Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4052) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10829702 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4049) (4050) (4051) (4052) (4053) (4054) (4055) ... (7730) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
Cadillac15:

Wow!!! Are you sure it was the correct result we downloaded

@Cadillac15 I know how Anxious u're waiting for flourmill result. watzup...long time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
tritritri:

@Cadillac15 I know how Anxious u're waiting for flourmill result. watzup...long time

Baba i dey o. How far our discussion? Hope you have made a headway.

Gracias
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
Cadillac15:

Baba i dey o. How far our discussion? Hope you have made a headway.

Gracias

Not at all..waiting till december to proceed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
Cadillac15:

Wow!!! Are you sure it was the correct result we downloaded
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
tritritri:

Not at all..waiting till december to proceed.

Cool. Na bonanza i dey wait now. Right behind chibuking grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
Cadillac15:

Cool. Na bonanza i dey wait now. Right behind chibuking grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

On the other hand what if the bonanza gang get disappointed ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2018
tritritri:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

On the other hand what if the bonanza gang get disappointed ?

Chibuking and co. will pay me damages. For misdirecting and bambozzling me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
Pls all, is unionDiag result out?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dupeodus: 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
locodemy:

unless the private placement is discarded.Aiico will go up in price likewise Diamond bank.

Note......I am not buying Aiico because of result but because of the new investor who is bidding above the market price.

Aiico management continues to manipulate it's financials to suppress it's share price because of this private placement they want to do. They want to buy more shares of the company on the cheap. The q3 financials has an unexplained N3.6 billion Fair Value loss. We know that losses like this come from the valuation of their government Bond holdings when interest rate increases. However, there has not been any significant movement in government Bond coupon rates between December 2017 and end of September to justify this loss. Besides, we did not see any correspondent downward movement on the life contract liability side if interest rates has gone up This is another one on top of their undervaluation of their government Bond holdings as of 31 Dec 2017. For the financial year ending 31 Dec 2016, AIICO correctly marked down the value of it's Government bond holdings by N12 billion because interest rates on government Bond jumped. The life contract liabilities were similarly marked down. By financial year ending 31 Dec 2017 however, interest rates on government bonds reverted back to around 13%. While the life contract liabilities were correctly marked up to reflect higher valuation because of lower discounting rates, the value of the government bonds assets were not marked up to reflect the lower prevailing rates. Instead, the N12 billion negative reserve created in 31 Dec 2016 because of the asset mark down was netted against the Retained Earnings post 31 Dec 2017. If one takes out all of these manipulations through the valuation of assets and liabilities because of changes in interest rates, then you begin to see the true potential of AIICO. Sometimes, I wish I could see the financials of Leadway, the leading life insurance company to compare with AIICO but Leadway is a private company.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
Dupeodus:

Aiico management continues to manipulate it's financials to suppress it's share price because of this private placement they want to do. They want to buy more shares of the company on the cheap. The q3 financials has an unexplained N3.6 billion Fair Value loss. We know that losses like this come from the valuation of their government Bond holdings when interest rate increases. However, there has not been any significant movement in government Bond coupon rates between December 2017 and end of September to justify this loss. Besides, we did not see any correspondent downward movement on the life contract liability side if interest rates has gone up This is another one on top of their undervaluation of their government Bond holdings as of 31 Dec 2017. For the financial year ending 31 Dec 2016, AIICO correctly marked down the value of it's Government bond holdings by N12 billion because interest rates on government Bond jumped. The life contract liabilities were similarly marked down. By financial year ending 31 Dec 2017 however, interest rates on government bonds reverted back to around 13%. While the life contract liabilities were correctly marked up to reflect higher valuation because of lower discounting rates, the value of the government bonds assets were not marked up to reflect the lower prevailing rates. Instead, the N12 billion negative reserve created in 31 Dec 2016 because of the asset mark down was netted against the Retained Earnings post 31 Dec 2017. If one takes out all of these manipulations through the valuation of assets and liabilities because of changes in interest rates, then you begin to see the true potential of AIICO. Sometimes, I wish I could see the financials of Leadway, the leading life insurance company to compare with AIICO but Leadway is a private company.

why do you think the mgt want to surpress the share price and to whose detriment?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2018
tritritri:

here is the result http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/24328_FLOUR_MILLS_NIG._PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2018.pdf

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2018
tritritri:

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/24328_FLOUR_MILLS_NIG._PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2018.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2018
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/24259_AIRLINE_SERVICES_AND_LOGISTICS_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2018.pdf

Q3 RESULT OF NEWREST ASL (Airline services & logistics plc)

Arguably one of the best result to come out of the Nigerian stock exchange in Q3 !!
...with a gap up in revenue lines and an over double digit growth accross all earnings line.
EBITDA MARGIN, GROSS MARGIN, NET MARGIN, PROFIT MARGIN, ETERPRISE VALUE, RoIC, ROAE, ROAA and EPS.
...with the last line (EPS) growing by over 191% to N1.73 from 59k in the corresponding period of last yr.
I am particularly impressed by the coys EM !!
Fantastic result in all ramification.

