Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,967 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:34 AM

Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza (14249 Views)

Fashola Blames Jonathan For Lekki-ikoyi Robbery / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / Apga Condemns Lekki-epe Toll. Wetin Consyn Agbero With Overload. Lmao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by EkoAtlantic1(f): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2012
06 Dec 2012
Gboyega Akinsanmi

The Lagos State Government has unveiled a two-way road newly constructed to serve as an alternative route to Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe-Eti-Osa Expressway, which is being developed by Lekki Concession Company (LCC).

The state government also said the road was designed as an alternative for those who might not want to use the plaza.

This came Wednesday as the LCC, concessionaire of the Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe-Eti-Osa expressway, announced that it had set December 16 to start toll collection on the second toll plaza (otherwise known as Conversation Plaza) constructed along the Lekki-Epe corridor, which covers a distance of 49.36 kilometres.

But Special Adviser on Public Private Partnership (PPP), Mr. Ayo Gbeleyi, while inspecting the alternative road alongside other state government officials, explained that the road was not just an alternative route for motorists who are not willing to pay toll at Conservation Plaza, a second toll plaza built about 10 kilometres away from Admiralty Plaza.

Gbeleye, while inspecting the route which starts from Chevron Drive and ends at Oluwanisola Estate, alongside the Managing Director of Metropolitan Construction Company, Mr. Carlos Franji and an Executive, Mr. Tony Fagbuaro among others, assured the people along the Lekki-Epe corridor that the state government would not force toll payment on them, a reason he linked to the administration of Governor Babatunde Fashola’s commitment to completing the alternative road before toll collection commences.

He added that the alternative route was newly designed to accommodate such infrastructure as street lights, comprehensive drainage system, dual side walk as well as detailed road signs, which the special adviser, said were put in place to ensure safety and security of lives and properties along the route.

Aside from facilities designed with the road, the special adviser noted that the state government would deploy both security and traffic operatives “to constantly patrol the road in order to ensure that motorist do not encounter any difficulty while driving because the road is sited in an area with good vegetation area.”

“As the uptake in population growth, the road will get busy. The opening is a temporary opening. But by next Sunday, every construction work on the road would have been completed. At that time, the road will no longer be lonely as motorist would ply the road constantly. Before now, there was no access to the community.

“But the managing director added that was constructed not only to provide alternative route for motorist, but also “to provide accessible road for residents of the community within the axis where the toll plaza were constructed. We have designed the road to be the alternative road for the second toll plaza,” he said.

He gave details of the alternative road, which he said, was constructed the road “to have a 90 degree angle. This angle would aid easy maneuvring of vehicles on the road including turning. We have constructed drainage and walkways, streetlights to aid visibility at night and suit the required standard of the state government.”

According to him, the road was design to serve the residents for at least 30 years. It is a very good road constructed with the intention of giving residents of the state easy movement in and around the axis. The route was constructed for motorist who may not want to pass through the toll plaza. It will serve as a bypass.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-unveils-alternative-road-for-lekki-epe-toll-plaza/132696/

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by EkoAtlantic1(f): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2012
This is Lagos cool

Let me give you guys this simple illustration.
In Nigeria we have two federations, they are: Lagos and Naijiriya(wake up to suffer).

You should wonder why Ogun state motto is "The Gateway state". Gateway to where? Naijiriya. She's is the gateway to Naijiriya from Lagos in the country called Nigeria tongue
If you like nack your head for wall or jump inside Lagoon tongue

Eko oni baje, Never cool

18 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by Abujafood: 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
Well what can I say, let's keep our fingers crossed!
Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by free2ryhme: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
when lagos finish their extortion they shld let us know
Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by alaoeri: 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2012
All hail BRF, haters 'll soon full the thread to criticise the good work of the government. Lagos is working cool

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by Kx: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
They unveiled the alternative road yet the pix on dispaly is the toll plaza.
Is it too hard to display the newly constructed alternative road for all to see and confirm?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by omiobo: 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2012
We are ready to pay. If we can't pay we will take the alternative. Simple!! No beafing!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
bashy_demy: And who is complaining? We are paying the toll and we are seeing what they are using the money for

omiobo: We are ready to pay. If we can't pay we will take the alternative. Simple!! No beafing!!

