Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1903) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10822088 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1900) (1901) (1902) (1903) (1904) (1905) (1906) ... (7726) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:21am On Nov 09, 2016
Next
#PostTrumpWin
expect market over reaction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by betcindy: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2016
Na so we go dey....... Are we to buy or sell in November again?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 9:39am On Nov 09, 2016
Aumok, what you need to do is contact Africa Prudential Registrars at Ikorodu Road Palmgroove. Go along with your means of ID and you will need a stockbroker if you don't have. everything will be sorted out. also all your dividend will be paid except the dividend that is more than 12yrs old. I did such for one of my clients in 2013 and it was successful. you can PM me if you need further assistance emmasoft@hotmail.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 10:00am On Nov 09, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:46am On Nov 09, 2016
fcmb
-back at dat sweet spot
- shaking out portfolio draw downs
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2016
holiday mood.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
Heyiiiiiii! I hope this will be the last blood bathe for this year.........i don sink oo.........na only my hand remain
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
locodemy:
Heyiiiiiii! I hope this will be the last blood bathe for this year.........i don sink oo.........na only my hand remain

FCMB is there for you! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
angelo82:

FCMB is there for you! grin

my bro,if diamond is now #1.00,i wonder where i will place fcmb.............it means i should set another entry target at 0.90kobo........i wan stay off from market now to avoid HBP.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
Primetech:
holiday mood.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2016
locodemy:

my bro,if diamond is now #1.00,i wonder where i will place fcmb.............it means i should set another entry target at 0.90kobo........i wan stay off from market now to avoid HBP.

Market will bounce back by next week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
angelo82:

i pray so..........just look at CHAMS PLC trying to make a move when every stock is sick........something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDiego(m): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2016
I just saw this at SMN. All the Morgan Capital account holders here, abeg is this true?

"However, Nairametrics has also been informed by sources with knowledge of the matter that a post no debit order has been placed on the bank accounts of Morgan capital thus, preventing clients from withdrawing from their brokerage accounts."

http://nairametrics.com/alert-nse-places-morgan-capital-account-on-no-debit/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
angelo82:

Sir, you may be right. There's no analytics pointing to this base on what's on ground. Long road to recovery and market stability. The CBN with Federal Government especially the finance segment, are not helping the situation. They better float the damn 'Naira" instead of pegging it. They are saying the right thing but doing the wrong thing. The better they understand that "Excuses are for losers" the better the country move forward to stability!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 4:02pm On Nov 09, 2016
DonDiego:
I just saw this at SMN. All the Morgan Capital account holders here, abeg is this true?

http://nairametrics.com/alert-nse-places-morgan-capital-account-on-no-debit/

Yes it is, we are dancing with the ugliest for now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2016
stocks with new 52 weeks low
sterling bank #0.78k
diamond bank #1.02k
CCNN #4.48k
NAHCO #2.43k
PZ #16.49k
on NASD Niger delta exploration and production #83.00k
No stock with new 52 weeks high

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2016
@Intendy
@locodemy
@angelo82
@ fxuser

What do you think abt diamond bank and Nacho or ccnn at the current price?

Am thinking of buying diamond bank at 1naira what do you think?

Does anyone knows if Investment Centre Limited still active abi suspended like morgan
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogbs2020love: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
Tritri:
@Intendy
@locodemy
@angelo82
@ fxuser

Ppl might not see what you are seeing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2016
Tritri:
@Intendy
@locodemy
@angelo82
@ fxuser

Does anyone knows if Investment Centre Limited still active abi suspended like morgan

Diamond, Nahco and CCNN will still go lower
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
So fidelity (soon to be joined by diamond) has become confortabe with life under N1.
There is something positive in every situation.
Looks like this morgan suspension is God's cure for what fxuser called our struggle with itchy fingers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2016
There's this news that skye bank has made all the necessary arrangement to dispose all their foreign access which will pave way for reversion to national bank. This is a very long way for recovery for skye bank. I don't think that Diamond bank is famalarizing themselve in the similar terrain and I am not too sure if their capital ratio is adequate and should be trusted. Any investment in diamond bank should be accompanied with enough due diligence. I should trust fcmb more than I should trust diamond bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2016
stockbuego:
There's this news that skye bank has made all the necessary arrangement to dispose all their foreign access which will pave way for reversion to national bank. This is a very long way for recovery for skye bank. I don't think that Diamond bank is famalarizing themselve in the similar terrain and I am not too sure if their capital ratio is adequate and should be trusted. Any investment in diamond bank should be accompanied with enough due diligence. I should trust fcmb more than I should trust diamond bank.

