Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results (10215 Views)

Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building / Egyptian Protesters Push An Armoured Police Van Off A Bridge, / Protesters Plan To Bombard Thatcher’s Coffin With Eggs, Coal Or Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by topeorekoy(m): 7:14am On Dec 12, 2012
Supporters of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) today stabbed a New Patriotic Party (NPP) supporter around Nkrumah circle in Accra according to police authorities. The NPP supporter was in company of colleagues on their way to protest the results of last week's presidential election when an NDC supporter stabbed him in the arm.

The controversy over last Friday's election has degenerated in the last few days as supporters of Mr. Nana Akufo-Addo rejected the results of the election claiming it was marred by fraud.
Mr. Akufo-Addo has vowed to test the results of the election before the courts. However, his supporters have grown increasingly restless and embarked on street protests and sometimes attacked journalists in the nation's capital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37D8lAD96A8

http://saharareporters.com
http://topeorekoya..com/2012/12/blood-flows-as-protesters-clash-in.html#more

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Chynx(m): 7:16am On Dec 12, 2012
When will we ever learn? SMH
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Omexonomy: 7:28am On Dec 12, 2012
I thaugt they say the election is free, fair and far better than that of nigeria why all this nonesense
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Emusan(m): 7:31am On Dec 12, 2012
My fellow Ghanian y nw, you knw ppl are followng our foot step e.g 9ja gringringrin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 12, 2012
Typical African show of disgrace!

1 Like

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by fkaz(m): 9:09am On Dec 12, 2012
Omexonomy: I thaugt they say the election is free, fair and far better than that of nigeria why all this nonesense
this picture of clashes Δπϑ protesters in Ghana, is not up to local govt clash in Nigeria election. Not to talk of general election, know b only stabbed ppl go don die
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by mrperfect(m): 9:32am On Dec 12, 2012
Peaceful one is fine.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by vanstanzy(m): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2012
No be small wahala o. But i was of the notion that the election was free and fair. Lets just hope Ghana doesn't slide back to what it used to be. They have come a long way to go back to that dungeon.
THE TROUBLE-SHOOTERS HAVE REMEMBERED GHANA.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Yuzarsif(m): 9:35am On Dec 12, 2012
Hmm na wao
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by richardoz(m): 9:35am On Dec 12, 2012
And they will b claiming they are better than 9ja.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by alaoeri: 9:38am On Dec 12, 2012
If this happen in 9ja dem go talk say na Buhari's statement cause am.

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by feelamong(m): 9:42am On Dec 12, 2012
what do you expect? when even OBJ was one of the "observers' undecided

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by highlandre(m): 9:43am On Dec 12, 2012
I bet there was rigging in Ghana's presidential election. The results were an indication: a mere 3% more votes by the incumbent to win the election despite roaring popularity of the opposition leader leaves a question in its wake.

I don't see why Ghanaians shouldn't protest if they feel cheated by their electoral body; isn't protest a reaction to a negative stimulus? Anyway, let's see what the court will say.

