Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. (63394 Views)

How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Idrismusty97(m): 10:02am On Dec 11, 2012
grin Dont blame me.just curioussssss.

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by mhm(m): 10:12am On Dec 11, 2012
telecoms I guess
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Idrismusty97(m): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2012
Thanks 4 ur comment.What are the carreer options in telecoms?
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 12, 2012
Investment banking used to be highly rewarding, financially. Don't know whether it still is.

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by tanimola22: 10:59am On Dec 12, 2012
Jarus: Investment banking used to highly rewarding, financially. Don't know whether it still is.

It is still very highly rewarding. Certain boutique investment banks in Nigeria, with private equity and investment management units, pay their associates as much as $100, 000 base salary there in Lagos, Nigeria. Depending on performance, bonus can go as high as twice that base salary. I wonder why wage disparity is so huge in Lagos. Imagine someone earning dollars in naija where average salary per person is less than 1.2 million naira per year.

Anyway, the problem is that these finance firms can be wickedly competitive. Their analysts and associates are former Goldman, JP, BoFA, Nomura, Credit Suisse, Deutche workers who were earning base salaries in the open neighborhood of ($80K, 150$). Some of them even get paid more to work in Nigeria because Naija is considered a high risk zone, and the sad part of everything is that these people get headhunted and cajoled to come work in Lagos for these tempting salaries, more of abeg come work for us..Kai..A city with jobless people who can die for these same opportunities.

Money, and glamor, still exits in the 'right' area of finance.

T22.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 12, 2012
shocked kidnapping

34 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by drzed: 11:21am On Dec 12, 2012
membership of PDP grin

5 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by tanimola22: 11:21am On Dec 12, 2012
Cowboy43: shocked kidnapping

But people dodge to do that.

I think the OP needs to know what people do openly that can earn them an above average living.

T22

3 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by paranorman(m): 11:22am On Dec 12, 2012
More contributions,pls.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by collins123(m): 11:24am On Dec 12, 2012
Cowboy43: shocked kidnapping

Advance Fee Fraud

Kidnapping

Adultnapping

Politics

Money Rutuals AKA Okija Juju.

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 12, 2012
Private company e.g mining
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by dulphines: 11:28am On Dec 12, 2012
Oil is not the highest paid job in Naija. Politicians and their associates: Personal Assistants, Contractors, Commissioners, LGA chairmen, NDDC staff, the list goes on and on before broke oil workers. My father was there for about 30 years but not half rich as some PA's that i know of...

5 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by aryzgreat: 11:30am On Dec 12, 2012
Oil and Gas

Telecom

Banking

IT

FG job
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by freakcin: 11:30am On Dec 12, 2012
Idrismusty97: Thanks 4 ur comment.What are the carreer options in telecoms?

Have u given up on oil company ni?

If you're looking for job, don't wait till Shell or Globacom come calling. Get ur self something doing first, start small and consolidate. Apply as much as you can and be interviewed, the salary might not be in millions but its a start.

2 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by yuslakay(m): 11:30am On Dec 12, 2012
telecom i guess

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 12, 2012
Most important thing for me is fulfillment,don't care how much a job pays me + i love my freedom and that to me is priceless. wink

11 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by 80million1: 11:33am On Dec 12, 2012
*speechless*
I'm Alive!

@OP...
let's ask OKIJA JUJU and that sexy Calabar girl-BEREM, what they have to say.

*speechless*

2 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Rexsul: 11:33am On Dec 12, 2012
2 b a Biochemist

2 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by dnawah(m): 11:34am On Dec 12, 2012
Carava farming/gari manufacturing:-D
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by valencia25(m): 11:35am On Dec 12, 2012
1. Pastor
2. Alfa
3. Herbalist.

@OP Try apply for any of the above listed, but if you can't get the 2 and 3, don't give up on 1st..... I repeat don't give up on the 1st one... Thank me later grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 12, 2012
#80million:
*speechless*
I'm Alive!

@OP...
let's ask OKIJA JUJU and that sexy Calabar girl-BEREM, what they have to say.

*speechless*
nairalanding. joblessness na disease. smfh
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by etochi11(m): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2012
I think its military
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by garrigangster: 11:39am On Dec 12, 2012
Legal Practitioners make mad money.

2 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by ayox2003: 11:40am On Dec 12, 2012
Architects

Neurosurgeons

RF Engineers (Telecoms)

Traders (Forex/Binary Options/Bonds/ Commodities) e.g Alex Hope, Goodness Morakinyo, Vince Stanzione

Note: Years of experience is taken into consideration.

Frawzey.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Gen2jaynee: 11:40am On Dec 12, 2012
Mortuary attendant.......
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 12, 2012
How about civil engineering jobs
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by cecegorz(m): 11:40am On Dec 12, 2012
Jarus: Investment banking used to highly rewarding, financially. Don't know whether it still is.
Lol Dude. Who talks about IB these days? Since the NSE has gone to the bears that path is on the serious decline. By the way, how many IPOs came to the market this year?

I'll still give it to the Telcos, Commercial banking, Multinational FMCGs in that order.

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Omogbhollahorn(m): 11:41am On Dec 12, 2012
programming #shekena
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by sergio(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2012
An average banker earns N3.5m annually, guess I can call that mega cash for a country where times are harsh, some peeps in IT and consulting firms earn close to 7m annually, based on these, I wld say

Banking
Oil and gas
IT and consultancy...lastly
Politics.....n
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 12, 2012
Idrismusty97: grin Dont blame me.just curioussssss.

Being employed by SEUN....in short be a moderator on NL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living / Unmarried Policewoman Sacked For Getting Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.