Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. (11152 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Great Bible Contradictions / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2008
Bawomolo, that's another reason why the bible is not the word of God
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2008
lol@horus, damn take it easy on the christians. now let's continue with the daily series  grin grin grin

How did King Josiah die?

He died a peaceful death.

2 Kings 22:20
Behold therefore, I [God] will gather thee [Josiah] unto thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered into thy grave in peace; and thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place.

He was killed in battle.

2 Chronicles 35:23-24
And the archers shot at king Josiah; and the king said to his servants, Have me away; for I am sore wounded. His servants therefore took him ,  and brought him to Jerusalem, and he died.

Where did Josiah die?

He died at Megiddo.

2 Kings 23:29-30
And king Josiah went against him; and he slew him at Megiddo ,  And his servants carried him in a chariot dead from Megiddo, and brought him to Jerusalem.

He died in Jerusalem.

2 Chronicles 35:23-24
And the archers shot at king Josiah; and the king said to his servants, Have me away; for I am sore wounded. His servants therefore ,  brought him to Jerusalem, and he died.

How long did Jotham reign?

15:30 And Hoshea the son of Elah made a conspiracy against Pekah the son of Remaliah, and smote him, and slew him, and reigned in his stead, in the twentieth year of Jotham the son of Uzziah.

2 Kings15:32-33
Jotham the son of Uzziah ,  reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem.

Did Judas identify Jesus with a kiss

Mark 14:43-45
And immediately, while he yet spake, cometh Judas, one of the twelve, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders. And he that betrayed him had given them a token, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he; take him, and lead him away safely. And as soon as he was come, he goeth straightway to him, and saith, Master, master; and kissed him.

John 18:3-5
Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he

Was Keturah Abraham's wife or concubine?

Genesis 25:1
Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah.

1 Chronicles 1:32
The sons of Keturah, Abraham's concubine.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 3:44am On Feb 24, 2008
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 12:03am On Feb 25, 2008
Who was Korah's father?

Genesis 36:14
Aholibamah , bare to Esau Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah.

Genesis 36:15-16
The sons of Eliphaz the firstborn son of Esau , Korah.

When did God kill Leviathan and the sea dragon?

Psalm 74:13-14
Thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters. Thou brakest the heads of Leviathan.

Isaiah 27:1
In that day the LORD , shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Is money good or bad?

Ecclesiastes 10:19
A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil.

What is the correct recipe for the new moon sacrifice?

Numbers 28:11
And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot.

Ezekiel 46:6
And in the day of the new moon it shall be a young bullock without blemish, and six lambs, and a ram.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 3:53pm On Feb 25, 2008
here is our daily bible study grin grin grin

How many of Pahathmoab, Jeshua, and Joab's offspring returned from Babylon?

Ezra 2:6
The children of Pahathmoab, Jeshua, and Joab, two thousand eight hundred and twelve.

Nehemiah 7:11
The children of Pahathmoab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand eight hundred and eighteen.

How many overseers did Solomon have (3300 or 3600?)

1 Kings 5:16
Besides the chief of Solomon's officers which were over the work, three thousand and three hundred, which ruled over the people that wrought the work.

2 Chronicles 2:18
And he [Solomon] set , three thousand and six hundred overseers to set the people to work.

Is the law of God perfect?

Psalm 19:7
The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Hebrews 8:6-7
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2008
When did Satan enter Judas?

Satan entered Judas before the last supper.

Luke 22:3, 7
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot , Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed

Satan entered Judas after the last supper.

John 13:27
And after the sop Satan entered into him.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 1:28am On Feb 26, 2008
When did Absalom rebel against David?

After forty years

2 Samuel 15:7
And it came to pass after forty years, that Absalom said unto the king, I pray thee, let me go and pay my vow, which I have vowed unto the LORD, in Hebron.

Much less than forty years since David only ruled for a total of forty years.

2 Samuel 5:4
David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years.

How many of Adin's offspring returned from Babylon?

Ezra 2:15
The children of Adin, four hundred fifty and four.

Nehemiah 7:20
The children of Adin, six hundred fifty and five.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2008
How many of Asaph's offspring returned from Babylon?

Ezra 2:41
The singers: the children of Asaph, an hundred twenty and eight.

Nehemiah 7:44
The singers: the children of Asaph, a hundred forty and eight.

How many of Arah's offspring returned from Babylon?

Ezra 2:5
The children of Arah, seven hundred seventy and five.

