Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10815297 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (7722) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
SO DO WE BUY IT? . IF U ARE TO BUY TODAY WILL YOU BUY THE STOCK?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
IF U ARE TO BUY TODAY WILL U BUY JAPAUL OIL NOW? WHAT OF THE STOCK U PROMIS THIS WEEK?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
ihedioramma: IF U ARE TO BUY TODAY WILL U BUY JAPAUL OIL NOW? WHAT OF THE STOCK U PROMIS THIS WEEK?

I only buy stock that I can give me a rest of mind. If you wish to buy Japaul the price will move up with the maket action, but the tumbling down may be great. To get research materials on Japaul is some how difficult. Please stay save. For now I continue to accumulate dangote. I am immpressed with the pricing volume and market action. There is no need for me to have 20 brands of stocks , while I can just stay with maximum of 4, well researched companies.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
stockbull: stocks that would form an intermediary uptrend are the best for nigerian investors. on that note, we've all seen oando price appreciation and nothing stopping this stock from coming out in the top ten gainers of this month if all things been equal. the price movement is excellent as it was steady and not JUMP. STOCKS that make jump would easily pull back all gains unless there are good refreshing news just as positive news has been influencing UBA. with a good welcome of their rights issue,the sky is just the limit. if you are holding the stock, please hold on even for the first quarter of the month as you may rake 100% profit.as the stock is moving towards N15, this round figure may mean sell....... sell..... sell..... to investors. if there is profiteering next week, dont worry as it will not be much and if the stock fails to dip, whaoooooooo investors are really confident.

i knew this would happen before .on a candlesticks chart today, oando form marabuzu as i have said earlier that the stock should react to this price range and just as the stock advanced day before yesterday so it declined today. If nigeria stock market was followed by the world investors, this week would be bitter for oando as it signal a variation of an evening star on a three day chart as technicians would alert an arrival of a bear and that the moon is covered and this would worsen the scenario but i can tell you that oando declined because investors are making sharp gains on their rights. As the stock traded around sixteen naira yesterday, it shows old investors are making thirty percent gains on their rights issue and this led to competition in selling today. You will noticed that the stock opened on a strong note to continue the bullish days but when sellers came on board, things reverse. Oando may decline slightly tomorrow but would not close lower than the week open.this may be the time for new investors to watch and join before the bull take over
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
THANK'S MY BROTHERS, KEEP IT COMING.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:18am On Jan 24, 2013
IS IT TRUE FOR EVERY 1 OANDO SHARE 1 HAS BEFOR 19OCT 2012 WILL BE GIVING 2NEW SHARES FREE? SO AS I HAVE 1000 SHARES WITH THEM I NOW HAVE 2000+1000=3000 SHARES IS IT LIKE THAT ? WHAT IF I DONT BUY FROM THE R,ISSUE NOW WILL I MISS THE FREE SHARES NOW ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
ihedioramma: IS IT TRUE FOR EVERY 1 OANDO SHARE 1 HAS BEFOR 19OCT 2012 WILL BE GIVING 2NEW SHARES FREE? SO AS I HAVE 1000 SHARES WITH THEM I NOW HAVE 2000+1000=3000 SHARES IS IT LIKE THAT ? WHAT IF I DONT BUY FROM THE R,ISSUE NOW WILL I MISS THE FREE SHARES NOW ?
it is not like that brother. you have to request for the circular. it means that you can acquire two rights issue for every one unit you are holding and if you don't have the money to but more shares, you will tell your broker to help you trade your rights but this has not always been easy because those company management are the ones making the money from the rights and time is far gone now. you need more to understand rights issue. am coming on this forum to educate people on trading rights issue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:54am On Jan 25, 2013
I DONT UNDERSTAND IT PLS. TEACH ME THE WAY I WILL UNDERSTAND IT PLS MY BROTHER.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:11am On Jan 25, 2013
stockbull:

i knew this would happen before .on a candlesticks chart today, oando form marabuzu as i have said earlier that the stock should react to this price range and just as the stock advanced day before yesterday so it declined today. If nigeria stock market was followed by the world investors, this week would be bitter for oando as it signal a variation of an evening star on a three day chart as technicians would alert an arrival of a bear and that the moon is covered and this would worsen the scenario but i can tell you that oando declined because investors are making sharp gains on their rights. As the stock traded around sixteen naira yesterday, it shows old investors are making thirty percent gains on their rights issue and this led to competition in selling today. You will noticed that the stock opened on a strong note to continue the bullish days but when sellers came on board, things reverse. Oando may decline slightly tomorrow but would not close lower than the week open.this may be the time for new investors to watch and join before the bull take over

