Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft (6519 Views)

Jonathan Seeks Support Of Yoruba Leaders To Get More South-West Votes / Boko Haram Calls For Election Boycott, Jonathan Seeks US Help / Patience's Health: Jonathan Seeks Special Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by EteFlexible: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan has solicited the support of United States of America (USA) government to fight the Boko Haram menace as well as crude oil theft in the Niger Delta region.

He made the call when he received the Commander of the United States’ Africa Command, AFRICOM, General Carter Ham, who paid a courtesy call to the State House,Abuja, yesterday.

The President called on theUnited Statesto assistNigeriato find lasting solution to the security challenges, such as Boko Haram, policing the nation’s extensive maritime borders, crude oil theft and kidnapping.

While commending the global role of theUSAin promoting global peace and security, Jonathan said the role played by theUSAhad engendered a safer and more secure world.

According toJonathan,Nigeriadeeply “appreciates the commitment of theUnited Statesto assist in ensuring that the world is safe and secure.”

He also briefed General Ham on his visit toMaliand the efforts by ECOWAS to resolve the conflict in that country, adding that the situation could still be contained if the right steps are taken quickly.

Earlier, Gen. Ham had revealed that he had taken advantage of his paper presentation at theNationalDefenceCollegeto hold talks with security agencies on ways to strengthen the partnership between Nigerian and American forces.

He promised that theUSAwas ready to cooperate withNigeriain areas such as maritime security, communications, development of civil-military capabilities, and resolving the conflict inMali.

Gen. Ham commendedNigeria’sDefenceCollegefor the harmonious working relationship between military personnel and civilians with participants from neighbouring countries on security issues.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/jonathan-seeks-us-support-to-tackle-boko-haram-oil-theft/

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by inspirenet: 10:15am On Dec 12, 2012
Good wink
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Walexz02(m): 10:50am On Dec 12, 2012
Chai! Mr. Jonah... Shebi na u ray boko bois ar nt terrorists.. Na u sabi...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Demdem(m): 11:00am On Dec 12, 2012
I thought Tompolo, boyloaf, asari, Ateke and their kind are being paid billions just to tackle oil theft undecided

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by EteFlexible: 11:32am On Dec 12, 2012
Walexz02: Source... Abi na u form the news?
Here is the source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/jonathan-seeks-us-support-to-tackle-boko-haram-oil-theft/ what else do u have to say than a make up story!!!
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by autumnflower(f): 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2012
Wrong move, Wrongest move.. Ask iraq, libya, egypt, and every other place they have been.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by olivegirl(f): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
Demdem: I thought Tompolo, boyloaf, asari, Ateke and their kind are being paid billions just to tackle oil theft undecided
Recurrent bill
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
An invitation For invasion

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by olivegirl(f): 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
JesUs l0ves 12

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by highlandre(m): 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
I support this move, after all David Cameron also sought the help of an American security expert in quelling last year's Occupy supermarts. If collaborating with th US to solve these security concerns will bring peace back to our society, so be it!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by bfacekenne(m): 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
This wat d americans have being waitin 4, 4 dem 2 carry out dere evil quest, dis is hw dey wil destroy everytin, cause more confusion, selin weapons 2 naija, and using war 2 make money, illuminati shit,

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by EteFlexible: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
autumn.flower:
Wrong move, Wrongest move.. Ask iraq, libya, egypt, and every other place they have been.

Nice observation but note also that this paces you just mentioned are not in the kind of situation we are in, like Iraq was at war with the world while the people of Libya with Egypt were at war with either governments.... This is Naij and we are used to shinning our eyes in every thing we do not withstanding how cunning the US can be we are also capable of playing that game with them if the tend to play it with us......
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by konami001: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
PREPARE FOR DRONE ATTACKS people...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by iamswizz(m): 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2012
Shebi dem talk sey dem no go help us if we no make Gay marriage Legal?
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by xteve(m): 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
Oh GEJ is ready to fight BH now, I thought he said they are not terrorist group when the US wanted to help then
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Wsdm: 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2012
Why not add the third and most infectious monster: 'MR. CORRUPTION'? Or do you have a sinister motive about this one? If this man feels he is not capable to handle the security situation in the country which is the primary aim of his been there, simply resign and pave way for people who have clue. I believe he is inviting them to help him remain in power after 2015 considering the goodwill he has lost amongst his benefactors and the political heavyweight that are planning to oust him from power.
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by DMainMan: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
USA wil b happy now. De wont even hesitate to come. Their strategic plan is now yielding dividends. De and prominent nigeria politicians have been sponsoring bokoharam to destabilise Nigeria in order to penetrate her government and steal oil. No wonder y they refuse to label this dreadful organisation as terrorist. USA will eventually give those politicians that aid there cause massive wealth.

