Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10819274 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4500) (4501) (4502) (4503) (4504) (4505) (4506) ... (7725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
The challenge with UCAP is that even if they make huge profit. They won't be able to pay much out as dividend because of the excess tax on dividend they will have to pay because most of their income are tax exempt.. I don't think that the subsidiaries, United Securities and Asset management and United Trustees are contributing much as they should. I don't want to believe that some is short changing us the shareholders. I will watch the next quarter to see how it will all go. Ready to buy more at less than N2 [quote author=Capitas7 post=77622806]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
United Capital Delivers Disappointing Q1 2019 Results
Profit, Gross Earnings, EPS Significantly Decline
https://businesspost.ng/2019/04/17/united-capital-delivers-disappointing-q1-2019-results/

FY 2018: NAHCO to Pay N406m Dividend After 74.6% Drop in Profit
https://businesspost.ng/2019/04/17/fy-2018-nahco-to-pay-n406m-dividend-after-74-6-drop-in-profit/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
Deadlytruth:

I think it's CHAMS going by the information contained in the last corporate action they filed with NSE.

But I have never bought Chams.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
Deadlytruth:

I think it's CHAMS going by the information contained in the last corporate action they filed with NSE.
There is different between the followings:
Qualification date
CLose of registrar book
Payment date.
Qualification date is the last day which an investor can buy a share and be entitled to dividend. It is always the next day after the qualification date
CLose of registrar book is the day that the registrar update their book to determine the investors that are qualify for the dividend.
Payment date is the day schedule to pay all those who are qualified for the dividend

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
rebekah2011:
The challenge with UCAP is that even if they make huge profit. They won't be able to pay much out as dividend because of the excess tax on dividend they will have to pay because most of their income are tax exempt.. I don't think that the subsidiaries, United Securities and Asset management and United Trustees are contributing much as they should. I don't want to believe that some is short changing us the shareholders. I will watch the next quarter to see how it will all go. Ready to buy more at less than N2
This is serious and not fair on shareholders. You have drawn my attention to important aspects of this company's rewarding factors, and I will join you in awaiting what Q2 has to offer. With regards price, I am HOPEFUL that some MAGICAL sentiments drive it up to around 3NGN in a near time, so I can sell my usual 33% for possible re-entry at those low prices. Thank you for the enlightenment sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
Capitas7:

This is serious and not fair on shareholders. You have drawn my attention to important aspects of this company's rewarding factors, and I will join you in awaiting what Q2 has to offer. With regards price, I am HOPEFUL that some magical sentiments drive it up to around 3NGN in a near time, so I can sell my usual 33% for possible re-entry at those low prices. Thank you for the enlightenment sir.

Q3 or so.Ucap drop a bad result..it quickly bounce back to 3.03 within few days....i will buy more if it drop below 2.50

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
Getting tired of buying fundamentally sound stock,please help me beam ur sachlite for royal exchange assurance
Wanna try my rock with it,
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
ndidigood:
Getting tired of buying fundamentally sound stock,please help me beam ur sachlite for royal exchange assurance
Wanna try my rock with it,

grin grin grin grin grin u wan turn to Ndididbad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2019
tritritri:

Q3 or so.Ucap drop a bad result..it quickly bounce back to 3.03 within few days....i will buy more if it drop below 2.50
Thank you for the fact my oga. Hopefully, it will repeat itself to allow me realize my plan. I still hold the 33% that I bought at 2.57NGN during the recent dip. With the cash, I can join you at around 2NGN for re-entry.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
tritritri:

l wish and pray it gets to that 3 sumtin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please can someone look into Honeywell flour mills for me? I wish to queue up tomorrow...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2019
tritritri:

grin grin grin grin grin u wan turn to Ndididbad
u nogo understand my plight
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
phemmie06:

