Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Did I Offend You?-dealing With The Spirit Of Offence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did I Offend You?-dealing With The Spirit Of Offence (461 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / I Am Sorry If Your Not A Christian, This Will Offend You But Think Of This ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did I Offend You?-dealing With The Spirit Of Offence by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 06, 2012
There is a parable that says...

One day a poor man was seated near the house of a wealthy man, begging for his daily food. The wealthy man came out and began to insult him, calling him lazy and worthless. But the poor man remained very calm. The poor man's calmness caused the wealthy man to become increasingly more angry and abusive, in an attempt to elicit some reaction or response.

The poor man had an apple that someone had given him in his begging bowl. He held up the apple to the rich man and said:

"If I give you this apple, and you accept it, whose apple is it? The wealthy man answered, "Why? my apple, of course, since you gave it to me and I accepted it!"

The poor man then said "But if I offer it to you and you do not accept it, THEN whose apple is it?"...read more here: http://www.covenantrelationships.org/2012/12/did-i-offend-you.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

You Are Worthy(be Inspired) / Five Nigerian Pastors Among The Richest In Africa / What Do You Pray For Nairalanders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.