To add to this, the price of oando was on the southward trend on wednesday as news filtered into the market that the postal service are on strike thereby hindering the distribution of the ongoing right issue(like i said earlier that the market reacts instantly to news either positive or negative)...I am seeing an extension period for oando right issue.

However, the oando rights issue is kind of complex becos if you go tru the rights issue you will notice some hickups....Also there are no underwriters, stock brokers and financial houses did not participate in their right offers and i was informed that some foriegn companes sold their oando shares....Anyways some reknowned financial analyst still recommend it but i would advice that once you buy just know that it is for the long term...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:17am On Jan 25, 2013
The market is to resume today after yesterdays break...This is the chance to enter into some valuable stocks that were on the decline this few days....Sterling bank is one of them so watch out....

I still have some stocks in mind...will mention dem soon..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
Bros, mention the stocks na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 1:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
chukyjones:

Bros, mention the stocks na

I mentioned sterling bank recently...

I just need some more time to study two stocks on my watchlist.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Personally, sterling bank has been having problem crossing N3+ tresshold since 2010 be careful and ensure traders follow this stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
IS UBA COMING TO MARKET OR WHAT IS THERE RIGHTS ISSUE THIS 2013? . LET SOME ONE TEACH ME ABOUT OANDO RIGHTS ISSUE ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 9:59am On Jan 28, 2013
ihedioramma: IS UBA COMING TO MARKET OR WHAT IS THERE RIGHTS ISSUE THIS 2013? . LET SOME ONE TEACH ME ABOUT OANDO RIGHTS ISSUE ?

Right issue is the benefit of having new shares in a company at a prefrence because you are currently an a shareholder in that company. The new share or the right is usually discounted and is based on a prorata basis of what you are currently holding. For example if you have 200 shares, the right declared maybe 1 for 2 , in essence for every 2 shares you hold, you are entittled to 1 right. in this case for the 200 shares you have 100 rights which you can purchase, sell or neglect.

If the market price is N14, the right price may be N12( at a discount). This is to make it attractive to the current share holders to pick up the rights. The company usually send circulars to the share holders to notify them of their rights. With the document( Circular) the existing sharehoder can pay for the rights they intend to pick up. In case, the share holder could not pick all the rights accrue to Him , he may make arrangement with his stock broker to help him sell the rights. This may interest some buyers since the buyer will pay less than the market value of the shares as well the share holder can make small profit. This is a win ,win situation.
For example instead of a buyer to go to the market and purchase at N14, the seller of rights through the help of broker can sell for 13 Naira. Since the right is N12, a profit of N1 is made on each right by the seller. Buyer too is happy for paying less of the market value by N1.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hello Guys,
what do you still think of OANDO with all the rumours surrounding its right issue as well as it's price dip rescently.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
chukyjones: Hello Guys,
what do you still think of OANDO with all the rumours surrounding its right issue as well as it's price dip rescently.

From the way price is behaving on this stock. It is a buy. Watch If the stock find support at N14. For now I am watching and may take action if the stock turn upward from N14, but will hold if it breaks below N14.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chaktty: 5:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
the market is now better. Thank God
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
WHAT OF UBA?,ARE THEY SELLING THERE SHARE NOW? AS I HAVE OANDO BEFOR IF I DONT BUY NOW WILL THERE ANY PROBLEM WITH MY HOLDING?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
transcorp and john holt may be one of the good stocks for the long run. Traders and short term investors should look into other sector in the stock market. Still watching dangote sugar and some other stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
stockbull: transcorp and john holt may be one of the good stocks for the long run. Traders and short term investors should look into other sector in the stock market. Still watching dangote sugar and some other stocks

bros did i hear you say John Holt? abeg where their office even dey self? I will rather wait a little and buy uniyy bank at .60 than eneter this one..

