Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? (42217 Views)

NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Flygeriansteve: 12:30am On Dec 28, 2012
Nickydrake: And of course there's Green Day.

Also, OP, there's this band, Threadstone. I reckon they're Nigeria's only true rock band, as they do the electric guitar stuff and all, unlike your Rooftop MCs and others.
been in one of their shows sometime ago. They do gospel rock and are quite good. Theyre from the north so explain why they arent exactly ubiquitous.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by eddiebomba(m): 12:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Nickelback all the way!!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Insanity(m): 12:35am On Dec 28, 2012
BabaAlabi: I am sure all you guys have a very high IQ...most intelligent people listen to rock music...as for me the music that sends shivers down my spine and is even better than sex are
Evanescence and Within Temptation(OP and other within temptation lovers may we STAND OUR GROUND in THis SOLEMN HOUR?
2-Linkin Park for sure and Hurts
3-The Fray
So cool to meet other Temptation lovers tho I don't like sharing...

i love Evanescence...i understand d 'shivers'...ℓoℓ Within Temptation,Wow...gosh! i love dis thread!!! Sometimes i feel Rock is the genre right now with the deepest lyrical content. So am not weird after all!!yaay!!!
*listening to Within Temptation-The howling* grin
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by decepticos(m): 12:37am On Dec 28, 2012
Not a real rock fan, but Aerosmith, Queens (the british band), Red hot chilly pepper, Flobots, korn, Nickleback, plain white t's, interest me
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by chamberlin1(m): 12:37am On Dec 28, 2012
:DGood to meet my brothers here. These artists wount bore u at all no matter the song u download. Check any from
Chris daughtry
Lincn Park
Maroon 5
Cold play
Nickelback
Hoobastank
3 doors
U2
Creed
Always hit my tthe kill- 30 seconds to mars wen in the spirit

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 28, 2012
if anyone hates rock, he/she hates life. life is rock. its like the part of your soul yearns for it, moves to the beats,instruments and the voice.

rock is the only genre that covers all genre of music, each of which gives you hope, meaning to life. I'm always inspired.

if you slept with my gf and I'm about to kill you, just play me any of foo fighters songs and you can marry hergrin

rock songs that rocked me all year include
fun- some nights
fun-we are young
foo fighters - these days
gotye-somebody that I used to know
ed sheeran- the a team
lamb of God - ghost walking
jack white- freedom at 21
muse- madness
Philip Philips - home
green day-oh love et al

other rock bands include: kings of Leon, creed, breaking Benjamin,daughtry, linkin park, coldplay, audioslave, seether, shinedown, evanescence, trapt, velvet revolver, jet, 30 seconds to mars, metallica, chemical brothers, gorillaz etc etc etc

ROCK ALWAYS ROCKS wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by naptu2: 12:41am On Dec 28, 2012
I forgot George Thorogood and the Destroyers (Bad to the Bone) and

Elvis Presley (Come On Everybody, Jail House Rock)

Wham/George Michael (faith)
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by djkaneo(m): 12:42am On Dec 28, 2012
Hoobastank
Linkin Park
Avril Lavigne and her band
Nickleback
Maroon 5
Smash mouth
Mean Mr Mustard
ColdPlay
Bon Jovi
MLTR (Michael learns to rock)
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by decepticos(m): 12:43am On Dec 28, 2012
Not a real rock fan, but Aerosmith, Queen (the british band), Red hot chilly pepper, Flobots, korn, Nickleback, plain white t's, interest me
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Insanity(m): 12:47am On Dec 28, 2012
inspbado: Guys please go and listen to the following rock songs;and ur lives will never remain the same again!!smiley
*Snow patrol- called out in the dark.
*Snow patrol- just say yes .
*Snow patrol- run.
*Death cab for cutie- grapevine fires.
*Neon trees-animal.
*Snow patrol- you could be happy(theme song for d British comedy, Gavin and Stacy).
*Ben Howard- call me maybe(cover version of Carly rae jepsen's song;his version sounds way better than hers IMO).
*Ben Howard- move like u want.
*Ben Howard- wolves.
*Rachel. k. Collier- hard road to travel.
*James Vincent Mc morrow- higher love.
*Ed sheeren- drunk.
*Ed sheeren- small bump.
*Ben Howard- only love.
*Joshua radin- friend like you.
*Joshua radin- vegetable car.
*Snow patrol- signal fire.
*Jack Johnson- wrong turn.

