desist attacking Obasanjo. That clearly shows Jonathan lacks an iota of wisdom.

Nobody and I repeat Nobody has ever fought Obasanjo and have gove scot free. They always end up regretting it. The man Obasanjo isn't definitely not a Saint or corruption free (he is damn corRrupt) but the fact remains he is the ONLY Nigerian living politician that certainly wants the Unity of this Country even when others including Jonathan wants Nigeria to divide.

If Jonatha believes he doesn't still need obasanjo's help, he is making a very big mistake because the International world will rather associate with Obasanjo than want to have anything to do with Jonathan.

Atiku Abubakar, Ayo Fayose, Rashid Ladoja, Joshua Dariye, Ghalli Na'abbah, Pius Ayim, Tafa Balogun, Late President Umar Yaradua and others have all eneded up regretting their scuffles with Obasanjo.
Arrant nonsense. Learn to always think before writing

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by ebamma3: 8:32am On Dec 05, 2012
As if i care
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by merteeny(m): 8:33am On Dec 05, 2012
But you can't bite the fingers that fed you. GEJ bewary of OBJ. Never outshine your master. It is a Universal Law.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by Candybob(m): 8:36am On Dec 05, 2012
Bull shit news and bull shit responses! NL wats going on!!!
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by Robertomatteo: 8:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by acidtalk: 8:39am On Dec 05, 2012
moroon10:
Arrant nonsense. Learn to always think before writing

And you had to quote all that to show the entire Nigerians how daft you are without making any reasonable statement.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by Candybob(m): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2012
Mehn this MODs are so uncreative! What is 'poo'? Are we in Nursery school? Pls avoid editing my comments, it displeases me!
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by drnoel: 8:41am On Dec 05, 2012
acidtalk: So Jonathan needed other people to cation him to desist attacking Obasanjo. That clearly shows Jonathan lacks an iota of wisdom.

OK, I hear u. Go back in time to precisely a few months back and learn from the history of saraki and his son.
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by superior1: 8:44am On Dec 05, 2012
[size=16pt]In Nigerian Politics, the FEAR of OBASANJO is the beginning of WISDOM and SUCCESS[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by tellwsdom: 8:45am On Dec 05, 2012
50calibre: This is the problem with Nigeria, some people are considered untouchable.

Before nko?? angry
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by bknight: 8:48am On Dec 05, 2012

U deserve one of Odeku, Oloye or Udeme

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by truelovecom: 8:50am On Dec 05, 2012

Who is Obasanjo? Is he a God?.…please stop talking like a kid…people like you are the reason why nigeria will never move forward.

Look at someone that stole our money , all you can do is to praise and worship him.

Why dont you build a shrine or an altar for obasanjo and worship him.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by phaya(f): 8:53am On Dec 05, 2012
So OBJ is now a god he can't be touched? And GEJ matter tire me! Which kind person be this? He can't think n take decision on his own! God help us

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by topsyking: 8:56am On Dec 05, 2012
The way am seeing tins..JONA might not enter the secondtime..cos yoruba pple av been really cheater under his administration..I wonder weda federal character still exist....d house of rep shld av been occupied by a yoruba man but its d oda way wrong..I doubt GEJ coming back d secondtime
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by debsjoat(m): 8:56am On Dec 05, 2012
Obasanjo is a legend in this nation that other international personnel always want to reckon with at all instances and bits...
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by Kaxmytex(m): 8:56am On Dec 05, 2012
As d yoruba's will alwayz say "dada o le ja sugbon o ni aburo to gboju le"
MEANING: dada no fit fight but e get broda wey fit fight 4 am

am nt so suprise...inasmuch as GEJ still dey on dat presidential seat,[size=20pt]BABA IYABO[/size] is still rulling us

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by olly4life: 8:58am On Dec 05, 2012
When two umbrella fights, it brings rain i.e. mathematically

PDP fight PDP = ACN+CPC+ANPP

Let the fight continue. Awon ole, wobia.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by alaoeri: 8:59am On Dec 05, 2012
truelove.com:

Who is Obasanjo? Is he a God?.…please stop talking like a kid…people like you are the reason why nigeria will never move forward.

