Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education (6249 Views)

NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) / Buhari Receives Ufot Ekong, Nigerian Student That Solved 30yr Old Math Puzzle / Uniport Graduates 41 First Class Out Of 18000 Graduating Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
Delta state Government under the leadership of Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan has today, as her custom, presented a scholarship of Five Million Naira (N5,000,000) to each of her first Class Graduates to further their educational career in any University of their choice. Delta state Government also gave Fifty Thousand naira (N50,000) each to her Students in the Nigeria Law School (2011 and 2012 Batches) to make-up their scholarship of One Hundred Thousand (N100,000) as promised by the State Government

http://www.isokomirror.com/2012/12/07/first-class-graduates-receives-n5million-to-further-education/

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Dogbeji2: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2012
Uduaghan working tirelessly to deliver on his three point agenda. Who can sustain this tempo after him? The man works from Monday to Sunday and has no time for leisure .
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2012
He did it in a perfect way, nd what she we say? Thank You...
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Osama10(m): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
Hmmmn, until my madam collects hers no comments.
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 12:46am On Dec 08, 2012
Osama10: Hmmmn, until my madam collects hers no comments.
hahahahahaha she will surely did
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by dafman10(m): 5:36am On Dec 08, 2012
ogusbaba1:
hahahahahaha she will surely did

pls ooo wen she eventually surely DID, hope d madam go let d oga knw abt d DID

3 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by otokx(m): 6:31am On Dec 08, 2012
Hope the awardees after graduation can come back and develop the state, its not by dashing them money they should have employed all of them in the state university first then bond them and then encourage them to study up to Phd levels and then return back to lecture and work wonders in the state university which Uduaghan should try and develop infrastructurally to world standard.
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by MajeOfficial: 6:55am On Dec 08, 2012
great meritocratic gesture. someone fill me in on this guy, good governor? bad governor?
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 7:20am On Dec 08, 2012
otokx: Hope the awardees after graduation can come back and develop the state, its not by dashing them money they should have employed all of them in the state university first then bond them and then encourage them to study up to Phd levels and then return back to lecture and work wonders in the state university which Uduaghan should try and develop infrastructurally to world standard.
u knw d ansa already tongue Gud one na
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 7:21am On Dec 08, 2012
otokx: Hope the awardees after graduation can come back and develop the state, its not by dashing them money they should have employed all of them in the state university first then bond them and then encourage them to study up to Phd levels and then return back to lecture and work wonders in the state university which Uduaghan should try and develop infrastructurally to world standard.

pray for him to do so tongue
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by MajeOfficial: 7:41am On Dec 08, 2012
with ideas like that you should run for office cool
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 7:43am On Dec 08, 2012
[quote author=]
with ideas like that you should run for office cool[/quote]
OH! How?
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by FrankC3: 7:59am On Dec 08, 2012
The next thing is a policy of deliberate breeding between these first class folks. Just in case it has anything to do with hereditary. The idea will be to produce folks who are smarter than Uduaghan, who have gained from the State and who will understand sacrifice. Before they part with the money, they should be locked up in an isolated area and taught a thing or two about civics, leadership, responsibility and sacrifice. They should also be forced to read good books- Biographies of great men and women. Maybe, just maybe, after then a few of them will develop a sense of service, they already have the grey matter.

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by dridowu: 8:10am On Dec 08, 2012
Well 9ce move , is d but have dy received d money or is just propanganda.
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Etumgbe(m): 8:12am On Dec 08, 2012
This is unfair ooo. What of us the THIRD CLASS graduates?
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Sijo01(f): 8:14am On Dec 08, 2012
Nice one!
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 8:15am On Dec 08, 2012
Etumgbe: This is unfair ooo. What of us the THIRD CLASS graduates?

ahahhahaha third clasS?
huh?
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 08, 2012
go bak to yr one and mek it bro
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 08, 2012
both dose wey sort don folow odas dey jolicate. ASUU is watching o grin

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2012
chiover: go bak to yr one and mek it bro
hahaha funny thought
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2012
This is very good to hear! Since Nigerian governments compulsively waste public funds on all kinds of frivolities, they might as well 'waste' some of the awoof money on people that have actually done something to deserve it. This is certainly an incentive for brilliant folks to take their studies more seriously.

