Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3951) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10827741 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3948) (3949) (3950) (3951) (3952) (3953) (3954) ... (7729) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2018
Someone was categorizing WEMA in the class of SKYE BANK.
Hear this pls:
There's no doubt about WEMA been better. ...they were NEVER in the same class !!
WEMA is'nt SKYE, so it's best to WEIGH things the way they ought to be. ...no point going off the tangent. It doesn't help anyone. It's always best to be FACTUAL.
With SKYE BANK it was ALWAYS clear that there were FUNDAMENTAL ISSUES with the coy even before the CBN took over the bank in 2016.
Those who bought into it then ought to have known that it should've been strictly a short play. (strictly a tradable security)
Moreso, when there was NO financial Nos to make an informed decision.
Personally I bought into the bank @ 0.53 to 0.55k and sold just before it hit its 52 weeks high of N1.61... making a near 200% on ROI. I recall carrying a lot of folks along who also made so much gains then. However, my romance with SKYE was purely an INFORMATIVE play.

But with WEMA there are CLEAR PARALLELS !! The bank does not owe any result. The coy has made great improvements from were they used to be, to where they need to be. ...there's a fine progress in growth trajectory. Its a great coy to hold in ones portfolio. Especially if ur also a growth investor. ...this is a FACT !! Nos don't LIE.
I'll urge folks to thoroughly peruse through their YE 2017, Q1 and Q2 2018 results.

People need to understand how to play along with some of these 'melodies within the NSE room'
Around the globe, INVESTING IS RISK. ...it's a core part of what defines it. ...though risk-adjusted ceilings differ in different countries. Nigeria will always be what it is... full of high RISK PREMIUM.
But like anywhere else in the world, it's our duty to LEARN THE ACT of knowing how to MITIGATE or REDUCE such risk as INVESTORS. ...for therein lies ur WEAPON of protection !!

The KEY lies herein:
"There are basically 2 great days in a person's life;
The day u were born, and the day u discover why u were born.
In the Stock market, that 'discovery' is tantamount to knowing why u are where u are, and having a sound reason for been there.
...for if u do not know why u are in the market, then u probably won't know why u should succeed in it."
~Sinclair

"In the stock market, SUCCESS is 1% what u have and 99% what u are.
...It's the product of what happens when u can continuously apply INSIGHT with running the race to EXCEL without let down."
~Sinclair

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
is it not save to avoid the financial institutions altogether? the bank is big until it fails,Lehman brothers comes to mind.I was fortunate to be in a restaurant with the past CEO of first bank( vi Lagos).He sat down and within 20 mins,this beautiful damsel walked in.immediately,orders started flying in,from chicken and chips,champagne to gizzard,oboy table full oo,I guess he was trying to woo the chick.for my mind I was thinking " na my first bank money be this ooo" unfortunately,the girl no gree,as she walked out with a frowned face.

Mr onasanya bisi , read he approved loans to oil and gas companies [some his friends ]and now he is living large at his banana island mansion shareholders dey wait for 30k dividend peanut

For me Nse now is to buy low and sell when it gets to your target price to make profit . waiting to buy cheap again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
SKYE was always unhealthy.
...Just before 2016, it was 'admitted at the intensive care unit (ICU) of the NSE room'. The SIGNS were always there for anyone to see. Which was why I said it should've been only a short TRADABLE SECURITY !! (also stated that in the past here)
With WEMA, its a TOTALLY different scenerio !! ...It's always BEST to align with FACTS.
The HEALTH STATUS of any coy SHOULD ALWAYS BE UR 1ST GUIDE !!
...I prefer to back up and give my take on any one coy with that.
This is part of what defines the act of INVESTING.

My heartfelt sympathy to all those who may have been affected by this (Skye bank) takeover.
With God on ur side, u will surely recover from this !! ...the market ALWAYS teaches us lessons. All that is left is to learn from them.
Like I always tell folks;
"With the stock market, the lessons u LEARN from failing are even more IMPORTANT than the failures themselves"

Wishing us all a blissful and blessed weekend !!