Judging my these posts, all the roads in Lagos should be tolled . . . SMH

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by feelamong(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
well, like they say: you either shape in or ship out!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by olumidazz: 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
Pls where is the alternate road I just drove past this place 2 minutes ago, there was no indication or sign of any alternate road.
Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by dickhardener: 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
free2ryhme: when lagos finish their extortion they shld let us know
this isn't extortion it is normative form of governance. Y do you guys just like the easy way out with no intent for sacrifices. Are u guys just prone to retrogression or what.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by Navalsadiq(m): 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
thumbs baba fash.you dey try sha.but dnt turn lagos into the uk where tax a lone give pipo sleepless night befor peepz bigin paiku of heart attack.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by dickhardener: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
I love fashola and oshiomole. They let you know straight-up, it's either our way or the highway.
Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by megastu(m): 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
This is real rubbish of the highest order. If you see the suffering Ajah residents are made to go through because of the useless construction work by this lekki people. It is terrible.

I cant believe this is happening. Someone should wake me up from this dream. Can a Govt be so inhumane to its citizenry just because of money to be made?

The traffic has worsened in Ajah area, more than what it used to be before this construction started.

I wish we can emulate Egypt.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by oraclefemi(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
Change is constant thing and new developments are always welcome but most the people groan under the burden of these so called developments..read my article on Fashola Versus The Common Man on www.femishine..com.
Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by ypzilanti: 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
FG should build world class freeways across the nation and toll whatever they friggin want. Just to coordinate Lagos-Ibadan expressway concession, na wahala. Such incompetent buffoons.

Anyway, I was against tolling without alternative routes. If they have indeed built the alternative, then kudos. Means they are aware that the people are not happy with them...better late than never.
Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by salafiyy: 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
...FOR THEIR OWN FAVOUR NOT FOR US...
Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by ojdollars(m): 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:
06 Dec 2012
Gboyega Akinsanmi

The Lagos State Government has unveiled a two-way road newly constructed to serve as an alternative route to Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe-Eti-Osa Expressway, which is being developed by Lekki Concession Company (LCC).

The state government also said the road was designed as an alternative for those who might not want to use the plaza.

This came Wednesday as the LCC, concessionaire of the Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe-Eti-Osa expressway, announced that it had set December 16 to start toll collection on the second toll plaza (otherwise known as Conversation Plaza) constructed along the Lekki-Epe corridor, which covers a distance of 49.36 kilometres.

But Special Adviser on Public Private Partnership (PPP), Mr. Ayo Gbeleyi, while inspecting the alternative road alongside other state government officials, explained that the road was not just an alternative route for motorists who are not willing to pay toll at Conservation Plaza, a second toll plaza built about 10 kilometres away from Admiralty Plaza.

Gbeleye, while inspecting the route which starts from Chevron Drive and ends at Oluwanisola Estate, alongside the Managing Director of Metropolitan Construction Company, Mr. Carlos Franji and an Executive, Mr. Tony Fagbuaro among others, assured the people along the Lekki-Epe corridor that the state government would not force toll payment on them, a reason he linked to the administration of Governor Babatunde Fashola’s commitment to completing the alternative road before toll collection commences.

He added that the alternative route was newly designed to accommodate such infrastructure as street lights, comprehensive drainage system, dual side walk as well as detailed road signs, which the special adviser, said were put in place to ensure safety and security of lives and properties along the route.

Aside from facilities designed with the road, the special adviser noted that the state government would deploy both security and traffic operatives “to constantly patrol the road in order to ensure that motorist do not encounter any difficulty while driving because the road is sited in an area with good vegetation area.”

