Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. (11150 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Great Bible Contradictions / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 1:28am On Feb 16, 2008
lol@4him creating explanation after explanation. wetin be spiritual death grin.

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

The number of beasts in the ark

GEN 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

GEN 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, GEN 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

Moses' personality

Num.12:3: "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the fact of the earth."

Num.31:14, 17, 18: "And Moses was wroth, And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? , Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, , But all the women children , keep alive for yourselves."

Righteous live?

Ps.92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."

Isa.57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

Ascend to heaven

"And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." (2 Kings 2:11)

"No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, , the Son of Man." (John 3:13)

Who bears guilt?

GAL 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

GAL 6:5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

How old was Jehoiachin when he began to reign?

KI2 24:8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

CH2 36:9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by TCUBE(m): 6:30am On Feb 16, 2008
one day na one day ooo, sinner man go die he no go fitti come back to the repent again, i sorry for y'all//keep posting up nonsence
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 7:37am On Feb 16, 2008
Zacharias is son of jehoiada

2 Chronicles 24:20

And the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, which stood above the people, and said unto them, Thus saith God, Why transgress ye the commandments of the LORD, that ye cannot prosper? because ye have forsaken the LORD, he hath also forsaken you.

Zacharias is son of Barachias

Matthew 23:35 (King James Version)

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the alta

Judas Hanged himself

Matthew 27:5 (King James Version)

And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Judas fell and busted his bowels

Acts 1:18 (King James Version)

Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by stimulus(m): 8:05am On Feb 16, 2008
@bawomolo,

It's a good thing you're actually interested in the Bible - not because you can produce any remarkable effort that has not been seen or heard of before now; but because such effort rather manifests your unsettled conscience against the claims of the Bible. BTW, the Bible is not a threat or harm to you; and the 'daily contradictions' have not demonstrated that you're that intelligent to hold your own rationale in the arguments you make.

I'd respect the request you've claimed that this thread is not a matter of daily argument (which has become the solo you and therationa sing in new threads where you're too scared to face up to your own assumptions). However, these seemingly "contradictory" lines could be taken up line-by-line, topic by topic, precept by precept (and they have been addressed in other threads and sites). I have offered that challenge before to you and therationa several times; and you didn't disappoint me by ducking those invitations - because you're only doing the same thing that I've seen others do because they can't hold their own arguments coherently!

It is not as if there are no answers to your misgivings - but even where they are offered, you typically excuse them away as if the excuses in themselves atone for the weaknesses in your assumptions.

In anycase, your efforts typically show that you're being too cheap - as others who have gone down that road before you. I'd like to see you actually hold your own ground rationally one of these days, if you care. The invitations I offered you and therationa are still open. When you can find enough gumption to take that offer, let me know. grin
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by 4Him(m): 8:45am On Feb 16, 2008
bawomolo:

lol@4him creating explanation after explanation. wetin be spiritual death grin.

Ephesians 2: 1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

Colosians 2: 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Yet again more evidence that these "contradictions" are simply a product of ur unbelief and lack of knowledge.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 9:10am On Feb 16, 2008
that only explains one of the contradictions. there are many more coming
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by stimulus(m): 12:59pm On Feb 16, 2008
bawomolo:

that only explains one of the contradictions. there are many more coming

At least you'd have to agree that there are answers; and I also hinted earlier that -

stimulus:

these seemingly "contradictory" lines could be taken up line-by-line, topic by topic, precept by precept (and they have been addressed in other threads and sites).

Anyhow, I'd be on the lookout as to when you and your friend are ready to take up my simple invitation. wink
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by ayinba1(f): 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2008
Let us commend David at least he attempts to answer these questions for example the spiritual sword that the disciple of Jesus used to cut off a person's ear. (must have been pretty sharp).
I however completely disagree with you insulting the poster or anyone with questions. Let us make this as civil a discourse as possible.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by holythug(m): 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2008
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2008
Anyhow, I'd be on the lookout as to when you and your friend are ready to take up my simple invitation.

what invitation?? a philosphical argument is meaningless. u have a chance to argue now rather than avoid my threads(eg the bible plagairism one). are u going to counter the contradictions or scream about an invitation?

How many Fighting men in Judah??

2 Samuel

24:9 And Joab gave up the sum of the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword; and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.

1 Chronicles 21:5

Joab gave the number of the census of all the people to David. And all Israel were 1,100,000 men who drew the sword; and Judah was 470,000 men who drew the sword.

