Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10819513 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3455) (3456) (3457) (3458) (3459) (3460) (3461) ... (7725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
locodemy:

you mean i should wait till july before selling zenith at 38.
Na lie.zenith will sell above 40 next month.

My market doesn't send o. The waiting could even be more than a year .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
pluto09:

I actually think he has influence on zenith performance. Na my own conspiratory theory o cool grin

Zenith seems to be the most consistent of all the banks in growing profit in the past two years.

In June 2016 gtb eps stood at N2.54 as against zenith of N1.13 which means gtb eps doubled that of zenith.
Fast forward to 2018 ,the eps is almost the same .

Na only them waka come

Gov.Godwin Emefiele MAY not have influence in ZB good financial report.

When you have a good discipline GTB you started with during the IPO of #10.00 doing well....ZB has no other choice than to buckle up.....

I think ZB maintains a good financial discipline like GTB..that is the difference

I still prefer ZB to GTB for dividend payout.....

NB....i have no GTB shares.....am fully loaded in ZB more than a decade now.

....i may be biased.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
pluto09:

My market doesn't send o. The waiting could even be more than a year .

And the furniest thing is that when one sells....the price will start to head to KM 40.......PATIENCE IS THE KEY....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2018
ukay2:

And the furniest thing is that when one sells....the price will start to head to KM 40.......PATIENCE IS THE KEY....

If na native doctor dey do am for me.This time I will go for em burial.His juju go fail him.I am not leaving zenith bank until...........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2018
locodemy:

If na native doctor dey do am for me.This time I will go for em burial.His juju go fail him.I am not leaving zenith bank until...........

No native doctor my oga Loco......you are trader.....your decisions are normal...and acurate....

...unlike me as investor......imagine being in ZB for >a decade......i know you cannot do it....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2018
ukay2:

No native doctor my oga Loco......you are trader.....your decisions are normal...and acurate....

...unlike me as investor......imagine being in ZB for >a decade......i know you cannot do it....

I don begin think of going long on zb.At least from now to july is too long in my eyes but because i smell capital appreciation/ bountiful interim dividend,i wont bother.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2018
Yayira:
nawah oo Oando buyers mean business
171million units already and still buying and selling.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2018
Oando just colonized almost all the funds meant for today's trading.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
Bell ringing......

keep calm BULL on the way,,, tomorrow is another day

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
ukay2:

On the bolded; your patience is out of this world.
I can't stay that long. Na my papa get the company?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 2:48pm On Apr 19, 2018
Deadlytruth:

What of Pa Emmanuelwumi,wanajo,pluto....me i be learner
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2018
ukay2:

What of Pa Emmanuelwumi,wanajo,pluto....me i be learner
Those ones are Methuselaic investors.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
onegentleguy:

I know my dear.
But unfortunately u can only get a guide from their Q3 and Q4 report.
...or perhaps run a rough check/comparison using their FY 2016 against that of Q2 2017.

On the Aureous Capital loan, I think they might most likely tour the route of raising bonds to refinance the loan.
...am of the opinion that it will serve to favour them more.

The problem with C&I is the dearth of available information that's just enough to draw up a better inference to make a sound investment decision.
But even at that, the current market price is at a way too much discount to make up for any shortfall.
...this is given room for the uncertainties surrounding the Aureous loan.
The stock is grossly undervalued from my end
...I have a FP of N4.70, and so it remains a BUY for us !!

Disclosure: C&I LEASING constitutes a part of my investment portfolio.
Disclaimer: Not to be seen as any kind of recommendation. ...DD still advised as always pls.

...as expected !!

https://trwstockbrokers./2018/04/19/nigerias-ci-leasing-eyes-fresh-capital-for-expansion/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:57pm On Apr 19, 2018
...and to my fellow investors in WEMA !!
Expect big things here.

