Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,765 members, 7,806,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? (42195 Views)

NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by trent9002(m): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
Nirvana. I miss Cobain
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by purplebrown: 11:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Linkin park
Zebra & Giraffe
You Me At Six
Thousand Foot Krutch
Prime Circle
Bon Jovi
The Polotones
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nightshift(m): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
John Cougar made my teenage years. I listened to his music between my Saturday morning breakfast of Akamu(with Peak milk) and fried plantain .

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by daylae(m): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
I believe music is rock n rock is music. I dont joke with these gospel rock bands: third day,jars of clay,switchfoot,tenth avenue north,fray etc.

Also luv hoobastank,3 doors down,nickelback,and blink182.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Heathen(m): 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
Favourite rock bands:
The Strokes- can't get enough of macchu picchu and under the cover of darkness
30 seconds to mars
Queen
Ram di dam
Boston
Fallout Boys
[b]Breaking phorking Benjamin!!![\b]
The automatic- Monster
Cold play
Counting Crows
Even a little of Smash mouth
The black keys
I could go on and on and on and on........
Edit: how did i forget green day?

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Troll: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
@inspbado You forgot to add Ed Sheeran - The A Team
I think he's the most underrated artist from the U.K. His album (+) was tha ish.
My favourite rock album still remains Nickelback's Darkhorse.
My favourite rock video is Maroon 5 - She will be loved,
While my favourite Rock legend is Kurt Cobain from Nirvana (R.I.P Forever 27)

...I prefer to download songs and videos from itunes store though. You get lyrics and full album art. It's fun playing these songs from an ipod/iphone. (That's the only thing I like about Apple though) tongue
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Affiliated(m): 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
claremont: Dead By April

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xFDmYl3l6w

Hi. How do you make the video show on nairaland? Nice video by the way Bless4ever I understand you feel the need to seek attention from every nook and cranny but trying to impose your morals on people who didn't ask for it or particularly want it will just make you enemies faster than you can say unrighteousness. Since we are on the internet it doesn't really count because no one knows you but please don't do that in real life
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by magaliyu(f): 11:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
This thread reminds me of SLASH with his magic fingers,I am down with Ozzy Osbourne,Aerosmith,Meatloaf,Nirvana,Bon Jovi,Maroon 5,6 Feet Below,not forgotten RASMUS..try his song IN THE SHADOWS.Nigeria is time to rock'n'roll.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by kishimi8(m): 11:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
aha thought i was alone outthere .aerosmith rules .metallica on point , nickleback da bomb, the frays .. the list goes on ,
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Next2Bezee(m): 11:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
Blink 182

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dude, its Blink182
daylae: I believe music is rock n rock is music. I dont joke with these gospel rock bands: third day,jars of clay,switchfoot,tenth avenue north,fray etc.

Also luv hoobastank,3 doors down,nickelback,and blink183.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by claremont(m): 11:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
Swedish House Mafia-- Don't you worry child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1MN4pR5wXM

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
blessed4ever: Any satanic-inspiredmusic should be avoided...

blah....blah...blah blah...blah blah blah fuckin' blah!

My cuz told me a "high profile" patient went missing at Yaba Left. That you?

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by naptu2: 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
OASIS!
Hootie and the Blowfish
Aerosmith
Van Halen
The Beatles
Nirvana
Greenday
Nickelback
Creed
Googoo Dolls
Pearl jam
Live
Bon Jovi
Guns N Roses
Survivor
Fine Young Cannibals
Queen
The Rolling Stones
Alien Ant Farm
Los Lobos
Prince and the New Power Generation
Michael Jackson
Slash
Alanis Morisette
Alanis Morisette
Alanis Morisette
Alanis Morisette

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by eggheaders(m): 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
cold play,nickel back,chemical romance,remy zero,Foo fighters,green day,gorillas,Chris daughtry,coldplay,avril lavigne,cranberries,switch foot and Nirvana.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by eggheaders(m): 11:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
cold play,nickel back,chemical romance,remy zero,Foo fighters,green day,gorillas,Chris daughtry,coldplay,avril lavigne,cranberries,switch foot,the fray,aerosmith,matchbox 20 and Nirvana.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by magaliyu(f): 11:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
Not forgotten MOTORHEAD..they Rock.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Affiliated(m): 11:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
Affiliated:

Hi. How do you make the video show on nairaland? Nice video by the way Bless4ever I understand you feel the need to seek attention from every nook and cranny but trying to impose your morals on people who didn't ask for it or particularly want it will just make you enemies faster than you can say unrighteousness. Since we are on the internet it doesn't really count because no one knows you but please don't do that in real life

SimonAndal:
My cuz told me a "high profile" patient went missing at Yaba Left. That you?