since you said 'news'.not from your mouth......i will pardon you........Any bank that operates as a national bank is not allowed to have many branches and they are restricted to operate in some capital cities....Example of national bank is jaiz bank.......my brother you can tell me that skye bank wants to do share reconstructions,close some branches,sell some of their assets,reduce workforce or raise capital but for going back to operate as a national bank is understatement.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
locodemy:

since you said 'news'.not from your mouth......i will pardon you........Any bank that operates as a national bank is not allowed to have many branches and they are restricted to operate in some capital cities....Example of national bank is jaiz bank.......my brother you can tell me that skye bank wants to do share reconstructions,close some branches,sell some of their assets,reduce workforce or raise capital but for going back to operate as a national bank is understatement.

Thats regional bank but National bank can operate nationwide, example of national Bank is STANBIC.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
angelo82:

Thats regional bank but National bank can operate nationwide, example of national Bank is STANBIC.
Alright.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
Tritri:
@Intendy
@locodemy
@angelo82
@ fxuser

for me NAHCO no @ this price of #2.43# better @#1.90 <

CCNN not @ this price

diamond may be,but @ #1 I'll rather go for Fcmb,even NPF micro finance.
but buying none for now.

think of the best the money can offer you in this market,don't look @ stock names.

why buy nacho @ #2.45k when Ucap,afripud,afriland can be gotten @ that range

ccnn when redstarex,Uba can also be gotten @that. price.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 10:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
Akingbola File A Suit To Recover Intercontinental Bank PLC

The Court of Appeal, Lagos, on Tuesday reserved judgement in an appeal by former Managing Director of Intercontinental Bank, Erastus Akingbola, challenging revocation of the bank’s license by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.
Mr. Akingbola is asking the appellate court to set aside the earlier ruling of a Federal High Court, which dismissed his suit, challenging the planned sale of Intercontinental Bank to Access Bank.
He wants the appellate court to restrain CBN from withdrawing InterContinental’s inter-bank guaranty, pending the determination of the appeal.
Justice Okechuwku Okeke of the lower court had dismissed a suit by Mr. Akingbola and a former executive director of Intercontinental Bank, Bayo Dada.
The suit was challenging a Memorandum of Understanding for business combination signed by their former bank and Access Bank.
Dissatisfied, Messrs. Akingbola and Dada appealed and insisted that CBN was wrong to have masterminded the signing of the said MoU without recourse to them as shareholders and former directors.
Arguing the appeal on Tuesday, counsel to Mr. Akingbola, Onyebuchi Aniakor, urged the appellate court to allow the appeal and set aside the judgement of the lower court.
The appellants in their amended Notice of Appeal contended that the lower court erred in law when it adjudged the suit as an abuse of court process.

The appellants insisted that Justice Okeke made fundamental error in concluding that the letter in which Mr. Dada was removed as director, was not tendered, adding that the action occasioned substantial prejudice to them.
He urged the court to hold that given the provision of section 36 of the 1999 constitution, the governor of Central Bank of Nigeria or any other body cannot validly direct the appellants to cease to serve as directors of the bank.
The appellants urged the court to order the respondents jointly and severally to render account of their dealings in the affairs of the Bank.
They also urged the court to nullify all steps, decisions taken by the respondents in the affairs of the bank from August 14, 2009 till date.
After listening to parties in the matter, the 3-member panel, led by Justice Mohammed Lawal Garuba, reserved its judgement.
The lower court had held that the suit was an abuse of court process, as there was a similar suit by other interested parties on the same subject matter.
The lower court also held that the suit was status barred, as the suit was challenging an action carried out as far back as August 14, 2009, when Mr. Sanusi removed some bank chiefs.
Meanwhile, the appellate court has reserved judgment till a date that will be communicated to parties.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
Intendy:

for me NAHCO no @ this price of #2.43# better @#1.90 <

CCNN not @ this price

diamond may be,but @ #1 I'll rather go for Fcmb,even NPF micro finance.
but buying none for now.