https://trwstockbrokers./2018/04/19/wema-bank-plans-n20bln-bond-deal-by-july/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 19, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Most people with Forex exposure hardly stay that long in NSE. Na devaluation the person they play with be that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2018
I think I may come back to stock market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2018
$100 Oil Is Back On The Table
By Nick Cunningham - Apr 18, 2018, 6:00 PM CDT
Oil prices will rise to $100 per barrel if Saudi Arabia gets its way.
Only a week ago, news surfaced that Saudi officials were quietly hoping to push oil prices up to
$80 per barrel, which would help boost the valuation of Saudi Aramco IPO. But why not $100
per barrel?
Reuters reports that Riyadh would be fine with prices rising that far, which lends weight to the
notion that OPEC will keep the production cuts in place even as its mission to drain surplus oil
inventories around the world appears to be largely “ accomplished.”
OPEC and its non-OPEC partners are even considering yet another extension that would push
the cuts into the middle of 2019. But with inventories back to average levels and expected to
fall for the foreseeable future, the production limits would surely push the market into a deficit.
The over-tightening, presumably, would lead to higher oil prices…just in time for the Aramco
IPO.
OPEC just posted its fifth consecutive month in which it recorded a new record high
compliance rate with the production limits. In March, according to Bloomberg , the compliance
rate surged to 164 percent, a new high, up from 148 percent in February. Unsurprisingly, output
fell in Venezuela, but Saudi Arabia also chipped in further reductions.
Two industry sources told Reuters that behind closed doors, Saudi officials have considered
$80 per barrel, or even $100 per barrel, as sort of unofficial price targets. “We have come full
circle,” a third high-level industry source told Reuters. “I would not be surprised if Saudi Arabia
wanted oil at $100 until this IPO is out of the way.”
“Saudi Arabia wants higher oil prices and yes, probably for the IPO, but it isn’t just that,” an
OPEC source told Reuters. After the IPO, Saudi Arabia would still want prices to remain high,
which would increase the revenues needed to fund the long-term transformation of the Saudi
economy pushed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. “Look at the economic reforms and
projects they want to do, and the war in Yemen. How are they going to pay for all that? They
need higher prices,” the Reuters source said.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2018
I have lost interest in stock market because I lost of money.

Now I need to permission to buy and sell shares.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
I can remember when there was a discuss regarding sustaining their performance in 2018, As long the economy continue to look up, Tier 1 Banks will continue to turn out good results. For those who participate in budget sessions, there is something that is common, A new FY means a new Target.
mendes911:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21843_ZENITH_BANK_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2018.pdf

Zenith. EPS. N1.50. Almost 25% rise.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
onegentleguy:

...as expected !!

https://trwstockbrokers./2018/04/19/nigerias-ci-leasing-eyes-fresh-capital-for-expansion/

Where is that person proclaiming that this company will pay some fat dividend? Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2018
bigass:

Dr Agba, she needs permission ooo afterall, u are back to market as this was ur promised 3rd week in April.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
wanaj0:

Where is that person proclaiming that this company will pay some fat dividend? Lol

Choi, you sabi throw stone too......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gloriousdawn: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
gloriousdawn:

I agree with you that banks like Zenith, GTB will not only sustain 2017 result, but will grow it going forward.
I say so for the following reasons:
1. I do not think impairment will be as high in 2018 as it was in 2017;
2. Mgt of these companies have a better perception and positive outlook for their business,
That is the reason dividend was increase;
3. The banks anticipated a low interast regime for 2018, and so will have make adequate arrangement to sustain income,
For example investing in long dated high yield bills in 2017.

My opinion.

My earlier comment on Zenith Bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dwizeone: 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2018
bigass:

Not a good position but if you are considering stocks again, you may have to adjust your risk appetite. And also Knowledge over HOPE... The numbers don't lie all things been equal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2018
mendes911:

Choi, you sabi throw stone too......

... and the stone hit me for head unaware. God day o

i day go hospital for head bandage right now
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
Teeonly:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/21843_ZENITH_BANK_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2018.pdf

Guess this will now serve to douse any fear from those who doubted the forward earnings sustainability of the big banks.
Like I said then, the core of the big banks are usually well positioned to manage their way thru where there might seem to be no way !!
The make-up of the system will often times create that additional facet that gives them an edge, especially now that everything seem to be looking up both from a fundermental and economic perspective.
Looking at their 2017 YE result, the likes of ZENITH, GTB and UBA are in pole positions to be clear winners in 2018.

With this near perfect Q1 result from ZENITH, my Fair value has just moved up from the initial N43 to N51.
...and with reference to that fair price, ZENITH is currently trading at an approx 89% discount from todays closing price of N27.
That, from our end is surely one discount too many. ...and so ZENITH retains a BUY from us !!

Disclosure: ZENITH constitutes a make up of my trading portfolio.
Disclaimer: Not to be interpreted as any kind of recommendation. ...DD still advised as always pls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
Mcy56:

You talk too much, resistant to change and find it difficult to practice what you preach! Change your ways!
Veecovee you are arrogant in your mind if you dont know. Pride goes before a ...........
Sorry my dear, I think that's ur own opinion, however, as i said before, that's how we get paid from God.

So no retreat, no surrender.

Have street evangelism next few hour, ... morow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
currentprice:

... and the stone hit me for head unaware. God day o

i day go hospital for head bandage right now
grin grin grin

Doubt you are the one

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2018
OandO traded 185m units and gained 6% in 1,502 deals smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3455) (3456) (3457) (3458) (3459) (3460) (3461) ... (7725) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dum20, chimex38, ololufemi, Laso09, Bagwa, hayyawithme, Kwibaba(m), freeman67 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.