Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 (13524 Views)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / Forbes Names Okonjo-iweala Most Powerful Woman in Africa 48th in the World 2015 / Influential Women To Watch In Buhari’s Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Frosti(m): 4:29am On Dec 13, 2012
Nice one.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nwogbe: 4:29am On Dec 13, 2012
Congrates NL
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Tenderly1(f): 4:30am On Dec 13, 2012
Bad bele people make una look bush,if e pain una make una go create koboland. Ekpan flies like una .seun you try, but you can do better.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by martyns303(m): 4:47am On Dec 13, 2012
Hope Nairaland won't ask us to pay for membership soon. Imagine trying to log in and ur asked to chose a payment option first.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 13, 2012
Seun just needs to get rid of those mods, especially that female loving one.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by birdman(m): 5:25am On Dec 13, 2012
ditching google ads is a bold move. there is no telling how much leverage you can exert controlling ads - you are essentially a media company now. congrats seun

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Abujafood: 5:35am On Dec 13, 2012
Watch out for abujafood.com in 2014!

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Mcdondayan: 5:38am On Dec 13, 2012
tpacalipse: Seun just needs to get rid of those mods, especially that female loving one.
especially maclatunji. He should be sent to central mosque abuja.
Congrats Oluwaseun Osewa.

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by ignis: 5:55am On Dec 13, 2012
Yes we made It.
I would like to compliment all my honourable moderators.
Long live Nairaland.
Long live Nigeria.
Long live Ignis.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by luluosas(m): 6:07am On Dec 13, 2012
Oga Seun, congrats ooooooo. I hope you will share some 'REVENUE' with us 'your' Nairaland users soon.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Pharoh: 6:24am On Dec 13, 2012
I don't think there is any thing to watch for about nairaland as it will always fall below expectation due to the shortsightedness and greediness of the owner. undecided
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by trix1: 6:25am On Dec 13, 2012
[size=14pt]Misleading title!![/size]
Nairaland wasn't mentioned as Tech startups to watch in 2013 in this article, it was only mentioned for Commercialization!!

3 Likes

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by esere826: 6:25am On Dec 13, 2012
@Seun

I have only one word for you and some people that dont understand the value of NL: a55holes
So untill Forbes and other oyibo media raise ur hand, u no go fit raise ur own hand abi?

I guess now u will understand why I was so bitter about your forum not being used instead of Twitter during GEJ's presidential debate
https://www.nairaland.com/1107383/seun-reno-wtf-why-twitter

We really need to stop waiting for commendation from oyibo, before we start appreciating what we have
It is killing our innovation, adoption and adaption of technology

a55holes

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by dopeJemi: 6:29am On Dec 13, 2012
FORBES??

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by mystikal(m): 6:29am On Dec 13, 2012
It is always nice when an effort is appreciated and even more impreSsive is NL's longevity. However NL can be bigger than it is presntly. Been using NL since 2005'n its been a slow growth compared to what we see everyday around. At the end of the day I guess Seun is just a contented kind of guy. Not in a hurry for the big time.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Pharoh: 6:34am On Dec 13, 2012
trix!:
Misleading title!!
Nairaland wasn't mentioned as Tech startups to watch in this article, it was only mentioned for Commercialization!!

That should have been only way forward for nairaland for a long time but greediness will not allow them to do the right thing, there is a limit to where a one man company can go without external aid. Other start-ups are already cornering the options nairaland should have gone by focusing on one sector like irokotv, jumia, dealfish and more.

Nairaland should have been a platform for so many start-up to spring out from but look at what it is today.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 13, 2012
Good one cool
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Napolitano(m): 6:36am On Dec 13, 2012
The truth about this might be that the guy @ Iroktv who also owns kuluya.com probably liases with Mfonobong to write great reviews about him. Look at all the forbes review about African IT stuff. It's all by the same person (mfonobong) and similar content with the Iroktv company.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 13, 2012
a few months ago, i campaigned for changes, rather than the common gossip blogs circulating on the common nigerian websites...things are getting boring and really don't see the nairaland excitement anymore. Yes, nairaland needs an app now. and probably a transformed UI. i dont know what can be changed to achieve that, but this i do know...you guys need apps now, for relevance sake.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by ignis: 6:38am On Dec 13, 2012
Pharoh: I don't think there is any thing to watch for about nairaland as it will always fall below expectation due to the shortsightedness and greediness of the owner. undecided
Haters please get behind me. What have you acheived in life? Who knows you?
Am just allergic to haters.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by FXKing2012(m): 6:38am On Dec 13, 2012
This is the Nigerian dream
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by laykhorn(m): 6:43am On Dec 13, 2012
Congrats Seun..
This calls for celebration
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by agog: 6:47am On Dec 13, 2012
Best wishes Seun
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 13, 2012
I observed sumthing, irokotv and nairaland depended on google for some aspect of their business, but later abandoned such to start independent. This shows i need you to achieve my aim and if i can do to sum extent wit out you, i might opt out *thinking out loud*smiley
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by jmoore(m): 6:51am On Dec 13, 2012
If nairaland is a startup then facebook is a startup too.
The title is misleading..smh
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by expertfingers(m): 6:59am On Dec 13, 2012
At what point exactly did nairaland become a startup?

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by olempe(m): 7:01am On Dec 13, 2012
seedord247: This shows that you can be whatever you wanna be no matter your family background..... cool

Pls tell us Seun's background
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by tpia1: 7:04am On Dec 13, 2012
akintun: Majority of d ratings on Forbes, with regard to African is done by an individual called mfonobong nsehe. All his ratings are not official Forbes ratings. He is a contributor to Forbes. I only know of one official Africa ratings, and dat is d 40 richest people in Africa.

He's rather controversial, it seems.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Smooyis(m): 7:04am On Dec 13, 2012
Great job seun. Howeva, the character of d letters is too small on my BB, so I have to zoom and zoom each time. So get different applications for diffent phones as many have said. And also improve d quality of ur moderators. They are doing a grt job as well. But their is still room for improvement. Training and retraining. Finally, there is need for specialization. You can't do all. Focus more a few areas and let other naijarians do the others in order for you to be effective and produce quality service. Best of luck.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Sabretooth1(m): 7:07am On Dec 13, 2012
Those mods would be the end for nairaland. Some ban for simply viewing a thread. Some users have lost interest after opening several alternate accounts and having those ones banned too.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Afamdman(m): 7:13am On Dec 13, 2012
Thank you for giving us a board to spring from.

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 13, 2012
Congrats to all of us for our vibrant debates, fights, jokes, discussions, reportage and ability to connect with ourselves. WE the members of Nairaland have done well. Thanks to Seun for the platform to express ourselves.....except we are not always allowed to express ourselves.

Most of us have good ideas we could share with you Seun, but with Mods clamping down on us when we try to play a little, we spend more time being pissed than being helpful.

Not hating though, I wish you all the best.... But sexkillz still sucks ( I have a right to my opinions)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Oshiomhole Behind Ogun APC Crisis – Anisulowo / ‘I Was Trained To Be Combative’ – Adams Oshiomhole Tells Critics / Sowore, Bakare, Falana: SERAP Petitions DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.