Seven or three years of famine

2 Samuel 24:13
So Gad came to David and told him, Shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land?

1 Chronicles 21:11-12
So Gad came to David and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, choose thee either three years of famine.

Who tempted David to number Israel?

2 Samuel 24:1
And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go number Israel and Judah.

1 Chronicles 21:1
And Satan stood up against Israel and provoked David to number Israel.

How many men did the chief of David's captains kill?

2 Samuel 23:6
The , chief among the captains , he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.

1 Chronicles 11:11
the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 8:35am On Feb 17, 2008
NO MAN IS WITHOUT SIN

For there is no man that sinneth not. (1 Kings. 8:46.)
Who can say, I have made my heart clean; I am pure from my sin? (Prov. 20:9.)
For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good and sinneth not. (Eccl. 7:20.)
There is none righteous, no, not one. (Rom. 3:10.)

CHRISTIANS ARE SINLESS

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;, he cannot sin, because he is born of God, Whoever abideth in him sinneth not. He that committeth sin is of the devil (1 John 3:9, 6,cool

CHRIST MISSION WAS PEACE

And suddenly there was with the angels a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace. (Luke 2;13, 14.)

CHRIST’S MISSION WAS NOT PEACE

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword. (Matt. 10:34)

How many blind men were healed near Jericho?

Matthew 20:30
And as they departed from Jericho, a great multitude followed him. And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David.

Mark 10:46
And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.
Luke 18:35
And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging.

Did Jeconiah have any sons?

Jeremiah 22:28-30
Thus saith the Lord, write this man [Jeconiah] childless , No man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah.

1 Chronicles 3.17-18:
And the sons of Jeconiah; Assir, Salatheil his son, Malchiram also, and Pedaiah, and Shenazar, Jecamiah, Hoshama, and Nedabiah.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by jgirl3: 9:07am On Feb 17, 2008
Are you being serious? Oh my goodness! People just misinterpret the bible. To understand the verses you're quoting - you should see who the book is written to, and what verses come before it.
People can turn the bible upside-down.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2008
you are not making any sense at all. can u specifically reference which contradictions u are talking about grin.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 12:53am On Feb 18, 2008
Does God tempt??

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (Gen 22:1)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (James 1:13)

Do you answer a fool?

PRO 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

PRO 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

What was the color of the robe placed on Jesus during his trial?

scarlet - Matthew 27:28

purple - John 19:2

Was Sisera murdered in his sleep?

Judges 4:21
Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: f[i]or he was fast asleep and weary. So he died.[/i]

Judges 5:26-27
She put her hand to the nail , and with the hammer she smote Sisera, At her feet he bowed, he fell, he lay down: at her feet he bowed, he fell: where he bowed, there he fell down dead.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2008
How many Sons did God have

God has only one son (Jesus).

He that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. -- John 3:18

God sent his only begotten son into the world. -- 1 John 4:9

atan and his companions were sons of God.

The sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. Job 1:6

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. -- Job 2:1

Satan and his companions were sons of God.

The sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. Job 1:6

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. -- Job 2:1

What did the soldiers give Jesus to drink?

Vinegar and gall.
They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall. -- Matthew 27:34

Wine and myrrh.
They gave him to drink wine mingled with myrrh. -- Mark 15:23

Luke 23:36

Vinegar and hyssop.
Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a sponge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. -- John 19:29
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 5:05pm On Feb 18, 2008
Does God ever tire?

Isaiah 40:28
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is he weary?

Exodus 31:17
For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by therationa(m): 1:02am On Feb 19, 2008
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by luvus: 9:51am On Feb 19, 2008
hi stimulus

can i have ur email so i can discuss somethings with u? mine is begyonline@yahoo.com
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2008
Who was Amasa's father?

2 Samuel 17:25
Amasa was a man's son, whose name was Ishra and Israelite.

1 Chronicles 2:17
And the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmaelite.

On what did Jesus ride into Jerusalem?

Matthew 21:5-7
Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded th
em And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.

Luke 19:35
And they brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and they set Jesus thereon.

How many of Bani's offspring returned from Babylon?

Ezra 2:10
The children of Bani, six hundred forty and two.

Nehemiah 7:15
The children of Binnui, six hundred forty and eight.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2008
How many of Bezai's offspring returned from Babylon?

Ezra 2:17
The children of Bezai, three hundred twenty and three.

Nehemiah 7:23
The children of Bezai, three hundred twenty and four.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2008
any explanation??
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by v24m(f): 12:06pm On Feb 20, 2008
Its simple this goes to show how AWESOME GOD is in many ways,our ways are not his, we cant' question the Lord. The bible was written by men inspired by God not God himslef, so these men are just like us that could have made mistakes wth dates and verses but if u all study closely its all the same meaning, sayings and intetions as well. Look, for those who have tried to explain to the ignorant ones that say the bible is contradictory just leave them alone, you have done your best as a child of God there will always be d likes of bawomolo's and therationa's in this world to get you confused. Where does it say we must all make heaven,most people that decide to think the way these unbelivers do will not make heaven SIMPLE. These unbelivers hv been there even in the days of our fore fathers so they are here to stay, we can only do our best to show them the right part, if they want to go the wrong way then who are we to keep forcing. If it worked like that by now even the devil himself would have been converted to xtianity. Let those who have ears hear, i rest my case. God bless you all.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2008
The bible was written by men inspired by God not God himslef,

this can't be confirmed. if the bible was inspired by God, why are their different bibles among catholics, mormons etc. did those groups get inspiration from soemwhere.

he bible was written by men inspired by God not God himslef, so these men are just like us that could have made mistakes wth dates and verses but if u all study closely its all the same meaning, sayings and intetions as well.

actually, that's the problems, lots of passages have conflicting meanings leading to different christian sects or cults.

These unbelivers hv been there even in the days of our fore fathers so they are here to stay,

so did ur forefathers that didn't practice Christianity go to hell??
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2008
How many of Bethlehem and Netophah's offspring returned from Babylon?

Ezra 2:21-22
The children of Bethlehem, an hundred twenty and three. The men of Netophah, fifty and six.

Nehemiah 7:26
The men of Bethlehem and Netophah, a hundred fourscore and eight.

Who asked for the best seats in heaven?

Mark 10:35-37
And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come unto him, saying, Master, we would that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever we shall desire. And he said unto them, What would ye that I should do for you? They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.

Matthew 20:20-21
Then came to him the mother of Zebedees children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him. And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.

How high is a capiter??

Jeremiah 52:22
And the height of one chapiter was five cubits.

2 Kings 25:17
The height of the chapiter was three cubits.

How many talents of gold did Hiram send Solomon?

1 Kings 9:27-28
And Hiram sent in the navy his servants , and they came to Ophir, and fetched from thence gold, four hundred and twenty talents, and brought it to Solomon.

2 Chronicles 8:18
And Huram sent him , four hundred and fifty talents of gold, and brought them to king Solomon.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by IDINRETE: 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2008
awesome keep them coming, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by v24m(f): 9:37am On Feb 21, 2008
so did your forefathers that didn't practice Christianity go to hell??

who are the fore fathers isnt it ADAM down to ABRAHAM to JACOB, MOSES, DAVID and the present century. Did these people all go to hell? There was nothing like a law then governing them, but there was still people who did what was right in the eyes of the lord and the bad ones who didnt.
Then it wasnt even named CHRISTIANITY. It was after the coming of Christ that xtianity started. These good people were they not our fore fathers, they walked in the ways of the Lord and i can bet u that they made heaven which is what you should be trying to do and stop looking for contradictins here nd there.
The day ADAM and EVE disobeyed GOD that was when sin came to dwell in our midst forever. Like i said earlier there will always be

GOOD, EVIL, TEMPTATIONS, CRITICISM, WAR, BELIVERS, UNBELIVERS, HYPOCRITES, CONTARDICTONS AND WHAT HAVE YOU.

All these started after the d 1st sin commited by adam and eve. So they are all here to stay the QUESTION IS, where do u belong atleast we are old enough to differenciate wht is good or bad, so we shall all be held accounatble on the last day.

Hv a great day. Lets keep up d spirit.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2008
ON THE SABBATH DAY

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy." -- Exodus 20:8

"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." -- Romans 14:5

ON RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD

", he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. " -- Job 7:9

", the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth, " -- John 5:28-29

ON TEMPTATION

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." -- James 1:13

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, " -- Genesis 22:1

ON THE PERMANENCY OF THE EARTH

", the earth abideth for ever." -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

", the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2Peter 3:10

where do u belong atleast we are old enough to differenciate wht is good or bad, so we shall all be held accounatble on the last day.

morality can easily exist without religion
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by focused(m): 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2008

DISCLAIMER: bawomolo is not responsible for temper tantrums, broken keyboards and heart attacks.

GOD IS SATISFIED WITH HIS WORKS

And God saw everything that he had made, and behold it was very good (Gen. 1:31)

GOD IS DISATISFIED WITH HIS WORKS

And it repented the lord that he had made men on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart (Gen. 6:6)

GOD DWELLS IN CHOSEN TEMPLES

And the lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him: I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for a house of sacrifice, For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there forever; and mine eyes and my heart shall be there perpetually. (2 Chron. 7:12, 16.)

GOD DWELLS NOT IN TEMPLES

Howbeit the Most Hight dwelleth not in temples made with hands. (Acts 7:48.)

GOD DWELLS IN THE LIGHT

Dwelling in light which no man can approach unto (1 Tim 6:16.)

GOD DWELLS IN DARKNESS

The Lord said he would dwell in thick darkness . (1 Kings 8:12)
He made darkness his secret place. (Ps. 18:11.)
Clouds and darkness are round about him. (Ps. 97:2)

GOD IS SEEN AND HEARD

And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts. (Ex. 33:23.)
And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as man speaketh to his friend. (Ex. 33:11)
And the Lord called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid. (Gen. 3:9, 10.)
For I have seen God face to face , and my life is preserved.(Gen. 32:30.)
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw, also, the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up. (Is. 6:1.)
Then went up mose and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. And they Saw the God of Israel, They saw God and did eat and drink. (ex. 24:9, 10, 11)

GOD IS INVISIBLE AND CANNOT BE HEARD

No man hath seen God at any time. (John. 1:18.)
Ye hath neither heard his voice, at any time, nor seen his shape. (John 5:37.)
And he said, Thou canst not see my face, for there shall no man see me and live. (Ex. 33:20)
Whom no man hath seen nor can see (1 Tim. 6:16.)

i would try to post some more daily to create discussion about the bible. anyway guys, don't call this a sens

Blood of Jesus
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2008
i don't think the blood of jesus can erase this contradictions
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2008
what hour was jesus crucified??

John 19:12-18
12From then on, Pilate tried to set Jesus free, but the Jews kept shouting, "If you let this man go, you are no friend of Caesar. Anyone who claims to be a king opposes Caesar."

13When Pilate heard this, he brought Jesus out and sat down on the judge's seat at a place known as the Stone Pavement (which in Aramaic is Gabbatha). 14It was the day of Preparation of Passover Week, about the sixth hour.
"Here is your king," Pilate said to the Jews.

15But they shouted, "Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!"
"Shall I crucify your king?" Pilate asked.
"We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered.

16Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified.

"And it was the third hour, and they crucified him." (Mark 15:25)
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by therationa(m): 12:49am On Feb 23, 2008
Stimulus :

It's a good thing you're actually interested in the Bible - not because you can produce any remarkable effort that has not been seen or heard of before now; but because such effort rather manifests your unsettled conscience against the claims of the Bible. BTW, the Bible is not a threat or harm to you; and the 'daily contradictions' have not demonstrated that you're that intelligent to hold your own rationale in the arguments you make.

I'd respect the request you've claimed that this thread is not a matter of daily argument (which has become the solo you and therationa sing in new threads where you're too scared to face up to your own assumptions). However, these seemingly "contradictory" lines could be taken up line-by-line, topic by topic, precept by precept (and they have been addressed in other threads and sites). I have offered that challenge before to you and therationa several times; and you didn't disappoint me by ducking those invitations - because you're only doing the same thing that I've seen others do because they can't hold their own arguments coherently!

It is not as if there are no answers to your misgivings - but even where they are offered, you typically excuse them away as if the excuses in themselves atone for the weaknesses in your assumptions.

In anycase, your efforts typically show that you're being too cheap - as others who have gone down that road before you. I'd like to see you actually hold your own ground rationally one of these days, if you care. The invitations I offered you and therationa are still open. When you can find enough gumption to take that offer, let me know. Grin

Why don't you just respond to the various contradiction. Why all this special pleading? Admittedly, there are some threads that lend themselves to debates, other not so well. I think this thread offers you the chances to refute all the contradictions. Take it up buddy.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Horus(m): 12:57am On Feb 23, 2008

bawomolo:

i don't think the blood of jesus can erase this contradictions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics. / I Am Not Blaspheming / What Is Your Understanding Of Sabbath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.