Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10788444 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2254) (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) ... (7709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 5:11pm On May 06, 2017
pluto09:

Overall, the result is good and in line with my projection. I will study it further comparing q1 2017 with q1,q2,q3 and q4 2016. The devil they say is in the details.
For now,my major concern is the astronomical increase in selling and distribution expenses as well as administrative expenses.
pls can u give me a breakdown to eps for q1 ? Though i can see about 200percent rise in turn over.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:02pm On May 06, 2017
SOKayson:
Don't let ignorance suffocate you. Silence is dangerous. Many of you still don't understand what #TBC is all about. Many think it's MLM. Forget your qualifications, beauty and class. Ask me what TBC is all about.

Many heard about BTC many years ago but felt they know everything so they weren't perturbed to ask questions. They felt whatever they don't know isn't genuine. They felt they are geniuses. That was how they missed out while those that asked questions then and invested in BTC are millionaires and billionaires today. They are in your neighborhood but you wouldn't know. You'd only continue to wonder how they arrive at their massive wealth.
My name is Kay, 08162047081.
Remain Blessed

Bro listen, no matter how gragra u take enter this thead. nobody here will fall for it. Only stock music we understand here. Nice trial but no thank u
grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 6:04pm On May 06, 2017
SOKayson:
Don't let ignorance suffocate you. Silence is dangerous. Many of you still don't understand what #TBC is all about. Many think it's MLM. Forget your qualifications, beauty and class. Ask me what TBC is all about.

Many heard about BTC many years ago but felt they know everything so they weren't perturbed to ask questions. They felt whatever they don't know isn't genuine. They felt they are geniuses. That was how they missed out while those that asked questions then and invested in BTC are millionaires and billionaires today. They are in your neighborhood but you wouldn't know. You'd only continue to wonder how they arrive at their massive wealth.
My name is Kay, 08162047081.
Remain Blessed

Find yourself another forum. You won't get anyone here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 6:39pm On May 06, 2017
holm:

Monday is the mark down date for FBNH

Who move to Monday ! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 6:42pm On May 06, 2017
Week To Date

NSE 30 +2.41%
NSE Bank +3.64%
NSE oil&Gas +3.45
NSE Consumer +2.98%
NSE Pension Index +3.34%

Very bullish start . . to a MAY.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:44pm On May 06, 2017
yom2:
pls can u give me a breakdown to eps for q1 ? Though i can see about 200percent rise in turn over.

q1 eps for 2016 is 2kobo while that of 2017 is 11kobo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 6:47pm On May 06, 2017
Top Gainers

Fidson +43.64% (nawa)
Oando +24.05%
Livestock +16.22%
NACHO +15.20%
ASL +14.25%
FBN +14.2%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 6:56pm On May 06, 2017
safepaulooo:

Based on what FACT
dont worry d facts are on their way grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 7:05pm On May 06, 2017
Friday:
Nigeria ETF dropped 11% on friday, closing at a new all-time low. Since its inception in April 2011 it's down 73%. $NGE

I think the ETF adjusted to the new window (devaluation effect) !

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 9:41pm On May 06, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 11:57pm On May 06, 2017
pluto09:

q1 eps for 2016 is 2kobo while that of 2017 is 11kobo.
thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 11:27am On May 07, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 5:11pm On May 07, 2017
DOLLARTEX:
Trading on the nse with the help of this thread is very sweat until you make that big loss,then you start looking at comments here as ....depending on the loss,if the loss is in the region of a few hundred thousands,you stay away from this forum for 2weeks.if in region of millions then you stay away forever.where are our brothers?even the owner of the thread ran away.megainvest,agba,pa emma,born2berich etc they have left perhaps FOREVER.

I'm still here and am still in the market big time. Ain't running away. Been busy advancing my career while my stocks work for me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 5:49pm On May 07, 2017
megainvest:

I'm still here and am still in the market big time. Ain't running away. Been busy advancing my career while my stocks work for me.
wishing you all the best oga mega
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 07, 2017
megainvest:

Good to hear from you boss!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 6:07pm On May 07, 2017
Any useful info out there on transcorp especially their OPL 28 oil thing....As I went through their q1 report, all I could desern is a company deep trouble on all fronts except its hotel business which only key directors and personels are only enjoying.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 7:13pm On May 07, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigga99: 7:22pm On May 07, 2017
agisky1975:
'If you are right about a stock, you will know within a few days' .
-Timothy Sykes

do you trade with timothy sykes or know anyone who does from Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 8:02pm On May 07, 2017
Princkez:
http://ir.fbnholdings.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/FBNH-Q12017.mp3
FBNH 2016 audited and Q1 2017 conference call script.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigga99: 8:20pm On May 07, 2017
anyone here trade international stocks from Nigeria? i need help please.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 8:29pm On May 07, 2017
Princkez:
FBNH 2016 audited and Q1 2017 conference call script.

Thanks man. What's the key take away....upward review of SP
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 8:57pm On May 07, 2017
Between Wema, Skye and Unity which one is likely to leave car park this week house?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 9:38pm On May 07, 2017
maishai:
Any useful info out there on transcorp especially their OPL 28 oil thing....As I went through their q1 report, all I could desern is a company deep trouble on all fronts except its hotel business which only key directors and personels are only enjoying.....

