Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It (6353 Views)

Crowds Besiege INEC Office In Port-Hacourt / Photo: El Rufai Collects N20 From Voluntary Donors To His Campaign / Igbos Top List Of Donors To Buhari – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by hakanai(m): 10:30am On Dec 10, 2012
Anonymous donors besiege CPC •As party rethinks merger
Written by Olawale Rasheed- Abuja Monday, 10 December 2012 00:00 font size Print Email 4 comments
Rate this item 1 2 3 4 5 (0 votes)
раскрутка сайтов
The battle for 2015 presidency may have taken a new dimension as there are credible reports that opposition party, Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) has been receiving anonymous donors in the last few months.

This is coming as the CPC is reported to be reconsidering its original merger agenda with the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN)with a new plan to pursue fusion with All Nigerian People’s Party (ANPP).

Checks showed that the CPC, in recent weeks, had been receiving offer of support and assistance towards the party‘s preparation for 2015, even as it was gathered that General Muhammadu Buhari has instructed that no unknown donation should be accepted.

It was gathered further that some of those unidentified donors had capitalised on the recent demise of the General‘s first daughter to throng the Kaduna residence of the politician and offer partnership and support for the next general election.

A CPC chieftain in Abuja told the Nigerian Tribune that the party had been receiving unsolicited support and pledges from some top zonal and regional figures, who are not members of the party.

“It is strange but we are receiving pledges from influential figures who choose not to be identified. Many of them said they don’t want their names mentioned or listed in connection to funding the party,” the party chief, who is very close to the party secretariat, said.

The source hinted that the party, at a point, had to stop receiving such donations and pledges, adding that “many of those donors simply said they want to identify with the party ahead of 2015.

“Let me say that they are not our members and we did not ask them for money. We are also careful not to fall into the hands of PDP agents,” the source said.

The party chief had let the cat out of the bag when he hinted that the CPC is planning a nationwide biometric database registration of its members with its presidential hopeful, General Muhammadu Buhari, said to be the arrowhead of the registration project.

Asked how the party will fund the registration to cover CPC members across the country, the party chief confirmed that funding will not be a problem as “the party, of late, has new circles of supporters.

“Funding is not likely to be our problems in 2015. So many sympathisers, so many people, seeking alternative to PDP are reaching us secretly. But we are also afraid of being set up by pro-PDP agents,” the source said.

Contacted for comments on the reports of anonymous donations, the national publicity secretary of the CPC, Mr Rotimi Fashakin, neither confirmed nor denied the reports, but added that “the funding of the party is within the ambit of relevant laws.

“Nigerians are free to donate to political parties and if they are doing that for CPC, we are happy. We are the underdog and what you are questioning me about is showing you trends among the populace.”

Meanwhile, all may not be well with the planned grand coalition between the CPC and the ACN as the latest report indicated that the CPC is refocusing on the ANPP for relationship.

“We are having a new thought. ANPP has sizeable presence in the North with three states under its control. We think we should unite the main opposition parties in the North before reaching out to the South,” a party chief involved in the negotiation told the Nigerian Tribune.

The ANPP is said to have nominated former Kano State governor, Ibrahim Shekarau, as its contact person, with insiders hinting that the two parties had the potential of stopping the PDP in 2015.

The spokesman of the CPC, however, told the Nigerian Tribune that the party is still interested in a merger with the ACN, but added that the CPC is yet to name its committee for the merger meetings with the Bisi Akande-led ACN.

It is, however, not clear whether the change of merger plan by the CPC has anything to do with ongoing moves by major opposition actors in northern Nigerian to forge a common front against the PDP in 2015.

модули joomla 2.5
Read 75 times
http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/887-anonymous-donors-besiege-cpc-%E2%80%A2as-party-rethinks-merger
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by martyns303(m): 11:03am On Dec 10, 2012
One word, PROPAGANDA!

1 Like

Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by Tsmooth1(m): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2012
Who cares?

5 Likes

Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by Livebetalife(f): 11:09am On Dec 10, 2012
um
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by grafikii: 11:12am On Dec 10, 2012
U wish
martyns303: One word, PROPAGANDA!
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by Dygeasy(m): 11:12am On Dec 10, 2012
Maybe they will merge, might by for the betterment of the nation...

Maybe they won't merge, I don't really care...

Maybe PDP sef go vex merge with them, na dem sabi..

Maybe I will chop this afternoon, na God's hand I dey...

Maybe na GAARI I go chop, I no know...

Maybe MODS go ban me, I dey wait...

Maybe somebody go diss me, oya throway am...

Maybe...,

Life is full of uncertainties!!

12 Likes

Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by TableLeg(m): 11:13am On Dec 10, 2012
Interesting
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by AjanleKoko: 11:14am On Dec 10, 2012
Maybe the ultra-conservatives (Northerners) are regrouping, since PDP has been hijacked from them.
Either way they will still lose.
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by Chongaiman: 11:17am On Dec 10, 2012
Aside the fact that the candor of a typical 9ja journalist is not worth the paper his journalistic verbosity is written on, this could be the case of another 'Super Story'. CPC was formed due to GMB's frustrations with ANPP. Wouldn't this now be the case of a dog going back to its vomit? So far, the activities of BH have only succeeded in antagonizing the rest of 9jans against their northern counterparts. I don't see how this status quo would benefit CPC come 2015....except if they expect others to cower due to the present security challenges and vote for them in order to have 'peace'...