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2018
please help, i am still waiting for my zenith and access bank interim dividend. i have been receiving all my dividends in my personal bank account, but after i dematerialized my shares in May, 2018, dividends stop to enter my bank account. please, somebody should enlighten me on what is really happening to my dividends. why did they refuse to pay me my interim?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2018
stcool:

Since the regulators have chosen to go to sleep, rather than sack this managements form the onset. Best is login & do the sacking from the comfort of your home. Diamond is getting that from me come Monday. grin

Bring it on
50kobo loading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUxptvq-Gjw
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2018
lancee:

And where is he today Mr onasanya bisi .I read he approved loans to oil and gas companies [some his friends ]and now he is living large at his banana island mansion , shareholders dey wait for 30k dividend peanut

For me Nse now buy low and sell when it gets to your target price to make profit . waiting to buy cheap again
that guy has serious case to answer.it is just sad that after the mess these CEO creates,they just moved on as if nothing happened!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
is it not save to avoid the financial institutions altogether? the bank is big until it fails,Lehman brothers comes to mind.I was fortunate to be in a restaurant with the past CEO of first bank( vi Lagos).He sat down and within 20 mins,this beautiful damsel walked in.immediately,orders started flying in,from chicken and chips,champagne to gizzard,oboy table full oo,I guess he was trying to woo the chick.for my mind I was thinking " na my first bank money be this ooo" unfortunately,the girl no gree,as she walked out with a frowned face.

Nigeria corporate leaders are worse than politicians. Na so BGL raise money for mutual fund, the CEO take the money dey run private jet life. As big as BGL was in the market, the management did not care to run it down due to fabulous lifestyle. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
I cannot vouch for any bank's integrity.
Before CBN took over the likes of Intercontinental bank and Oceanic bank, they were among the main players in the banking sector and many saw them as part of the strongest. Ibru was still basking in her award as african banker of the year which award she received in london. Then suddenly sanusi took over and the rest is now history.
FBNH was lucky, they delivered the bank form that Bisi of a guy. They are still not totally out of the woods anyway.
For me, it can happen to any bank including gtb.
The problem i have with those in skye is that the signs were there. Cbn started taking over this bank long ago. What we saw yesterday was just a completion of the script.
I continue to laf at CBN's excuse that the shareholders refused to recapitalise since 2016.
How will they recapitalise when CBN's appointees were in charge and had not released any report of the state of the company for shareholders to kw what to do. The same cbn appointees were the ones in the position to convene AGMs and EGMs for that purpose but never did. But they still put the blame on shareholders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2018
Mpeace:
Before CBN took over the likes of Intercontinental bank and Oceanic bank, they were among the main players in the banking sector and many saw them as part of the strongest. Ibru was still basking in her award as african banker of the year which award she received in london. Then suddenly sanusi took over and the rest is now history.
FBNH was luck, they delivered the bank form that Bisi of a guy. They are still not totally out of the woods anyway.
The problem i have with those in skye is that the signs were there. Cbn started taking over this bank long ago. What we saw yesterday was just a completion of the script.
I continue to laf at CBN's excuse that the shareholders refused to recapitalise since 2016.
How will they recapitalise when CBN's appointees were in charge and had not released any report of the state of the company for shareholders to kw what to do. The same cbn appointees were the ones in the position to convene AGMs and EGMs for that purpose but never did. But they still put the blame in shareholders.

U get am bro !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2018
I believe the appointment of bank CEOs and CBN Governor should be stopped. Some times, it kills neutrality. For instance, it might be difficult for a Godwin Emefiele to see the downfall of Zenith Bank or a Sanusi see the downfall of First Bank. They will naturally want to protect these firms and those close to them.

If you see the way bank directors lavish money, you will be scared. At the end of the day, minority shareholders bear the brunt.

For those who are wise, they should be careful of Diamond Bank and Unity Bank. A word is enough for the........

