Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Bible Answers All Things?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Answers All Things?? (3485 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / ‘world’s Ugliest Woman’ Proves That Jesus Makes All Things Beautiful / Truth And Error In The Church. Proving All Things. Brethren, Let Us Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
engrtee:

waitn 4 responce

I dey come cheesy
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 7:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
engrtee: Law of diminishn return

This simple means that all natural resources(including human) will deplete and eventually fail. Ecclesiastes 12 talks about them, I give you the first verse, but you should read it up till verse 8.

1 Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, “I find no pleasure in them”—(ecclesiastes 12:1 )

1 Like

Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Sweetnecta: 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
@okeyxyz:
by okeyxyz(m): 1:01am
You need to specify what principles you want referenced in the bible. Dropping one-liners is not giving much information to go by.

Sweetnecta:
give me the big ban.g theory.

The big b.ang thoery, according to the general theory of relativity agrees that the universe(all matter, energy, space, time) has a beginning, that It has not always been. It also agrees that whatever caused the universe to begin must exist outside these realms of matter\energy, space & time. This is precisely the description god and the story in genesis.

In the beginning god created the heavens and the earth...(Genesis 1:1)

then give logicboy03 his coming from ape idea.

Evolution from ape to man is a lie. I cannot validate a lie.
so it is, logicboy03. the op says your belief is a lie.
@logicboy03: read what is said about your faith. faith is what you truly believe in.

just a bonus question; make 3 to be 1 and 1 to be 3 and mathematically or scientifically justify it.

What exactly do you mean here? Help me and I will give you an answer.
unless you are a jew, which i seriously doubt, most nigerians who are bible preachers/users are christians. you must be a christian, as you dont seem to be a pagan and you are definitely not a muslim. muslim does not stand his argument on the shoulder of the Bible, because Quran is enough along with the explanations in the haditth and actions in the sunnah.

as a christian, i do take it that you say your God is Jehovah [Yahweh, I Am, Elohim, etc are also His Names]. is this correct?

But you also agree that The Holy Ghost [Holy Spirit] is also God. It was this God that got Mary pregnant, yet you say the son delivered is son of Yahweh.

But you also agree that The Christ [Jesus] is also God. It is clear from my understanding of your christian faith that Jesus is son of Mary. But Holy Spirit is the God that got her pregnant, though not her husband and not her son either. Finally, Jehovah is the God that neither got Mary pregnant nor son of Mary as Jesus is.

What i see above are three Gods, namely; Jehovah who is different from both Holy Ghost and Jesus. But Jesus is different from Holy Ghost and both of them are Gods, too.

But with the concept of 3 Persons being Gods; Jehovah "The Father" God, Jesus "The son" God and the third The Holy Spirit "The Ghost" God, you say these 3 are just 1 God in your Biblical belief, considering that you believe that the Old Testament God from before Adam, in dealing with Moses operated as 1 God without partner or image on earth or in heaven.

Explain to me how 1 God in OT is 3 in NT's Trinity while Jesus declared that the God of his people/listeners is 1 Who is also his own God. When Jesus said this, it is clear that Jesus was not God as his disciples also confirmed it by saying "Your servant Jesus, who You sent" and "Jesus a "man approved by God amongst you".

so explain how 3 in Trinity is 1 in OT and 1 in OT is 3 in NT.

1 Like

Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
engrtee: atomic theory

What exactly do you mean by atomic theory? pls explain..

like poles repel, unlike charges attract

Well, the simplest illustration of this is that s.ex should be between man and woman. This is the natural design. This attraction is validated by the fruit(baby) it produces.

27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error(Romans 1:27).

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them(Genesis 1:27 ).
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by wiegraf: 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
Atheist:-D:
Vestigial organ like the appendix. If God made all things to have a purpose then what is the purpose of the appendix?

Evil? What is the purpose of evil?

God? What is Gods purpose? Can God have a purpose?

This one is good...
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mazaje(m): 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2012
What the biblical solution to natural disaters like tsunami and hurricanes. .Humans have created the early warning systems and others are now trying to create devices that will alter the tempreture of hurracanes when they are building up so that their intensity will be greatlyb reduced. . The biblical solution to such natural disasters is what? . . .
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mazaje(m): 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2012
Biblical solution to water conservation is what?. . .What about global warming?. . .
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mazaje(m): 8:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
Where in the bible were dinosours mentioned?. . .What about micro organisms?. . .Do they have any mention in the bible?. . .Any thing about computers?. . .
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
advocate666: Interplanetary gravitational pull.