Still got more, if u want.
PS: for easy download of the songs I've put up,go to tubidy.mobi. Enjoy and thank me later wink

Tubidy aint good for heavy sound lovers like me wif their 1-3mb songs, i use beemp3.com n u can get any track you want over there, even indian tracts...ℓoℓ.but very large files 5-10mb for a song but its worth it.you can also try mp3skull.com, there я soo many others but it depends on the song i wna download. Rock ROCkS!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by djkaneo(m): 12:48am On Dec 28, 2012
Rock is the real thing. ......Blues and Pop talk about girls and love all the time
Rap and Hip hop and RnB are about money, killing, hating
Raggae talks about oppression and ganga
Rock talks about life in reality.....the way we live it.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Hunkyimage(m): 12:55am On Dec 28, 2012
I 4king luv rock! waz kinda surprized wen i noticed dat d o.p iz an eff... Az 4 me,ma favouritez are :- NICKELBACK(figure u out),METALLICA(indestructible) n' LINKIN PARK(crawlin')

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 28, 2012
slimes: Cold play is my favorite rock band, my best song from them is ... Clocks. Among the others I like are, Nirvana smiley, Nickelback smiley, Oasis smiley, Linkin Park smiley, Hinder wink, Paramore wink, Death Cab for Cabie wink, U2 wink, Deep Purple wink, Maroon 5 wink and Bon Jovi. wink
My favourite rock band is also ColdPlay but my best song from them is Speed of Sound. other from them are; Viva la Vida, Lost, Fix You and Clocks.
Other Rock bands are 3 Doors Down, AC/DC, The Fray, Evanesence, Linkin Park & Limp Bizkit.

Q: Please which is the best site for downloading mp3?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by chamberlin1(m): 1:00am On Dec 28, 2012
djkaneo: Rock is the real thing. ......Blues and Pop talk about girls and love all the time
Rap and Hip hop and RnB are about money, killing, hating
Raggae talks about oppression and ganga
Rock talks about life in reality.....the way we live it.
your on point. Plausible definition of all genres of music. Rock music Rocks!!!.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by BabaAlabi: 1:04am On Dec 28, 2012
Insanity:

i love Evanescence...i understand d 'shivers'...ℓoℓ Within Temptation,Wow...gosh! i love dis thread!!! Sometimes i feel Rock is the genre right now with the deepest lyrical content. So am not weird after all!!yaay!!!
*listening to Within Temptation-The howling* grin
U sabi better thing jare....I have about 20 within temptation songs and about 40 evanescence including some from her fallen album....do you remember bring me back to life?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Djtm(m): 1:05am On Dec 28, 2012
I love casting crowns mehn!!!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by vislabraye(m): 1:10am On Dec 28, 2012
I love soft rock. "One for all and all for one."
There's one that Seal sang. Can't remember the title.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by naptu2: 1:14am On Dec 28, 2012
vislabraye: I love soft rock. "One for all and all for one."
There's one that Seal sang. Can't remember the title.

"One for all and all for one" = Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting?

