Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Three Vital Questions Employers Ask - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Three Vital Questions Employers Ask (13884 Views)

Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers / When Employers Ask If A Relative Works In That Company / Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by swift25(m): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
Three vital questions employers ask.
1. What can you do, in terms of skill set, or what value can u add to my company.
2. What have you done, in terms of level of experience in your field or provide tangible fact of your proven work.
3.what do you want to do in future. In terms of future ambition, vision, goal setting and achievement.
If you can answer these questions adequately. You stand a chance of getting your dream job.

1 Like

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by yemas01(m): 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2012
Pls.....can you tell me the answer to the question pls.....
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by chiboy1928(m): 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
yemas01: Pls.....can you tell me the answer to the question pls.....
google it and used ur brain more over most of dis question differ during interview and if u must apply these principles first these is what you have to do anytime u are invited for interview a day before the interview find out about the company or firm and get to no what they are into,that when u can apply these principles highlighted above ok best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by swift25(m): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
The language of the labour market is Value,once u can speak this language doors would open up unto u.your c.v must keep changing aleast evry 1-2yrs, in terms of the skills you aquire,knowlegde is infinite and if u must remain relevant u must keep updating yourself. The wise act out of knowledge (proverbs)

2 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
Make all of una dey deceive unaself dey go, while senators's, commissioners' and ministers' children and families are coming from abroad to take up jobs which they were not even interviewed for, you are here rehearsing on how to pass an interview, if you like ave d best answer for the above questions, a commissioner's child will take the job from you, wherther he applied for the job or not. They are all in the UK expecting appointment letters from nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by kaleidoscope: 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hayjaycity: Make all of una dey deceive unaself dey go, while senators's, commissioners' and ministers' children and families are coming from abroad to take up jobs which they were not even interviewed for, you are here rehearsing on how to pass an interview, if you like ave d best answer for the above questions, a commissioner's child will take the job from you, wherther he applied for the job or not. They are all in the UK expecting appointment letters from nigeria

Please do not listen to this chap!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by BE811APP: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
kaleidoscope:

Let Truth be told......
Its d Blunt TRUTH......

3 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 11, 2012
BE811APP:

Let Truth be told......
Its d Blunt TRUTH......

Leave him now, coz he doesn't know anything....maybe he thinks its everyone on NL dat doesn't have a job. I have seen it several times, even in my organisation!!! This is Nigeria, and it happens everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 11, 2012
Hayjaycity: Make all of una dey deceive unaself dey go, while senators's, commissioners' and ministers' children and families are coming from abroad to take up jobs which they were not even interviewed for, you are here rehearsing on how to pass an interview, if you like ave d best answer for the above questions, a commissioner's child will take the job from you, wherther he applied for the job or not. They are all in the UK expecting appointment letters from nigeria
These is true but, for those who dont have. Senators or commisioners as relatives, only thier professionalism will make them stand out. Poster is right and for anybody invited for an interview, please preparation is key. The extra effort you put into studying the organistion, thier industry will make you stand out amongst the favorites. Always never forget to conduct mock interview for yourself to build your confidence and seamless response to questions thrown at you.

2 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by swift25(m): 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
forget about politician and political gymnastics.you can put your self in your own class make a niche for urself,walk to the MD 'S office,even when the company is at the moment not hiring,tell him that by the time you are done with him, he'll need to hire about a 100 more staff,because u av understudied the company, done ur research located their problems,and come up with innovations, that creates a new line of business for the company, thus creating employment and increasing profit.

4 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
swift25: forget about politician and political gymnastics.you can put your self in your own class make a niche for urself,walk to the MD 'S office,even when the company is at the moment not hiring,tell him that by the time you are done with him, he'll need to hire about a 100 more staff,because u av understudied the company, done ur research located their problems,and come up with innovations, that creates a new line of business for the company, thus creating employment and increasing profit.

Hahahaha....who will allow you to enter the MD's office, if you are not coming from a senator or minister or anyone from the upper class?...I want to go and see my uncle in a company which he is the head of business development, I know what I went through...well your write up will make sense to a fresh graduates sha.

5 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by dont8(m): 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
Smh at your pessimist and thinking faculty.
Hayjaycity: Make all of una dey deceive unaself dey go
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by luckgood(m): 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
OP;NA FOUR VITAL QUESTIONS O. NO BE THREE N THE FOURTH ONE BE....
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by tellwsdom: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
swift25: Three vital questions employers ask.
1. What can you do, in terms of skill set, or what value can u add to my company.
2. What have you done, in terms of level of experience in your field or provide tangible fact of your proven work.
3.what do you want to do in future. In terms of future ambition, vision, goal setting and achievement.
If you can answer these questions adequately. You stand a chance of getting your dream job.