There is different between the followings:
Qualification date
CLose of registrar book
Payment date.
Qualification date is the last day which an investor can buy a share and be entitled to dividend. It is always the next day after the qualification date
CLose of registrar book is the day that the registrar update their book to determine the investors that are qualify for the dividend.
Payment date is the day schedule to pay all those who are qualified for the dividend
Thanks. I hurriedly read through the document the day it was released hence I didn't notice that it was qualification date they fixed for today with an unspecified payment date.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
ndidigood:
l wish and pray it gets to that 3 sumtin
Hmm.. sarcasim grin . This skepticism is everywhere. UCAP no do well at all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
ndidigood:
Getting tired of buying fundamentally sound stock, please help me beam ur sachlite for royal exchange assurance
Wanna try my ro ck with it,
You are contemplating venturing into a very slippery terrain which takes Herculean courage to tread. Welcome all the same.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2019
Heishere:
Please can someone look into Honeywell flour mills for me? I wish to queue up tomorrow...
I thought they say flour mill stocks are no go areas for now as there are no more flours in the mill according to OGG?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
Deadlytruth:

You are contemplating venturing into a very slippery terrain which takes Herculean courage to tread. Welcome all the same.
just want to try that royal exchange.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kevostica(m): 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
Dont kn how to post something from mail to nairaland. My registrar replied my mail saying that my signature is irregular. That i should sign the correct signature and resend it through my bank. My thinking, my bank saw the signature and oks it b4 sending but cardinalstone says it is diff with what they have with them.pls what do i do? Send another one or to wait for dividend warrant. My feeling is that if i send another one they will still say the same thing.This is why i said they supposed to included bnk info with the signature specimen that are sent to the registrars. Provision ought to be made for this issue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dupeodus: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
One thing to note on aiico. The company has not executed the private placement for which they got approval for in the last egm. This would have diluted the holdings of retail shareholders. I still believe the company is still overstating it's liabilities to some extent. The managers are just letting the investors know about the real profitability of this company. It is either they have given up on the scheme to grab a higher proportion of the company for themselves or they are awaiting a more opportune time. I do believe that the delay between the board approval of the accounts and final release is related to this issue.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Thanks. I hurriedly read through the document the day it was released hence I didn't notice that it was qualification date they fixed for today with an [b]unspecified payment date.[b]
Before September the AGM will hold and payment will be made before December.
cheesy cheesy grin
Na joke I de joke ó

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
ndidigood:
just want to try that royal exchange.
Is the daily volume okay?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
phemmie06:

Before September the AGM will hold and payment will be made before December.
cheesy cheesy grin

December all the way! Chai! These CHAMS directors aren't nice at all. However, this long gestation period seems to be due to non-availability of funds as seen in the negative retained earnings, hence their possible calculation that by December they will have gotten some cash from Qs 1, 2 and 3 operations to pay.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
phemmie06:
Before September the AGM will hold and payment will be made before December. cheesy cheesy grin Na joke I de joke ó
That joke fit send person to mortuary o! Lol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
Deadlytruth:

I thought they say flour mill stocks are no go areas for now as there are no more flours in the mill according to OGG?

Please can you be specific?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 5:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
onegentleguy:
The past few days has seen me receive a handful of mails over the 2018 FP of FIRST BANK. ...with quite a few of those asking of my opinion on whether its a good buy.
Well, without giving a clear cut answer to that, I'd prefer to highlight a few noticeable worries and allow folks 'to have the last word' with their decision-making.

A brief:

-The bank made a huge loan write-off of over 180B, yet saw its NPL expand above 1350bps from over 22.5% in 2017 to near 26% in 2018. ...this is not a good sign.
With key loans in its book including a 24B exposure to etisalat, and over 4.5x that amount to Atlantic energy, an approx 41% of the total write-off figure can not be accounted for within the spheres of its published result. ...that calls for some serious concern.
Again, I am worried about the banks qualifying capital in proportion to its loan. With CAR contracting by well over 270bps to ~17.2% despite the forbearance from the CBN over the full implementation of IFRS 9 in that line.
...but for that forbearance, CAR as at FY 2018 would've printed far lower(a deceleration of near 400bps to ~10.6%) from the banks 2017 print. ...a figure, so NOT befitting of the banks international status.
The interpretation of this is that 1st banks risk asset measured against its loan remains clearly UNHEALTHY.
The banks RE position also cast some measure of doubt over its ability to maintain or up its current low dividend pay out in the mid term, following an over 97% drop from near 170B in 2017 to just 4.4B in 2018. ...this is even more so given that the banks statutory reserve also declined by near 43B, feeling the heat from the new guide on reporting standard.
-On the profitability front, earnings from running the bank(operating income) actually went down YoY(by ~700bps) and QoQ(~250bps) behind an over 14% cut down in deriavable/net interest income. ...with PAT MARGIN mainly driven by an over 40% YoY or approx 54% QoQ drop in loan loss provision.
Discount that, and u'll see that the bank was only able to deliver a meagre ~24k deriavable earnings(EPS) to its shareholders in Q4 2018.
- Elsewhere, a combination of a higher interest expense and increased CoF(cost of fund) @~881bps and 340bps respectively, on the back of a ~750bps YoY drop in interest income line, ensured that the banks asset quality and yield contracted. ...with the latter pressured down by over 11%.
I am also less impressed with the print accross its key revenue and earnings line. ...particularly their ROAE, ROAA, EBITDA MARGIN, REVENUE MARGIN and EM.
Sure there are a few positives. But these cons are not to be taken lightly.

My verdict: The bank is still struggling with a combination of weak and bad assets which has ensured a strongly difficult route for a clear growth trajectory.
...with efficiency ratios suggestive of a less than impressive performance in both their loan driven front and that of their investment channels.
FIRST BANK should have a place in the portfolio of only those with long term investment horizon. ...but clearly not dividend growth investors.
That said, the estimated beta value of the bank @ well above unity(1) and the industrial average shows that sentiment is still tilted on the side of a healthy patronage(vol).
In contrast though, it does appear that the 'belief system' on the part of investors has been quite weak. This is even more true considering that the coys equity price has stayed solidly below its 50 sma in the short-mid term, while its 200 sma prints even much higher. ...referencing a clear reservation on the part of retail investors and an indifferent/weak romance/belief on the part of FMs, FPIs and DPIs.
With FBNH therefore, caution should be the watch word !!

From where am standing, its relative 1st tier peers, UBA and ACCESS @ current mkt prices presents a clearer and greater MoS deriavable value to tap from, and so remains better options ahead of 1st bank.

NOTE: This piece is strictly on the premise to aide with striking the RIGHT balance between the pros and cons of 1st banks 2018 FP. ...It should therefore not be infered as any sought of recommendation.

My advise: Pls follow ur instinct.
that's why I said shareholders are perpetually working for and bearing the brunt for crooked management. what of the much talked about write back of last year? shareholders here are in for a long thing. give out a loan and write off , give out another loan and write off.. on top of of that still smoke concentrated Oshogbo weed and give out another loan and write off.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2019
onegentleguy:
The past few days has seen me receive a handful of mails over the 2018 FP of FIRST BANK. ...with quite a few of those asking of my opinion on whether its a good buy.
Well, without giving a clear cut answer to that, I'd prefer to highlight a few noticeable worries and allow folks 'to have the last word' with their decision-making.

A brief:

-The bank made a huge loan write-off of over 180B, yet saw its NPL expand above 1350bps from over 22.5% in 2017 to near 26% in 2018. ...this is not a good sign.
With key loans in its book including a 24B exposure to etisalat, and over 4.5x that amount to Atlantic energy, an approx 41% of the total write-off figure can not be accounted for within the spheres of its published result. ...that calls for some serious concern.
Again, I am worried about the banks qualifying capital in proportion to its loan. With CAR contracting by well over 270bps to ~17.2% despite the forbearance from the CBN over the full implementation of IFRS 9 in that line.
...but for that forbearance, CAR as at FY 2018 would've printed far lower(a deceleration of near 400bps to ~10.6%) from the banks 2017 print. ...a figure, so NOT befitting of the banks international status.
The interpretation of this is that 1st banks risk asset measured against its loan remains clearly UNHEALTHY.
The banks RE position also cast some measure of doubt over its ability to maintain or up its current low dividend pay out in the mid term, following an over 97% drop from near 170B in 2017 to just 4.4B in 2018. ...this is even more so given that the banks statutory reserve also declined by near 43B, feeling the heat from the new guide on reporting standard.
-On the profitability front, earnings from running the bank(operating income) actually went down YoY(by ~700bps) and QoQ(~250bps) behind an over 14% cut down in deriavable/net interest income. ...with PAT MARGIN mainly driven by an over 40% YoY or approx 54% QoQ drop in loan loss provision.
Discount that, and u'll see that the bank was only able to deliver a meagre ~24k deriavable earnings(EPS) to its shareholders in Q4 2018.
- Elsewhere, a combination of a higher interest expense and increased CoF(cost of fund) @~881bps and 340bps respectively, on the back of a ~750bps YoY drop in interest income line, ensured that the banks asset quality and yield contracted. ...with the latter pressured down by over 11%.
I am also less impressed with the print accross its key revenue and earnings line. ...particularly their ROAE, ROAA, EBITDA MARGIN, REVENUE MARGIN and EM.
Sure there are a few positives. But these cons are not to be taken lightly.

My verdict: The bank is still struggling with a combination of weak and bad assets which has ensured a strongly difficult route for a clear growth trajectory.
...with efficiency ratios suggestive of a less than impressive performance in both their loan driven front and that of their investment channels.
FIRST BANK should have a place in the portfolio of only those with long term investment horizon. ...but clearly not dividend growth investors.
That said, the estimated beta value of the bank @ well above unity(1) and the industrial average shows that sentiment is still tilted on the side of a healthy patronage(vol).
In contrast though, it does appear that the 'belief system' on the part of investors has been quite weak. This is even more true considering that the coys equity price has stayed solidly below its 50 sma in the short-mid term, while its 200 sma prints even much higher. ...referencing a clear reservation on the part of retail investors and an indifferent/weak romance/belief on the part of FMs, FPIs and DPIs.
With FBNH therefore, caution should be the watch word !!

From where am standing, its relative 1st tier peers, UBA and ACCESS @ current mkt prices presents a clearer and greater MoS deriavable value to tap from, and so remains better options ahead of 1st bank.

NOTE: This piece is strictly on the premise to aide with striking the RIGHT balance between the pros and cons of 1st banks 2018 FP. ...It should therefore not be infered as any sought of recommendation.

My advise: Pls follow ur instinct.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Is the daily volume okay?
I de do homework on it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teejay1334(m): 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2019
good evening guys, it's my pleasure coming across this thread.pls I have 100k and I would love to invest it in stocks for a long term. here are my questions :
1.how can I open an account in order to invest
2.pls can u direct me to a good stockbroker
3.hope 100k is enough to buy a stock for a long term
4. can u plz tell me d type of stock to. invest in for long term

will really appreciate ur response as soon as possible pls.thanks u all in advance
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
Heishere:

OGG and coy has finished the HONEY in the WELL.
So no more HONEY in the WELL.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by teejay1334(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2019
teejay1334:
good evening guys, it's my pleasure coming across this thread.pls I have 100k and I would love to invest it in stocks for a long term. here are my questions :
1.how can I open an account in order to invest
2.pls can u direct me to a good stockbroker
3.hope 100k is enough to buy a stock for a long term
4. can u plz tell me d type of stock to. invest in for long term

will really appreciate ur response as soon as possible pls.thanks u all in advance

am still waiting for ur response o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2019
Heishere:

Though I can't vividly recollect the language our gurus used here, it was about a feeling that there is too much of competition for the quoted flour companies from their unquoted partners which will likely progressively worsen far into the future.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4500) (4501) (4502) (4503) (4504) (4505) (4506) ... (7725) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ginalex(f), kodelee, godlyguy(m), MaXTeXJaX, Princkez, manwomanok, Nobelwinner and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.