1 Like

Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by KINGwax(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2012
Boko harams
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by victorD3: 11:26am On Dec 10, 2012
Wash!

1 Like

Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by DANILSA(m): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2012
HOW DOES THIS STOP NIGERIA FROM DISGRACING SOMEBODY COME 2015?
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2012
Frankly, it's too late to revive CPC.

The party had a huge potential in 2011. It has the record of being the only party that pulled 12m votes in a presidential election less than 2 years after formation.

I'm afraid the potential has been bungled due to lack of coordination and organization within the party. The ugly incidents post presidential elections also did not help matters.

The donors and besiegers asking them to drop the merger plan may be PDP agents planted into the party to unsettle it and deceive it into thinking it can go alone.

CPC can't go alone. It's only hope is considering bringing in a more organized ACN.

1 Like

Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by rexfada(m): 11:47am On Dec 10, 2012
It's high time a bigger merger stands to displace this PDP guys. We need a change come 2015

1 Like

Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by pressongodsay(m): 11:50am On Dec 10, 2012
Abeg make dem divide dis country b4 2015 make I fit contest.
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by Gistboy: 11:53am On Dec 10, 2012
They are indirectly telling people to come and rescue them with funds.
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 10, 2012
Please can anyone tell me why or how fashola will not win the 2015 presidential election? Oh yes unless he dosen't run for president.
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by honeric01(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2012
Jarus: Frankly, it's too late to revive CPC.

The party had a huge potential in 2011. It has the record of being the only party that pulled 12m votes in a presidential election less than 2 years after formation.

I'm afraid the potential has been bungled due to lack of coordination and organization within the party. The ugly incidents post presidential elections also did not help matters.

The donors and besiegers asking them to drop the merger plan may be PDP agents planted into the party to unsettle it and deceive it into thinking it can go alone.

CPC can't go alone. It's only hope is considering bringing in a more organized ACN.

The bolded is the case to me, they MUST GO AHEAD with the merger, a 2 party system is going to close down massive rigging from one or both parties.

Right now, we need a 2 party system to deal with bad leadership. at least both party'll be strong enough to challenge eachother pounds for pounds.
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by ochukoccna: 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
martyns303: One word, PROPAGANDA!
So succinct
PDP propaganda
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by bencham(m): 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
Waste of time no matter what they do PDP will stil win convincingly and overwhelming accros the nation come 2015.
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by teskyg: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
No sane person will vote for Boko Haram party.Buhari claim of been uncorrupt is been drag in the mud by associating with Tinubu.They have lost even before the election already.
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by lacasa: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
PDP sycophants wanna destroy merger but as always the Upright Buhari don grab wink

PDP must go or Nigeria should just divide grin
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by honeric01(m): 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
teskyg: No sane person will vote for Boko Haram party.Buhari claim of been uncorrupt is been drag in the mud by associating with Tinubu.They have lost even before the election already.

Oh the caption reads CPC not PDP or have you forgotten that PDP is the founding father of boko haram?

everyone in SSS custody so far are from PDP so what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by honeric01(m): 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
bencham: Waste of time no matter what they do PDP will stil win convincingly and overwhelming accros the nation come 2015.

Yes only if we still have fools around.

1 Like

Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by Azeez532(m): 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
teskyg: No sane person will vote for Boko Haram party.Buhari claim of been uncorrupt is been drag in the mud by associating with Tinubu.They have lost even before the election already.
please,tell me how many CPC members have been arrested so far in connection to boko haram crisis.Is it not PDP senators that av been implicated so far?

1 Like

Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by klax(m): 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
This does not change anything for a bit. Either its a lie or true does not countin anyway if they like let them all empty their bank account for CPC the honest fact remain that for any party to remove PDP from power its going to be a serious tugged of war and come 2015 sorry to say this Buhari is the man neither CPC i'm no PDP member and will not be one but as the largest party in the soil of Nigeria and incubent position let whoever want donate his money or his clothes under disguise for CPC go ahead but for Buhari to rule Nigeria again its a big joke.
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by mathskill: 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2012
KINGwax: Boko harams
slowpoke[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by mathskill: 2:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
KINGwax: Boko harams
IM-BECILE
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by honestivo(m): 2:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
mathskill: IM-BECILE
which of these 2 b merger party hv d poor masses @ heart der r jst afta der personal interest.instel of us 2 surport or against any. Let bowdown n pray for a divine leada
Re: Anonymous Donors Besiege CPC !!!! Take It Or Leave It by Toktee(m): 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
@klax,are you speaking for your family or for nigerians,if it is for your family i wnt to ask,how many voters card do u have to stop buhari come 2015?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power / PDP Governors Renew Calls For NEC Meeting / When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.