The law of gravity imitates god's principle of dominion. The more spiritual will you exercise, the more spiritual mass you gather and circumstances naturally gravitate towards you, they will test you and eventually work in your favour. He who has more spiritual will(faith) will dorminate & rule over others of lesser will(faith), like the planets are ruled by the sun.

So, god has given man the strongest will\intelligence(spirit) of all his creation, that's why he's inventive to control and rule nature.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."(Genesis 1:26)
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by AtheistD(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
smiley

Apes have a functional appendix grin

How come in the early foetal (embryonic) stage the foetus has a tail? Most mammal foetus in the early stages look similar. They have that identifiable stage with a small tail. This is the look of the sea creatures that most mamals evolved from.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mazaje(m): 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
okeyxyz:

The law of gravity imitates god's principle of dominion. The more spiritual will you exercise, the more spiritual mass you gather and circumstances naturally gravitate towards you, they will test you and eventually work in your favour. He who has more spiritual will(faith) will dorminate & rule over others of lesser will(faith), like the planets are ruled by the sun.

So, god has given man the strongest will\intelligence(spirit) of all his creation, that's why he's inventive to control and rule nature.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."(Genesis 1:26)

So this is your answer to interplanetary gravitational pull?. . . .Really?
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by AtheistD(m): 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2012
Vestigial organ like the appendix. If God made all things to have a purpose then what is the purpose of the appendix?
You are supposed to tell me how your chosen phenomenon works and I will give you a bible mapping of the same principle.

Evil? What is the purpose of evil?
Spiritually, Evil simply means to be against, to be an adversary.

God? What is Gods purpose? Can God have a purpose?
Like I said before, give me an answer and I'd give you a bible reference for the same principle.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by AtheistD(m): 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
Magnetism?
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
smiley

Apes have a functional appendix grin

And what is this function?
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
How can anyone think everything that has existed, exists and will exist is in rhe bible? How many pages is the bible again? It is just a vague book being interpreted to mean different things.

You think in terms of quantity, while the bible thinks in terms of attributes or behaviour(spirit). Whether a rat, an elephant, a dog, a lion or chimpanzee, they are all mammals, so if you account for one mammal, then you account for all mammals. cheesy
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by AtheistD(m): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
okeyxyz:

And what is this function?

To digest nuts, leaves, grass and other types of vegetation.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
Sweetnecta: @okeyxyz:

so explain how 3 in Trinity is 1 in OT and 1 in OT is 3 in NT.

I understand why You don't agree with the trinity that christians preach. Even these christians don't understand it themselves. But I explain briefly:

First, there is the father, The maker of all things, the original God.
Then, there is the Holy spirit, which is the principle(just like the principles of physics, mathematics, etc) by which god creates all things and controls nature.
Finally, there is the Son, Jesus Christ, he alone god has given(revealed) this power to. Just like a father gives inheritance to his son.
So while the father and son are persons, the holy spirit is not. The holy spirit is a knowledge\power.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2012

To digest nuts, leaves, grass and other types of vegetation.

Well, If this is the case, then I use this verse I'd given to @logicboy before:

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful(John 15:1-2)

Since we don't have the same dietary habits as apes and we now use fire to aid digestion, then our bodies have discarded the use of the appendix that would have assisted.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mazaje(m): 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
What the biblical explantion as to why we are the only animals that cry and shed tears?. . .What is the biblical explantion for cell division?. . .
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by AtheistD(m): 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
okeyxyz:

Well, If this is the case, then I use this verse I'd given to @logicboy before:

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful(John 15:1-2)

Since we don't have the same dietary habits as apes and we now use fire to aid digestion, then our bodies have discarded the use of the appendix that would have assisted.

Finally!!!! You.took your time but you got there wink

Why... because you have just highlighted my query. Why do we have the appendix if we dont need it? Why is it there if we now digest through another means? Does this not also indicate our roots? Our ancestors diet was very different because our ancestors were different. smiley
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2012

Finally!!!! You.took your time but you got there wink

Why... because you have just highlighted my query. Why do we have the appendix if we dont need it? Why is it there if we now digest through another means? Does this not also indicate our roots? Our ancestors diet was very different because our ancestors were different. smiley

Okay! I see your point now. Nice!!!
But it is not proof of ancestry, rather it is proof of a common creator. We are of same class in terms of mammals & primates, not that we evolved from them. If you have any knowlege of engineering, you'd understand that models are derived from other models to make different(though related) structures.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 9:57pm On Dec 07, 2012
mazaje:
So this is your answer to interplanetary gravitational pull?. . . .Really?

