Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Which Church Do You Attend And Why? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? (12291 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / Nairalanders What Church Do You Attend? / What Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by mboma(m): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2012
teebiz: The reasons why i am a Jehovah's witness:

“Every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit.”—MATT. 7:17.
JESUS said that those falsely professing to serve him would be distinguished from his true followers by their fruits—their teachings and their conduct. (Matt. 7:15-17, 20) Indeed, people are inevitably influenced by what they take into their mind and heart. (Matt. 15:18, 19) Those who are fed falsehoods produce “worthless fruit,” whereas those who are taught spiritual truth produce “fine fruit.”
2 The two kinds of fruits have become clearly manifest during this time of the end. (Read Daniel 12:3, 10.) False Christians have a distorted view of God and often a hypocritical form of godly devotion, whereas those having spiritual insight worship God “with spirit and truth.” (John 4:24; 2 Tim. 3:1-5) They strive to display Christlike qualities. But what about us personally? As you consider the following five identifying marks of true Christianity, ask yourself: ‘Do my conduct and teachings clearly harmonize with God’s Word? Do I beautify the truth in the eyes of those searching for it?’
Live by God’s Word
3 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens,” said Jesus, “but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.” (Matt. 7:21) Yes, it is not the professing of Christianity that pleases Jehovah but the practicing of it. For Christ’s true followers, that involves their whole way of life, including their attitude toward money, secular work, entertainment, worldly customs and celebrations, and marriage and other relationships with fellow humans. False Christians, however, adopt the thinking and ways of the world, which have become increasingly ungodly during these last days.—Ps. 92:7.
4 Accordingly, the prophet Malachi wrote: “You people will again certainly see the distinction between a righteous one and a wicked one, between one serving God and one who has not served him.” (Mal. 3:18) As you reflect on those words, ask yourself: ‘Do I blend in with the world, or do I stand out as different? Do I always strive to fit in with my secular associates, whether at school or at work, or do I remain firm for Bible principles, even speaking up when appropriate?’ (Read 1 Peter 3:16.) Of course, we do not want to appear self-righteous, but we should stand out as different from those who do not love and serve Jehovah.
5 If you see room for improvement, why not pray about the matter and seek spiritual strength through regular Bible study, prayer, and meeting attendance? The more God’s Word becomes a part of you, the more you will produce “fine fruit,” including “the fruit of lips which make public declaration to [God’s] name.”—Heb. 13:15.
Advocate God’s Kingdom
6 Jesus said: “To other cities I must declare the good news of the kingdom of God, because for this I was sent forth.” (Luke 4:43) Why did Jesus make God’s Kingdom the main theme of his ministry? He knew that he himself as King of that Kingdom, along with his resurrected spirit-begotten brothers, would deal with the root causes of mankind’s woes—sin and the Devil. (Rom. 5:12; Rev. 20:10) Hence, he commanded his followers to proclaim that Kingdom until the end of the present system of things. (Matt. 24:14) People who merely profess to be followers of Christ do not engage in this work—in fact, they cannot. Why? For at least three reasons: First, they cannot preach what they do not understand. Second, most of them lack the humility and courage needed to face the ridicule and opposition that may result from sharing the Kingdom message with their neighbors. (Matt. 24:9; 1 Pet. 2:23) And third, false Christians do not have God’s spirit.—John 14:16, 17.
7 Christ’s true followers, on the other hand, understand what God’s Kingdom is and what it will accomplish. Moreover, they give the interests of that Kingdom priority in life, proclaiming it worldwide, with the help of Jehovah’s spirit. (Zech. 4:6) Are you having a regular share in this work? Are you trying to improve as a Kingdom proclaimer, perhaps by spending more time in the ministry or by being more effective in it? Some have tried to improve the quality of their ministry by making better use of the Bible. “The word of God is alive and exerts power,” wrote the apostle Paul, who made it his custom to reason from the Scriptures.—Heb. 4:12; Acts 17:2, 3.
8 When in the door-to-door work, a brother read Daniel 2:44 to a Catholic man and explained how God’s Kingdom will bring about true peace and security. The man responded: “I really appreciate your opening the Bible and showing me what the scripture said instead of just telling me.” When a brother read a scripture to a Greek Orthodox woman, she asked a number of good questions. In this case too, the brother, along with his wife, answered from the Bible. Later, the woman said: “Do you know why I was willing to talk with you? You came to my door with the Bible, and you read from it.”
9 Of course, our literature is important and should be offered in the field. The Bible, however, is our primary tool. So if it has not been your custom to use it regularly in your ministry, why not make it your goal to do so? Perhaps you could select a few key texts that explain what God’s Kingdom is and how it will solve specific problems that concern people in your neighborhood. Then be prepared to read them as you preach from door to door.
Proudly Bear God’s Name
10 “‘You are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘and I am God.’” (Isa. 43:12) Jehovah’s preeminent Witness, Jesus Christ, considered it an honor to bear God’s name and to make it known. (Read Exodus 3:15; John 17:6; Hebrews 2:12.) In fact, because Jesus proclaimed his Father’s name, he was called “the Faithful Witness.”—Rev. 1:5; Matt. 6:9.