transcorp is a little over priced at the moment too..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2013
flour milling industry industry is now more competitive and as we have seen honey well flour mill stock doing well . We expect dangote flour and flour mill to generate huge gains. Watch these stocks as they would generate gains unnoticed before the middle of the year. I will also emphasise that investors would want to invest base on earning in the next month and pz cusson would do well in the medium term but do not expect a noticeable price gains as you would not see it since it's a medium cap stock. We expect C and I leasing to end her dormancy in the next few month, so , prepare for this stock as it will generate 100% gains before the year ends.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
if oando fails to advance tomorrow then it will make some gains next week so do not expect the stock to dip below 13 as it will not. For those who have interest, you may buy now but the only problem is that, i have not seen strong interest in the stock now as regard my analysis. Unity bank should also be watched for short term gains
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:25pm On Jan 30, 2013
feelamong:

bros did i hear you say John Holt? abeg where their office even dey self? I will rather wait a little and buy uniyy bank at .60 than eneter this one..

transcorp is a little over priced at the moment too..
you make me laugh........... You are just been emotional. In this time when the market is getting better and you see a stock that has dipped heavily, definitely all stocks would dance to the tone of the market in the long run. These stocks may not be for active investors and let me remind you that big names are nothing in stock market. When investors see that stock is much underpriced in bull market, they take it up and thats all. Those stock that came top on last yearly gainers were not big names. "IN A LONG RUN"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
@OP,IS OANDO GOOD FOR LONG RUN NOW? FOR DANGFOUR WHAT PRICE CAN WE SELL?(THAT IS FOR U LIKE WHAT PRICE CAN U SELL ?).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
ihedioramma: @OP,IS OANDO GOOD FOR LONG RUN NOW? FOR DANGFOUR WHAT PRICE CAN WE SELL?(THAT IS FOR U LIKE WHAT PRICE CAN U SELL ?).
oando is still much very good for long term and dangote flour is not good to sell now but if you think you have made gains and you want to go for other stock, you can. For the last three years, anyone who jump out of the stock after good positioning regret their decision later. With my historical data, the stock seldom shed price overnight and you will hardly recognise the support point as the stock would be moving and the retracement period always has component of mixed reactions.the stock always compensate patient investors
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rozayx5(m): 8:14am On Jan 31, 2013
ihedioramma: PLS LIVE THIS ROOM AND OPEN YOURS, GOTO THE FOREX HERE IS NOT FOREX .PLS
grin grin

seems he did not read the thread title
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2013
stockbull: you make me laugh........... You are just been emotional. In this time when the market is getting better and you see a stock that has dipped heavily, definitely all stocks would dance to the tone of the market in the long run. These stocks may not be for active investors and let me remind you that big names are nothing in stock market. When investors see that stock is much underpriced in bull market, they take it up and thats all. Those stock that came top on last yearly gainers were not big names. "IN A LONG RUN"

Bros.. whether you are in a bull run or bear run.. the first thing you look for first is if a stock is foundamentally ok...then the next will be the best time to move in..here techinicals come in!

John Holt is as good as a dead company! what is their ROE, PE ratio or their EPS? until i get this then forget all the bull run story.. we saw all these during the last bull run..ask those that bought Capital oil aand Afroil oil to tell u more!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:37am On Jan 31, 2013
stockbull:
oando is still much very good for long term and dangote flour is not good to sell now but if you think you have made gains and you want to go for other stock, you can. For the last three years, anyone who jump out of the stock after good positioning regret their decision later. With my historical data, the stock seldom shed price overnight and you will hardly recognise the support point as the stock would be moving and the retracement period always has component of mixed reactions.the stock always compensate patient investors

why would anyone want to buy OANDO now? with all the past poor cooperate governance in this company? If the rights offer was soo good why is the stock still struggling at 13- 14 even in a good Bull market?

I have asked the so called investment houses asking people to buy this stock or take the rights to go ahead and Underwrite the offer..no one is comfortable doing that and yet they all say its a good one! OANDO is a big fraud! another ENRON in the making!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (7722) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SAK, Jonwest, kdaddy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.