De av successfully used dis method to steal oil from Iran, Venezuela, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Palestine and many more. De ar not after our development but rather for selfish interest. De hate us and do not want us to grow. They hypocritically assist us with finance because of huge interest rate so dat we wil b bowing for them. Then de wil use this opportunity to command and control us just like fuel subsidy and devaluation of our currency.

War is not gud at all. America wil use dis opportunity to usurp all Nigeria's wealth and control it. I really pity Niger delta peeps. i really do. One of my freind said dat he dreamt that dere wil b drone flown around wit people running helter skelter. I think his dream might come true o .

Former US president, Bill Clinton said there wil b no Nigeria in 2015 when he came to Nigeria in year 2000. US c us as threat to dem in governing Africa just like Venezuela to South America. De ar working towards it through bokoharam and d likes. GOD PUNISH USA, THE KING OF TERRORIST. because U ARE WORLD POWER, U KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR SELFISH INTEREST. HELPING TERRORIST NATIONS LIKE ISRAEL IN KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR THEIR POCKET. D ONLY THING CONSTANT IN LIFE IS CHANGE. U WIL SOON FALL AND VENGEANCE WILL B MADE UNTO U
[size=12pt][/size]

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by TeeSeven(m): 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
What exactly does Mr Jonathan want? The US says, 'let's label these guys as terrorists so we can go after them', our govt says 'NO'. And now Mr president wants help in tackling them.
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by richardoz(m): 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
He has no power to tackle them therefore he needs foreign assistance.
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 12:42pm On Dec 12, 2012
This is the beginning of our problem, trust me! May we not end up like Libya in Jesus name
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by SisiKill1: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hmmm, I wonder how the Foreign Bodies he claims to have persuaded to come to come invest in Nigeria feel about this new development. Shei it was just a few months ago he was in Brazil telling International press "I got this" re: Boko Haram?

I tell ya more and more GEJ shows he is working with the mindset of a child. Anyone who has been around 2 to 3 yrs Olds is no doubt familiar with this scenario.....they wanna show off their independence by doing things they are clearly not yet capable of....like tying their shoes or zipping up their jackets, when you try to help or make a suggestion. ...they scream no, I can do it or I am doing it, 5 mins later they come back to you to help them. cheesy

When we were saying he shoulda cleaned house first before going to conferences to invite people, his supporters said he knows what he is doing, calling for foreign investors is another way of fighting the Boko Haram (please, please no ask me to explain the logic in that statement).....yet here we are today.

God help us.
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by EteFlexible: 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
Tee_Seven: What exactly does Mr Jonathan want? The US says, 'let's label these guys as terrorists so we can go after them', our govt says 'NO'. And now Mr president wants help in tackling them.

Lets look this other way round, we Nigerians are tired of Boko Haram, forget the self pride its clear we can't push the fight to the level the govt would have love to. So additional hands won't be a bad move so far as it will clear this terrible situation once and for all so as we can benefit from the good governance of GEJ has he moves the country forward in every aspect.....
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by chiteny(m): 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
Very wrong move uncle Jona. Very wrong move. We may regret this very action in a couple or years or months from now.
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by DMainMan: 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
Fruittyswaqboii: This is the beginning of our problem, trust me! May we not end up like Libya in Jesus name

Nyc one bros. May ALLAH, THE ALMIGHTY save us from these devils on earth. Many Nigerians are ignorant.
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Dibangoking(m): 1:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
God help us all..........
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Napolitano(m): 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
It's like the man of the house telling another man to put his house in order for him. It's obvious that Nigeria has become too complicated to handle by the present government. We have problems and we don't have a clue on their solution. Right now Borno has been a hot zone like Aleppo in Syria for close to a year now. A very discouraging situation.
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
Demdem: I thought Tompolo, boyloaf, asari, Ateke and their kind are being paid billions just to tackle oil theft undecided

GEJ has finally realized that the boyz will seize the forthcoming 2015 elections to ask for more money and he is only trying to checkmate em.. imagine Tompolo as Governor of Bayelsa instead of Patience Jonathan grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
at last the country had fallen
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Zet72(m): 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
DMainMan: USA wil b happy now. De wont even hesitate to come. Their strategic plan is now yielding dividends. De and prominent nigeria politicians have been sponsoring bokoharam to destabilise Nigeria in order to penetrate her government and steal oil. No wonder y they refuse to label this dreadful organisation as terrorist. USA will eventually give those politicians that aid there cause massive wealth.