“As the uptake in population growth, the road will get busy. The opening is a temporary opening. But by next Sunday, every construction work on the road would have been completed. At that time, the road will no longer be lonely as motorist would ply the road constantly. Before now, there was no access to the community.

“But the managing director added that was constructed not only to provide alternative route for motorist, but also “to provide accessible road for residents of the community within the axis where the toll plaza were constructed. We have designed the road to be the alternative road for the second toll plaza,” he said.

He gave details of the alternative road, which he said, was constructed the road “to have a 90 degree angle. This angle would aid easy maneuvring of vehicles on the road including turning. We have constructed drainage and walkways, streetlights to aid visibility at night and suit the required standard of the state government.”

According to him, the road was design to serve the residents for at least 30 years. It is a very good road constructed with the intention of giving residents of the state easy movement in and around the axis. The route was constructed for motorist who may not want to pass through the toll plaza. It will serve as a bypass.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-unveils-alternative-road-for-lekki-epe-toll-plaza/132696/

Fashola... May your Generation rip 10X of the good work you are doing in Lagos... Let me use your phrase... Eko Oni Baje oooh.

@All Nairalanders who curse and insult Fashola... I want to believe that there is no Nigerian in Diaspora among those clicks... I live in Texas, City of Irving in Dallas County. I can boldly say that, the difference between Lagos and Texas... Is not so much.. Because, in Texas.. Most of the High Ways has Tolls. The difference is that, the officials in charge which is refer to as the City don't stop you to pay daily as you go through the Tolls. What they do, is refer to as advance Toll fee collection. The camera's on the Toll whatever takes snaps your number plate and the Bill will be sent to your house.. Whatever address that Car title is registered in. What Fashola is doing, makes me proud to say that I am a Nigerian once again. This man has Vision, he is a world leader. I am a Waffarian.. from the City Of Warri, Delta State. But each time I fly into Lagos, I feel more relaxed than else where. Americans were able to develop their country because everyone is paying their fair share... Some people who ply those Tolls on the Highway to work, pay as much as $75usd - $150usd Monthly for their Toll fee's = 12,000 Naira - 23,000 Naira. Just recently, I drove pass the Highway, forgot there was Toll there, cause me I nor still like the toll fees with brain... They sent me ticket of about 6 dollars or 4 dollars.. I ignored it and within two weeks or three weeks later. They fined me for not paying the less than 6 dollars toll fee.

Please Support Fashola, the man has good intention, but the process of change sometimes, has a lot of inconviences... Is not doing all this for himself, is doing it to better the life of Lagosians... Is not easy to be way more a million times outstanding from A Commander In Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria... Fashola is the best Gov... Travel outside Nigeria and see how things are done before you rain curse on a Gov like Fashola. I am not Yoruba... I am a Deltan and don't live in Lagos.. But the truth be say, good thing na good thing... wether you talk bad or good about am ooh, he nor go change the status of the good. One Love my fellow country men and women in the House.

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by mrcali1: 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
Its not that Nigerians do not like to make sacrifices but they just don't feel they are morally obliged to make it to the type of govt we have now. One we don't believe they should push any responsibility to us since We are convinced they are not judiciously using our money. Until we have fiscal responsibility on the part of government nobody will enjoy to pay for anything.
dick hardener: this isn't extortion it is normative form of governance. Y do you guys just like the easy way out with no intent for sacrifices. Are u guys just prone to retrogression or what.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by ypzilanti: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
ojdollars:

Fashola... May your Generation rip 10X of the good work you are doing in Lagos... Let me use your phrase... Eko Oni Baje oooh.