11 In contrast, many who claim to represent God and his Son have displayed a shameful attitude toward the divine name, even removing it from their versions of the Bible. Reflecting a similar spirit, a recent directive to Catholic bishops said that “the name of God in the form of the tetragrammaton YHWH is neither to be used or pronounced” during worship. How reprehensible such thinking is!
12 In imitation of both Christ and the great “cloud of witnesses” who preceded him, true Christians proudly use God’s name. (Heb. 12:1) In fact, in the year 1931, God’s servants became even more closely identified with Jehovah by accepting the name Jehovah’s Witnesses. (Read Isaiah 43:10-12.) Thus, in a very special sense, Christ’s true followers became a “people who are called by [God’s] name.”—Acts 15:14, 17.
13 How can we personally live up to our unique name? For one thing, we must faithfully bear witness to God. “Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved,” wrote Paul. “However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth?” (Rom. 10:13-15) Also, we should tactfully expose religious falsehoods that malign our Creator, such as the doctrine of hellfire, which in reality attributes to the God of love the cruel traits of the Devil.—Jer. 7:31; 1 John 4:8; compare Mark 9:17-27.
14 Are you proud to bear the name of your heavenly Father? Do you help others to come to know that holy name? A woman in Paris, France, heard that Jehovah’s Witnesses knew the name of God, so she asked the next Witness she met to show her that name in her Bible. When she read Psalm 83:18, the impact was profound. She began to study the Bible and is now a faithful sister serving in another land. When a Catholic lady living in Australia saw God’s name in the Bible for the first time, she wept for joy. For many years now, she has been a regular pioneer. More recently, when Witnesses in Jamaica showed a woman there God’s name in her own Bible, she too shed tears of joy. So be proud to bear God’s name and, in imitation of Jesus, to make that precious name manifest to all.
“Do Not Be Loving . . . the World”
15 “Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” (1 John 2:15) The world and its fleshly spirit stand in opposition to Jehovah and his holy spirit. Hence, Christ’s true followers do not merely refrain from being a part of the world. They reject it at heart, knowing that as the disciple James wrote, “friendship with the world is enmity with God.”—Jas. 4:4.
16 It can be a challenge to heed James’ words in a world that offers countless temptations. (2 Tim. 4:10) Jesus therefore prayed in behalf of his followers: “I request you, not to take them out of the world, but to watch over them because of the wicked one. They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.” (John 17:15, 16) Ask yourself: ‘Do I strive to be no part of the world? Do others know my stand on unscriptural celebrations and customs as well as on those that may not have a pagan origin but clearly reflect the spirit of the world?’—2 Cor. 6:17; 1 Pet. 4:3, 4.
17 To be sure, our Bible-based stand will not win us the world’s favor, but it may arouse the curiosity of honesthearted ones. Indeed, when such individuals observe that our faith is firmly rooted in the Scriptures and involves our whole way of life, they may respond by, in effect, saying to the anointed: “We will go with you people, for we have heard that God is with you people.”—Zech. 8:23.
Show True Christian Love
18 Jesus said: “You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind” and “you must love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matt. 22:37, 39) That love (a·ga′pe in Greek) is a moral love that takes into account duty, principle, and propriety, but it often includes strong emotion. It can be warm and intense. (1 Pet. 1:22) It is the very opposite of selfishness, for it is reflected in selfless words and deeds.—Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.
19 Because love is a product of God’s holy spirit, it enables true Christians to do what others cannot do, such as overcome racial, cultural, and political barriers. (Read John 13:34, 35; Gal. 5:22) Sheeplike ones cannot help but be moved when they see such love. For example, when a young Jewish man in Israel attended his first Christian meeting, he was amazed to see Jewish and Arab brothers worshipping Jehovah side by side. As a result, he began to attend meetings regularly and accepted a Bible study. Do you show such heartfelt love to your brothers? And do you make it a point to extend a warm welcome to newcomers at your Kingdom Hall, regardless of their nationality, skin color, or social standing?
20 As true Christians, we strive to show love toward all. In El Salvador, a young publisher was studying the Bible with an 87-year-old Catholic woman who clung to her church. One day, the woman became gravely ill and was hospitalized. When she returned home, the Witnesses called and made sure that she had food. This went on for about a month. Nobody from the woman’s church visited. The result? She discarded her images, resigned from her church, and resumed her Bible study. Yes, Christian love has power! It can reach hearts in ways that the spoken word may not.
21 Soon, Jesus will say to all who falsely claim to serve him: “I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.” (Matt. 7:23) Let us, therefore, produce fruitage that honors both the Father and the Son. “Everyone that hears these sayings of mine and does them,” said Jesus, “will be likened to a discreet man, who built his house upon the rock-mass.” (Matt. 7:24) Yes, if we prove to be real followers of Christ, we will receive God’s favor, and our future will be secure, as if founded on rock!
a proud jw....thumbs up
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:22am On Dec 09, 2012
A staunch catholic I am.