DOLLARTEX:
that guy has serious case to answer.it is just sad that after the mess these CEO creates,they just moved on as if nothing happened!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hyness: 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2018
For over 2yrs now l have learnt not to hold any shares for more than 7mths maximum, except for some i deliberately left in my portfolio which even yield dividend. I sell at price appreciation, or sometimes at lose if i become unease with my purchase, and then on to the next one.
One have learnt to avoid holding on to empty can while its content is all gone! If the signs are all there it is better to cut your losses while you still can. Imagine from when I sold my Diamond and now, it has lost almost 50k, when the warning kept coming that the price was still going south i had to sell.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneywoman74: 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2018
One gently guy(OGG) please attend to my mail.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2018
onegentleguy:
Someone was categorizing WEMA in the class of SKYE BANK.
Hear this pls:
There's no doubt about WEMA been better. ...they were NEVER in the same class !!
WEMA is'nt SKYE, so it's best to WEIGH things the way they ought to be. ...no point going off the tangent. It doesn't help anyone. It's always best to be FACTUAL.
With SKYE BANK it was ALWAYS clear that there were FUNDAMENTAL ISSUES with the coy even before the CBN took over the bank in 2016.
Those who bought into it should've known that it ought to be strictly a short play. (Strictly a tradable security)
Moreso, when there was NO financial Nos to make an informed decision.
Personally I bought into the bank @ 0.53 to 0.55k and sold just before it hit its 52 weeks high of N1.61... making a near 200% on ROI. I recall carrying a lot of folks along who also made so much gains then. However, my romance with SKYE was purely an INFORMATIVE play.

But with WEMA there are CLEAR PARALLELS !! The bank does not owe any result. The coy has made great improvements from were they used to be, to where they need to be. ...there's a fine progress in growth trajectory. Its a great coy to hold in ones portfolio. Especially if ur also a growth investor. ...this is a FACT !! Nos don't LIE.
I'll urge folks to thoroughly peruse through their YE 2017, Q1 and Q2 2018 results.

People need to understand how to play along with some of these 'melodies within the NSE room'
Around the globe, INVESTING IS RISK. ...it's a core part of what defines it. ...though risk-adjusted ceilings differ in different countries. Nigeria will always be what it is... full of high RISK PREMIUM.
But like anywhere else in the world, it's our duty to LEARN THE ACT of knowing how to MITIGATE or REDUCE such risk as an INVESTOR. ...for therein lies ur WEAPON of protection !!

The KEY lies herein:
"There are basically 2 great days in a person's life;
The day u were born, and the day u discover why u were born.
In the Stock market, that 'discovery' is tantamount to knowing why u are where u are, and having a sound reason for been there.
...for if u do not know why u are in the market, then u probably won't know why u should succeed in it."
~Sinclair

"In the stock market, SUCCESS is 1% what u have and 99% what u are.
...It's the product of what happens when u can continuously apply INSIGHT with running the race to EXCEL without let down."
~Sinclair

