Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 (13521 Views)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / Forbes Names Okonjo-iweala Most Powerful Woman in Africa 48th in the World 2015 / Influential Women To Watch In Buhari’s Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Frostyzone(m): 7:14am On Dec 13, 2012
Starting this forum is inspired. Well done Seun.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by AlterEgoTM: 7:17am On Dec 13, 2012
First of all, the article only had two sentences that refers to Nairaland.

Secondly, Nairaland is not among the 5 techies listed in the article.

Thirdly, an establishment can no longer be described as a "start up" if it had been in existence since 2005!

Nairaland does not only blow its own trumpet, this article is criminally mis-leading!!!

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by tpia1: 7:20am On Dec 13, 2012
Na today?

Every so often, they wind seun up like that.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by tutu1: 7:30am On Dec 13, 2012
If Nigeria can only have constant power supply things like cost of internet will become really cheap for the common man, then you will see how strong our economy can be and how fast our on line presence and innovation can grown, I mean we are 150 million strong and half of that crowd cant access constant internet. anyway nice job guys it can only get better.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Series22(m): 7:31am On Dec 13, 2012
Gaiden k: This is not the time to be resentful or to hate,let's celebrate a Nigerian youth that had done something for himself and his country,we have our sentiments and there are still room for improvements to be made but we should be encouraging this Nigerian. Seun you need to focus more now,it only gets better,you have done good,kudos. Am igbo by the way.
u are a big fooo.l. Wat has being an igbo got 2 do with dis. Ewu
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by shaneroberts26: 7:34am On Dec 13, 2012
Ehen,wetin com happen?
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by manny4life(m): 7:37am On Dec 13, 2012
Lol, if almost going to 8 years and later, we're still referring it to a start-up, GOOGLE is also a start-up, so is Facebook, so is Instagram, Groupon, Living Social, and the list is endless.

Seun still has a long way to go, at this rate, he can't keep up with technology. Seun suppose to have been active in the media conglomerate Africa by now, he suppose have media empire if he just chose to diversify. I guess he's ok with the status quo, nothing wrong with. Then again, he should watch out because sooner or later, if he doesn't bring fresh ideas on NL, and for now no competitors, when it does lack in the long run, it won't be good.

At least for now, congratulations to Seun and company, grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by dridowu: 7:45am On Dec 13, 2012
Congrat to Seun and his team
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by sweetrace(f): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2012
3 Gbosaaahs for Seun!!! Your ride can only get better.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by ignis: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2012
dridowu: Congrat to Seun and his team
Thank you very much.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Michky: 7:54am On Dec 13, 2012
AlterEgo™:

Thirdly, an establishment can no longer be described as a "start up" if it had been in existence since 2005!

Nairaland does not only blow its own trumpet, this article is criminally mis-leading!!!
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 13, 2012
If NL is called one of the best start up Techsn then am ashamed. The mods are intolerant, the NLanders are so pessimistic and the site has no mobile app. Owners of this site needs to drive away kids and attrack better social commentators. An average NLander has 2. Handles so just gues the real members in a world of 7b people.

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by mortee: 8:01am On Dec 13, 2012
azpeculiar: Almost a 1000000 members? With members having miltiple IDs, the true membership is closer to 3/4 of that figure!

The multiple IDs shoud not be blamed on Seun but on members who find it difficult to be sincere in their dealings. He took a bold step and no matter the rating he gets today, the important thing was that he started something legal and useful for almost all age groups; not yahoo-yahoo.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by vislabraye(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2012
pompori king: So what's the fuss aboutwho even tell una sey ure the biggest forum in africa..abeg jhor.this boring nairaland

Which is the biggest forum in Africa?
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by solomonkane(m): 8:14am On Dec 13, 2012
seedord247:

Dont let your intestine control your brain for you.. Why cant you start with Ali and simbi if you cant read.... angry

Where in my comment did you see me mentioned seun?... I use [/b]that as a quote for fellas who look down on [b]thierself bcus of aridity family background...