While we as humans look at the material universe, The bible explains that the material world are a shadow of spiritual phenomena. They illustrate how god works,

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse(Romans 1:20).
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by AtheistD(m): 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
okeyxyz:

Okay! I see your point now. Nice!!!
But it is not proof of ancestry, rather it is proof of a common creator. We are of same class in terms of mammals & primates, not that we evolved from them. If you have any knowlege of engineering, you'd understand that models are derived from other models to make different(though related) structures.

I am an engineer. All models are based on a basic model. Other models are modifications of this model. So we agree that. This model was the earlier evolutionary species we come from. Which by the way is a type of ape as are we.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by advocate666: 10:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
LCD screens.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mazaje(m): 10:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
Genes. . .
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by Kay17: 12:12am On Dec 08, 2012
Principle of centrifugal force?!

But its amazing the level human creativity can reach. I liked the light reference to god
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by okeyxyz(m): 3:15am On Dec 08, 2012

I am an engineer. All models are based on a basic model. Other models are modifications of this model. So we agree that. This model was the earlier evolutionary species we come from. Which by the way is a type of ape as are we.

As an engineer(creator), we do not speak in terms of evolution, as it implies that the creature devised it's own nature, rather we speak in terms of implementation. So god simply did not implement the appendix for humans because the functionality was not required.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by AtheistD(m): 5:08am On Dec 08, 2012
okeyxyz:

As an engineer(creator), we do not speak in terms of evolution, as it implies that the creature devised it's own nature, rather we speak in terms of implementation. So god simply did not implement the appendix for humans because the functionality was not required.

Good comeback but decidedly wrong. The creature (we) became what it became based on its reaction to its environment. This is known as adaptation. Our appendix is slightly different to the others in terms of size etc.

As an engineer put on your hypothetical cap for a brief moment and imagine this scenario:

Assume the world gets hotter every year. The CO2 levels also rise to a proportion where it is nearly double its current amount. Plant life reduces to a third. This indicates that the global volume of O2 will be a lot less than it is now. Let us assume for arguments sake it becomes half of what it is now. Let us also assume that there is less rainfall and hence land is more arid.

Without technology to help out we can assume that we will have to adapt to this new environment so:

1. We will most likely become thinner and taller so that we consume less water and have a greater surface area for cooling.

2. Larger lungs to take in more air to get the CO2.

3. Diet will differ based on what can be grown in arid land and this will change our digestive system.

Man will now be different from the man of the 21st century.

Imagine a similar scenario happening a multitude of times. With each climatic change having an effect on our physiology.
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mkmyers45(m): 10:55am On Dec 08, 2012
okeyxyz:

I don't know what exactly you want to know about colonial organization of insects, but the bible uses them to illustrate how we must be continuously active in god's laws(spirit) in order to yield fruit\profit. Not just choosing god's laws when we think we need his intervention. It is the faith you excercise in the time of comfort that will see you through the difficult times.

6 Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! 7 It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, 8 yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest(proverbs 6:6-8 ).

24 “Four things on earth are small, yet they are extremely wise: 25 Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer(proverbs 30:24-25 );

But the ant does have leaders and commanders....isn't the Bible mistaken here?
Re: Bible Answers All Things?? by mkmyers45(m): 11:00am On Dec 08, 2012
okeyxyz:

The uncertainty principle states that you cannot have a precise measurement of the position of a particle and it's momemtum at the same time. the more you know one, the less you know the other.

God's spirit is likened to the uncertainty principle: meaning that he does not exist in one condition\circumstance exclusively, and if you isolate a particular situation(wether good or bad) thinking that is the ideal condition for god to operate, then you loose out on the rest of his operations.

Ecclesiastes 11 talks about this, but I'll give you two verses:

4 Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap(eccl 11:4).

6 Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well(eccl 11:6).

John 3:8 also gives an insight on this principle:

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."(John 3:8 )

You can tell where the wind is coming from,the magnitude and direction so incorrect no?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheist In Indonesia Jailed For 2 Years+ Because He Doesnt Believe In God! / Your View About Abortion... / The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.