Look at someone that stole our money , all you can do is to praise and worship him.

OBJ isn't God but God gives some ppl power to stir the affairs of this world regarding Nigeria i guess OBJ is a force to reckon with in which JEG himself can't toyed with.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by Elueme: 8:59am On Dec 05, 2012
I share in this view. The opposition would want to ingloriously capitalize on the rift knowing fully well that they have no chance with a united PDP. Someone need to play the fool and let it be the younger, which is Jonathan. He had always stooped to conquer, let it not be different now.
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by tunapawizzy: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2012
olly4life: When two umbrella fights, it brings rain i.e. mathematically

PDP fight PDP = ACN+CPC+ANPP

Let the fight continue. Awon ole, wobia.
even dis ur ACN + CPC + ANPP na super ole...ko si iyato lara won
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by olly4life: 9:28am On Dec 05, 2012
tunapawizzy:
even dis ur ACN + CPC + ANPP na super ole...ko si iyato lara won

Dude abeg o, spare me o, did I ascribed d ole wobia only d umbrella, am sure U̶̲̥̅̊ are one of dere benefactor. Leave me make I finish my akamu wit akara joor. Chai see fly don enter my oki nau.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by hotwax: 9:38am On Dec 05, 2012
truelove.com:

Can you name A̶̲̥̅​ single politician that has never stolen our money?

The fact is, obasanjo is still by far the best president we can ever have.
I wish obasanjo was back. Who is boko-haram?
He was A̶̲̥̅​ yoruba man who did not favored yorubas during his tenure. That's why Yorubas deflected to AC recently. You can hate him because he is Yoruba, but that can take his credit from him. He is still the only president that has balls.
OBJ is still the best and we miss him due to this GEJ boko haram puppet.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by IYANGBALI: 9:43am On Dec 05, 2012

let joe continue the fight with baba and let's see who wins the fight,one thn I know for sure is that joe cannot win the battle and he should forget about 2015 because all these ex millitary guys and northerners would work against him
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by ijigbamigb(m): 9:46am On Dec 05, 2012
Oga o.
The last one month has witnessed a whole lot of political drumbeating, calculations and permutations.
OBJ threw a punch about tackling terrorism and tagging GEJ as weak
GEJ responded through his Attack lion
OBJ responded again through FFK
Atiku bought himself a leadership Award.
Atiku donated to Obasanjo's mosque. Only Northern Leaders attended
Atiku bowed to OBJ at an event.
GEJ calls his aides to ORDER.

Everyone seems to be Warming up for 2015...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by ZeusI: 9:48am On Dec 05, 2012
Every realm or organisation has its Titans, and every group of titans has (Cronus) a head. Obasanjo has proven beyond all right reasoning and logic that he is a Cronus in West-African politics. He remains my role model in politics.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by IYANGBALI: 9:51am On Dec 05, 2012
truelove.com:

tell me 1 polithievian that has not stolen in nigeria,even u go steal pass obj if you get there. Take it or leave it GEJ can't fight OBJ and survive it,GEJ himself knows it so shut the fok up and stop hating OBJ just because he is a yoruba man. Obj has balls what has GEJ got?nothn not even toto. tongue
Re: Jonathan Cautions Aides Against Attacking Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 05, 2012
truelove.com:

see, ACIDTALK was rite 100%. Am nt an OBJ fan, but I feel sameway wt Acidtalk. His nt being God notwithstanding. Y do u think d northerners plus Atiku r pledging allegiance to him recently. All u need to do is to remove sentiments n u wl see dt OBJ has Nigeria on his palm.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arase Donates N1m To Injured Police Corporal In Kano / Nwobike Paid N750,000 In Justice Yunusa’s Account - Witness / 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.