Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,140 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) (1761 Views)

My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 / Married Ladies->how Was Your First Day In Your Matrimonial Home? / House Wife Caught Making Love To Gate Man On Her Matrimonial Bed(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by AleciaM(f): 11:38am On Dec 13, 2012
A friend of mine got married last year, they live in a bungalow but no babies yet. Her elder brother who is of the same age group with her husband wants to move in with her since there are lot of vacant rooms in their apartment.

She's worried cos her brother if allowed to move in might probably not move out till he is comfortable enough which might take him four or more years. And she also felt its somehow to harbour her elder brother in her matrimonial home, she believes it would have been more reasonable had it been a younger brother.

She hasn't discuss with her husband yet though, that's why she asked for my advice but am not married I don't know how these things works.

Please what do you think she should do, allow her elder brother in to her house or not?
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by Pacify: 11:50am On Dec 13, 2012
I don't think it's a good idea to allow one's early brother to come live in one's matrimonial home. Some men sha!
Why didn't the dude stay in his parents own house since he can't afford an apartment for himself?
Besides, if the sister hadn't gotten married, wouldn't he have found a place to lay his head?
The brother should be ashamed of himself for even thinking of such, it's really annoying!!
angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by hrmkz: 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
Totally not acceptable, the elder brother should look elsewhere!
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
This is not allowed under any guise,why would any elder brother in his right mind wanna move in wif his newly wedded sis? undecided

Some peeps sha!
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
Thank you to the above readers who commented. For me, NO! NO! NO! Is the so called brother not ashamed of himself? Where was he staying in the first place to begin with?

This is a big disaster waiting to happen if she consents to it; also, the husband must know and he should make the final decision.

Again, their marriage is still at the teething stage; they don't need to have anyone with them yet. Abi your friend no wan explore everywhere in the house with her husband before children come?

1 Like

Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by Akshow: 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
What a shameless elder brother. Rawbish
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by Odunnu: 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
Alecia.M:
A friend of mine got married last year, they live in a bungalow but no babies yet. Her elder brother who is of the same age group with her husband wants to move in with her since there are lot of vacant rooms in their apartment.

She's worried cos her brother if allowed to move in might probably not move out till he is comfortable enough which might take him four or more years. And she also felt its somehow to harbour her elder brother in her matrimonial home, she believes it would have been more reasonable had it been a younger brother.

She hasn't discuss with her husband yet though, that's why she asked for my advice but am not married I don't know how these things works.

Please what do you think she should do, allow her elder brother in to her house or not?
What other advice does she want?
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by slimyem: 1:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
Is the elder brother's situation that desperate?
What if his sister wasn't married?
Can he not browse other options?
That his sister's husband is his age mate should even be shameful enough for him not to have requested squatting with them..
If he is going to be around just for a few days or weeks,it might not be a big deal..but indefinitely,i think she should say a big NO to that!
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by baby124: 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
Lmaoooo, she must come from a shameless family. What is another man coming to do in another mans house? An able bodied man is going to camp in another mans house and eat his food for an undisclosed amount of time. Na wa o. Where are her parents? At least they should tie the son up at home. Mtscheew! Kai, pls don't even mention it to your husband. This is serious arinfin in the makinf for your family. Big bro should get a job, a life, a house and a family. Outside of your matrimonial home.

2 Likes

Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by AleciaM(f): 1:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
@ all thanks for you response. @slimyem I asked those same questions too, but the problem is that her parents are moving back to the east and since he just got a job he wants to stay back but have no where to stay,her parents rent will expire this month and he is not financially OK to get an apartment. I don't know if he actually browsed some other options, will ask her.

@baby 123 calling her whole family shameless is un-called for. Thanks for your contribution though
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
The elder Bro no get shame for eye. When the insults start coming, he would label the girl and her husband as devils.

Personally as a newly wed guy I won't tolerate it, I love desecrating rooms and won't have anyone restricting me to place and time before my children start arriving.
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
@op the best for her bro is to stay in a friend's house, and dont tell me he doesnt hv friends.
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by chronique(m): 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
Not a good idea @ all. It's massive fallin of hands. She shouldnt even consider it. Better still,if she,her parents n her bro can look for some small cash n get him a small apartment,it wud make sense.
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by chronique(m): 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
@ slimyem: I just sent u a pm. kindly reply back. Wud luv to knw hw u knw me...
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by baby124: 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
Alecia.M:
@ all thanks for you response. @slimyem I asked those same questions too, but the problem is that her parents are moving back to the east and since he just got a job he wants to stay back but have no where to stay,her parents rent will expire this month and he is not financially OK to get an apartment. I don't know if he actually browsed some other options, will ask her.

@baby 123 calling her whole family shameless is un-called for. Thanks for your contribution though

If you cant take insults, give the full story. Instead of coming to give half baked stories. I just told you like it is. Dramatic fellow.
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by 1920MaMa: 5:49pm On Dec 13, 2012
odikwa serious! as in your husband's agemate coming to live with you guys? hmmm no b small tin. abeg tell your brother to stay with a friend or get a small apartment for now until he's able to get a better one. pls she shud not even think of discussing it with her husband cos out of pity he might oblige even though he's not happy with it and also because he wudn't want to be labelled as a bad person b4 his inlaws. na wa for some people sha. i won't b surprise if he aproaches her husband himself.
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
It's disgusting. The guy should be ashamed of himself.
Re: Her Elder Brother Wants To Move Into Her Matrimonial Home.(advice) by slimchi2k2(m): 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
Alecia.m
i'm not marry yet but think she should tell her husband dat her brother ask to stay with them,i think the view of her husband is the best
ur inlaw is part of u if there we be underst,since there is vacace

(1) (Reply)

SMS Wrongly Sent By Daughter To Father! / Who Owns The Breast: Father Or Child?????? / As A Man, Can You Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.