Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

places to serve in lagos - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / places to serve in lagos (2623 Views)

100 Best Places To Work In Nigeria 2015 / 5 Places To Start Career In Nigeria / Best Places To Work In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

places to serve in lagos by autumnflower(f): 9:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
Hi everybody.
I just recently graduated I studied engineering and due for service. It scares me but I am confident I am going to get through it, I try to convince my self.
I would like to do my service in lagos, though I am not familiar with the city, truth being told I have never been there before, but in other to get ahead in my profession I think it will be best I go there.
My problem is, I would like to know any nice government institutions where an engineer can serve in lagos, I know there are many but considering am not from there, I would appreciate if you guys can help me out.
Thank you in anticipation and God bless.. Xoxo
Re: places to serve in lagos by autumnflower(f): 11:18am On Dec 10, 2012
Nobody yet? Even you ajanle?
Re: places to serve in lagos by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2012
We r both in dsame shoes,I'm hoping †☺ serve in march nd lagos has bin my dream.I'vε̲̣̣̣̥ neva been dere either.pls ppzz,ideas!!!!!
Re: places to serve in lagos by patuwa2(m): 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
How can I work my service to Lagos? For any useful idea pls text me on 08055166196.
Re: places to serve in lagos by autumnflower(f): 11:00am On Dec 12, 2012
^^
Wish uld help, but I don't know how its done.
People please!!!
Re: places to serve in lagos by yamakuza: 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
autumn.flower:

I would like to do my service in lagos, though I am not familiar with the city, truth being told I have never been there before
^^
Wish uld help, but I don't know how its done.
People please!!!

since there is little or no guarantee that you will serve in Lagos, why this thread?

in the event that you do get posted to Lagos, i believe all corpers get to teach.

perhaps, if you can show us how you plan to scale the two hurdles above, you might get better responses.

Hi everybody.
I just recently graduated I studied engineering and due for service. It scares me but I am confident I am going to get through it, I try to convince my self.
I would like to do my service in lagos, though I am not familiar with the city, truth being told I have never been there before, but in other to get ahead in my profession I think it will be best I go there.

which engineering did you study?

why are you not considering PHC and ABJ as well?

the school you finished from also determines how far they'll throw you, you know?

My problem is, I would like to know any nice government institutions where an engineer can serve in lagos, I know there are many but considering am not from there, I would appreciate if you guys can help me out.
Thank you in anticipation and God bless.. Xoxo

none. even if you end up in Abuja, you'll still get to serve tea all day.

you might want to target the private sector.

all the best !

1 Like

Re: places to serve in lagos by autumnflower(f): 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
since there is little or no guarantee that you will serve in Lagos, why this thread?

in the event that you do get posted to Lagos, i believe all corpers get to teach.

perhaps, if you can show us how you plan to scale the two hurdles above, you might get better responses.
That will be taken care by somebody, that's why I said I don't know. There's no guarantee with anything, but the chances are good.
which engineering did you study?

why are you not considering PHC and ABJ as well?

the school you finished from also determines how far they'll throw you, you know?
Mechanical engineering. I don't think abuja has the kind of industry I would like to break into, its more of government, parastatals etc. I have been to ph before, but lagos is more like the epic center besides corpers teach only in ph 100%
I schooled in the north.
none. even if you end up in Abuja, you'll still get to serve tea all day.

you might want to target the private sector.

all the best !
I didn't mean thoes kind of government institutions, more like the technical arm of government institutions. That's why I am not considering abuja, I don't want to switch careers and become a politician, I want to practic what I studied.
Can a corper be posted to private sector? I haven't heard of any lately, but if its possible then we're in play.
Re: places to serve in lagos by yamakuza: 6:28am On Dec 13, 2012
autumn.flower:

That will be taken care by somebody, that's why I said I don't know. There's no guarantee with anything, but the chances are good.

Mechanical engineering. I don't think abuja has the kind of industry I would like to break into, its more of government, parastatals etc. I have been to ph before, but lagos is more like the epic center besides corpers teach only in ph 100%
I schooled in the north.

mechanical, mechanical, mechanical ..... hmmmmmn!

yeah, abuja might not be it ... and u dont like ph, so its back to lagos.

corpers teach 100% in lagos too o, so the best you can hope for is to use your spare time to develop yourself by acquiring skills.

I didn't mean thoes kind of government institutions, more like the technical arm of government institutions. That's why I am not considering abuja, I don't want to switch careers and become a politician, I want to practic what I studied.

youth service might not be the best time to "practice what you studied" and even it is, a government agency might not be the best place

Can a corper be posted to private sector? I haven't heard of any lately, but if its possible then we're in play.

no. but things happen, and people find their way around these things.
Re: places to serve in lagos by AjanleKoko: 9:26am On Dec 13, 2012
Sorry to burst your bubble.
You're likely to serve in a school, or local government.
NYSC has enforced the no-private-sector rule this year.
Re: places to serve in lagos by autumnflower(f): 9:42am On Dec 13, 2012
Thanks guys for your contribution..
What about NNPC? That's not private, is it?
Re: places to serve in lagos by AjanleKoko: 9:44am On Dec 13, 2012
autumn.flower:
Thanks guys for your contribution..
What about NNPC? That's not private, is it?

You're highly unlikely to get posted to NNPC. Unless you have some really special intervention, you are very likely to get a school or Lagos State local government.
Re: places to serve in lagos by autumnflower(f): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2012
^^^
Nothing is impossible.. As long as NNPC is regarded as "government" and corpers are posted there. That's all the confirmation I need. Thanks,
Re: places to serve in lagos by AjanleKoko: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2012
I honestly don't know if corpers are still posted to government parastatals. Probably they are.
Re: places to serve in lagos by autumnflower(f): 11:04am On Dec 13, 2012
Thanks..

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does A Branch Manager Of An Investment Bank Earn A Month? / Primus Int'l Hospital Abuja Recruiting / When Do Someone Apply For Job During NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.