Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League (7037 Views)

Vincent Enyeama: 'I Quit So As Not To Divide The Nigerian Football House' / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / The Nigerian Globacom Premier League Dearth Of Goals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by LoverBwoy(m): 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2006
Whatever happened to the Nigeria football league(s), I heard they've started the 2006 season

come on guys feed us some information, however ugly, lets try and promote our own grin

Which nigerian team do you support?

Who is the most popular player in the nigerian league

Which teams have the fiercest rivalry

any information worth knowing, grin
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by demmy(m): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2006
I've often wondered the lack of interest in the local league on this forum.
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by LoverBwoy(m): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2006
You know people love properly managed and organised things> other leagues

I guess its not attractive enough, packaging, management, pitches, the whole lot wink
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by kimba(m): 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2006
too much of ManU and Chelsea, i guess  grin grin
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by gbadex1(m): 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2006
i guess it's more like the Nigerian penchant for not supporting their own.

either ways, i'm with 3SC on this league
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by toshmann(m): 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2006
i remember the good old days when we used to long for a weekend to go to the stadium to watch the league. then if rangers are to play nationale it's like england vs france. owerri will be flooded with thousands of fans from all over the east just to watch the match. that was then.

now, i dont even know the name of the teams in the league. the last time i went to the stadium to watch nationale vs shooting, it was like watching a village match being played in an empty stadium. that was 2004.

well, let's hope for the better
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by dominique(f): 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2006
The league has been restructured into 2 groups: A & B each consisting of ten teams. The winner of each group will play eachother for the title. Enyimba 4 d title(again)!
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by dominique(f): 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2006
The league has been restructured into 2 groups: A & B each consisting of ten teams. The winner of each group will play eachother for the title. Enyimba 4 d title(again)!
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by toshmann(m): 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2006
taiwoabzy:

what kind of nonsense is this supposed to mean? angry
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by LoverBwoy(m): 2:19am On May 03, 2006
I thought they were following the English priemer league set up, na wa for those people self

i saw this on the kick off site

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/tournaments/index.php?LeagueVar=4

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by Seun(m): 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2007
The business model for making money from football has been proven worldwide. Why change a winning formular?
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by FOD(m): 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2008
This thread's been resurrected for the benefits of those who still have interests in the league.
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by FBS: 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2008
it was interesting to watch The people Elephant play and their double CAF champions league success. Something happened and they lost their way.

Why the NFA or is it NFF made 2 groups, me just no understand and to be honest most of us don't know what needs to be done to make the naija league vibrant and successful. Certainly, we can't be talking of signing big names to the local clubs? there are no pitches, lack or non existent investment from private sector.

Sports (including football) just like everyother thing in Nigeria is in decay but then one wonders how did England make the EPL a financial success?
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by AloyEmeka9: 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2008
I've often wondered the lack of interest in the local league on this forum.

It's because our league is not colorful like the premier league. If the govt can clean it up at least without making it colorful, our interest may go up.
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by FBS: 9:59am On Dec 19, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

It's because our league is not colorful like the premier league. If the govt can clean it up at least without making it colorful, our interest may go up.
coverage is also a problem. I for one dont even know when the season starts and if you are not in naija you may never even know how these teams are playing.
Hey, we change help create awareness on NL.
Let's do it.
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by tck2000(m): 11:13pm On May 30, 2019
Re: Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League by uthlaw: 6:10am On May 31, 2019
league that away team cannot win a match is that one a league...

(1) (Reply)

Daily 2+ Odds / Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi / Win With My Accurate Weekend Predictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.