@All Nairalanders who curse and insult Fashola... I want to believe that there is no Nigerian in Diaspora among those clicks... I live in Texas, City of Irving in Dallas County. I can boldly say that, the difference between Lagos and Texas... Is not so much.. Because, in Texas.. Most of the High Ways has Tolls. The difference is that, the officials in charge which is refer to as the City don't stop you to pay daily as you go through the Tolls. What they do, is refer to as advance Toll fee collection. The camera's on the Toll whatever takes snaps your number plate and the Bill will be sent to your house.. Whatever address that Car title is registered in. What Fashola is doing, makes me proud to say that I am a Nigerian once again. This man has Vision, he is a world leader. I am a Waffarian.. from the City Of Warri, Delta State. But each time I fly into Lagos, I feel more relaxed than else where. Americans were able to develop their country because everyone is paying their fair share... Some people who ply those Tolls on the Highway to work, pay as much as $75usd - $150usd Monthly for their Toll fee's = 12,000 Naira - 23,000 Naira. Just recently, I drove pass the Highway, forgot there was Toll there, cause me I nor still like the toll fees with brain... They sent me ticket of about 6 dollars or 4 dollars.. I ignored it and within two weeks or three weeks later. They fined me for not paying the less than 6 dollars toll fee.

Please Support Fashola, the man has good intention, but the process of change sometimes, has a lot of inconviences... Is not doing all this for himself, is doing it to better the life of Lagosians... Is not easy to be way more a million times outstanding from A Commander In Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria... Fashola is the best Gov... Travel outside Nigeria and see how things are done before you rain curse on a Gov like Fashola. I am not Yoruba... I am a Deltan and don't live in Lagos.. But the truth be say, good thing na good thing... wether you talk bad or good about am ooh, he nor go change the status of the good. One Love my fellow country men and women in the House.

Most Nigerians that have lived outside the country understand where Fashola is heading. Those complaining should come and see the chaos in Warri. (not denigrating warri people, but just showing an example of how an incompetent governor can make life unbearable and chaotic for everyone).

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by lawyer(m): 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
I don't know why you ppl like all these propagandas when your not directly involved in the nuisance. Most of you type from your homes without feeling the pains motorists will go through using a road that has always been these since the 80s. Lets assume your going to Ajah from Ikeja, you pay N150x 4 that's 600 Nairaland to go to Ajah to and fro. That doesn't exclude the stress, long standstill traffic when the tolls don't work, change Wahala or bottle necks and you will be there for hours and that's just for 1 toll gate, now its 2.

Those talking of the alternative roads have you used it before? The delay, traffic, unending curve etc and it was badly done so that people will get frustrated and jump to the main toll gate. The alternative roads are a ruse and the main aim is to squeeze people of Ajah to death. How motorists will cope now daily shelling out 600 daily per car is just inhuman and a third toll on that same road is being constructed. Has the toll gate really solved any of the Ajah lekki traffic experienced before its construction? I wonder if any Ajah resident is really happy about this trend. Now that Okadas have been banned, your forced to use your cars to pay this sum and buses are limited. It will definitely attract a higher bus fare and leave a typical Ajah resident in tears. Imagine calculating 600 Nairaland x 30 days for 1 car talk less of having another car for the mom to pick up school kids. Haba, lets be reasonable nah! And you want corruption or inflation to end?

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by mrcali1: 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2012
lawyer: I don't know why you ppl like all these propagandas when your not directly involved in the nuisance. Most of you type from your homes without feeling the pains motorists will go through using a road that has always been these since the 80s. Lets assume your going to Ajah from Ikeja, you pay N150x 4 that's 600 Nairaland to go to Ajah to and fro. That doesn't exclude the stress, long standstill traffic when the tolls don't work, change Wahala or bottle necks and you will be there for hours and that's just for 1 toll gate, now its 2.