Actually he i.e. @GudluckIBB is right, your post is incoherent, your sentence formation is poor & and your thought process is abysmal to say the least.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by pitoski(m): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2012
After Linda Ikeji's blog was recognisede by Forbes, I told by friends that Seun Owner of Nairaland deserves better recognition than Linda even though Seun like hiding his face. Am happy that Nairaland and Seu is getting its deserved recognition. Lesson learnt is just believe in your dreams and pursue them, one day the world will knw you. Congrats to Seun and all Moderators.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by opeoluwa2(f): 8:29am On Dec 13, 2012
Congrats to seun and all the mods,crews,engineers and its members.
My desire is to see nairaland on top and ahead of its peers.
How do you think this can be achieved?
Firstly,seun has to listen to the complains of his members.
Secondly,check ur mods,sanitise the topic that makes front page.
Thirdly,look for a solution to banned monikers.The issue of multiple-ID can not be completely ruledout,but it can be checked and be discouraged.
Lastly,please include the dislike button(if its possible) that way forum members will help in discouraging some silly post.Especially religious and tribal online heat.
Congrats seun,make 2013 a year of improving Nairaland.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by symbianDON(m): 8:29am On Dec 13, 2012
ok then!!!! So shouldn't we be sharing dividends now at the end of every financial year? At least nairaland is now big business and we are seun's shareholders. tongue
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by NessaFresh(f): 8:30am On Dec 13, 2012
Techwriter: So this Forbes is yet to include Eloquent Touch Media as a dominant internet marketing company in Africa. Then what's their yardstick?
Funny
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by freakcin: 8:31am On Dec 13, 2012
Comprehension is really a problem in Nigeria. Nairaland wasn't referred to as a start-up tech, it was mentioned in a commercial context, una dey craze

Seun, congrats jare! Don't let the words of jobless haters affect you oooh!

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by SamMilla1(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2012
Good development. It gives hope.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 13, 2012
akintun: Majority of d ratings on Forbes, with regard to African is done by an individual called mfonobong nsehe. All his ratings are not official Forbes ratings. He is a contributor to Forbes. I only know of one official Africa ratings, and dat is d 40 richest people in Africa.

No, it is official, at least for Forbes Africa.

Mfonobong worked briefly in my former company (Corporate Communications department) before joining Forbes Africa.

He was also the one that did Nigeria's Richest pastors, Wale Tinubu: King of African Oil etc for Forbes.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by elbinmanny(m): 8:35am On Dec 13, 2012
Gaiden k: This is not the time to be resentful or to hate,let's celebrate a Nigerian youth that had done something for himself and his country,we have our sentiments and there are still room for improvements to be made but we should be encouraging this Nigerian. Seun you need to focus more now,it only gets better,you have done good,kudos. Am igbo by the way.
Who tell u say seun na youth
The guy is in his late 50s ogringringrin and his mods in their early 80s cheesycheesycheesy
And must u add "I'm igbo"!!!!! Who ask u??
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Freiburger(m): 8:39am On Dec 13, 2012
tpia1: Nairaland is still a start up?
Oh yes, with no limit to how big it will grow.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 13, 2012
Most of these guys running dier mouth have never achieved anything tangible in their lives ! That being said seun.You have to make research and move with time,remember Myspace,yahoo messanger;we don't want that to happen to Nairaland.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Awoofawo(m): 9:07am On Dec 13, 2012
tellwisdom:

This english is confusing sad sad…well, if it involves money, seun send me a PM nw, so i send you my account number angry angry

Seun should starts paying us salary for regularly posting in nairaland so o! I use this occasion to congr the G.O.C of the biggest Garri-son on Garriland! Up team garri. Mr Seun wey my 2cups of garri for my post?!

1 Like

Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by pitoski(m): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2012
AlterEgo™:

agreee with you. But dey probably dey have have their hidden criteria. How I wished nairaland is among the 5 start up.
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2012
ignis:
Haters please get behind me. What have you acheived in life? Who knows you?
Am just allergic to haters.
He said the fact bro. Nairaland is somewhat stagnant in terms of development. Just the conventional thing anybody can come up with. The owner should employ UI designers and Mobile App designers for this platform. Unless that is done, he will keep going in circles. The only thing sustaining nairaland is the name it has been able to build over time. My advice is that he brings in professional web programmers to improve on the User Interface and possibly, develop a cross platform mobile app for Nairaland. Thanks. Hope the owner reads this. Well, if the owner needs help with UI and Mobile APP designs, Let him visit http://dayvillesolutions.com
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by pitoski(m): 9:11am On Dec 13, 2012
Awoofawo:

Seun should starts paying us salary for regularly posting in nairaland so o! I use this occasion to congr the G.O.C of the biggest Garri-son on Garriland! Up team garri. Mr Seun wey my 2cups of garri for my post?!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Forbes Names Nairaland As Techs Startups To Watch In 2013 by niceprof: 9:18am On Dec 13, 2012
BlackPikiN: Honestly Seun is not doing well.

Linda Ikeji and IrokoTV of yesterday are making serious money.

Thank God say Seun eyes open small.
There are still enough ways to make money on NL but Seun too dey fear to make bold/radical changes.
Seun should wake up!
\

Linda ikeji and irokotv are owned by igbos,so they are in business to make money,sometimes i think seun is more of a nice guy and the way he is going he might one day put up nairaland for sale.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Oshiomhole Behind Ogun APC Crisis – Anisulowo / Imodecides: Emeka Ihedioha And Wife Casting Their Vote In Mbutu / Sowore, Bakare, Falana: SERAP Petitions DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.