Great analysis. I think I like this.Please one gentle guy what do you think of Diamond bank. Do you think there are red Flags?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:16pm On Sep 22, 2018
mendes911:
Na Madam Mcy56 stocks you dey mention so oooo. Those banking stocks and insurance stocks, come join First Aluminium. Maybe she go re-capitalise them self, become majority shareholder. You can never tell how deep her pockets are.
Na olumo rock be this na. shocked Mendes lemme alone o. tongue
If to say this news had come out positive, na different story you for dey talk now. grin
Well, I think it's normal to assume that the increased activities in the Skye shares on the floor was as a result of its results coming out better and good considering the timeframe within which they were given to turn the funds around.
Anyway, it's part of learning for all and sundry. The so called "healthy" banks might end up not been healthy afterall if closely scrutinized.
If the likes of Citibank, FBN, etc could be affected at one point in time or the other, then I don't see the reason someone would be beating his/her chest on the stock he/she is holding unto or saying somebody else is buying dead stocks cos they are cheap. You dont know why individuals do what they do sometimes. It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2018
Lol even the Polaris Bank Limited is still undergoing CAC registration grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2018
Coolcash1:
You were all warned!
Oga, this blame game wouldn't work sir.
You made the comment like any other passing comments. How can we be believing every comments we see here when lots were based on assumptions and personal feelings? .....but it is what it is now. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2018
Infinitisi:
These guys are bundles of jokers. We continue to watch the drama..... tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2018
dipoolowoo:
Na you understand my motive bro. I don't bank with Skye Bank. Even my holdings in the bank were offloaded this week when I got the signal to selloff.
currentprice:
U no do well for my pple o, u got the signal earlier and you did not inform your brothers. even if u use parable we for understand u now grin
Well said @CP. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
Mpeace:
Pple are scared of Diamond bank, but the next tsunami will not be from the banking sector. It will be in the insurance sector where a new set of reforms are being implemented. Many insurance firms will not meet their capital requirements.
I remember one of them announcing plans to do rights issue abi na private placement of 40billion new shares. I just dey laf at their shareholders.
It's Lasaco. I stayed away from insurance stocks since I read the news. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2018
swilo:
We all need a Wanaj0, a Chibuking81, an Agba, a Peterichy, a locodemy and a Mendes911 in our lives. You never really know when you run out of common sense until you read their comments a second time..
Hhmmm, a 'prophet' does not have honour in his own home. Na parable o. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2018
Mpeace:
FBNH was lucky, they delivered the bank form that Bisi of a guy. They are still not totally out of the woods anyway.
How will they recapitalise when CBN's appointees were in charge and had not released any report of the state of the company for shareholders to kw what to do. The same cbn appointees were the ones in the position to convene AGMs and EGMs for that purpose but never did. But they still put the blame on shareholders.
Classmate, this is well thought out and on point! cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2018
Infinitisi:

Sir, the system is absolutely ‘Polarized’. Ask Keystone management where’s Bank PHB? Our problem in Nigeria is Nigerian. We rejoice in corruption and dubious act and voiceless because it has nothing to do with us. Karma is certain and it will surely come in due time

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frontview(m): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2018
nofundforme:
please help, i am still waiting for my zenith and access bank interim dividend. i have been receiving all my dividends in my personal bank account, but after i dematerialized my shares in May, 2018, dividends stop to enter my bank account. please, somebody should enlighten me on what is really happening to my dividends. why did they refuse to pay me my interim?

Consult Zenith Registar. It happen to me too, I called them before they make use of my bank account information with them before i dematerialize my share
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2018
onegentleguy:
SKYE was always unhealthy.
...Just before 2016, it was 'admitted at the intensive care unit (ICU) of the NSE room'. The SIGNS were always there for anyone to see. Which was why I said it should've been only a short TRADABLE SECURITY !! (also stated that in the past here)
With WEMA, its a TOTALLY different scenerio !! ...It's always BEST to align with FACTS.
The HEALTH STATUS of any coy SHOULD ALWAYS BE UR 1ST GUIDE !!
...I prefer to back up and give my take on any one coy with that.
This is part of what defines the act of INVESTING.

My heartfelt sympathy to all those who may have been affected by this (Skye bank) takeover.
With God on ur side, u will surely recover from this !! ...the market ALWAYS teaches us lessons. All that is left is to learn from them.
Like I always tell folks;
"With the stock market, the lessons u LEARN from failing are even more IMPORTANT than the failures themselves"

Wishing us all a blissful and blessed weekend !!

Regards.

smiley I like this gentle somebody,

Unlike many, he takes time doing great selfless works here.

... more strength for your shoulders. Do you believe in Christian prayers?

I want to travel out next week for mission work, fasting and prayers. Do you have any prayer needs?

Write me, interveee@yahoo.com. He that waters, shall be watered.

Cheers!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2018
A lot of panic reactions.