Nehemiah 7:10
The children of Arah, six hundred fifty and two.

How many men did David kill?

2 Samuel 10:18
And David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand horsemen.

1 Chronicles 19:18
David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 3:41am On Feb 27, 2008
This thread has been recycled several times and answered that's why no Christians who have spent any length of time on nairaland are responding to the "contradiction" we know you copied from somewhere even though you parade them as yours.
Some Christians have already answered you.
take your time and read through.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-26125.0.html
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 3:43am On Feb 27, 2008
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 3:56am On Feb 27, 2008
lol there are a few new contradictions that i posted. u can't deny there are numerical errors in the bible.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 27, 2008
I say take time and read these.

http://www.upontruth.com/categories/biblecontradictions.html

your attempts fall flat on it's back.
The Bible,the best seller of all times,the most translated book in all the world continues to save lives despite the devils cries cry
There are no contradictions in the Bible.
The dead sea scrolls authenticate the scriptures.
Even mohammed the prophet of doom copied it and moslems use it to autheticate their "gospel"
Enjoy yourself in your gospel of nothingness.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 27, 2008
bawomolo:

lol there are a few new contradictions that i posted. u can't deny there are numerical errors in the bible.

You live in a land dedicated to the almighty God.
A land whose leaders call on God for direction.
Whose money shows a trust in the almighty.
angry as satan may be,the gospel has reached the far ends of the eartyh,
Millions of Chinese come to Christ yearly
tens of millions around the globe .
I/3rd of the earths population call themselves Christians ie followers of Christ.
and more are added by conversion daily.
There was a man calle Saul
A man like you who thought he was persecuting Christians
but he was fighting against the Lord
He didn't win
and neither would you
Glory Halleluia
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 27, 2008
now let me leave you to continue googling and pasting.
I have a beauty sleep to catch wink
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 4:22am On Feb 27, 2008
u do know there are more than 100 contradictions right. anyway the series shall be continued tongue tongue
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by luvus: 12:07pm On Feb 27, 2008
wonderful wonderful, athiest , descendant thinking like thier ancestors - apes grin grin grin
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 4:59pm On Feb 27, 2008
Who made the ark of the covenant?

Deuteronomy 10:1-3
At that time the LORD said unto me [Moses], Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood. , And I made an ark of shittim wood,

Exodus 37:1
And Bezaleel made the ark of shittim wood.

Who did the women see at the tomb?

A young man
Mark 16:5
And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

Two angels
John 20:12
And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 28, 2008
Interesting. The devil also thought that Jesus was contradicting  His Sonship by not jumping off the roof of the temple. In fact, the devil quoted Psalm 91:11-12 to buttress his point.

----------------
The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here. For it is written:
   " 'He will command his angels concerning you
      to guard you carefully;
      they will lift you up in their hands,
      so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
"
-----------------------

@bawomol(o)
You seem to have a lot in common with the devil. You both can discern non-existent contradictions.

Fortunately, littering the thread with biblical quotes does not [i]necessarily [/i]make you ( or the devil) correct!!!
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2008
stop preaching please.

Which flying creeping things may we eat?

Deuteronomy 14:19
And every creeping thing that flieth is unclean unto you: they shall not be eaten.

Leviticus 11:21-23
Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth; Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind. But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

How much gold, silver, and clothing did the people give?

Ezra 2:69
They gave after their ability unto the treasure of the work threescore and one thousand drams of gold, and five thousand pound of silver, and one hundred priests' garments.

Nehemaih 7:72
And that which the rest of the people gave was twenty thousand drams of gold, and two thousand pounds of silver, and threescore and seven priests' garments.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2008
bawomolo:

stop preaching please.

I'm not preaching at all. I'm showing you the shallowness and unimpressiveness of your biblical scholarship. Your ignorance of the bible is astounding.

You are running on another wrong road.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2008
@bawomol(o)

You have consistently ignored this one ->

Is homosexuality allowed?

Leviticus 20:13

"And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 5:21pm On Feb 29, 2008
When did Jehoash become king of Israel?

At least forty years after Joash became king of Judah.
2 Kings 13:1
In the three and twentieth year of Joash the son of Ahaziah king of Judah Jehoahaz the son of Jehu began to reign over Israel in Samaria, and reigned seventeen years.

In the thirty seventh year of Joash's reign.
2 Kings 13:10
In the thirty and seventh year of Joash king of Judah began Jehoash the son of Jehoahaz to reign over Israel in Samaria.

How many sons did Jesse have?
eight or seven??

1 Samuel 16:10-11
Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are these all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest [David].

1 Chronicles 2:13-15
And Jesse begat his firstborn Eliab, and , David the seventh.

Who cast Jonah into the sea?
God or sailors??

Jonah 1:15
So they look up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea.

Jonah 2:3
For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 5:50am On Mar 01, 2008
How many of Adonikam's offspring returned from Babylon?

Ezra 2:13
The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.

Neh.7:18
The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven.

Who was Laban's father?

And Isaac sent away Jacob: and he went to Padanaram unto Laban the son of Bethuel the Syrian.

Genesis 29:5
And he said unto them, Know ye Laban the son of Nahor?
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 3:24am On Mar 02, 2008
How many men did the chief of David's captains kill?

2 Samuel 23:6
The , chief among the captains , he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.

1 Chronicles 11:11
the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time.

What was the volume of the molten sea in Solomon's temple?

Kings 7.26
It contained two thousand baths.

2 Chronicles 4:5
It received and held three thousand baths.

On what day did the temple burn?

2 Kings 25:8-9
And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month , burned the house of the Lord.

Jeremiah 52:12-13
Now in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month , burned the house of the Lord.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 02, 2008
need not read the bible with a critical mind, Gods word cant be contradicted
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by ayinba1(f): 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2008
Pray, what kind of mind should we use to read the bible?
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 6:26pm On Mar 02, 2008
need not read the bible with a critical mind, Gods word can't be contradicted

i don't see how one shouldn't read a book with a critical mind.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 3:12am On Mar 03, 2008
Are the laws of the Old Testament still binding?

Psalm 119:160
Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Galatians 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

How many days is unleavened bread to be eaten during the passover?

6 days

Deuteronomy 16:8
Six days thou shalt eat unleavened bread: and on the seventh day shall be a solemn assembly to the Lord thy God.

7days

Deuteronomy 16:3
Seven days shalt thou eat unleavened bread therewith, even the bread of affliction.

How high were the pillars?

1 Kings 7:15
For he cast two pillars of brass, of eighteen cubits high.

2 Chronicles 3:15
Also he made before the house two pillars of thirty and five cubits high.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2008
Is it OK to marry (or stay married to) unbelievers? Is it OK to touch them or be friends with them?

1 Corinthians 7:12-14
If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? , Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 12:32am On Mar 04, 2008
Wow, I had not come across this before. How do people live with such cognitve disonance?

most of them don't really read the books they consider holy(besides sunday school service). they are usually blinded by faith when they read it anyway. they numerical and ideological errors of the bible means it's obviously just human imagination.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by debosky(m): 12:42am On Mar 04, 2008
you guys are trying to raise a fuss out of nothing - showing your shallow comprehension of the issues being discussed

1. the first reference refers to a marriage relationship in which one of the members becomes a believer, while the other has not become one - and it says the marriage should continue if the unbelieving spouse chooses to remain. This is clearly a case originating as non-believers getting married and one coming to the faith. Remaining married is supported wholly.

2. The second reference refers to a Christian, a believer, and says do not knowingly go into a marriage relationship with an unbeliever, you are simply causing yourself harm by doing that. It does not give any reference to issues involving people ALREADY married before coming to the faith, and is more of a general warning and caution for one to avoid undue relationships with a non-believer to avoid creating further problems.

Being in touch is something unavoidable, as any reasonable human beings will tell you, but even friendships have to be kept at a reasonable distance - the people you can permit to come into your life and contribute to it should be christians first and foremost, others can be friends, but not the ones you depend on in crucial moments, since their advice would likely be out of sync with the Word of God.

Its like knowing your friend is an alcoholic - he is still your friend and you try to help him overcome his addiction, but you do not go drinking with him, or listen to him for advice on how to beat alcoholism when he is still dealing with that same thing. You maintain a safe distance to be able to help, but not too close so as not to be affected. Similar to a nurse-patient relationship.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 1:38am On Mar 05, 2008
Who was the father of Kish?

1 Samuel9:1
Now there was a man of Benjamin, whose name was Kish, the son of Abiel.

1 Chronicles 8:33, 9.39
And Ner begat Kish.

Who was Moses' father-in-law?

Exodus 2:18-21
And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, And Moses was content to dwell with the man: and he gave Moses Zipporah his daughter.

Numbers 10:29
And Moses said unto Hobab , Moses' father in law.

Exodus 4:18
And Moses went and returned to Jethro his father in law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Your Understanding Of Sabbath? / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.