You see what I'm saying?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Achieverbaba: 11:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
The Fray, album 'The Fray'
3DD, album Time of my life
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by ektbear: 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
I like the Beatles a lot.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Heathen(m): 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
also forgot to mention the hoosiers:
There's a hole in your logic
You who know all the answers
You claim science aint magic
And expect me to buy it And Goodbye Mr A
You promised you would love us
But you knew too much
Goodbye Mr A
You had all the answers
But no human touch If life is subtraction
Your number is up
Your love is a fraction
It's not adding up
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by magaliyu(f): 11:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Beattles,Guns'n'rosses,Rollingstones.were once the kings of Rock.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by ROCKJ1(m): 12:03am On Dec 28, 2012
BON JOVI.... All their tracks are hits.... They are my best.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Flygeriansteve: 12:17am On Dec 28, 2012
I breathe, eat, live rock all day all night. It's that genre of music that really always brings a message. You can sing the popular genres without actually coming across sensibly. A hiphop or rap artiste can just string together a few expletives and invectives, or talk abt money or casual sex...but rock? You can do rock without a message!
Coldplay intoxicates me--'message', 'speed of sound', viva la vida, swallowed in sea, yellow, paradise, fix you...in fact, which is not to like?
3 doors down-- away from the sun, here without you, here without you
Hoostabank's The Reason
Lovely Kelly Clarkson. Everything she's ever sung...'break away' my fav
lovely avril lavinge...everything she's ever sung...'complicated' my fav

Gavin deGraw-- my fav 'i don't wanna be'
Keane--my fav 'somewhere only we know'
Pink, Evanescence, Adam Lambert, Jonas Brothers, good old Linkin Park, jojo The Fray: love this band plenty etc etc
More recently, plain white Ts, Train, The Script, One Directions, Colbie Calliat--everything by this damsel...that's as much as can type.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Flygeriansteve: 12:22am On Dec 28, 2012
ekt_bear: I like the Beatles a lot.
How did i forget to mention em as well. Theyre a class of their own...and Fleetwood Mac, reminds me. Anybody know em?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by BabaAlabi: 12:24am On Dec 28, 2012
Linkin Park
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Insanity(m): 12:24am On Dec 28, 2012
COLDPLAY, i hav all their songs on ma phone.
U2
Evanescence, beautiful voice
Foo Fighters
JimmyEatWorld
System of a Down
Kings Of Leon
Greenday
FallOutBoys
Within Temptation
Nirvana
Led Zeppellin
Cranberries
The Connels
Angels and Airwaves
The Novocaines
Fray
Blink182
Daughtry
Aerosmith ETC. Nb(not in order of preference)

Rock ROCKS! cheesy
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by ba7man(m): 12:25am On Dec 28, 2012
That is almost all i listen to(Perfect to drive to). I have only 3 Nigerian songs on my playlist. Fav Rock bands and fav tracks of them are Coldplay( sparks,The Scientist,Charlie Brown). U2( Miracle Drug, Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me , City of Blinding lights). 9 Inch Nails ( Just the way you Imagined(300 soundtrack), We're in this together now(Avengers Soundtrack). I listed theses songs so fellow rockLovers can search and download it too. Enjoy. I can't picture myself driving a Ferrari and listening to Davido or Wizkid in it.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by ocelot2006(m): 12:25am On Dec 28, 2012
Yes I'm a BIG fan of rock. 'love the oldies like Fleetwood Mac, and other groups like Staind, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Civil Twilight, and INCUBUS.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by ocelot2006(m): 12:27am On Dec 28, 2012
And Fallout Boys-thanks for the memories cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria / Mafa Mafa: Davido & His Crew Release Legwork Dance Steps For His New Song / DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE: DJ Glitter – Best Of Seyi Vibez • Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.