Just one misplaced alphabet in ur CV can 'ruin' U........Example-----> "I was instrumental in ruining the affairs of my last company! embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by obi123: 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2012

you see you are the type that keeps discouraging people who are silly enough to listen to you , that's how people keep talking about no jobs anywhere but people are getting jobs everyday , Nigeria sucks , yet people are still making it and are prepared to die there.

My advice to people still struggling is this just always believe that your own case will be different, you are not other people , you are unique

Stop disqualifying yourselves even before you are called for an interview

4 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by vislabraye(m): 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2012

Its not all gloom. But many atimes connection is the way out just as you said. So what should the connectionless do?
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by polipompom: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
@ Obi, wot a brilliant contribution u'v got dere and a big encouragement 2 d weak nd gullible.
@ Hayjaycity, how helpful wil ur contribution b 2 d young job seekers out der? If u'v got d connection, go wif it nd dn't come here nd discourage pple. Instead of making statements d@ wil encourage pple out der, even though we know d@ nepotism has become d order of d day nd political stalwarts get deir children fixed up leaving d havenots 2 scramble 4 d few positions left, u wer bent on reiterating ur pessimistic views. So bad!
@ dont8, Obi nd odas who believe in hardwork as d key 2 success, tnx 4 ur brilliant contributions. Even though, hardwork and d merit system seem 2 av bn tossed 2 d trash can, we must nt allow dese corrupt politicians nd deir cohorts discourage us 4rm forging ahead on d right path. Adequate preparation is key 2 a successful interview and of coz never under estimate d power of God. I wish al job seekers who dnt av connection but hinge deir TRUST in God success in deir career pursuit. God's connection is all u need.

4 Likes

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by ezer(m): 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
Lol grin

Just one misplaced alphabet in ur CV can 'ruin' U........Example-----> "I was instrumental in ruining the affairs of my last company! embarassed embarassed[/quote]
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2012

This is one of the reasons people don't get jobs in Nigeria - self-defeat.

Less than 30% of job placements are by connection. You can be part of the 70% that get the job by merit.
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
Okay o....keep it up o...buh I know that what I said is happening to everyone in the house, I'm not here to discourage anyone. I got my present job on merit and I saw the job ad online, and I applied for it, and according to a reliable source within the orgainsation, I was told that the recruitment was deliberately done on merit, telling me that, it was the MD that did the shortlisting himself, as big as the organisation is, and luckily, I scaled through the process, but I ave attended so many interviews before it, so if it is mass recruitment, all this ideas posted will work, but if it is a one or two position vacancy...I am sorry, if you don't have the connection, you are on your own o
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by bravehost4u(m): 7:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
Atleast i know nobody and i got a job with Diamond Bank
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by medjai(m): 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
bravehost4u: Atleast i know nobody and i got a job with Diamond Bank
Wow! Congrats
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by tessyade: 8:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
And who say merit does not work in nigeria? No doubt connection is key in nigeria but merit too is very vital. I'm one of the very few people that got employment without connection in my present company. For those without connection, work on yourself and you'll get that job by merit.
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by franksunny(m): 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
kaleidoscope:

though on the negative,is stil the truth he says or have you not seen
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
tessyade: And who say merit does not work in nigeria? No doubt connection is key in nigeria but merit too is very vital. I'm one of the very few people that got employment without connection in my present company. For those without connection, work on yourself and you'll get that job by merit.

Now, you too said "One of the very few"...thank ur stars for that. Everyone knows that in Nigeria, you have a few chance of being selected on merit.

1 Like

Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
Why must you keep looking for a job when you can create one for yourself and make other people work for you??
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by ceejay05(m): 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
yemas01: Pls.....can you tell me the answer to the question pls.....

1: depending on what d company does.

2: your career

3: your career
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by donami(m): 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
while a lot of people are waiting for a defined paths to success, others break out of the ordinary and become extraordinary. long leg has killed the faith you have in GOD, cos path taken by extra ordinary men are not defined you only know such path exist when another success story is written.
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 14, 2012
[quote author=kaleidoscope]

grin
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
kaleidoscope:

wrong sir, he speaketh the undilluted truth.another clear reason to buttress the fact that the pasture is more greener out there in the west-UK,USA,Canada e.tc than in our beloveth country Nigeria
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2012
donami: while a lot of people are waiting for a defined paths to success, others break out of the ordinary and become extraordinary. long leg has killed the faith you have in GOD, cos path taken by extra ordinary men are not defined you only know such path exist when another success story is written.
when you tell them these things they will never listen .maybe we have to scream them into thier ears. a word is enough for the wise
Re: Three Vital Questions Employers Ask by phabouluz(m): 12:42am On Dec 15, 2012
Truth be told, connection is a key factor in getting good jobs in Nigeria; my coy post vacancies online but when they finish recruiting, its either a rtd milad's child or a sitting governor / senator's relative.

Nobody works with us without connection

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? / EFCC Recruitment 2016 / Which would you advise he choose and why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.