If my state government had been this thoughtful, perhaps I would have cut down a few extra hours of beer-drinking time just to make first class. Lol.
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Clemzy16(m): 8:29am On Dec 08, 2012
Run for governorship position; they need people of your class! Back-to-topic=> Questions that comes to mind.. Do these people really worth the FIRST CLASS In the first place?! Can they defend their result?! Is this not an avenue to squander more money?! The answer is best known amongst them.
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by mrkels(m): 8:34am On Dec 08, 2012
[size=15pt]Indeed, shebi na the delta state I dey too when my junoir brother get sharp firstclass and me get sharp 4. Sometin 2.1, y was he not contacted? Abegi... Even the nddc scholarship I applied for was rubbish too(they gave it to some selected few)...mtcheeeeew. The painful part is all these ones would go and dash that money to the UK govt and come back immediately after 1 year because there's no chance of getting it back after giving so much to their over priced academic system.[/size]
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Myself2(m): 8:36am On Dec 08, 2012
Hmmmm.....
The short devil and his publicity stunts...
Now how do we know which of the "first class graduates" merit the award,I know that a first class graduate from a UI or OAU is not exactly the same as one from a Covenant or one of the commercial venture universities,where first class is dished out to encourage parents/guardians to send their children/wards to those schools.
There should be some form of academic tests in the fields of the respective "first class graduates" and a cut-off mark for qualification be set.

BTW,the chap on the left looks a bit like Uduaghan,hope there's no ancestral connection,also the chic with the handbag in the front row(fifth from right)is to die for,such beauty and brains.I think I just found me a wife
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by enigmagu1(m): 8:37am On Dec 08, 2012
dafman10:

pls ooo wen she eventually surely DID, hope d madam go let d oga knw abt d DID

DID in DID
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Myself2(m): 8:38am On Dec 08, 2012
enigmagu1:

DID in DID

Did indeed
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 08, 2012
Clemzy16: Run for governorship position; they need people of your class! Back-to-topic=> Questions that comes to mind.. Do these people really worth the FIRST CLASS In the first place?! Can they defend their result?! Is this not an avenue to squander more money?! The answer is best known amongst them.

Well, that is my only fear. I can vouch for first class graduates from certain schools/departments, but I don't know how watery the first class degrees of some students from certain schools might be. Then again, I hope that at the very least, the most 'watery' first class degree is worth not less than a 'strong' 2.1 in another more reputable school. That would be fair enough.
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ozodigboo(m): 8:39am On Dec 08, 2012
Now, the next step is to encourage these fine young men & women, to co-habit, have s.e-x, and produce exceedingly brilliant young chaps for the future of our great Delta. it will work. Uduaghan knows.He is a doctor.

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 8:44am On Dec 08, 2012
pro01: This is very good to hear! Since Nigerian governments compulsively waste public funds on all kinds of frivolities, they might as well 'waste' some of the awoof money on people that have actually done something to deserve it. This is certainly an incentive for brilliant folks to take their studies more seriously.

If my state government had been this thoughtful, perhaps I would have cut down a few extra hours of beer-drinking time just to make first class. Lol.

hahahahaha
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 8:45am On Dec 08, 2012
Clemzy16: Run for governorship position; they need people of your class! Back-to-topic=> Questions that comes to mind.. Do these people really worth the FIRST CLASS In the first place?! Can they defend their result?! Is this not an avenue to squander more money?! The answer is best known amongst them.
na lie jor
Re: First Class Graduates Receives N5million To Further Education by ogusbaba1(m): 8:46am On Dec 08, 2012
mrkels: [size=15pt]Indeed, shebi na the delta state I dey too when my junoir brother get sharp firstclass and me get sharp 4. Sometin 2.1, y was he not contacted? Abegi... Even the nddc scholarship I applied for was rubbish too(they gave it to some selected few)...mtcheeeeew. The painful part is all these ones would go and dash that money to the UK govt and come back immediately after 1 year because there's no chance of getting it back after giving so much to their over priced academic system.[/size]
na where for delta you dey?

(1) (2) (Reply)

CHRISLAND RAPE: See Who Is To Be Blamed / Brutal Realities Of Life After A Nuclear War/Apocalypse. / Uniport Set To Open School Portal Weeks After Students Protested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.