De av successfully used dis method to steal oil from Iran, Venezuela, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Palestine and many more. De ar not after our development but rather for selfish interest. De hate us and do not want us to grow. They hypocritically assist us with finance because of huge interest rate so dat we wil b bowing for them. Then de wil use this opportunity to command and control us just like fuel subsidy and devaluation of our currency.

War is not gud at all. America wil use dis opportunity to usurp all Nigeria's wealth and control it. I really pity Niger delta peeps. i really do. One of my freind said dat he dreamt that dere wil b drone flown around wit people running helter skelter. I think his dream might come true o .

Former US president, Bill Clinton said there wil b no Nigeria in 2015 when he came to Nigeria in year 2000. US c us as threat to dem in governing Africa just like Venezuela to South America. De ar working towards it through bokoharam and d likes. GOD PUNISH USA, THE KING OF TERRORIST. because U ARE WORLD POWER, U KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR SELFISH INTEREST. HELPING TERRORIST NATIONS LIKE ISRAEL IN KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR THEIR POCKET. D ONLY THING CONSTANT IN LIFE IS CHANGE. U WIL SOON FALL AND VENGEANCE WILL B MADE UNTO U
[/size]
tongue
DMainMan: [size=12pt]USA wil b happy now. De wont even hesitate to come. Their strategic plan is now yielding dividends. De and prominent nigeria politicians have been sponsoring bokoharam to destabilise Nigeria in order to penetrate her government and steal oil. No wonder y they refuse to label this dreadful organisation as terrorist. USA will eventually give those politicians that aid there cause massive wealth.

Former US president, Bill Clinton said there wil b no Nigeria in 2015 when he came to Nigeria in year 2000. US c us as threat to dem in governing Africa just like Venezuela to South America. De ar working towards it through bokoharam and d likes. GOD PUNISH USA, THE KING OF TERRORIST. because U ARE WORLD POWER, U KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR SELFISH INTEREST. HELPING TERRORIST NATIONS LIKE ISRAEL IN KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR THEIR POCKET. D ONLY THING CONSTANT IN LIFE IS CHANGE. U WIL SOON FALL AND VENGEANCE WILL B MADE UNTO U[size=12pt][/size]
u are a big fool an inredeemable one ,Israel is a terrorist nation while Iraq,Iran,Afghanistan,Yemen,Pakistan are saints ,Sory that I called a fool but u look like one no offence.
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Zet72(m): 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
DMainMan: USA wil b happy now. De wont even hesitate to come. Their strategic plan is now yielding dividends. De and prominent nigeria politicians have been sponsoring bokoharam to destabilise Nigeria in order to penetrate her government and steal oil. No wonder y they refuse to label this dreadful organisation as terrorist. USA will eventually give those politicians that aid there cause massive wealth.

[/size]
tongue
DMainMan: [size=12pt]USA wil b happy now. De wont even hesitate to come. Their strategic plan is now yielding dividends. De and prominent nigeria politicians have been sponsoring bokoharam to destabilise Nigeria in order to penetrate her government and steal oil. No wonder y they refuse to label this dreadful organisation as terrorist. USA will eventually give those politicians that aid there cause massive wealth.

Former US president, Bill Clinton said there wil b no Nigeria in 2015 when he came to Nigeria in year 2000. US c us as threat to dem in governing Africa just like Venezuela to South America. De ar working towards it through bokoharam and d likes. GOD PUNISH USA, THE KING OF TERRORIST. because U ARE WORLD POWER, U KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR SELFISH INTEREST. HELPING TERRORIST NATIONS LIKE ISRAEL IN KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR THEIR POCKET. D ONLY THING CONSTANT IN LIFE IS CHANGE. U WIL SOON FALL AND VENGEANCE WILL B MADE UNTO U[size=12pt][/size]
u are a big fool an inredeemable one ,Israel is a terrorist nation while Iraq,Iran,Afghanistan,Yemen,Pakistan are saints ,Sory that I called a fool but u look like one no offence.
Re: Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft by Zet72(m): 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
DMainMan:

Nyc one bros. May ALLAH, THE ALMIGHTY save us from these devils on earth. Many Nigerians are ignorant.
grin
DMainMan:

Which Allah ,the one that is busy destroying north true boko-haram or which one "explain"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Has Been Recognized Since June 30th 1849 / Thousands Of IPOB In London Intensify Search For Buhari In All Hospitals / Governor Wike Vs Governor Ambode - See Gobe (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.