Those talking of the alternative roads have you used it before? The delay, traffic, unending curve etc and it was badly done so that people will get frustrated and jump to the main toll gate. The alternative roads are a ruse and the main aim is to squeeze people of Ajah to death. How motorists will cope now daily shelling out 600 daily per car is just inhuman and a third toll on that same road is being constructed. Has the toll gate really solved any of the Ajah lekki traffic experienced before its construction? I wonder if any Ajah resident is really happy about this trend. Now that Okadas have been banned, your forced to use your cars to pay this sum and buses are limited. It will definitely attract a higher bus fare and leave a typical Ajah resident in tears. Imagine calculating 600 Nairaland x 30 days for 1 car talk less of having another car for the mom to pick up school kids. Haba, lets be reasonable nah! And you want corruption or inflation to end?
Its pple like you that make the traffic thick. Use public transport. Stop complaining

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by mrcali1: 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
ojdollars:

Stop comparing US to Nigeria. In US do u dig your borehole? Run your generator? Send your kids to expensive private school because public schools have become horrible. Do you change your sock absorbers every 2 months. Pls tell me the social amenities we enjoy like they enjoy in US. None. No social security nothing you are comparing Naija to US. When our govt becomes responsible then your start your comparison

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by ojdollars(m): 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
mr-cali:

Stop comparing US to Nigeria. In US do u dig your borehole? Run your generator? Send your kids to expensive private school because public schools have become horrible. Do you change your sock absorbers every 2 months. Pls tell me the social amenities we enjoy like they enjoy in US. None. No social security nothing you are comparing Naija to US. When our govt becomes responsible then your start your comparison

@mr-cali .... Read my post well.. I only said Fashola is heading in the right direction... How many people in Nigeria Pay their taxes? Do they dig Borehole in Lagos? No... The last time I was in my Uncle's House in Adeniji Adele Dolphin Estate area.. They use the water supplied by the City water board... So what are you talking about? Or are you among the group of people who just read on the internet and start concluding base on their theoretical awareness?
Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by SEGAD: 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
ojdollars:

I really love the way you started and I say big amen to your prayer for both the good and bad.
Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by dridowu: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
As far as FG (PDP) as come to stay likewise Eko oni baje laye laye
Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by 3direct: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
Fashola and co fall my hand

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by mrcali1: 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
ojdollars:

@mr-cali .... Read my post well.. I only said Fashola is heading in the right direction... How many people in Nigeria Pay their taxes? Do they dig Borehole in Lagos? No... The last time I was in my Uncle's House in Adeniji Adele Dolphin Estate area.. They use the water supplied by the City water board... So what are you talking about? Or are you among the group of people who just read on the internet and start concluding base on their theoretical awareness?
May be the next time you come to Nigeria pls stay in Ikotun or Iyana Ipaja or Iju. Where pple hve either boreholes or mechanized well. I have not had light for 2 weeks and you are here comparing. Why didn't you respond to my other reasons? Or do you run
a generator in US?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by megastu(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lets even forget about the toll. The reason for tolling the road has been defeated. The traffic is worse than ever. A roundabout has no business being on Ajah/Badore. Its like telling people from 3rd mainland to stop for people on ikorodu rd to move vice versa. There is nothing like alternative road. They just created a small opening for you to take and come out from Chevron rd, which Chevron built with their hard earned money.

At Lekki, you are diverted to raods which already exist for people living at Oniru. Its like taking short cuts through people's "backyard" Its terrible, i tell you. There is mad traffic at the so called alternative routes as they deliberately mutilate(pardon my grammer) the road so as to render it impassable so that people will use the toll road. Even the toll Road is chaotic. Too much traffic, uncordinated. Infact it is just a mess.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza by X2X(m): 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
mr-cali:
Its pple like you that make the traffic thick. Use public transport. Stop complaining

I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion that people like lawyer are the ones that make traffic thick. lawyer quite rightly highlights the fact that the tolls are exhorbitant and that the public transport system is even less attractive in the light of the partial ban on Okada.

You can agree or disagree with lawyer, but to dismiss his points by throwing baseless allegations seems to me immature. Let us learn to tolerate diversity of views and reflect on the merit of an argument before forming an opinion.

By the way, I like Fashola, I stay in Ajah, I use the public transport, but still I do not support the way the toll road has been executed.

X!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Gowon Can't Write His Memoir / ‘civilian JTF’ Demands Monthly Salaries / APC, Presidency In Fresh Plot To Set Up Atiku – PDP NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.