Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:38 PM

Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! (12497 Views)

Am 29 And Am Scared Of Marriage! / She Want Me To Disvirgin Her..but Am Scared!!! Help Me... / Girls Are Getting Older Mothers Are Getting Frustrated. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by demelza: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
I know this sounds kinda vain and ridiculous but pls bear with me. In a month's time, I'll be 20yrs and that just scares me because it implies I am getting old and I just cannot stand the thought of it. Being a January baby sucks majorly because I am always older than all my age mates... Yuck. Getting old is no fun but I know its inevitable and I am sooo not comfortable with it. I believe all the fun is in your teen years but I don't want to believe I have Peter Pan tendencies. Pls nairalanders how do I get rid of this silly anxiety and embrace my 20s
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by luvmijeje(f): 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
mtcheew

35 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by Akshow: 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
remove the battery of your wall clock and wrist watches, that way you can stop time from moving and you wont get old. Nonsence

15 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hey thats so cool. It means your brain is working the right way. Being very conscious about your age and all its ramifications to me is healthy.

I have friends at 26 that still consider themselves young. I tell you that subconsciously those who are always bothered about age are the people that are very ambitious, futuristic and dreamers. They always want to make the best out if their lives.

Keep it up babe. Id like to get to know you.

17 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by greedie1(f): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
richarts: Hey thats so cool. It means your brain is working the right way. Being very conscious about your age and all its ramifications to me is healthy.

I have friends at 26 that still consider themselves young. I tell you that subconsciously those who are always bothered about age are the people that are very ambitious, futuristic and dreamers. They always want to make the best out if their lives.

i agree wit u but then i re read her post and her only reason seems to be that one can have fun only during the teen years

ofcz it could be that wat she means is that from 20 and above she ll be so focused on turning her dreams into reality that she would barely have time to enjoy life, but then what kind of ambition or dream is that if the tot of doin it and actually doing it isnt fun??
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by joey4jo: 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
Make una free the babe, she don chop belefull.. If you had more important things to think about like where your next cup of garri would come from I don't think you'll waste time posting this.

11 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by tpia1: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
richarts:

those who are always bothered about age are the people that are very ambitious, futuristic and dreamers. They always want to make the best out if their lives.

i think you're very wrong.

its not good for a 20 year old to have this mindset.

shows he or she has nothing doing at this point in time.

i suspect there's going to be a lot of folks like this, given the current culture of irresponsibility and pride that's so rampant nowadays.

I'll be 20yrs and that just scares me because it implies I am getting old and I just cannot stand the thought of it

this is not normal.

check your life.

do you typically abuse and lack respect for people who are older?

are you depressed?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by tpia1: 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
@ topic

nihilism.
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
tpia1:

i suspect there's going to be a lot of folks like this, given the current culture of irresponsibility and pride that's so rampant nowadays.

this is not normal.

check your life.

are you depressed?

I seriously wish you could be more clearer.
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by demelza: 5:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
Akshow: remove the battery of your wall clock and wrist watches, that way you can stop time from moving and you wont get old. Nonsence
luvmijeje: mtcheew
Who left the cage open

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by tpia1: 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
richarts:

I seriously wish you could be more clearer.

what's not clear about my post?
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by demelza: 5:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
joey4jo: Make una free the babe, she don chop belefull.. If you had more important things to think about like where your next cup of garri would come from I don't think you'll waste time posting this.
Hey buster, its because I neva chop belleful of what life has got to offer, thats why I just seeked for help. You should try it too, it doesn't take rocket science to do so. Now go back to thinking about your cup of garrium, we wouldn't want you starving

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by chronique(m): 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
I have a native drug dat prevents pple from gettin old;do u want to buy? But honestly,d more u post stuffs like this,the younger you'll get.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by demelza: 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
undecided
richarts: Hey thats so cool. It means your brain is working the right way. Being very conscious about your age and all its ramifications to me is healthy.

Finally, someone who understands me. Part of this anxiety I must admit comes from me feeling like I havent achieved enough and that time is now ticking louder. Uggghhh ....... Sumthings just sucks

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by tpia1: 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
are you male or female?

i see you've strenously avoided identifying yourself as either, in all your posts.

that suggests you have another id, and from your thread topic, you're probably one of the foul mouth ones- correct me if i'm wrong.
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by 190theclown: 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2012
demelza:
Who left the cage open

grin grin
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by demelza: 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
tpia1:

this is not normal.

check your life.

are you depressed?
Hell to da naw!!! I dont mean to toot my horn but I am a walking sunshine. Why sit depressed when I can go spread my light or fawn over Taylor Lautner? As for abusing older peepz, I may consider doing that when mum & dad think Im too old to be punished but for now, I still detest dad's tongue lashings and mom's ever-ready-to-beat hands. So I'll wait.
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by demelza: 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
tpia1: are you male or female?

i see you've strenously avoided identifying yourself as either, in all your posts.

that suggests you have another id, and from your thread topic, you're probably one of the foul mouth ones- correct me if i'm wrong.

I think its foul-mouthed, besides is there a club of the foul mouth ones cause I might consider signing up. And I dont see how my gender has to do with my question but if you think it does weelll... Gudluck
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2012
Demelza I like you. Can?... Tpia, you seem to me like someone who jumps into conclusions.
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by joey4jo: 8:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
demelza:
Hey buster, its because I neva chop belleful of what life has got to offer, thats why I just seeked for help. You should try it too, it doesn't take rocket science to do so. Now go back to thinking about your cup of garrium, we wouldn't want you starving
Naïve!!
I don't mean it literally, sweddy.. Until you can interprete sarcasim better, I suggest you stop bothering about growing grey hair and go watch cartoon..
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by outrage: 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
For thoes who are wondering the sex, shes a female... Obviously, from reading her post. The handler too, has pink written all over it.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
I remember feeling like this back when I turned 17! To me, it was like "whoooa, I'm 17 now"!! cry cry.
I thought I was getting so old and I was only turning 17!!

20 is such a fun age! Make good decisions for yourself and be happy. And be grateful you're living to celebrate another birthday because many did not get that opportunity. Always something to be thankful for.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by mojounited(m): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
Yield, so how old are you now?
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
^

Guess. tongue
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by mojounited(m): 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
^Hehe, you don't wanna try me...I'm a psychic! Any prize if I get it right? wink

Range: 23 - 25 y/o
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by Nobody: 3:34am On Dec 07, 2012
^ You're right. It's one of those. Good thinking. As for your prize, since you made a good guess, you get, erm, hmmm... an e-hug. smiley
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by mojounited(m): 4:15am On Dec 07, 2012
^What a bluff! Seriously, e-hug? Was thinking imma get an invite for a coffee/dinner date or something real... Oh well sad #back to sleep
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 07, 2012
Yield, can I get to know you.
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 07, 2012
Ur username says it all.
Demeiza?? Dementia
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by dmcdad: 9:21am On Dec 07, 2012
Can someone elucidate more on the essence of this thread? I really feel the thread is discombobulated...

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by ifyeky(m): 9:52am On Dec 07, 2012
demelza: undecided
Finally, someone who understands me. Part of this anxiety I must admit comes from me feeling like I havent achieved enough and that time is now ticking louder. Uggghhh ....... Sumthings just sucks

Hey! Dnt get it twisted dear
Re: Help! I Am Scared Of Getting Older!!! by Akshow: 10:57am On Dec 07, 2012
demelza:
Who left the cage open
your mum i guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SHAME: Minister’s Daughter Nakked Photos Leak Online [photos] / When Your Partner Has A Crush On A Celebrity / Valentine's Day: Lagos Warns Events Centres To Get Permit For Shows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.