NEWREST ASL was one of the coys I mentioned here in the past.
...it's a BUY from my end !!
Assuming zero % growth and using a TTM EPS of N1.73 (as at Q3) at a discount rate plus risk premium of 15%, the coys Fair Value should compute as N11.50 !!. ...which presents a potential yield of near 92% from capital appreciation given the present market price of N6
This is discounting for any and all possible inherent risk.
I have since said that NEWREST ASL is a BUY ...in fact ACCUMULATE !!
...current VALUE behind the price describes a company that has NO business selling for N6.

Disclosure: I hold some unit of NEWREST ASL in my investment portfolio.
Disclaimer: NOT A RECOMMENDATION. ...due diligence still applies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2018
currentprice:

here is the result http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/24328_FLOUR_MILLS_NIG._PLC._FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2018.pdf

grin grin grin

Almost d same position as dangflour..@currentprice help me analyse d result. almost 48% difference from 2017.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MonkeyHunter: 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2018
Dupeodus:

Leadway's financials can be downloaded from here

https://www.leadway.com/about-leadway-assurance/annual-accounts/

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2018
Cadillac15:

More than 60% drop in all parameters. Buhari has killed us finally embarassed

And I bid at 18.00 to test ground nobody sell.... I will now be waiting at 10 Naira. Sai Baba grin

In a Buharized economy like this, the best stocks are banking stock, as bank will always make money regardless.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 8:24pm On Oct 30, 2018
tritritri:

Almost d same position as dangflour..@currentprice help me analyse d result. almost 48% difference from 2017.

not a good result. in my own opinion FM may likely fall more from the currentprice.

on my bedsheet, i have fairprice of N13

the good thing i see about this result is the company have positive Free cash from equity, "others company in same category lack this" which if proper use can increase their Q3 earnings

FCFE per share is 5 times the EPS reported. good oxygen for them

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 8:24pm On Oct 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2018
currentprice:

not a good result. in my own opinion FM may likely fall more from the currentprice.

the good thing i see about this result is the company have positive Free cash from equity, which if proper use can increase their Q3 earnings

grin grin grin

If fair price is N13, then the N10 is too high. I may have to wait for N6-N7 to enter

What price will Dangite Flour be then?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2018
currentprice:

the good thing i see about this result is the company have positive Free cash from equity, "others company in same category lack this" which if proper use can increase their Q3 earnings

grin grin grin

if their investors look the way of the FCFE per share instead of eps. this stock might not fall near the fairprice

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2018
currentprice:

if their investors look the way of the FCFE per share instead of eps. this stock might not go near the fairprice

grin

It cant go below 16, even in reccession it never went below.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
On a more serious note results from this consumer goods sector gives a clear picture of what is really happening in this country. Purchasing power of the middle class is getting wiped out and the painful reality is our politicians don't care.

Buhari is killing this economy, I dont care what kind of corrruption he his fighting...the worst that can happen to this economy now is for us to slip back into recesssion.

If Buhari wins in 2019...that would be my goodbye to nse or maybe hold unto one stock (GTB/Zenith) and move rest of my funds into Dollar($), because we would definitely witness another recession. The only thing keeping us now is Crude oil price.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
stcool:
[s]On a more serious note results from this consumer goods sector gives a clear picture of what is really happening in this country. Purchasing power of the middle class is getting wiped out and the painful reality is our politicians don't care.

Buhari is killing this economy, I dont care what kind of corrruption he his fighting...the worst that can happen to this economy now is for us to slip back into recesssion.

If Buhari wins in 2019...that would be my goodbye to nse or maybe hold unto one stock (GTB/Zenith) and move rest of my funds into Dollar($), because we would definitely witness another recession. The only thing keeping us now is Crude oil price. [/s]
Start packing your loads sir .

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
4601CE:

Start packing your loads sir .

As usual Zombies are quick to defend their messiah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
stcool:

As usual Zombies are quick to defend their messiah
Ok

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (4049) (4050) (4051) (4052) (4053) (4054) (4055) ... (7730) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Choiceguy, janga(m), MrDiligence, IamR, nnadengram(m), Zegra, Agbalowomeri, Owoblowblow, talktofemi, unite4real, BabsO2(m), eziokwunwoko(m), ositadima1(m), TsarZed, donchichi and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.