Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding (16717 Views)

The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Kolanut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding by Rosebela(f): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2012
For me i think the disavantages is that the child will refuse to eat any other food apart from the breast and is kind of stress trying to force her/him to eat
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding by Osama10(m): 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2012
Advantage : Very strong immune system.

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding by Jimbadly: 6:05am On Dec 10, 2012
Diadvantage: Saggy breas.ts
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding by Rosebela(f): 8:19am On Dec 10, 2012
Jimbadly: Diadvantage: Saggy breas.ts
you are right
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding by zayhal(f): 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
Whether you breastfeed or not, breast will sag.

Advantages of breastfeeding can not be over-emphasised. And no, it does not stop the baby from taking other foods in all cases.

What I just see is that weaning is more difficult for both baby and mother for exclusively breastfed babies.

5 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 11, 2012
Advantages: all
disadvantages: none
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 12, 2012
Advatages: Healthy baby, helps you get beck your figure, inexpensive, no preperation needed (just whip d breastt out n clean ur nipple,) baby knows exactly what to do.

Disadvantage: saggy boobs, baby may find it more difficult to adjust to bottle and spoon feeding, Mother must be disciplined enough to eat a balanced diet in order to produce nurishing milk, mother might loose too much weight (I did), sleep depravation (baby looks for it at night and uses it to pacify), its adictive ( I've tried to stop but she wiLl cry and look into my eyes with tears of sadness)

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding by bnanzip(m): 12:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Breastfeeding is very vital for a baby and a child needs breast milk for the first 6 months of life. This is so because the breast milk supplies all that a child needs to grow, develop, and also protects the child from infections.
The good side of breast milk is that it is that as the child grows, the milk changes to suit the needs of the child.
However, when a child is 6 months, the milk fails to meet the demands of the child and complementary feeding is then required. The type of feed you give to child after 6 months of age matters and comes with changes that may make the child malnourished.
Here is a detailed article on breastfeeding, malnutrition, and how to make babies' formula and how to wean a child. Here is a link.

http://www.jotscroll.com/forums/11/posts/72/breast-feeding-complementary-feeds-babies-formula-weaning-malnutrition-and-micronutrients-deficiency.html
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding by nurd(m): 10:24am On Sep 14, 2019
At this age, parents should not dispute about the benefits of breastfeeding. How does the baby get strong? What about the strong immune system? Even if weaning is difficult, so be it. Isn't that some of the things you face when raising kids?

(1) (Reply)

Black Men And The Curse Of Shaving Bumps (ingrown Hairs): Help! / 10 Nigerians Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro For Down Syndrome / Doctors Cure Leukemia Patient With HIV Injection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.