Seal= "Hey Joe"?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mkakan(m): 1:15am On Dec 28, 2012
coldplay is my number one band.i also love oasis , creed , greenday , blink182, staind
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by naptu2: 1:16am On Dec 28, 2012
That reminds me. . . Jimmy Hendrix - "Hey Joe", "Voodoo Child", etc.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by initiator(m): 1:44am On Dec 28, 2012
Wow coldplay to me can do no wrong. I have everything of theirs. Especially love Talk, Rush of blood to the head, amsterdam, politik, purple hill. Also love Oasis (their classics should be studied in school of rock lol). Then am huge on Florence and the machine. Have y'all noticed British bands are so good?
Then Nivarna's like teen spirit is the stuff of imortality. U2, what more can I say? In naija apart from those Nepa bring the light guys I've not heard much cool stuff save for some of Bez's stuff that's kinda alternative.
cheers peeps!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by drake2(m): 1:46am On Dec 28, 2012
am damn sure, some persons on ds thread were my friends back in U.I(ibadan 1995-2001, 2005).
K, T, J, S,ED..., where are u guys? This is B (Awo hall).
I have not given up Rock, wats new @ ur locations?
I lost ds Sheryl Crow song, 'if it makes u happy'
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by naijathings(m): 2:19am On Dec 28, 2012
the Killers.(when you were young / Mr. Brightside)
Nickleback. - I wanna be a rockstar / photographs and all the songs on that album
ColdPlay is my best - Fix You / the scientist / swallowed in the sea / Green Eyes / clocks
U2 - the saints are coming / Beautiful day
3doorsDown - Landing in London.
GreenDay - bullet in a bible album (the live performance version makes you feel like you are on stage with them)
Avril Avinge - sk8ter boi and all the songs on that album
All American Rejects are good too.

i listen to so many of them but these guys are top for me

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 2:41am On Dec 28, 2012
ALL OF THE ABOVE shocked shocked shocked
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:42am On Dec 28, 2012
I initially started off with alternative/soft rock but I've got to explore other heavier sub-genres. I currently listen to a lot of classic rock, particularly my favourite, Led Zeppelin. Then there is the Rolling Stones, Guns n Roses, Pink Floyd, Jimmy Hendrix (insane solo guitarist), Eric Clapton (with his peculiar blues rock) etc. I still listen to the contemporary acts of Keane, Thirteen Senses, Red Hot Chilli, White Stripes etc. The first rock acts I got into were back in secondary school with Evanescence and Nirvana and those were the days I stopped listening to hip-hop, R&B/Pop.

In my SS1, I could recite almost every reigning rap song. As far back as primary school, I dey cram Tupac and Biggie. Now, I know nothing about hip-hop cos I simply don't listen to it anymore. It's all about Rock, Jazz, New Age and Classical music for me.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by naptu2: 2:52am On Dec 28, 2012
And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

3 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by naptu2: 2:55am On Dec 28, 2012
I could stay awake just hear you breathing,
Watch you smile while you are sleeping,
While you're far away and dreaming.

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment, forever.

Well every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure!

(Dan dan dan dan doom)

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by slyboggie(m): 3:39am On Dec 28, 2012
All American Rejects.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by xcuggsm(m): 3:47am On Dec 28, 2012
I WAS "BORN", "BRED" & "BUTTERED" IN ROCK.MUSIC!! The hard rock/heavy metal genre
My dad came back from d States with a box full of Lps and singled and I was sold on rock music early in life.
when I was in d university in the 80's I had well over 400 rock albums and am still collecting!
Black Sabbath was and still is my favourite heavy metal band. i have all d albums d band ever released and d greatest rock moment of my life was when I caught them live in concert in the UK in d 80's!
Black Sabbath is d daddy of them all as they defined what heavy metal rock came to be!
Their album 'Sabotage' released 1975 is d best heavy metal album ever made.
i also love
Led Zep
Deep Purple
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Metalica
Raindow
Linkin Park
etc etc
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by rocka: 4:03am On Dec 28, 2012
Some of my favorite rock bands have been mentioned by others. In addition, I'll like my Nairaland rocknation to check on these bands:

- System of a Down (SOAD) : Get to know who Serj Tankian is, you wouldn't regret it.

- Chevelle

- Civil twilight

- Five finger death punch

- Theory of a Dead man

- Volbeat

- Tool

- Muse.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 28, 2012
I definetly have a soft spot for rock music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5PuYIsKbe0&feature=plcp&list=PLNakgIyAd-9TetLox8U_N6n99-VCIYCqP

This is actually a love song

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria / Mafa Mafa: Davido & His Crew Release Legwork Dance Steps For His New Song / Fireboy's Album Listening Party: Wizkid, Phyno, Olamide Spotted (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.