Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary (10552 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age (2) (3) (4)

When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by kilimanjaro(m): 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
As the hubby, what would you do? What would you think of her?
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by RudySmith(m): 3:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
there is more to just saying *she lied*, you have to dig deeper and understand why she did and her state of mind at the time. so you must go back and ask her these questions:
* Why did you lie?
* What did you expect to gain from such lie?
* Did you think I was stupid enough not to find out eventually?
* What kind of family/home do you expect to build on deceit?

Her answers would decide on what actions to take.

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Blazay(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
Ignore her of course!
I am already married to her abi? kiss
For berra for worse. . .remember? wink
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Afam4eva(m): 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2012
When your wife lies to you about her salary it means she's preparing for a future without you. That's the sad truth.

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
I really don't care about how much she earn.

So she have no reason to lie.

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Francheezy(m): 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
i neva get wife
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Blazay(m): 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
Get real!
You are ALREADY MARRIED. . . It is your responsibility to build YOUR MARRIAGE THE WAY YOU WANT IT. . .even if she has erred!
Perhaps it is your 'high-handedness' that makes her to TELL LIES!
If the husband has not been STEALING her money for some booze or 'other things' like ashawos and IGBO. . .she would not be forced to tell lies!
If you set a good example. . . she would learn to trust you!
Period!

Marriage is not a bed of roses. . . sometimes you win and sometimes you lose!
No successful marriage comes with a manual of operation. . .UNLESS YOU ARE NOT MARRIED. . . Then wait till you get in to see how difficult for 2 people to agree AT ANY GIVEN TIME!

Thank you! kiss

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 08, 2012
Ask her why she lied,if there is no good reason then At least u now know u married a selfish liar,she should use her money to start buying herself certain things u used to buy her.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
Ask her why she lied,if there is no good reason then At least u now know u married a selfish liar, and be sure that's not all she is been hiding from u.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by mimi321(f): 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
there obv has to be reasons why she lied , maybe your the type that feels that if your wife earns higher then na taboo
well as for me there should be no lying at all there should be communication
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by kilimanjaro(m): 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
Stealing what? The guy is comfortable!
[quote author=Blazay]Get real!
You are ALREADY MARRIED. . . It is your responsibility to build YOUR MARRIAGE THE WAY YOU WANT IT. . .even if she has erred!
Perhaps it is your 'high-handedness' that makes her to TELL LIES!
If the husband has not been STEALING her money for some booze or 'other things' like ashawos and IGBO. . .she would not be forced to tell lies!
If you set a good example. . . she would learn to trust you!
Period!

Marriage is not a bed of roses. . . sometimes you win and sometimes
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by kilimanjaro(m): 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
mimi321: there obv has to be reasons why she lied , maybe your the type that feels that if your wife earns higher then na taboo
well as for me there should be no lying at all there should be communication
Far from that!
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by kilimanjaro(m): 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva: When your wife lies to you about her salary it means she's preparing for a future without you. That's the sad truth.
This one harsh O!
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by sentix(m): 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
Most people here dont understand married women at all!

All Good Women always keep some extra cash from their husband!
Provided the woman is doing somethings in the home with her money I dont think you should be worried about how much she earns. It is your duty to provide for for her!

Make your own money!

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
kilimanjaro:
As the hubby, what would you do? What would you think of her?

Well, there are those who don't believe in revealing ALL to their spouse. So, if you are one of those, depending on the exact lie told, I think their isn't then a good enough reason to take offense.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by salolo(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
nothing, correct her the best way
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by gwas(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2012
Op, my question is: have you been oberving something fishy about her? Is she a chronic liar?
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by TableLeg(m): 4:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
As long as she doesn't neglect her duties as a wife, it is trivial ... It is her salary, she can lie to heaven about it!

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by mimi321(f): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
kilimanjaro:
Far from that!

explain
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by arapoa(m): 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
poster, send her away. i hate it when wives lied to their husband. they could do anything.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by mayorcowboy: 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
i don't think that if a man treat his wife well, she can tell him lies,unless if she have bad adviser.
but let ur wife trust you,if she trusted you she can tell you who wrongfully advise her.
let her confide in you,woman are very easy and good to have.
i love my wife and she have not lied to me i guess. cool kiss
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by TableLeg(m): 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
mayor-cowboy:
i don't think that if a man treat his wife well, she can tell him lies,unless if she have bad adviser.
but let ur wife trust you,if she trusted you she can tell you who wrongfully advise her.
let her confide in you,woman are very easy and good to have.
i love my wife and she have not lied to me i guess. cool kiss
Jesus wept embarassed embarassed

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva: When your wife lies to you about her salary it means she's preparing for a future without you. That's the sad truth.
This is just the fact,she is up to some thing.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Gratia(f): 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
Please people there's reason for her to lie,may be she's afraid that if she tells her husband,he would stop giving her money knowing the type of man she married. She's the one that wears the shoe and knows where it pinches her.
Some men when they know their wife earns high,they will just abandon all †ђξ financial responsibilitiesto the woman..Abeg free the woman jo! Action and reaction are equal and opposite. Oga check yourself well.
My opinion though!

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by eimuhb(f): 5:28pm On Dec 08, 2012

She might have lied if the husband can't handle her earning more than him assuming she earns more.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by EmmaUG: 5:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
arapoa: poster, send her away. i hate it when wives lied to their husband. they could do anything.
u harsh o
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Cuddlemii: 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
If your wife lied about her salary, then, you need to check yourself. That is the sad truth!
I don't blame some women for doing this. Money is the root of all evil and triggers some effects if not properly managed

Some men spend their wife's money on mistresses and night life leaving their wives haggard & dry.
Some kill their wives in order to inherit their wealth & marry younger lovers.
Some men abscond with their wife's money with a younger lover.

It could also be out of humility.
Sometimes you don't want to appear pompous, proud or intimidating, you just want your hubby to love you for you and not feel threatened or obligated.

If a lady keeps her salary away from her man, then, she is playing safe not necessary hoping to spend the man's money.
A lady has to secure her future with the kind two faced men we have all over the place that lack discipline

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
Cuddlemii: If your wife lies about her salary, then, you need to check yourself. That is the sad truth!
I don't blame some women for doing this. Money is the root of all evil and triggers some effects if not properly managed

Some men spend their wife's money on mistresses and night life leaving their wives haggard & dry.
Some kill their wives in order to inherit their wealth & marry younger lovers.
Some men abscond with their wife's money with a younger lover.

It could also be out of humility.
Sometimes you don't want to appear pompous, proud or intimidating, you just want your hubby to love you for you and not feel threatened or obligated.

If a lady keeps her salary away from her man, then, she is playing safe not necessary hoping to spend the man's money.
A lady has to secure her future with the kind two faced men we have all over the place that lack discipline

^^^^ Gbam!!! @ bolded

Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by kilimanjaro(m): 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
@all,
Thanks for the inputs. The point is - the husband is comfortable, he never depends on his wife, this man has built his own house and has two cars.
Why then would she lie?
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by Osareime(f): 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
She probably lied to massage her husbands ego.

Not that lying to one's spouse/husband is good.
Re: When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary by bjcole(m): 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
kilimanjaro: @all,
Thanks for the inputs. The point is - the husband is comfortable, he never depends on his wife, this man has built his own house and has two cars.
Why then would she lie?
There are good ladies & bad ones, if she is a good one, then she is planing for some independence based on what she is facing wit d husband, so i think d husband shd still check himself. D husband shd know better

Does Regular Sex Make A Woman Fat? / "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply / Sex With More Than 20 Women Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer