Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

The Essence Of Christmas - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Essence Of Christmas (2280 Views)

The Essence Of Theme. / The Last Week Of Christmas: A Sideline Story / Poetry: Essence Or Beauty- Which Is More Important (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Essence Of Christmas by valicious1(m): 6:17am On Dec 07, 2012
It is december, the month of christmas. Carols coming from every store, television set & radio, from church choir & ordinary people caught-up in the spirit of the season. Some of the carols are secular, some sacred with their various deep meanings.
This month, I heard 3 different people talk about december, they all said the same thing:, oh my "its december, an expensive month". This caugh my attention, why is it that people are talking about an expensive month instead of being happy that it is almost christmas. We give each other presents but do we really know the essence of christmas?. Jesus himself said, "love thy neighbour as thyself". Christmas is the celebration of the birth of christ. A time for us to understand the lessons from Jesus & reflect on them. Jesus brougt a new religion based on love & the vision of a God who is full of compassion & forgiveness; a vision of doing everything with a positive mindset & from a place of love.
In today's day & time, it is easy to lose sight of the true meaning of christmas. Amidst the delicious meals, sweet drinks, lovely songs & dances, beautiful friends & family members we would come across this season, let's try not to forget about the child, born on a winter night so cold, whose bed was made only of hay & animal food; our lord Jesus christ, who taught us all what real, genuine & unconditional love is. As we celebrate the birth of our saviour, let's be human & kind enough to remember & show some love to those motherless babies, helpless orphans, hospital patients, prisoners, beggars & all those who are not fortunate enough to be actively involved in the celebration of the birth of our lord & saviour Jesus christ.
Happy christmas.
ValiciouS.
Re: The Essence Of Christmas by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 07, 2012
Christmas is an unnecessary feast and has nothing to do with Jesus or Christianity! it's not in the bible either, 25th Dec. was a celebrated as the pagan sun god's birthday even before Christianity came. not long ago, the catholic pope broke the silence by revealing that Jesus's birth date was not Dec 25.
nevertheless, Christmas has been hijacked and converted to a time for increment in prices of food items, clothes, transport, etc. a time for alcoholism, $ex, robbery, unnecessary road accident, etc.
The only special thing about December, it's the last month of the year and we appreciate and show gratitude for God's guidance and blessings from January and we ask for more blessings in the coming year.
Re: The Essence Of Christmas by valicious1(m): 7:22am On Dec 07, 2012
O.T.I.S:
Christmas is an unnecessary feast and has nothing to do with Jesus or Christianity! it's not in the bible either, 25th Dec. was a celebrated as the pagan sun god's birthday even before Christianity came. not long ago, the catholic pope broke the silence by revealing that Jesus's birth date was not Dec 25.
nevertheless, Christmas has been hijacked and converted to a time for increment in prices of food items, clothes, transport, etc. a time for alcoholism, $ex, robbery, unnecessary road accident, etc.
The only special thing about December, it's the last month of the year and we appreciate and show gratitude for God's guidance and blessings from January and we ask for more blessings in the coming year.
Thanks for your contribution but please this thread is for christians who believe in the existence & authenticity of christmas. Atheists keep off!
Re: The Essence Of Christmas by iamSi(m): 7:27am On Dec 07, 2012
valicious1:
Thanks for your contribution but please this thread is for christians who believe in the existence & authenticity of christmas. Atheists keep off!

Can someone please READ his bible cover to cover_ Can someone please do personal research?_ Honest one_ Is that what your Pastor told you or what the bible says...How old was Jesus when he died? You think he died as a child for him not to know how to celebrate his birthday?_did his immediate appostles even celebrate his birthday_ BUNCH of Hyporites_see kettle callin the pots black_U dont av to argue Ooo_in the end we'll kno wu the atheist is _
Re: The Essence Of Christmas by iamSi(m): 7:30am On Dec 07, 2012
What season was Jesus Born_ what season are we celebrating his birth_ even the Pope confirmed it that he was not born December 25_ I dont have to post the link_ READ UR BIBLE well_
Re: The Essence Of Christmas by valicious1(m): 7:45am On Dec 07, 2012
iamSi: What season was Jesus Born_ what season are we celebrating his birth_ even the Pope confirmed it that he was not born December 25_ I dont have to post the link_ READ UR BIBLE well_
I have no doubt you are a jehova's witness. All your sect does is to tumble the bible towards ur direction & mislead ur followers. If you read my post well, u would have observed that my main point was all about showing love to the less priviledged during the yuletide.
Re: The Essence Of Christmas by iamSi(m): 8:34am On Dec 07, 2012
Hmmmmmmm really? But for one thing I have to admire ur maturity...ur sense of higher reasonings
But we can always care for the less priviledged anytime of the year just as Jesus himself did, my brother...
...Were u sayin Pope Benedict is a Jehovah's Witness or u were referin to me?...cos dat was the Pope's words not mine.
He Affirmed that Jesus wasnt born Dec 25...

Pls take ur time to check this link: http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2012/11/21/the-christian-calendar-has-jesus-birth-year-wrong/?wt=4

Plus how possible can I read the bible if bn turned upside down_ 'I no be Vampire now'_
I am now sayin we shldnt celebrate now_ but the bible disagree the fact of Jesus our Lord and Saviour bn born December 25

Abi? Could it be reasonable and mental for me to celebrate my birthday on Jan 1 cos its a special day , wen I was born October 30?

My brother, we are not compelled to believe_ but we just need to be honest with ourselves_
We dont have to celebrate cos its been a long time comin_ Please dnt forget to read Pope's comment
One Love brother mi _ I am SI whats ur neeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiimmm Boss
Re: The Essence Of Christmas by valicious1(m): 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
iamSi: Hmmmmmmm really? But for one thing I have to admire ur maturity...ur sense of higher reasonings
But we can always care for the less priviledged anytime of the year just as Jesus himself did, my brother...
...Were u sayin Pope Benedict is a Jehovah's Witness or u were referin to me?...cos dat was the Pope's words not mine.
He Affirmed that Jesus wasnt born Dec 25...

Pls take ur time to check this link: http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2012/11/21/the-christian-calendar-has-jesus-birth-year-wrong/?wt=4

Plus how possible can I read the bible if bn turned upside down_ 'I no be Vampire now'_
I am now sayin we shldnt celebrate now_ but the bible disagree the fact of Jesus our Lord and Saviour bn born December 25

Abi? Could it be reasonable and mental for me to celebrate my birthday on Jan 1 cos its a special day , wen I was born October 30?

My brother, we are not compelled to believe_ but we just need to be honest with ourselves_
We dont have to celebrate cos its been a long time comin_ Please dnt forget to read Pope's comment
One Love brother mi _ I am SI whats ur neeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiimmm Boss
Ok tanx for the info. God bless you.
Re: The Essence Of Christmas by iamSi(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2012
valicious1:
Ok tanx for the info. God bless you.

You forgot to tell me ur name bro_ abi u dnt want to tell me ni
Re: The Essence Of Christmas by valicious1(m): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2012
iamSi:

You forgot to tell me ur name bro_ abi u dnt want to tell me ni
Am valicious val. Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Poetry In Motion / Is Self Publishing Ur Book A Good Idea In Nigeria? / From The Heart Of A Sapiosexual...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.