Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? (10821 Views)

When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? / My Gf Just Broke Up Wif Me Cos She Is S.s Genotype Says / Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Skii(m): 11:39pm On Dec 05, 2012
Guys please I need some opinions here

At the onset of a potential relationship, after one might have scaled all the initial hurdles and all is set to go ahead, how does one deal with the issue of genotype?

Specifically, how does one ask the question (without seeming to forward)? especially when the less favoured genotypes (AS, SS) are involved
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Mynd44: 12:07am On Dec 06, 2012
I don't care cos I intend to marry for other reason apart drom children. If all fails, I adopt

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Caracta(f): 1:26am On Dec 06, 2012
There is no 'less favoured' genotype. Simply ask her. Though i think if she is SS, you might know without asking. But if you don't want to ask straight up, try this:

You: Awww. My head hurts. I've been having series of headache. Sometimes, i feel i have the wrong genotype.

Her: What's your genotype?

You: AA. What's yours?

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Caracta(f): 1:30am On Dec 06, 2012
Mynd_44: I don't care cos I intend to marry for other reason apart drom children. If all fails, I adopt
Hmmmm. Nice. Same thing my uncle did and now his little daughter suffers from crisis. She's SS. Pretty doll.
I admire your decision anyway.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Mynd44: 6:33am On Dec 06, 2012
Caracta:
Hmmmm. Nice. Same thing my uncle did and now his little daughter suffers from crisis. She's SS. Pretty doll.
I admire your decision anyway.
He made the mistake, I am talking tube tying things here
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Dreystar(f): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2012
Asking him/her directly isnt a bad idea.
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Dreystar(f): 9:52am On Dec 06, 2012
Caracta: Though i think if she is SS, you might know without asking.

That's not always true. And guessing wont help either
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
It is better one ask at the onset of the relationship. It could be asked in a very neutral manner for the other party not to think the person is forward. It won't be too funny if the people involved have gone far in the relationship before knowing they are not compatible.
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Skii(m): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
amourpure: It is better one ask at the onset of the relationship. It could be asked in a very neutral manner for the other party not to think the person is forward. It won't be too funny if the people involved have gone far in the relationship before knowing they are not compatible.

All you have said is the reason why I am asking HOW to ask?
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by gxpensive(m): 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
Due to what i have read and heard it is not suitable for (AS & SS) to get marry to eachother for it is very harzard, although many manage to take the the risk sake of the tight knock(love) between them "but it is not advisable"...
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Mynd44: 3:29pm On Dec 06, 2012
gxpensive: Due to what i have read and heard it is not suitable for (AS & SS) to get marry to eachother for it is very harzard, although many manage to take the the risk sake of the tight knock(love) between them "but it is not advisable"...
I don't wanna sound insultive but this comment is silly.

What do you mean dangerous? It is dangerous for the, to have biological kids not dangerous to get married.

This has nothing to do with marriage
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by gxpensive(m): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
Mynd_44:
I don't wanna sound insultive but this comment is silly.

What do you mean dangerous? It is dangerous for the, to have biological kids not dangerous to get married.

This has nothing to do with marriage
Nahhhh, this has nothing to do with aggrasive reply, quote or comment what one has to get well in such matter/topic is a clear understanding, mynd_44 am not quoting you back to quote you wrong because i believed everybody has his/her own opinion on such issue. As a matter of fact have seen many (AS, SS) that got married to eachother and they where blessed with beautiful kids sound in health and highgar, but guess what? The last born was an SS and to cut the long scenerio short the innocent child died along the line; its not that they can't get married or have their own children. But it is dengerous- try to sink that. Thank you
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Mynd44: 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
gxpensive: Nahhhh, this has nothing to do with aggrasive reply, quote or comment what one has to get well in such matter/topic is a clear understanding, mynd_44 am not quoting you back to quote you wrong because i believed everybody has his/her own opinion on such issue. As a matter of fact have seen many (AS, SS) that got married to eachother and they where blessed with beautiful kids sound in health and highgar, but guess what? The last born was an SS and to cut the long scenerio short the innocent child died along the line; its not that they can't get married or have their own children. But it is dengerous- try to sink that. Thank you
Sir, you are missing my point here. Why is it that we assume that if a couple is married they will have boilogical children? Why do we keep saying this like we are sure?

I know a case where they are both AS and the decided to marry even when everyone was against it. The brides's church even refused to carry out the wedding but they loved one another too much.

In the end, they decided to adopt so as not to endanger their unborn children. They adopted twice infact and they love these children cos they are theirs.

Now how does my story relate to quoting you? The fact that they are both AS does not make marriage dangerous. It is when they have biological children that it becomes dangerous. Infact. Can't someone who is AS meet another and one gets pregnant even without marriage?
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by gxpensive(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
Mynd_44:
Sir, you are missing my point here. Why is it that we assume that if a couple is married they will have boilogical children? Why do we keep saying this like we are sure?

I know a case where they are both AS and the decided to marry even when everyone was against it. The brides's church even refused to carry out the wedding but they loved one another too much.

In the end, they decided to adopt so as not to endanger their unborn children. They adopted twice infact and they love these children cos they are theirs.

Now how does my story relate to quoting you? The fact that they are both AS does not make marriage dangerous. It is when they have biological children that it becomes dangerous. Infact. Can't someone who is AS meet another and one gets pregnant even without marriage?

I think i get your point now Mr mynd_44. Yes you're absolutely right on this "it is not dangerous to get married, but for those that decide to have their own biological child" case close
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Mynd44: 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
gxpensive: I think i get your point now Mr mynd_44. Yes you're absolutely right on this "it is not dangerous to get married, but for those that decide to have their own biological child" case close
Finally,
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by gxpensive(m): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
Mynd_44:
Finally,
Yess boss, its nice meeting you, ama new breath here...lolz
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by larrymoore(m): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
Geno wahala!
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Mynd44: 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
gxpensive: Yess boss, its nice meeting you, ama new breath here...lolz
Okay
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by tpia1: 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2012
by asking?
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by tpia1: 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
Though i think if she is SS, you might know without asking.

Dreystar:

That's not always true. And guessing wont help either

most of the time, its fairly obvious.
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Skii(m): 7:33am On Dec 07, 2012
Okay, let me rephrase, has anybody ever asked about the other person's genotype? AND HOW DID YOU DO IT?
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Caracta(f): 9:46am On Dec 07, 2012
Skii: Okay, let me rephrase, has anybody ever asked about the other person's genotype? AND HOW DID YOU DO IT?
Oh my! You mean the example i gave earlier is not reasonable enough for you. Arrrrrgggghhh! Can't believe i took my time to type all that cry
Re: How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? by Skii(m): 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2012
Caracta:
Oh my! You mean the example i gave earlier is not reasonable enough for you. Arrrrrgggghhh! Can't believe i took my time to type all that cry

My apologies dear kiss , your example was very well received...I hit the "Like" button the moment I saw it smiley !! Its just that its the only practical example thus far sad

(1) (Reply)

For The Guys!!! See 20 Dirty Questions To Ask A Girl And Make Her Wet… / Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? / Look At What This Guy Sent To Her Girlfriend After She Cheated On Him(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.