Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,180 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? (2124 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by bikokwe(m): 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2008
sincerely today i worked the hell out of myself i was so tired and i thanked God for creating ladies that do chores at home.I paused for a while and asked myself if i wud still do such domestic work when i am married.after all i know of a man that do same almost everyday i mean sweeping,washing scrubing e.t.c.so whats your opinion N.landers
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by LadyT(f): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2008
Women work as well.

Its unfair for a woman to slave away all day at work and then slave away when she gets home. A man should help out where he can. Whether its looking after the children while she cooks. Ironing or whatever. Its a partnership not slave and mastership.
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by bikokwe(m): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2008
But instead of stressin oneself after a hectic day,wudnt a maid be necessary?
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by bikokwe(m): 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2008
MAYBE A" MAID IN MANHANTA"
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by LadyT(f): 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2008
grin

Just make sure she ugly and crossed eyed we all know what happens when the husband is left alone with the maid tongue
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2008
Get someone to clean. I heard there are a lot of latinos in America you can exploit for 2 grandnuts!
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by naijadiva2(f): 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2008
michelin89:

Get someone to clean. I heard there are a lot of latinos in America you can exploit for 2 grandnuts!

aww, that was not nice.
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2008
Sorry.
There are people who are willing to do your chores for a decent pay.

Is that better?

*you guys are killing my villain spirit*
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by darkey(m): 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2008
personally, i dont like house chores. argh!!! and to get a maid too from stories is not the best option. the best thing i think that can be done is to get a help and comes everyday, does the chores and leaves till the next day or it can be for only a few days of the days. that might work
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by Seun(m): 9:18pm On Feb 15, 2008
Here's another way to put it: leave it to the professionals. It's not exploitation, it's business. wink
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by darkey(m): 9:21pm On Feb 15, 2008
nice one, seun
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by iice(f): 12:02pm On Feb 16, 2008
@Topic. . .yes so he can enjoy the stress with us grin
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by darlingD(m): 1:39pm On Feb 16, 2008
It is good to help out sometimes.
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by bikokwe(m): 6:38pm On Feb 16, 2008
i pray i will be willin to smiley.haba when will i take a break?
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by sistajay(f): 9:01pm On Feb 16, 2008
If he can't afford a home help, I see nothing wrong in a man helping out with the house work.
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by bawomolo(m): 11:54pm On Feb 16, 2008
home help are affordable, they are called kids.
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by almondjoy(f): 12:12am On Feb 17, 2008
Of course. It is more fun that way. kiss
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by dragnet: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2008
It shuld be 'supplementary' not 'neccessary' & he shuldnt wait to be asked b4 doing it especially when its obvious she needs it. . . . . . . .
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by TheSly: 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2008

It shuld be 'supplementary' not 'neccessary' & he shuldnt wait to be asked before doing it especially when its obvious she needs it. . . . . . . .

hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn . . . . . . . right cool
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2008
@post
yes
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by Islander(f): 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2008
@topic,

why not? Is he feeble?
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by Guchis(f): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2008
dragnet:

It shuld be 'supplementary' not 'neccessary' & he shuldnt wait to be asked before doing it especially when its obvious she needs it. . . . . . . .

Word.
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2008
Yes, but on his terms. No "it's your turn to do the dishes darling" kinda talk! grin
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by sokan: 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2008
Hi,
It is good for a man to be involved as it shows that you care for your spouse. If you believe in culture which did not support it then you will receive the result when your spouse starts complaining of stress.
sokan
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by amsky(m): 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2008
Yes a man should be involved in chores now. In Nigeria most guys frown when you call them to help you do a bit around the house. But here,it's done more willingly. My hubby bathes my older child,and feeds them both most of the time. He picks up after himself too. cheesy
I'm so sure if Nigeria,that would not have been the case. It also brings a couple close too-i think. When you are in the kitchen together,or bathing and dressing the kids together and all of that.

Sometimes too,he[b] JUST[/b] has to do it otherwise, hunger go tear im belle grin
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by topkin(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ poster

YES he should. Do you want to kill the woman?
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2008
amsky:

Yes a man should be involved in chores now. In Nigeria most guys frown when you call them to help you do a bit around the house. But here,it's done more willingly. My hubby bathes my older child,and feeds them both most of the time. He picks up after himself too. cheesy
I'm so sure if Nigeria,that would not have been the case. It also brings a couple close too-i think. When you are in the kitchen together,or bathing and dressing the kids together and all of that.

Sometimes too,he[b] JUST[/b] has to do it otherwise, hunger go tear im belle grin

Hmmmmmm, God dey sha.
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by bikokwe(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2008
sometimes relations starts insinuating diabolic manifestation.they consider it as uncyclic
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 22, 2008
there is no big boy or big man when it comes to house chores these days. my little sister lives with me and i dont even ask her to do anything. na me dey put my hand inside toilet, na me dey scrub floor and wash plates sometimes.
its no big deal. my guy if u don start am make u continue.
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by Gamine(f): 2:09am On Feb 22, 2008
aah He better be involved!

Na only me wey dey involve to carry belle!!!
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by kolaoloye(m): 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2008
to get your wife`s attention,the earlier you help her the better for you.
Re: Should A Man Be Involved In House Chores? by beautiquin(f): 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2008
why nt, when God say we should be helping ourselves. Men have more power nd muscles to do house chores. Infact we women should only cook and leave the rest to you guys except taking care of the baby.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Would You Spend For Your First Wedding/Marriage Anniversary? / How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? / Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.