think of the best the money can offer you in this market,don't look @ stock names.

why buy nacho @ #2.45k when Ucap,afripud,afriland can be gotten @ that range

ccnn when redstarex,Uba can also be gotten @that. price.
continue continue continue. .....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 3:15am On Nov 10, 2016
Godisfaithful:

Sir, in my comment i never said Morgan was suspend on that issue. Please re-read my point once again. "...Morgan Capital had been cautioned since July 28th 2016 on Rule 17.16 (b) but they never adhere to it. They see it long coming..."

My opinion on the bolded:

Morgan Capital was truly cautioned, but they adhered afterwards. I once put in a bid for a stock at pre-market opening and afterwards, i saw i had few naira left in my account(i don't like keeping cash in brokers account) and decided to put in for Total(you know total is pricey, thus if you are buying with few naira, you will be able to bid for few units). I was banned by MC. I called in, had a lengthy talk and it was resolved.

Prior to this, I use the platfom to calculate the max or min price for the day. Throw in a price for few units, extract the range for the day, and sunsequently cancel the mandate. Please note, this is done within a minute during pre-trade period and cancelled immediately.

Morgan reached out on the above and warned that such things register on the system and makes them prone to sanctions. Did i try to game or influence the system(NO,NO,NO). Can i proof that(nope). So while i agree that there is alot MC needs to do to, to satisfy customers. I know from experience that they made effort on the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbuego: 7:18am On Nov 10, 2016
Read the information below to clear your doubts

locodemy:

Skye Bank Set to Dispose Foreign Subsidiaries to Ease Pressure on Capital

Skye Bank has said it is seeking to dispose of majority stakes in its businesses in Gambia, Guinea, and Sierra Leone in a bid to ease pressure on capital.
With this move, the bank seeks to relinquish its international licence and become a National Bank.

National banks require a capital adequacy ratio (CAR) of 10 per cent as against 15 for international banks.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) replaced the bank’s management on July 4th, citing liquidity, capital adequacy, and asset quality issues. The bank’s ratios were well below regulatory requirements as at full year 2015. Its non-performing loan (NPL) ratio was at about 13 per cent (regulatory maximum: 5%), capital adequacy at about12 per cent (regulatory minimum: 15%), loan-to-deposit ratio at about 98 per cent, and liquidity ratio at about 22 per cent (regulatory minimum: 30%).

Therefore, in order to improve liquidity the CBN had injected about N100 billion (one-year tenor) into Skye since the change in management

We expect that an expansion of risk weighted assets on the back of the depreciation of the naira may have put further pressure on CAR which may have declined significantly below the 12 per cent reported for full year 2015, analysts at CSL Stockbrokers Limited stated.

From our discussion with a top management official, we understand that management had communicated the intention to divest off its foreign subsidiaries since May and the process is nearing completion. The bank is currently auditing half year numbers which will give a more current assessment of the bank’s capital ratio.

Furthermore, CSL Stockbrokers Limited stated that while they realise that the bank still has liquidity and asset quality issues, they viewed the move by the bank to divest from its foreign subsidiary “as a practical option to begin with.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 7:53am On Nov 10, 2016
NGSEBNK10 charts
-falling pattern
-now oversold
-led by zenith & GTbank
-still bearish , ripped thru 250 levels with no brakes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:38am On Nov 10, 2016
market open . . bears maintain stance

TOTAL -8.19%
NAHCO -4.94%
CAVERTON -4.55%
AFRIPRUD -2.75%
INTBREW -2.47%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 11:04am On Nov 10, 2016
Morgan Capital should please free my money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1900) (1901) (1902) (1903) (1904) (1905) (1906) ... (7726) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kdaddy, ehay(f), Zagee, sophy17(m), dapix and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.