Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola (18875 Views)

Two Brave Yoruba Men Standing Firm In Opposition / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / APC's Tweets Of Obasanjo Blasting Jonathan, Endorses APC At All Levels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by miqos02(m): 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
Osun State governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, has praised the virtues of former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, describing him as a man whom every Yoruba man must be proud of.

Governor Aregbesola, who gave the commendation in Osogbo, on Monday, when he led a delegation of Owu Foundation to the governor’s office, said the state government held the former president in high esteem, a reason he was accorded the honour he rightly deserved by being asked to unveil the statue of late Bola Ige erected at the entrance to the governor’s office.

According to the governor, “It is not for nothing that Chief Obasanjo is a Yoruba person. As a Yoruba man, we must be proud of his achievements.

Governor Aregbesola said that once the powers that be recognise in the Yoruba people a lover of federalism and freedom, they would find the Yoruba the best of people to befriend and be with.

He averred that to subdue a people who want to be free would always breed chaos as Yoruba people always stopped at nothing to resist losing their freedom and autonomy.

He said: “Yoruba thrive on federalism. What I want the country to know is the fact that as far as our autonomy and freedom are recognized, we could be the best any people could have as neighbors.”

Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, had on Monday, stormed Osun State in a visit to Governor Aregbesola’s office to commission the bust of former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice the late Chief Bola Ige, which was erected in front of the governor’s office, Osogbo.

The visit, which took political class and cross section of the people in the state by surprise attracted a crowd who struggled to catch a glimpse of the former president and ascertain his mission in the state governed by Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN)-led administration of Aregbesola.

Donning light green guinea brocade with a cap to match, Obasanjo who also led a high-powered delegation of Owu Development Foundation to the governor told his host that, “You have successfully ambushed me.”

src: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/903-every-yorubaman-must-be-proud-of-obasanjo-—aregbesola

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by agog: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
Obasanjo is a leader whose value will not be fully appreciated until he's gone.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Akshow: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
speak for yourself aregbesola.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by niggadee(m): 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
every yoruba men not man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by AndreUweh(m): 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
I agree with Argbesola though some stubborn yorubas will disagree with him here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Afam4eva(m): 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
Obasanjo is the most hated Yoruba man by Yorubas and Aregbesola is speaking for himself. I hope he doesn't get some lashing from his party for going against one of the core belief of the party.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by SOHKAHTOA: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
When did Aregbesola start speaking from both sides of his mouth? Thought Obasanjo was the worst thing in their dictionary. Well, like someone earlier said, Obasanjo is a man whose worth may not be appreciated until he's gone.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by geez1: 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
I am proudly Yoruba. I love my tribe, my language, my culture and people and there are loads of Yoruba people I'm proud of who have distinguished themselves in business, politics, science, the academia, the arts and a whole lot of spheres of human endeavor and OBJ is unarguably one of them

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by johnwizey: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
Ogbeni Raufu,e dey pain me say na u talk am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed anyway u are WRONG
If u come to Abeokuta and see the hme of the former presido,u will feel sori for yoruba ppl

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by kingingkinging: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
niggadee: every yoruba men not man

So you are this poor and still trying to correct somebody that knows better than you.

Every/Each/Any are words that represent singular nouns:

1. Every boy in my class NOT Every boys in my class;
2. Each apple I took yesterday had tag on it NOT Each apples, etc. So the reporter is correct, it is you that has a lot to learn.

Pls brush up your English lang grammar.

53 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by redsun(m): 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
Any yoruba or human that is proud of obj must be as i.d-iotic as obj, a subcreature,a destroyer of a nation and a wrecker of destinies.

Only misguided chimps appreciates nigerian statesrogues like obj.

Until animals like him are brought to justice,nigeria will never make sense,she will continue to spiral into deeper oblivion like she is doing at the moment.

Into the blackhole, because f.oolish peeps are not destined to survive

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by ektbear: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
lmao @ "stormed"

Anyway, I like OBJ and am proud of him. The best president that Nigeria has had so far, though probably not objectively a good one overall.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
As a Nigerian, am proud of Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo....... No man is without flaws ...... He is surely the best among his peers!!!

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Sealeddeal(m): 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
Why are people surprise that Aregbesola said such? Nobody should be surprised afterall Obj just attracted mosque building investment to yoruba land and Aregbesola is a dyed-in-the wool muslim.so,na the thing be dat.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by TableLeg(m): 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
donroxy: As a Nigerian, am proud of Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo....... No man is without flaws ...... He is surely the best among his peers!!!
The best amongst his peers? You must be high on cheap caffeine!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
Laughable! - what are his achievements?? undecided
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
Obasanjo is a cancer. Aregbesola speaks for himself.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by alaoeri: 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
The one & only ebora owu trying to unite with the SW governors against 2015.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by olubukolaoyewo: 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
Take it or not OBJ is the best for now

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by juman(m): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by juman(m): 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
TouchDown: Obasanjo is a cancer. Aregbesola speaks for himself.

shymexx: Laughable! - what are his achievements?? undecided

redsun: Any yoruba or human that is proud of obj must be as i.d-iotic as obj, a subcreature,a destroyer of a nation and a wrecker of destinies.

Only misguided chimps appreciates nigerian statesrogues like obj.

Until animals like him are brought to justice,nigeria will never make sense,she will continue to spiral into deeper oblivion like she is doing at the moment.

Into the blackhole, because f.oolish peeps are not destined to survive
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by salolo(m): 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by Samoneo(m): 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sealeddeal: Why are people surprise that Aregbesola said such? Nobody should be surprised afterall Obj just attracted mosque building investment to yoruba land and Aregbesola is a dyed-in-the wool muslim.so,na the thing be dat.
u just hear ursef, wot does religion got to do wif this? I fink ur sick.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by folahann(m): 6:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
We should be proud of Obasanjo because he's a yoruba man that led the country twice. Nothing more than that.
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by glassman: 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
Obviously there is more to this story than what we're hearin
Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by DANILSA(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
WEATHER YORUBAS LIKE IT OR NOT OBASANJO REMAINS THE STRONGEST AND MOST RELEVANT YORUBA MAN AFTER AWOLOWO AND SECOND TO NONE IN TODAY'S NIGERIA.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by ogele: 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
I am an Igbo man and I am very very proud of him OBJ...God bless OBJ and may he live long...he is one that believe in the Unity of Nigeria. bb pin 28e179d4

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola by freakcin: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
Na wah oooh! Same Obasanjao ECOWAS denounced not long ago! I'm reading some comments here and wondering if all is really well with the human race. . . it is well!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday / Ramadan: Buhari Attends Opening Ceremony Of Ramadan Tafsir In Abuja - Photos / Ekweremadu: Infectious Disease Bill More Dangerous Than Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.