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 09, 2012
Assemblies of God...because they preach the undiluted word of God
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 09, 2012
mboma: a proud jw....thumbs up

so, thats why u ve to quote all dis poo abi....

All una wey dey quote dis Jw dude long post ...... Started from Bbpreye no well oooo

Keep it coming!!
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by jamespopo: 10:36am On Dec 09, 2012
what is the doctrine. is it the doctrine that motivate you or the word of God.
let us not be carnal in what we believe
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by charlesditro: 10:42am On Dec 09, 2012
Churches are now products.
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by bbpreye2: 10:51am On Dec 09, 2012
Some people are church ashawoos!
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by omoalayo(m): 10:54am On Dec 09, 2012
BBM.... Boko Haram Bombing Ministry... 6 of our pastors were arrested some days ago....

1 Like

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by SlyIg(f): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2012
Im proudly a catholic. Reason: by birth.
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 09, 2012
SlyIg: Im proudly a catholic. Reason: by birth.
wow ..same umblical cord holds us together
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by ijawkid(m): 11:02am On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:
Please share your's.

I attend Back to Sender Ministry.

Lmao.....which one be back to sender ministry again??....lol....
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by ogrin(m): 11:04am On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

Why did u have to copy and paste your whole sermon here?

And why did u have to quote that whole passage again dude? WTF happened to common sense?

6 Likes

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by Iaz93: 11:05am On Dec 09, 2012
Peculiar Church Of Glory ..
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by bbpreye2: 11:10am On Dec 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Lmao.....which one be back to sender ministry again??....lol....

Then you never start to go church binowei! Come and all ur problems will be solved! But please come with your,

Sunday offering
Thanksgiving offering
Media offering
Pastors welfare offering
Pastors wife welfare offering
Pastors P.A welfare offering

And keep some change for seed planting and testimony keying!

Bless u
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 09, 2012
No church, Reason- not yet convinced. WHY- So confused.
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by demelza: 11:16am On Dec 09, 2012
I attend Redeemed Christian Church of God because of their praise and worship.
.bbpreye:

Then you never start to go church binowei! Come and all ur problems will be solved! But please come with your,

Sunday offering
Thanksgiving offering
Media offering
Pastors welfare offering
Pastors wife welfare offering
Pastors P.A welfare offering

And keep some change for seed planting and testimony keying!

Bless u
LOL! That una pastor don hammer o! Abeg helep me tell am say him wife don old, he need to get fresh blood.
U fit take style drop ma name.
God bless you broda.
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 09, 2012
Jesus' Yahoo Ministry

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by haibe(m): 11:22am On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

I was about to ask too

1 Like

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by bbpreye2: 11:31am On Dec 09, 2012
ogrin:

And why did u have to quote that whole passage again dude? WTF happened to common sense?

It left ur brain long time ago! Adamu!
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by harbeordune(f): 11:37am On Dec 09, 2012
Same here, thumbs up
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by acidtalk: 11:38am On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

You were even more stu*pid by copying all that just to ask a question. A foo*l calling another silly.

5 Likes

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by jaydude(f): 11:41am On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

You are worse than teebiz for quoting his long sermon! U shuld have written out his name...everybody knws about his foolishness

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by jaydude(f): 11:41am On Dec 09, 2012
Lordave: Assemblies of God church

Wot concerns ur quote and ur reply? Na wah oo
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by acidtalk: 11:42am On Dec 09, 2012
Lordave: Assemblies of God church

See another idi*ot quoting that endless write up just to write 5 words. Now I know some people inherit stu*pidity.

3 Likes

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by acidtalk: 11:45am On Dec 09, 2012
mboma: a proud jw....thumbs up

SEe another mumu. Quoting 5,000,000 words just to drop 5 meaningless words.

4 Likes

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by Cupidkc(m): 11:56am On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

Nawa ask him o. Well,i couldnt read it all. Kpele...
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by tinuolababy(f): 11:56am On Dec 09, 2012
Daystar Christian Centre- we r role models. kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by dmcdad: 11:59am On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

The guy just copy the whole WATCHTOWER MAGAZINE come paste here! Answer simple question. I attend "every witches and wizard must die by fire ministries" simple!
Lwtmbo.. Guy no be lie u talk..
Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by bbpreye2: 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2012
FOOLISH acidtalk:

You were even more stu*pid by copying all that just to ask a question. A foo*l calling another silly.

Let me not start with you acidfuck abi acidumbfuck!!! Nairaland will be too small for both of us!

1 Like

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by bbpreye2: 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2012
jaydude:

You are worse than teebiz for quoting his long sermon! U shuld have written out his name...everybody knws about his foolishness

Stop making passes at me, attention seeker, or I will expose you am already hooked up! Try acidtalk!
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by yokiti: 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2012
Segun agagu: Mountain of fire and miracles ministries. Because of deliverance and breakthrough.

power must change hands in My LIfe, no matter what the devil may say..... in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Do You Attend And Why? by donwilz(m): 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

Stop making passes at me, attention seeker, or I will expose you am already hooked up! Try acidtalk!
Rubbish!
Mr. stop talking like one that has a diarrhea of the mouth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Bans Crossover Services / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? / Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.