Ghanaians should sustain this peaceful protest to register their grievances against what is capable of derailing their democratic lives
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2012
This is unfortunate In every election, there are bound to be winners and losers.
Its high time we Africans imbibe the value of sportsmanship in elections- congratulate the winner and move freaking on.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Born2beRich1(m): 9:50am On Dec 12, 2012
Ghana is gradually following the sad ways of Nigeria....Ask Mitt romney how he accepted his defeat.....
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Muttex(m): 9:51am On Dec 12, 2012
OBASANJO CAUSED THIS DISGRACE TO GHANA WALAHI. HE WAS THERE TO RIG ELECTION FOR PRES.JOHN...
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by rampantlover: 9:53am On Dec 12, 2012
Datz diz lil skirmishes in GH meks u Nigerians feel better? Our elections is always peaceful than urs. Let's wait for 2015 n see how urs will go.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Biggyd2: 9:53am On Dec 12, 2012
The same Ghana that a NLder keeps telling himself will rule Africa? Na wa o.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by zumarock8(m): 9:58am On Dec 12, 2012
pls u guyz should stop comparin LIONs to DOGs, i mean, Nigeria to Ghana. tongue
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Series22(m): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2012
Omexonomy: I thaugt they say the election is free, fair and far better than that of nigeria why all this nonesense
election wey na obasanjo conduct.. Wat do u expect?
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by maclatunji: 10:05am On Dec 12, 2012
Peace cannot be sustained without justice.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by vanstanzy(m): 10:09am On Dec 12, 2012
"Do not glory in anothers downfall". I tire o, why are peops here glorying in the chaos happening in Ghana?
This is so unfair! Even as a Nigerian i must say the truth, it just isn't fair.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by truefact: 10:09am On Dec 12, 2012
fact remain OBJ is the cause of the problem, he told the opposition election was rigged and came out denied ever saying that...he's a problem everywhere.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by aglomar: 10:10am On Dec 12, 2012
I pray Ghana doesn't go d way of Nigeria.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by gigz31: 10:11am On Dec 12, 2012
fkaz: this picture of clashes Δπϑ protesters in Ghana, is not up to local govt clash in Nigeria election. Not to talk of general election, know b only stabbed ppl go don die
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2012
feelamong: what do you expect? when even OBJ was one of the "observers' undecided
you sure say obasanjo never go talk say politics na do or die for Ghana ? you know our leaders sabi misyarn.na wa o!
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Vincent41(m): 10:16am On Dec 12, 2012
topeorekoy: Supporters of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) today stabbed a New Patriotic Party (NPP) supporter around Nkrumah circle in Accra according to police authorities. The NPP supporter was in company of colleagues on their way to protest the results of last week's presidential election when an NDC supporter stabbed him in the arm.

The controversy over last Friday's election has degenerated in the last few days as supporters of Mr. Nana Akufo-Addo rejected the results of the election claiming it was marred by fraud.
Mr. Akufo-Addo has vowed to test the results of the election before the courts. However, his supporters have grown increasingly restless and embarked on street protests and sometimes attacked journalists in the nation's capital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37D8lAD96A8

http://saharareporters.com
http://topeorekoya..com/2012/12/blood-flows-as-protesters-clash-in.html#more

dis 1 is small na....make una come nigeria see our own protest
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by gigz31: 10:17am On Dec 12, 2012
fkaz: this picture of clashes Δπϑ protesters in Ghana, is not up to local govt clash in Nigeria election. Not to talk of general election, know b only stabbed ppl go don die
..una don dey talk again......the last thing such news made front page people like you were saying that it was just a small gathering now stabbing don enter game una still dey talk....mind you from small gathering to big gathering and from stabbing to killing.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Amoshie(m): 10:21am On Dec 12, 2012
Yes it was blv me am presently in ghana n most of ds posts r ol false so far there isnt any clash btwn anybdy 4 sure d opposition have rejectd d results bt thre isnt any commotion anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by armadeo(m): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2012
The dude that was stabbed me thinks it would have been better to run on your own feet than be backed by another. It was ur forearm from the look of things not your torso, abdomen,neck head or even legs so why are u on someones back??

On a more serious note ghana has to chill out this can blast them back to the naija age

1 Like

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by rickross2: 10:32am On Dec 12, 2012
The NPP candidates believe the election was rigged, and i think its true. Our own OBJ went to Ghana to cause wahala. Same day he landed in ghana he went to visit the president and the everyone condemns this act, bc being the chief observer you are not supposed to visit any candidate till the elections are over. There are many areas OBJ didn't allow media to show face since he claims he wields so much power as AU Observer or whatever.

The election was rigged to favor the ruling party, and now everyone is telling the opposition party to chill out and accept defeat so that people will call ghana good names
Life is becoming unbearable to average ghanaian and they really needed a change of government. most people I know in Ghana voted for the opposition party. I told my wife no matter how many people that voted the opposition their votes wont matter bc its almost impossible to win a sitting president in Africa no matter how we pretend about ghanas democracy, Africa will always be africa and this is a clear example.

Follow my post during and after Ghanas presidential election: https://www.nairaland.com/1126593/ghana-presidential-election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russian Iskander Missiles - The Answer To US/NATO/Israeli Missile Interceptors / Kayleigh McEnany Test Positive For COVID-19 / Nelson Mandela Discharged From Hospital!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.