Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election (10707 Views)

Charles Antwi Tries To Kill Mahama, Ghanaian President (Photo) / Donald Trump Freaks Out On Twitter After Obama Wins Election / Jamaica's Opposition People's National Party Wins Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Popowaa: 11:39pm On Dec 09, 2012

Ghana incumbent President John Dramani Mahama was elected to a new term with 50.7 percent of votes cast, according to results posted on the Electoral Commission's Facebook page on Sunday.

It was not immediately possible to verify the results with an Electoral Commission official.

Mahama, who became president in July after the death of ex-leader John Atta Mills, was facing top rival Nana Akufo-Addo - who took 47.4 percent of the vote, according to the Electoral Commission's Facebook page. www.facebook.com/ECGOVGH

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/09/us-ghana-election-results-facebook-idUSBRE8B80G920121209
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by wengerjay(m): 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2012
Congrats!!!
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by fatdon2(m): 11:49pm On Dec 09, 2012
He is my father, Thank God
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by SmoothLIFE: 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2012
Well done to him wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Samsantos9: 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
4th 2 comment#runs out of the thread b4 he is lynched#
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by YoursGEJ(m): 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
Nigeria don dey infect ghana small small. We pray that they will get there very soon. Amen
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by 80million1: 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
*speechless*

ok, i will drink beer all week because of that!
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by kayLion(m): 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2012
Congrats to him buh this word ''incumbent'', e get as e dey do me...my brain translates it to slowpoke before I now correct it...

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Decapo: 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2012
CONGRATS o
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Techwriter: 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2012
Ghana must go, Ghana must go! Well they left to build their country and soon you would be needing VISa to enter Ghana. Their democracy is working, their light is working, their education is working. Anyway I doubt if the Igbos would do better if all Nigerians begin to shout Biafra must go! Biafra must go!! Cos in this Lagos, landlords & Fashola are already saying it silently and in the North Boko Haram believes that action speaks faster than words

10 Likes

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2012
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by drnoel: 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
U mean just 11 million voted. How much population does Ghana have?

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Mustymohd2: 12:00am On Dec 10, 2012
if no pdp inside , congrat
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Kewt: 12:02am On Dec 10, 2012
Hmm.. Power of incumbency. Ghana's story and the newly elected President looks more like that of Nigeria. I just hope Ghanians were not swayed by stories like i-had-no-shoes, Godsent, luck or ethnic divides.

We condemn opportunistic leadership in the strongest possible term and sincerely hope the President actually won that election, so that Ghana won't end up in the same mess big brother Nigeria currently finds herself.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 10, 2012
drnoel: U mean just 11 million voted. How much population does Ghana have?
About 20 million, approximately the population of Lagos State.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by highlandre(m): 12:05am On Dec 10, 2012
Ghana must go! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by mikron(m): 12:07am On Dec 10, 2012
IF UR NAME NA JOHN FOR GHANA BE SURE SAY U GO BE PRESIDENT FOR GHANA ONE DAY. CHECK AM NA
JOHN JERRY RAWLINGS-JOHN wink
JOHN KUFFOUR-JOHN wink
JOHN ATTA MILLS-JOHN undecided
AND NOW JOHN MAHAMA-JOHN.
YOU SEE. I COMMENT MY RESERVE. SORRY I RESERVE MY COMMENTgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 10, 2012
highlandre: Ghana must go! grin grin
so na only this be the reason why you enter this thread... Not only ghana-must-go, also polythene bag
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by SmoothLIFE: 12:12am On Dec 10, 2012
leomaxx: About 20 million, approximately the population of Lagos State.

Population is 25-30 million
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by boron10(m): 12:13am On Dec 10, 2012
I would have really preferred to see Nana Akufor Addo as the winner. Oh well, i have no say in the issue on ground. I'm a Nigerian. Btw, how does the reinstatement of Ghanaian incumbent President (gej part2) affect the proper utilization of subsidy fund
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by smsmoney(m): 12:13am On Dec 10, 2012
Congrats
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 10, 2012
SmoothLIFE:

Population is 25-30 million
I doubt that very much, anyway if they are up to 25m, it means a lot of people didnt vote. Lagos is about the size of Ghana, its a little country its prolly why less than 3000 Megawatts can power the entire country.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by jbrodaly(m): 12:15am On Dec 10, 2012
I asked a Ghana friend about the election and this was what he said:"If the current(acting)president wins the election ,then hope is lost for a better Africa.People are voting for a particular party because of monetary enticements and turning away from a party that has clear cut plans for the country."I asked him to give me one of such plans.He actually gave me two when i asked him.Hear him again-"They are making national health insurance available to everyone in the country as long as they register for it.Free education until secondary school level."
Please are there Ghanians in the house?Please confirm this.
Thanks
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 10, 2012
Nice election
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by jbrodaly(m): 12:19am On Dec 10, 2012
Kewt: Hmm..
We condemn opportunistic leadership in the strongest possible term and sincerely hope the President actually won that election, so that Ghana won't end up in the same mess big brother Nigeria currently finds herself.

Word.Same thing i told a Ghanian friend.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by ektbear: 12:21am On Dec 10, 2012
Interesting. Very close election.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by SmoothLIFE: 12:23am On Dec 10, 2012
leomaxx: I doubt that very much, anyway if they are up to 25m, it means a lot of people didnt vote. Lagos is about the size of Ghana, its a little country its prolly why less than 3000 Megawatts can power the entire country.

You can only vote if you are 18...
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by RedLight1: 12:24am On Dec 10, 2012
highlandre: Ghana must go! grin grin
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by ektbear: 12:24am On Dec 10, 2012
Can someone summarize the views/general philosophy of the two leading candidates (Mahama and Akufo-Addo) and/or their parties? I don't know anything about Ghanaian politics.
Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by RedLight1: 12:24am On Dec 10, 2012
ekt_bear: Interesting. Very close election.
yep... very close

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by topsyking: 12:24am On Dec 10, 2012
The election was rigged but cos of d foolish record dey want to keep as a good democratic country in africa.,opposition no won talk....rubbish!!!
..There is no free n fair election anywhere in africa

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Incumbent President Mahama Wins Election by RedLight1: 12:25am On Dec 10, 2012
R2bees: so na only this be the reason why you enter this thread... Not only ghana-must-go, also polythene bag
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South Sudan Becomes 54th African State / Hungary’s Parliament Ratifies Sweden’s Bid To Join NATO / Blackwater Withdraws From Yemen After Heavy Defeat By Houthi Shiite Separatists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.