See response to your request I posted on 2nd of March this year

Coolcash1:

I know you posted this info because of Transcorp but forget it nobody will fall for it...I took my precious time to pieces their annual report yesterday and honestly it was a mess! I saw a dying company on a life support marking only time before it finally dies. It really needs to be stripped of the numerous business units, and bury the idea of conglomerate. Bulk of its subsidiaries are in comatose stage and will soon die. Really, on financial basis, nothing interesting about this company and not good for short term or long term because of lack of clear strategic direction (having plc coy inside plc coy), key-man (Tony) risk, weak corporate governance, alarming debt portfolio, negative working capital amongst others.

For instance, the E&P arm of the company operating OPL 281 (un-producing) is in a major litigation battle with a company who intially paid over N1.8b as part of farm-in fee on the block but no longer interested and wants its money refunded. As a result, transcorp has launched a litigation battle against the company in order not to return the funds. The deposit is referred to as ''Advance Deposit'' in the financials. (Please refer to Note 20 on page 49).

I can go on and on why investing in this coy for now is a no-no...Definitely, all is far from being well with this Tony plc..oh, sorry, Transcorp plc grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 10:35pm On May 07, 2017
megainvest:

When are you resuming
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meshpips(m): 5:02am On May 08, 2017
Hello everyone,

7-UP seems to be ready to rise until around N 140 from its current price.

Supply channel on weekly time frame has been traversed and price closed last week with a higher swing low.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agisky1975: 6:45am On May 08, 2017
Nigga99:

do you trade with timothy sykes or know anyone who does from Nigeria?
Nope, just a mentor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:58am On May 08, 2017
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS CAN TIME THE MARKET

Good morning fellow Nairalanders.

Today, I want to show us that we can possibly use technical analysis tools to time the market. By timing the market, we want to predict when the market will reverse its trend and be able to determine market highs or lows.

Generally refers to as market breadth, this will enable us to determine whether it is safe to buy a stock (and continue to stay in the market) or not. The market either has bad breadth (declining) or good breadth (rising)...

Most commonly used for breadth evaluation is called Advance-Decline (AD) Line/ratio. Basically, it measure the number of issues that are rising and falling per certain period. As shown in chart 1 below, it oscillates with centreline at 0. When AD-Line is above zero, then we are safe to buy but if below 0, we are not allowed to buy any stock. To me this is very choppy and only good for short term.

My favourite is the combination of McClellan Oscillator (MCO) and Summation Index (SI). While I use MCO for short term signal, SI is good for both short term and medium to long term trading plans.

As with AD, we only start looking for buy opportunities in NSE stock market when MCO and SI are above 0. When MCO is below 0 and SI above 0, it means, short term plan is not safe while medium to long term approaches are safe.

So when "SELL in May/June" talks overshadow the market, I take a look at my NSE Index, MCO and SI to determine market overall breadth...

In chart 1, the red vertical lines indicates a short-term "not-safe-to-buy" scenarios using MCO, while the green vertical lines shows the points where I will be buyers in the market. The 2 magenta lines show where MCO gives false buy signal but was contrasted by SI. But generally during the period shown, on medium to long term, it is safe for me to hold a stock as SI is above 0. Arrows pointing to when I will know earlier that market breadth is shifting.

PLAN YOUR TRADE AND TRADE YOUR PLAN
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:15am On May 08, 2017
BullBearMkt:
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS CAN TIME THE MARKET

Good morning fellow Nairalanders.

Today, I want to show us that we can possibly use technical analysis tools to time the market. By timing the market, we want to predict when the market will reverse its trend and be able to determine market highs or lows.

Generally refers to as market breadth, this will enable us to determine whether it is safe to buy a stock (and continue to stay in the market) or not. The market either has bad breadth (declining) or good breadth (rising)...

Most commonly used for breadth evaluation is called Advance-Decline (AD) Line/ratio. Basically, it measure the number of issues that are rising and falling per certain period. As shown in chart 1 below, it oscillates with centreline at 0. When AD-Line is above zero, then we are safe to buy but if below 0, we are not allowed to buy any stock. To me this is very choppy and only good for short term.

My favourite is the combination of McClellan Oscillator (MCO) and Summation Index (SI). While I use MCO for short term signal, SI is good for both short term and medium to long term trading plans.

As with AD, we only start looking for buy opportunities in NSE stock market when MCO and SI are above 0. When MCO is below 0 and SI above 0, it means, short term plan is not safe while medium to long term approaches are safe.

So when "SELL in May/June" talks overshadow the market, I take a look at my NSE Index, MCO and SI to determine market overall breadth...

In chart 1, the red vertical lines indicates a short-term "not-safe-to-buy" scenarios using MCO, while the green vertical lines shows the points where I will be buyers in the market. The 2 magenta lines show where MCO gives false buy signal but was contrasted by SI. But generally during the period shown, on medium to long term, it is safe for me to hold a stock as SI is above 0. Arrows pointing to when I will know earlier that market breadth is shifting.

PLAN YOUR TRADE AND TRADE YOUR PLAN
grin grin grin grin grin

Hmnn,different strategy for different people.
My own spread sheet is telling me this is the best time to buy some stocks grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:19am On May 08, 2017
pluto09:

My own spread sheet is telling me this is the best time to buy some stocks grin grin grin grin
So which stocks is ur spread sheet naming. Oando or FBNH...?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:41am On May 08, 2017
Mpeace:
So which stocks is ur spread sheet naming. Oando or FBNH...?

I no dey do stocks with bad fundamentals o, no matter the temptation. For me oando and fbnh are a no no.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:51am On May 08, 2017
pluto09:

...my message is simply to look at the overall market breadth and avoid all "sell-in May-June" syndrome
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2254) (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) ... (7709) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: amustsuccess(m), owolabi5 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.