Stock market investment all over the world carry some risks. Knowing how to manage risks is key to successful investing.

People blame regulators BUT what do they want regulators to do? We should not blame regulators for the consequence of our GREED. Regulators cannot tell us what to buy and not to buy. Even when regulators issue warnings, we rationalise and ignore the warnings

There is no 'certainty' in stock market investment. However, there are obvious RED FLAGS that should be considered. Unfortunately, people close their eyes to the RED FLAGS because of the 'profit' they are making.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2018
chipa:

Great analysis. I think I like this.Please one gentle guy what do you think of Diamond bank. Do you think there are red Flags?

YES there are CLEAR RED FLAGS in DIAMOND BANK !!
Let me try and summarize a few;
-As at H1, Net profit fell by a whooping 56% from approx 5.61B to 2.45B, and would've been more, but for the slide in their tax expense. PBT actually droped by near 70% from 9.52B to 2.92B, while a gap up in discontinued operations helped push down PAT by over 77% from 8.02B to approx 1.8B
-Drop in net Interest Income with a ballooning increase in their expense line (near 27% increament as at H1)
Infact, there was a drop in virtually all core income lines but with a corresponding increase in all cost and expense line !!
Suffice to say that on a TTM, key indices like Operating margin, Net margin, EPS, ROE, ROA and FCF are all printing in the negative. ...this is NOT a good sign !!

That said, I however like the fact that a key measure of SOLVENCY like D/E, and that of VALUATION like P/BV still shows that the company is NOT likely to be 'another sky' and that there is still a good FOUNDATION to improve on. ...If only the management of DIAMOND can be open, purposeful and efficient.

My line of action?
If I were in DIAMOND, I would've exited before now.
I recall I once advised folks to immediately sell off their holding in the coy when I stated here that STERLING BANK will likely displace DIAMOND from among the 3 musketeers.
My advise?
Pls kindly follow ur instinct.

NOTE: Due diligence should ALWAYS be ur 1st priority.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2018
veecovee:

smiley I like this gentle somebody,

Unlike many, he takes time doing great selfless works here.

... more strength for your shoulders. Do you believe in Christian prayers?

I want to travel out next week for mission work, fasting and prayers. Do you have any prayer needs?

Write me, interveee@yahoo.com. He that waters, shall be watered.

Cheers!

Thanks for the compliment Sir vecove !!
But many here have, and are also still doing a great job. ...am not the only one pls.
Everyone can play a role in helping to build all of us.

On the prayers, of course I welcome it !!
But don't just do it for me... include everyone when u do.
Ask God to kindly shower us with good health and help us to overcome the many life storms that come our way !!

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:49pm On Sep 22, 2018
moneywoman74:
One gently guy(OGG) please attend to my mail.

Will do well to check later.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deepsuk(f): 1:07am On Sep 23, 2018
So Skye bank don die

Just last week I was here warning young investors from staying away from it because some criminals were here trying to prop up the shares...

This forum needs policing to protect investors from cabal of paid con artists of dead beat companies who come and wrote long articles to convince in experienced to buy the shares and become shell holders.

Ok I am open to gender abuse and insults now from the cabal that sits here with multiple monikers

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 3:39am On Sep 23, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 4:37am On Sep 23, 2018
CHAI!! GOD WAS GIVING THEM FREE MANNA, WHICH WAS GOOD FOR HEALTH. INSTEAD OF BEING
GRATEFUL, THEY WEPT AND LUSTED AFTER FLESH THAT'S NOT TOO GOOD FOR HEALTH. ARE ...

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-daily-messages/17#up

(1) (2) (3) ... (3948) (3949) (3950) (3951) (3952) (3953) (3954) ... (7729) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Adinije(f), olujaidi, ndept, chunkuli, shonyboi(m), Agbalowomeri, 222Martins(m), Boshins, Zagee, ojesymsym, ogoo4real, Locotrader(m), Hedgefunds, NewBola, ExpertDealer, robobo and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.