Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

How To Become An Ifa Priest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become An Ifa Priest (3574 Views)

Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / I'm Establishing an Ifa Temple! / Ifa Orisa Religion - Is This Our True Identity: Our True Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become An Ifa Priest by calcal: 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
Any input on how to become an ifa priest!

Expensive materials like the one below is not of interest.

http://www.spiritualtools.org/Orunmila-Prayer-on-CD-p38.html
Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by PastorAIO: 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
It is divined for you. You don't just choose to become an Ifa priest. At divination there are certain Odu that will suggest to the diviner that the client needs to be initiated into Ifa. Being initiated into Ifa may make you an Awo however to become a practicing diviner and healer it takes years and years of diligent study. An Awo is not necessarily a practicing diviner. Some are initiated at birth and then never actually study Ifa when they grow up.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by bid4rich(m): 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
Go to the devil
Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by Kay17: 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2012
^^

Monotonous and narrow Christian perception.
Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by calcal: 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
Pastor AIO: It is divined for you. You don't just choose to become an Ifa priest. At divination there are certain Odu that will suggest to the diviner that the client needs to be initiated into Ifa. Being initiated into Ifa may make you an Awo however to become a practicing diviner and healer it takes years and years of diligent study. An Awo is not necessarily a practicing diviner. Some are initiated at birth and then never actually study Ifa when they grow up.

Thanks for the input! but is there any good website and/or contact to contact in order to start the initiation.
Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
bid4rich: Go to the devil

the devil doesnt exist jsut as your man-God jesus doesnt exist no more. he is dead.
Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
@topic, any one can follow the religion of the Orisha but as to becoming Ifa Priest, it usuallly runs in the family. but then ofcourse there are some procedures to be initiated for commoners, i think. .
Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by Goshen360(m): 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2012
Why do I need to "become" an Ifa priest when in Christ I am a king and a priest. To top it all, I'm the ORACLE of God.... cool
Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by pastormustwacc: 6:40am On Dec 07, 2012
Goshen360: Why do I need to "become" an Ifa priest when in Christ I am a king and a priest. To top it all, I'm the ORACLE of God.... cool
My thinking precisely.
Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by Kay17: 7:52am On Dec 07, 2012
Goshen360: Why do I need to "become" an Ifa priest when in Christ I am a king and a priest. To top it all, I'm the ORACLE of God.... cool

Christianity is facing a crisis of comedy

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:52am On Dec 07, 2012

you are king of what? your bathroom
Re: How To Become An Ifa Priest by calcal: 2:15am On Jan 27, 2021
The knowledge is very needful in an unprecedented time. That's the way our ancestors secure our values.

(1) (Reply)

If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / A Pastor Who Came To Preach Was Spotted Fighting his listener(video&photos) / What Does The Bible Mean Whenever It Uses This Word?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.